The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Entertainment & Hobbies > Video Games > Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews

Notices

Let's Plays, Guides and Reviews Want to showcase yourself playing a game? Want to write a guide on how to beat the hardest levels of a game? Or maybe you want to give your review of a game you have? If so, this is the place for you!

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 11th, 2010, 03:24 AM
Aizuke
☆  q u e  s e r a
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest

Let's Play! by Aizuke @ pokecommunity

Hey guys! Soo this is my first official LP. XD; So bare with me as I am still new to this. :B

Um I decided to LP a game called Pocky and Rocky (orly now? I couldn't tell even with the huge banner above) which is kinda different to most of the pokemon LP's I'm seeing here. :B It's a fairly old game that was on SNES, I played it when I was little. :3 Well I played number 2 actually, and this is the first one so I'm new to the story line and everything. XD Also a little something different is it's a video. :D So you can hear my quirky voice, haha. So yeah, I hope you guys enjoy it, and if I'm doing anything wrong, please feel free to comment me about it. XD;

Also to explain the beginning I was LPing another game beforehand called WonderBoy which was on the Sega Master, but yeah, I stopped it because it's so freaking hard. XD; Annd I'm kinda sick so it's hard for me to talk. Hopefully the more I LP, the better I'll get at this, since I'm kinda nervous about it. ^^;

 

"Here I’ll give new life to the seasons, and let my scars become my pride.."
           「
  내가제일잘나가     paired with Signomi
     니가 제일 좋아  
Old September 11th, 2010, 06:21 AM
Yoshimi
☆「GANG-STAR」☆

Your first try is better than most first tries at LPs, but it could be better. I like it because you did an LP of a game that wasn't LPed to death(as far as I know) and you weren't boring, but your commentary could improve. I know I'm not the only one who watches LPs and mainly(if not only) cares about the commentary.

So yeah D:
Old September 11th, 2010, 12:02 PM
Klippy
if we burn

I actually liked watching that. Different game from the usual that is played and Australian accents are always nice to listen to. I watch a few LPers that commentate similar to you, so I don't think there was a problem with that. Keep it up. :)

paired to katniss
Old September 11th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Aizuke
☆  q u e  s e r a
Community Supporter

Luck; Yeaah I don't really have high expectations of myself since I'm all new to this. XD; I guess the more I do, the more I'll get use to talking and improve. :3

Klippy; glad you enjoyed it! XD; Yeah I tried to go for a game that no one else has done, well on PC. Better to watch a game you haven't seen before, and it's interesting at least, well I'd think so. XD; Although I'm trying to do a video/stage a day, so there will be more to come!

Alright! Soo I've managed to get past stage 2, and I've cut it into two videos, but yeah as I said, I'm trying to aim for a stage a day, hoping I get enough free time to record something. :P

As for the second video, feel free to skip the boss battle if you get sick of me complaining about it. XD;

edit; I just realised the sound is out of sync hahaha. I have no idea what happened there.

Pocky & Rocky Stage 2, Part 1

Pocky & Rocky Stage 2, Part 2

 

           「
     니가 제일 좋아  

Last edited by Aizuke; September 11th, 2010 at 10:56 PM.
Old September 12th, 2010, 08:36 PM
Hiidoran
used Bone Club...?
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Haha, I love your comments! XD

I'd never actually bothered to look up videos of Pocky & Rocky, but I've heard it mentioned a few times. Gotta agree with Klippy on this one, it's much more fun to watch a LP of a game you've never actually played - let alone really seen in my case. Oh, and you know your Australian accent kicks ass, Malyka. :P

Looking forward to episode four! :D
Old September 12th, 2010, 10:23 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Alright, I haven't watched the latest videos because I'm tired, and I'm still jumping around this section like a five year old and want to pop out as many quick reviews as possible.

First thing I have to get out there is that Australian accents are hot and would, in any case, increase this LP's worth by a factor of 3.73 with its mere presence. I've come to this conclusion after literally dozens of seconds of research, so you can rest assured that I'm not making this **** up.

Now onto the LP's actual content, it was fairly typical of an early video LP, though with much clearer audio than I usually expect from those, as the creators are often inexperienced with audio equipment. The actual commentary was decent, nothing groundbreaking as you seem to be playing it safe and just describing what is happening on screen. I'd like to see a little more comedy interjected into the story bits, as what has been shown so far is kind of beyond ridiculous ("A mantle? Seriously? Like from above a fireplace?").

All in all though, not bad, and I'll be sure to watch future videos, especially as you're playing a game I've never played myself nor have I ever even heard of this game before.

Sixty-two broken pine cones out of eighty.

Suit Up!
Awesome REGULAR MEMBER THAT OCCASIONALLY FREQUENTS FORUMS.

"pps new screenie" - No, really shut up yuoaman.

Haaave you read my LP?
Pokémon Quartz - The only one really worth reading.

What about my [Un]Abridged series?
Aquaman the Unabridged Parody Series - Language warning.

The Playbook: My Anime List | Raptr | BackLoggery | Twitter

83% of this signature is empty space.

-dary!
Old September 15th, 2010, 09:10 PM
Aizuke
☆  q u e  s e r a
Community Supporter

Hiidoran; Thanks Larry. XD; Yeah, there are probably millions of pokemon LP's or Mario one's. Although I might do a Mario LP later, but set myself a challenge so it's more easier.

..Ehh my accent. XD;;

Yuoaman; Haha, Australian accents are hot? Thanks. XD; Although with that fact, it's kinda something I will ponder about.

Even though I am inexperienced with LPing itself, I probaly wouldn't have done it at all if I knew my LP's would be of low quality sound and video wise. I've seen enough low quality youtube videos to put myself off from watching and I'd rather not have that kind of experience when people watch my own videos. Ah yes, commentary, I'm getting use to talking to myself, as the next couple of videos will show. :P But I hope that shows I'm improving, since I want to make my LP's interesting so that people will continue to watch them.

But thank you both for the comments!

Okay so the last couple of days I've been kinda distracted from playing. ~__~ I explain everything in the first video.

As for the second one... I'm not too proud of it. It would have been okay, but I kept quick saving/loading a lot and I think it affected the sync of my video, so my apologies and you're free to skip it if you like! If not you can just listen to my talking. XD; Also sorry for the chipmunk as well~! I was running short of time, hence all the quickload and saves so I didn't die and restart the whole process again. But that kinda screwed it up.. I also had to get rid of the cutscene at the end because of the audio out of sync. :x Sorry again. XD;; This won't ever happen again. EVER. Maly has learnt her lesson. D: Oh and the Chipmunk scene ends at 3:30 if you wanna just skip all that.

Pocky & Rocky Stage 3, Part 1

Pocky & Rocky Stage 3, Part 2

 

           「
     니가 제일 좋아  

Last edited by Aizuke; September 16th, 2010 at 12:32 AM.
Old September 16th, 2010, 05:38 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

No game with a top-down view should have enemies that rise change elevation, damned flapjack wearing skulls.

Suit Up!

Haaave you read my LP?

-dary!
Old September 18th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Aizuke
☆  q u e  s e r a
Community Supporter

Haha yeah, I had a few troubles with the Genie, since I kept missing him because he was floating in mid air, ahh well.

Now this, this stage was seriously testing my patient and my anger managment. I apologise for sounding so depressed at the end, but man. I was really frustrated at the end of it. XD; I think my warning at the beginning was right. IT'S OKAY I'M NOT A QUITTER.

Pocky & Rocky Stage 4

 

           「
     니가 제일 좋아  

Last edited by Aizuke; September 18th, 2010 at 04:32 AM.
Old September 18th, 2010, 05:13 AM
AlexAhnon
Ka ka.
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
I don't really know why, but I love it when girls commentary, it's so much better in a weird way. :D I just watched all your LPs and I can say your doing really good. You shouldn't have any problems doing your next LPs.

Fun to listen too, and as Yuoaman said, australian accents is hot.
Your LPs is epic, keep it up! I'll be waiting for more.

And on your first video "Don't jump on me, I'm not a Goomba!" That comment was plain epic. xD
Old October 3rd, 2010, 04:03 AM
Aizuke
☆  q u e  s e r a
Community Supporter

Haha, thanks for the comments.

Anywhooo, yeah I've realised I haven't posted anything for a while. I tend to get sick a lot lately, so I haven't been up to talking and playing any games. Today I did feel better and did try to do the next stage, but I realised.. I've kinda lost motivation to play this game now. The whole recording was seriously a trainwreck. XD;; The difficulty has ridiculously risen and even though I did make it to the end of the stage, the boss killed me and I was like argggh, I seriously don't want to play this game anymore. It's not as fun as it use to be. :(

But yeah, before I actually do drop the whole project, I just wanted to see if anyone disagrees with me, and thinks I should stop whining and complaining and finish the game, haha.

Or move onto bigger and brighter things, since I did have a few other games I would rather LP and would probably enjoy more.
 

           「
     니가 제일 좋아  
Old October 3rd, 2010, 06:41 AM
Kholdy
I LP, and not much else.

Location: The tiny country inbetween France and The Netherlands.
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kholdy
Frankly, if you're not enjoying the game you're LP'ing, there's no point in going on. Watching you play a game you're not having fun with isn't any fun for us either. If you have another project waiting, I say go for that instead.

Thanks to インフェルノの津波 for the sig.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 11:31 AM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

I agree, it isn't enjoyable watching someone LP a game that they themselves aren't enjoying. Move onto a game that you know you'll enjoy and the LP will be much better than if you continued playing a game that wasn't fun for you anymore.

Suit Up!

Haaave you read my LP?

-dary!
Old October 3rd, 2010, 01:39 PM
Aizuke
☆  q u e  s e r a
Community Supporter

Awesome, I was hoping others would agree with me, haha. Although I didn't want to feel like a quitter, but oh well!

Anywho, thanks for that. :P I guess I'll be starting my new project soon.
 

           「
     니가 제일 좋아  
Old October 5th, 2010, 02:48 AM
インフェルノの津波
Seriously?
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Haha, I love your comments.

And I just realized how much of your voice has an accent.
Old October 5th, 2010, 08:53 AM
Sage Harpuia
Hey, listen

I think if you don't enjoy the game, you shold move to another LP, since the quality of the commentary goes down if yuo are not having fun, like Yuoaman in quartz -wait, is he having fun?-.

A note for the next LP: I'm not english and I had a bit of difficulty to understand all, it was not for the australian accent, that's quite gorgeuse, but because the volume of the music was too high respect to your voice, so low it a bit. Good luck for the next LP!

Most annoying
signature ever done!

HEY, LISTEN

I'm an incompetent programmer in training
Just call me Sage

Old October 5th, 2010, 05:00 PM
Yuoaman
Legen- wait for it...
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sage Harpuia View Post
I think if you don't enjoy the game, you shold move to another LP, since the quality of the commentary goes down if yuo are not having fun, like Yuoaman in quartz -wait, is he having fun?-.

A note for the next LP: I'm not english and I had a bit of difficulty to understand all, it was not for the australian accent, that's quite gorgeuse, but because the volume of the music was too high respect to your voice, so low it a bit. Good luck for the next LP!
Well as much fun as one can expect to have being forced to play a game at gun-

Nothing.

And I can't wait to see what you decide to LP next.

Suit Up!

Haaave you read my LP?

-dary!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links