• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Garnet Version~

What type of menù/ alternate screen would fit Garnet better?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
WOW :| I am in love with those tiles, that mapping, the OWs, the game in general. This is by far the most visually appealing game ever. Seriously...my eyes just had an orgasm :D I just want to eat the game up, because it is better than candy (or bacon =]).

Ok, now in all seriousness. I admire your work. I've never seen such mapping and tiling perfection - this is pure perfection. Every single detail in this (and there are many) is just great. I never knew a 16x16 tile could look so attractive. Great Great job!!! I love =}

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Usually, you only give us one or two screens at a time, but this time there are so many. Amazingness over load. Those screens are all great, as usual. The use of fogs and cartonny, yet realistic graphics seem impossible. It's unbeleivable that this could have been done in R/S. Still the best game on PC.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Well, about Zero Kevin I think that's a really unusual name. What about Nero Kelvin. Nero looks like Zero, is italian for Black, was the name of a roman emperor, and Kevin don't looks like a last name. Kelvin seens more appropriate (Well, Nero Kelvin doesn't seems appropriate to hia personality, but at least can be a true name). Well, about the new gym leaders in general, I think that some of them are not so cool as others, but they still better than the Gym Leaders from the official games, and I've liked Faust and Blair more than the others, specially Faust. Liked the etymology of these both, but specially liked their appearances, specially Faust's one. I have used too many "specially".

DUDE. Z.K is the coolest gym leader ever. End of Discussion.
----------------------------------
Also, mercurysky, that was smart of you to feed us so many updates, tbh for a long while I thought "Garnet would get a TON of followers if it was updated more often" and voila, he gives us 2 large updates in a row and the praise comes flying in. Keep up the good work!

Years
Absolutely amazing tiles, make a graphic lovers to get some orgasms. I think those tiles you are using is superior to all the main Pokémon series (well we have yet to see Black and White in full glory!). So your work is pretty impressive.

When you have fully developed this thing make a copy of it for CD or something and send it to Game Freak's HQ so they could drop their jaws xD

Years
  • Seen Aug 21, 2011
Amazing screens man, you did great justice to my tiles in there, I like how your game is going so keep up the good work xD

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
love the new screenshots. But i think their is 1 detail that might need some editing.
at the fences the first 2 screens: at a cornor the woden plate seems to go further then it should be, like you did at the bottom of screen 3 ( actually the detail happened in this screen to).

For the last 2 screen i don't know if the white chandeliers move along the wind. If so i think it might be a good idea to inprint this into the music.

In total it is a great update like always. Good luck with future gaming devolpment

Gmack

I'm back!
Years
Just, WOW!
I am amazed what you can do with RMXP.
I mean, with games like Pokemon Blue chrome and this,
the pokemon fan-game generations will stay alive.
But I totally encourage the continuing of this game's progress.

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Excellent work, mercury sky. <3
My favorite screenshot is the beach scene.
You've done an excellent job with the transparent water.

sab

Now too much of a life.
Years
Sweet updates! Belive it or not man, I'm generally a rom hack only man, but this game started pulling me into game dev. Brilliant game.

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2011
Another one of the great titles to be made.
I don't know how many great games have ever been finished, but I hope this doesn't go that direction.
Just need to see a video to make my final judgment.

Btw, how's your guys' spelling/grammar/literature?
Assuming some of you aren't American.
It's a pet-peeve, the smallest grammar/spelling mistake in a game, at any point.

Its what ruins the experience for me most of the time, as small as it may seem, it takes away the authenticity of a great game that breaks the barrier of being a 'real title' through the whole legit experience, back to just being a fangame with some mistakes.

Heck if you have worries I'll even spell check everything.
:laugh:

heartofdestany

aspiring mapper
Years
This is looking lovely, can't wait but, I gues I have to. I'm interested in how you and your team did your visual scripting it just blows my mind. Ever thought of posting a "There and back again." about it like, after it's done.

Years
Very nice quality game. :) I especially like the heroes, gym leaders and starters. Keep up the good work. Your support bar is going in my signature ;D

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
Another one of the great titles to be made.
I don't know how many great games have ever been finished, but I hope this doesn't go that direction.
Just need to see a video to make my final judgment.

Btw, how's your guys' spelling/grammar/literature?
Assuming some of you aren't American.
It's a pet-peeve, the smallest grammar/spelling mistake in a game, at any point.

Its what ruins the experience for me most of the time, as small as it may seem, it takes away the authenticity of a great game that breaks the barrier of being a 'real title' through the whole legit experience, back to just being a fangame with some mistakes.

Heck if you have worries I'll even spell check everything.
:laugh:

Pokemon Raptor is the only fangame that's finished and that's what beta testers are for. (Trust me I grammar fiended Uranium)

Years
  • Seen Sep 3, 2011
Pokemon Raptor is the only fangame that's finished and that's what beta testers are for. (Trust me I grammar fiended Uranium)

Yeh, I skimmed through the first stages of Raptor and noticed grammatical mistakes, hence my dismay.

But I have hope.. I guess.

Nakuzami

[img]https://i.imgur.com/iwlpePA.png[/img]
Years
This looks sweet!
So you're not done with it yet? Dang, i wanna play[:
This game just looks so awesome! I need you (and people who helped you) to teach me how to do this! (im a VERY inexperianced hacker. And you did this with a DS ROM? I only know how to edit GBA ROMs...)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back