The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 18th, 2010, 02:57 AM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
We're finally here. Grand Festival time!
Old September 18th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

The appeals looked terrible. I was laughing half of the time because they looked so unrealistic even though that was expected. Kenny's voice is terrible. The same goes for Zoey. My favorite appeal had to be Ursala's since evolving here Eevee was pretty cool especially since one of them evolved into Flareon which is the best Pokémon ever after Pikachu. Speaking of Eevee, their voices are terrible. Glad they evolved.

So far, the Grand Festival is nothing special.

Last edited by Vernikova; September 18th, 2010 at 05:42 AM. Reason: Sentences
Old September 18th, 2010, 06:04 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Finally, the arrival of the Grand Festival. We're finally getting somewhere. The appeals weren't all too great, looking at them again since I watched this in Japanese. ): Buuut, I still enjoyed the episode regardless. I saw a lot of character development in Dawn since her first contest - still glad they showed her nerves through her hair though. That's just her.

Of all the appeals, Ursala's and Jessie's was my least favorite though. :\ It just didn't seem "interesting." The evolution idea was cool, a great way to show off Flareon and Vaporeon again, but that was about it. To be honest, all of the appeals just seemed rush this time around.

I also saw some Dawn x Zoey shipping in the episode; from the moment they met hand in hand. XD; Although, I couldn't say that since I'm not a shipper.

Oh, and Nando cannot sing. ):
Old September 18th, 2010, 11:22 AM
joacen
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

Well, we saw quite a few recurring characters return: Nando, Kenny, Zoey, and Ursula. I've never seen three Nurse Joys in the same place before. Plus, Fantina was there too, but her accent is so fake. Too bad for Kenny, though, who lost in the first round. He's one of my favorite Sinnoh characters, and I think he left too early. I'd rather see that stuck-up Ursula leave. Oh well, I guess the writers just wanted to make this episode interesting.

As for Team Rocket, only one rhyme heard, which was really good. Will Jesselina advance far in the Grand Festival? Maybe, maybe not.

Classic music cue at the end, which I enjoyed. More of those should be included in the new episodes. It adds a nostalgic touch, especially since old cues aren't really used anymore.

Overall, an okay episode. Not too much going on, except for all the appeals and Kenny's departure.

John, Paul, George, and Ringo: The Fab Four
Old September 18th, 2010, 11:52 AM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
  • Brock is pretty dumb
  • Agh, too many characteristical meet ups!
  • Kenny is much dumber...
  • Urusula is Jessiliphobic
  • Why so late at night?
  • On hos! Mraco Deteor!
  • Constipation?
  • BOOM
  • fail
  • HAHAHAHAHAH!!!!
  • Piplup, do something! Dawn's under the apocalypse!
  • Zoey to the rescue.
  • Bloody hell, you two.
  • Damn, that's a big arena
  • Usually mothers go crazier than Mexican soccer moms in World Cups...
  • Brock, get a life.
  • Agh, it's the french girl!
  • What the hell?!
  • Holy crap
  • ...Nobody could have seen that coming...
  • Stupid dex, is it F or C?
  • Wait, this bunch of static is music?
  • Oh no, meowth just didn't...
  • Wait a second, how the hell is zoez's performance possible?!
  • You know how things look bigger on TV? I think his performance would suck bad up front.
  • Woops. Keeny you FAIL!
  • Woah, that's impressive.
  • We end with a bang.
  • Agh, why were the captions different to the speech here?
  • 32? too much
  • HAHAHAHA! KENNY! KENNY! Oh, I have a morbid hate for Kenny in case you haven't noticed.
  • YES, GET OUT KENNY!

Agh, CN actually leaves the credits this time? Weirdos. This episode was a great way to start the grand festival. What's this? It's the sound of people disagreeing with me. Let me redirect you tothis.
Old September 18th, 2010, 01:38 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I liked how the narrator said Kenny was a looser, Oh man I LOL'd at thatXD The animation was really great, I do agree so many characters LOL. Kenny was all "I'm gonna win don't forget me" Blah blah blah than ouch lost in the appeal rounds. I noticed that ZoeyxDawn moment, Dawn blushed I was like WTF Why did Dawn blush? I'm not a shipper of them though so..Some few Pearlshipping scenes.

edit;

Forgot to say, I really liked Dawn's new dress, it was really pretty.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old September 18th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Fithboy
The Lego Man

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fithboy Send a message via Yahoo to Fithboy
I'd have laughed if Jessie's quick changed failed ...
Old September 19th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Samike360
Lover of May

I really loved this episode I think that across the board, the league/grand festival episodes are so much better than all the other ones.

And Meowth actually made me laugh out loud, for the first time in a very long time, by saying "re-meowth-able!" That was hilarious XD

Please warm my eggs...I'll be sure to return the favor

From now one, if you haven't contacted me yet....I will not accept hacks unless they are at least in progressing hacks. So if you want my help, get some screenshots first.
Old September 19th, 2010, 08:26 PM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
Well it's about flippin' time for the Grand Festival!

That's funny. Fantina of Hearthome is the guest judge, but her gym is closed. Once again.

I still believe that Ursula is the best rival for Dawn. She's friendly, but still has that snappy attitude! She even told Zoey that she will make sure that her and Dawn don't fight in the finals.

The double performances were okay. Dawn's Ribbon Seal was cool looking and I liked the ending effect from Cyndaquil and Buneary.

OMG the two Eevee voices were annoying, but Ursula's plan worked. Who knew you could evolve your Pokemon in a way like that, in the middle of a performance?! I initially thought, "She is so stupid for trying that!"

EPIC. FAIL. KENNY.

I didn't get the point behind Jesselina's appeal, except for a Silver Wind costume change. Yet, I'm still rooting for her to win it all the way! Remember, I'm playing Devil's Advocate here.

Nando's performance was nice. Who knew that Altaria could sing a Perish Song like that?

Zoey had a good show, too.

Looking forward to Part II of the Grand Festival!

8/10

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old September 19th, 2010, 09:47 PM
Weeaboo Name
Armed Bastard
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Wouldn't Nando's performance knocked out all of the Pokes in the stadium?

I would say this episode wasn't quite re-meowth-able but it was still pretty good.
Old September 19th, 2010, 10:10 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything

Nature: Careful
The episode was quite enjoyable, but the bit with Lenny was a bit predictable for me.
I really liked how all of the rivals joined to compete against eachother. What was weird though is that there were 2 badges that Ronando or whatever obtained that weren't recognisable...
Old September 21st, 2010, 03:11 PM
Vernikova

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curious.
What was weird though is that there were 2 badges that Ronando or whatever obtained that weren't recognisable...
Same thing happened with Gary at the end of Kanto. It's probably better to show that there is more than the standard eight Pokémon Gyms from the games though so they could help cover more plot holes.
Old September 24th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Vernikova

Double post because I'm a Drama Queen.

Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, September 18, 2010 Cable Networks only (Live + SD Data):
Source: Disney Research from Nielsen Media Research Data
CARTOON NETWORK 1.5/8 Avg. (7a-1p)
Pokemon: DP Sinnoh League 1.1/12; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.2/9; Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 1.4/8; Sym-Bionic Titan 1.8/9; Generator Rex 2.1/10; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.8/8; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 1.1/5; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 1.7/8; Atlantis 1.8/8; Garfield Show 1.3/6; Garfield Show 1.3/7
Old October 26th, 2010, 10:56 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

I really liked Ursula's appeal, really unique. However, I think the Sinnoh contest compared to Hoenn are just so..meh. Completely lacked the drama that May, Drew and Harley created.

- Nando's voice is echoey o.O
- Hehehe, at least Dawn kept that quirky mirror thing from the start of DP
- DD-Dear", no, don't add shipping to Kenny
- Kenny's voice sounds different
- Something's really up with Kenny's voice
- Heh, at least Draco Meeor hit Kenny
- KYAAAA Zoey brushing Dawn's hair
- Why didn't they keep Eevee's Japanese voice? -_-
- Oh yeah, I remember thinking evolving them both was really unique
- LOL PUSA played the Pokedex theme with another theme at the same itime XD
- ...Too bad PUSA cover Nando's performace with music

Music kept: (9)