• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

Pokémon: Forever Lost

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
2pslq55.jpg

2e1vejn.jpg
6iraqs.jpg

Game Name :
Pokémon Forever Lost
Made With : RMXP
Author : Abnegation

of6gsp.jpg

Meet the Heroes!
fz3wbp.jpg
34xncwx.png

Morriconé - Emma

Meet Their Choices!
f6snn.jpg
2cehpj7.jpg
2qnw3go.png

Custom sprites by the fabulous Logiedan
Prologue:

Everyone has a story, one in which leads the way they live, the way they love, the way they put their heart on the line at different moments and the way in which they will die. Some people live to one day find what it is that they have been looking for. Some never find it. In this world, one which is forever changing, becoming darker, more distant, we are starting to rely on no one but ourselves. We struggle to fight through to get to where we need to be, we struggle even to breath at any moment of despair. People are disappearing, pokemon trainers are putting their soul on the line to become strong. The pokemon league is not what it used to be, the gyms are losing worthy challengers. Those who take on the league are disappearing and losing all faith in themselves. Evil men and women are destroying lives so that they may reach "the top". So what happens when you lose all that you fight for? What happens when something you would die for is no longer in your reach? Well, you become, Forever Lost.

The War of Hawthorne
The part of the storyline which our hero will eventually fall into
A war estimated to be over 500 years old, had inflicted itself upon the region of Hawthorne. Upon the discovery of the all powerful Pokémon; Arceus -a mere myth until this point-, the Sinnoh region suddenly came under a great deal of controversy. Reason being is that jealousy spread across other regions ultimately, as they were disheartened by the fact that the God Pokémon had not graced their land. There was a young boy from Celestic Town in which discovered an instrument in the ruins, before the cave paintings of the three legendary Pokémon; Azelf, Mesprit and Uxie. In ancient folklore, the flute was said to be an "answer to many questions." He kept his findings a secret however, knowing that a boy of his age would not be allowed keep such a valuable artifact to himself. As written in his diary which held recollections of his childhood -it was apparent by the language that this was a revisited entry, thus written at an older age-, "The elders, they have searched for something so key to their beliefs... I know that I would not be able to maintain this item but all they ever do is bicker! I feel such a connection with the flute... I think it is my calling to find out what it is for. I knew from the moment I saw it, that it was fate." And so the boy took it upon himself to find out the mystery of this item. In extremity, the boy would visit the newly opened Canalave Library, in which held many myths, both true and untrue, though the biggest challenge to the scholars and philosophers of the time was being able to assume which was which.

Many years later, the boy grew to become a man, the man matured into an elder. No one knows for sure when this epiphany occurred, but in the Elder's later years, the mystery had been solved. The flute was said to be that of Azure; the flute of God. And so, the elder followed myths that corresponded to his situation, the most likely place that Arceus would appear. He traveled to the peak of Mt. Coronet, that which divides Sinnoh in two. He played the flute and "a staircase descended from the ongoing sky above", opening a plateau on top, simply known as "The Hall of Origin". The more the elder shared his story (now being one of the respected scholars he had hid this from many years ago), the more it had been passed on, and so word spread quickly. The emperor of the Sinnoh, who held himself in what is now Snowpoint Temple, heard of this news and demanded that he and his most trusted men be taken to the Hall with the elder and the Azure Flute. That same staircase descended, and that same plateau appeared, but Arceus, was not as courteous upon its accession, in fact, the God seemed enraged. The emperor and his minions were shunned, and the Elder was never seen again. The condition of the flute and its whereabouts were not revealed to the public -non-intentional however- until some years later. The emperor ordered for the flute to be removed, to be sent to the region of Hawthorne, a place abashed by the larger, more powerful regions and which had been strongly ignored, an opportune place to dump what seemed to be quite a powerful responsibility, the reasons for this however, are unclear, however, the entire story of what had happened on the return to Mt. Coronet was never released, and is said to be the sole reason for the actions of sovereign leader. Not even those who retold their story of defending the ruler could not recollect what had happened in entirety, or so they say. And so, the Azure Flute was plummeted into the deepest lake in Hawthorne and has been irretrievable since.

This, is what led to conflict in the region of Hawthorne. The region did not need much of an excuse to be pushed over the edge however. The area had been extremely pressed upon in a diminishing light for many years. The various districts of Hawthorne; the Serene Lake district, the Peaks district, the Wilderness district, the Autumn district and the Sea district; felt too controlled by the King of Hawthorne, they felt that his power was over-rated and his army had been administrating their districts for too long. Tension had been growing thicker and thicker over years of hardship plummeted upon the people of Hawthorne. The King and his followers lived in a very secluded part of Hawthorne. A place once riveting with exquisite nature, beautiful gardens, a beautiful castle, surrounded by lush tress on top of a slowly climbing peak. However, with the onslaught of the rebellion, this wasn't going to be the case for much longer.

Each district took upon their own army and formations, not affiliating with one another, but all maintaining the same goal of overthrowing the King of Hawthorne. And so, a war was justified and the districts marched forward and battled upon a long strip of land between Aputuray town and the King's realm. This was a battled of thousands of extremely powerful Pokémon and their trainers which eventually led to total destruction of that which was once a beautiful dominion. The King was overthrown and he nor any of his officials survived the attacks. The districts no longer mantained much organization and Hawthorne split and became a much more divided yet free region. No longer were there districts in the political sense, but towns and cities grew. The strip of land where the battle took place is now commemorated by a building which hosts the Pokémon League of Hawthorne whereas, the King's realm lays ultimately untouched.

The Flute of Azure was forgotten about, despite many efforts to be retrieved, it was never found and has been seldom spoken about since. The region of Hawthorne was never cursed with conflict ever again, until now... History is attempting to repeat itself.

Storyline:

Hawthorne, a region far more diverse than most, streams, mountains and forests surround each town and city. Every place of dwelling in Hawthorne has it's own story to tell, it's own character if you will. Our story begins with a young boy/girl from the region of Hoenn who moved to Hawthorne at a young age with both their mother and father.The family experienced some hardship not to long after our hero's 15th birthday. The father of the family went missing without trace. He was always a loyal man to the
family, he was the foundation and always strived for success. He was a bit influence on our hero and they had always looked up to him and his talent in Pokemon battling.The hero's mother was devastated and wishes every day for her husband to return, though she has no idea as to where he could be.

Upon the hero's 16th birthday, Prof. Signomi calls looking for them, explaining that it's their turn to follow in their father's footsteps, by finding a purpose in which to undertake a journey throughout the region of Hawthorne. The hero's mother had anticipated the leave and outlined that this could be a chance to look for the missing father.
However, every journey needs a path, the path our hero is going to take is that of hoping to take on the Hawthorne Pokemon League. Defeating the E4 and the champion hails a trainer with respect beyond imaginable in the eyes of the region and was a dream passed on by our hero's father. There is a condition however, there are 8 leaders scattered across the region, each holding a badge in which you must obtain in order to gain access to the league. Each leader holds a specific type of pokemon also. Hawthorne is a particular region, the further you are to delve, the more powerful pokemon and trainers become. The region is becoming increasingly more dangerous, the crime rate has grown more intense, not to mention that the
very statement links to the rumours of an apparent group of trainers with less than good intentions whom "will do anything for success".

Prof. Signomi meets your arrival with both news and a proposition. She had always been close with the hero's father as they both held high interest in both pokemon philosophy and their nature. They shared many common interests and would regard each other as their closest friend. Prof. Signomi explains that the hero's father had always wanted to travel again and before he went missing, he seemed to be so much more distant yet speaking of how he missed being a kid again and traveling. He hadn't seen a great deal of Hawthorn. She suspected that he had planned on going on an excursion but that something must have happened along the way. He was never a man to leave what he loved behind, especially without reason. She continued to raise her proposition, that she do their mother's bidding a and search for their father, to undertake the Hawthorne League Challenge but to also help her in her research by taking a pokedex and recording any information on the creatures found along the way. She also gives our hero the choice of 3 pokemon to choose from in which to take on their journey. Deep down the hero knows that finding their father was first priority but could not be done without direction, after all, our hero is young and still has
a lot to learn. However, our protagonist's worst nightmare would be for their father to become Forever Lost.

The Phoenix Rising
Myth #1
144.png
145.png
146.png

One of the youngest myths in the region of Hawthorne is that of "The Phoenix Rising". Believed to have arose about forty-seven years ago, the legend follows three legendary birds and one phoenix. During a time of great poverty in Hawthorne, not too long after the war, a Phoenix was said to have flown across the farmlands of Hawthorne. It had rainbow wings which were trailed by a sparkling golden dust. The dust is said to have landed upon the farmlands and surrounding areas, this led to a sudden growth in plants, crops, grass and brought new life and happiness to the region. It brought the people of Hawthorne closer together and where there was once a tension, old ice had now broken and peace had settled across the land, Hawthorne was then saturated with positivity.

However, until recently, the whereabouts of the bird had not been queried. The myth was revisited upon sightings of large birds which had never before been seen in the region. People mistook the birds to be that of the Phonenix. This was later proven to be false, the number of new birds amounted to three; and the names the bore were: Articuno - the legendary bird of Ice, Zapdos - the legendary bird of Electricity and Moltres - the legendary bird of Fire. It is now believed that in order to reach the Phoenix, you must encounter the three legendary birds as they are seen as the protectors, three tests, three keys, to protect the Phoenix from unworthy trainers. Defeat the three birds, and you will retrieve access to the Phoenix, you shall cause; The Phoenix Rising.

2nr22w7.jpg

24n44dz.jpg
New region.

2vrwpyw.jpg
New, different Storyline.

24n44dz.jpg
Picturesque scenes

2vrwpyw.jpg
Custom art.

24n44dz.jpg
Choice determines game-play.

2vrwpyw.jpg
Natural mapping.

24n44dz.jpg
Extended town descriptions, legends, documents and more!

2vrwpyw.jpg
Plenty of mysteries for you to discover.

24n44dz.jpg
A traditional Pokémon styled game, with a little twist.

2vrwpyw.jpg
Lots of characters.

24n44dz.jpg
Plently of event pokemon and side quests.

2vrwpyw.jpg
And more!

Town Descriptions

1st Town - Nocturne Town:
The history of this town does not date back as far as the others. It is possibly the most recently erected area in the region. It lies on the edge of a small valley and is home to a very clear water pond and a handful of dwellings. The town is very poise, it is so quiet and so clean. It is also the home to the hero of the game as well as possibly Hawthorne's most renound professor. Prof. Signomi chose somewhere quiet for her research since she was no longer young enough to do a great deal of field work other than the occasional trip across the region. Hawthorne is a tough
and rigorous region in many areas, Nocturne town is simply the very melody of tranquility. It is also home to a friend of our protagonist, Nick, who had always had the ambition to go on an adventure. As someone who always likes to do as our hero does, they take a head start on the journey of the region. Though their methods and intentions are clear, Nick is a fierce character and no matter what their choice is or where they go, they're going to be a crisp competitor.

3rd Town - Maquerade Town:
As the player starts their journey from Nocturne town, it's time to head into this town, where lush green populates the surrounding area. The reason for the town looking so beautiful is their pride in their bug-type Pokemon. It is really no surprise, seeing many of the local bug-types flocking and fluttering around the city; and it seems that the residents don't mind them at all. These friendships and partnerships with the bug-types and the people in this city dates back to years ago. The town elder has kept a journal of the boy that has brought the city to where and what it is today, and it says this:
"I'm tired of my parents. I'm tired of everything they've done to me. They're so strict whenever I come home from trainers' school. They say I will never be mature enough to handle my own Pokemon. I'm tired of having them boss me around, so I'm just going to leave and be on my own. And when I capture my own Pokemon, I'll show my parents that I'm really mature enough to handle my own…I will..I know I will!"
The journal closes. Then it begins on the next day…
"I'm in the forest….I'm so scared…but I can't. I have to be brave. For the sake of everyone around me. People at the trainers' school say that I'm too chicken and irresponsible to ever have a Pokemon of my own. Well I'll show them…I'll show them all!"
The journal continues on when the boy, named Jake, encounters a Mothim. The journal then proceeds to read:
Oh….here's a cute Pokemon. The teacher said that it's called a Mothim. I wonder if I can make friends with it…"
There were a lot of issues that came across befriending the lone mothim. The boy once tried to approach Mothim, but the Pokemon got startled and flew away. Attempting to befriend the Pokemon once more, Jake approaches it and tries to speak with it. Again, Mothim got startled, and then tried to use Psychic. Jake got startled and started crying.
"..I…I didn't want to scare you Mothim! Please stop! I just wanna be friends…"
The Mothim stopped attacking once it noticed Jake's tears. Then, Jake cautiously approached it and gently hugged the Pokemon, telling it that it will always be friends with it and that it will always be there for it. Ever since then, Jake has stuck with his very first Pokemon ever since.
Now you must be thinking, how does this tie into the town's development?
Jake wanted to make a safe haven for all bug-type Pokemon; he wanted to make an area where bug-type were the least disturbed, where they can be independent, and fly and frolic around all they would like. Then, with his mothim by his side, Jake cleared all of the trees out of the area (which helped, because the trees were actually creating quite tight spaces in the area) and then he told mothim to invite all of the bug Pokemon to play in this huge playground. Habitat didn't really mean much to the bug Pokemon as long as they had their freedom, so all of Mothim's friends came and played. And then, Jake got all of his friends and played, too. And then his friends brought their friends. Eventually, they all started to play with the bug-types, which in turn grew less and less shy and really outgoing with the children.
Years later, the children wanted to create a home. When they graduated from trainers' school, they decided to catch their own Pokemon, and they decided to make their living right in the middle of the forest. The children started to build homes for themselves, and the bug-types didn't really mind, because they can also live in these new homes.
And that...is how this town came to be. Many, many years later, this town has still frolicked with the bug-type and vice versa, and they still get along really well.

Gym Leaders

The Gym leader factor

Gym leaders will no longer be fought in gyms. Each leader will be in a place corresponding to their type. You will no longer just be able to enter a gym and face the leader, you must go to their domain in which may lie near to the town, or very far away, just listen to the hints from the locals and think about the type of pokemon the leader wields and link that to certain places in the game.

Gym Leader: Vivvian
Gym Order: 1st
Badge: Skorupi Badge
Gym Type: Poison

ehjdkz.jpg
Gym Leader Art

Character Bio: Vivvian is a very happy person. She's rarely seen angry, but, those who have witnessed her anger take extreme caution when approaching her. She is easily offended by some things, but, she loves to play around and will occasionally stalk those who defeat her.Vivvian originates from the Alezon region. After the rampage of the legendary Pokémon ceased its rampage, she came to find that both her parents were killed. Fearing the option of going to a foster home, she fled the region and took a plane to the *insert region name here* region. She took her beloved Pokémon with her, being listed above. She kept her mother's Drapion and her father's Arbok. During her training to become recognized, she bred her mother's Drapion and obtained a shiny Skorupi, which she nicknamed it Kupi; he never battles and never goes in a Pokéball.​

Gym Leader: Holly
Gym order: 2nd
Badge: Masquerain Badge
Gym Type: Bug
qzkscj.png
xclncg.png
picture.php

Character Bio: Holly is a bug-type lover, and an adamant fan of how the hero met his very first Pokemon…it was through personality, through perseverance, through persistence…he didn't have any fright in him at all and wanted to do what he can to prove others wrong. Holly is just as rock-solid, and yet, still have the squishy bug heart that the hero always had. In short, Holly has a lot of passion, and when it comes to her Gym challenges, she won't go easy on her challengers, and will give it her all for the sake of the town's history. She takes her challenges quite seriously.
Even though Holly takes her challenges seriously, if a passionate trainer would defeat her with the same heart as the hero's….maybe she'll open up more. She's also known for not really being social very often, but that's because she's awaiting a challenge from someone who reminds her of the child of legend…

Gym Leader: Trevor
Gym Order: 3rd
Badge: Leafeon Badge
Gym Type: Grass
TrevorEdited.png

Character Bio: Trevor is friendly and humble towards trainers. Kinda shy and serious. Always open up to challenges. He tend to choose Grass type Pokémon that can learn fighting type moves (Except Leafeon). Can be emotional sometimes when something reminds him of his mother. Rather skeptical to suspicious-looking people.Trevor was born and raised in Frando region. His father was a Fighting Pokémon expert and also a gym leader. Trevor was trained hard by his father to be just like him, so that Trevor could replace his father in the future. While on the other hand, Trevor showed his interests on Grass Pokémon since he used to help his mother (which was a grass type enthusiast) gardening and taking care of her Pokémon. One night in the middle of his deep sleep after a tiring training, he was woken up by a horrible scream. It was a woman scream. Fearing of something bad happened to his mother, he ran as fast as he could, and accidentally bumped into a black-dressed shady figure. The shady figure quickly fled, leaving Trevor confused between chasing the figure or go to his parents' room, since the figure was coming from that way. He chose to go to his parents' room, and terrified by what he found. His mother was found dying and his father stabbed. He called for help and managed to get his father's life saved, but her mother was helpless. After that moment, he then told his father what he really wanted; become a great Grass Gym Leader. His father agreed to his wish. He then took his mother's Leafeon (which is his now), took a flight to Hawthorne and fulfilled his dream to become a Gym Leader at age 23.

Gym Leader: Gastone
Gym Order: 4th
Badge: Noctowl Badge
Gym Type: Flying
2gu07s62.png
gastonecopy.png

Character Bio: Serious in nature he loves to talk and train his flying partners! Originally from the Amux region Gastone fell in love with flying type pokemon when he found himself cornered by a group of Mightyena. All of a sudden a lonely Pidgeotto appeared and repelled the predators with its mighty attacks. After that moment Gastone dedicated himslef in training his flying type pokemon to remember that single and unforgettable day. He hosts his gym in a gigantic Aviary, a paradise for winged pokemon.

Gym Leader: Dracea
Gym Order: 5th
Badge: Dragonair Badge
Gym Type: Dragon

dragon_trainer_again_by_hourglasshero-d2wq48f.png

Character Bio: Dracea lives in an extremely tough city on top of one of the largest peaks in Hawthorne. Little is known about her personality, other than the fact that many a competitor have climbed back down, from that peak, with solemn upon their face after taking her on.

Gym Leader: Chelsea
Gym Order: 8th
Badge: Whatever-Water-Pokemon Badge
Gym Type: Water

picture.php

Character Bio: Chelsea is a calm and collected gym leader recently returned from a long voyage overseas. She loves a good challenge and has traveled the world in search of the best, most exciting experiences. From the helm of her boat, Star of the Sea, she has sailed through sun and storm alike across faraway seas toward distant lands. No one is sure where Chelsea comes from. When asked about her past she beams a knowing smile as her answer. She arrived in the Hawthorne region years ago and slowly moved up the ranks among the region's Pokemon trainers, dazzling her opponents with the power of her Pokemon and the serene composure with which she commands them. As a veteran ocean traveler she naturally focuses on training Water-type Pokemon who are so valuable in her travels. While in Hawthorne she is the leader of the region's volunteer search and rescue unit and whether there is disaster looming on the horizon or simply a lost traveler in need of assistance she is ready not only to send planes and boats of rescue teams to affected areas, but to lead them personally.

Suite as Evil

Descendants and followers of the last King of Hawthorne, they are rumored to be attempting to once again; take control of the region. A cult in which has been in operation for an estimated 30 years, which has grown densely in such a short period of time. They have been already been doing all they can to dishearten and bring solemn upon the dwellers of Hawthorne. They keep to themselves quite strictly, though many rumours have been leaked, seeming to be closer to truths than the people of Hawthorne would like to believe. Growing in power, training and capturing paramount Pokémon... Will you be able to find out their plans and stop them before they manage to cause havoc in Hawthorne? Do you think that history repeating is inevitable and that war will reoccur? You must be careful though, taking on the Pokémon league challenge in hope to find your father, could very well be derailed by the efforts of "Suite as Evil".

The evil team of Forever Lost, led by a man simply known as "King". They are malicious and cunning, they all have the same objective, but all we know is, the war of Hawthorne is their main focus, they continually obsess over it, even if it was over 500 years ago. The team are a strict hierarchy and each member is put into a group as follows:
King: The leader, it is assumed that he is a direct descendant of the last King of Hawthorne.
Jacks & Queens: The next in line, dressed in suits and dresses these members are the admins, just below King.
Spades: Male grunts wearing red apparel simply only bearing one symbol; a black spade across the chest. ♥Hearts: Female grunts wearing black apparel simply only bearing one symbol; a red heart across the chest.
Joker of & Ace of : Little is known about these two, though be sure that you'll meet them along the way.

Introducing Professor of Philosophy: Signomi

24oq96q.png
2dkkdcg.png

Professor Signomi is a rather cheery professor, a very wise young woman who has always been ahead of her years. She rarely sets a foot wrong and has always been admired for her knowledge on Pokémon philosophy and indeed, how the nature of Pokémon works. She plays a major part in the hero's life and is currently aiming to research all she can on the war of Hawthorne and indeed, on the legends passed on through generations. She is also keen on learning more about Pokémon by having our hero attempt to contribute by filling a Pokédex for her. She also likes to battle, but very seldom has she ever been seen doing so. She once used to battle with the father of the hero on a regular basis, but ever since his disappearance, she's been reluctant to do so again.
9glhlg.jpg

dmd4wm.png
317jtic.png
3167lm0.png
2dihnww.png
v42i6a.png
20r1tw6.png
20ue650.png
5oy0dw.png
etxtau.png
2e6g754.png
10.png
9.png
8.png
7.png
6.png
5.png
4.png
2.png
3.png
1.png
11.png
12.png
NocturneTown2.png
NocturneTown.png
LaxstreamTown1.png
LaxstreamTown3.png
LaxstreamTown4.png
LaxstreamTown2.png
WoodlandPassage1.png
WoodlandPassage2.png
WoodlandPassage3.png
WoodlandPassage4.png

AbnegationPass12.png
AbnegationPass9.png
AbnegationPass10.png
AbnegationPass11.png
AbnegationPass8.png
AbnegationPass7.png
AbnegationPass6.png
AbnegationPass5.png
AbnegationPass2.png
Abnegationpass1.png
AbnegationPass4.png
AbnegationPass3.png
Mewtwoeventscreen.png
7.png
2.png

15s1pmr.jpgg
1z15kps.jpg

24n44dz.jpg
Abnegation: Mapper, scripter, eventer, writer etc. - Owner

2vrwpyw.jpg
>Dante<: Mapper

24n44dz.jpg
Cilerba: Eventer, mapper

2vrwpyw.jpg
The Dewitty: Occasional spriter

24n44dz.jpg
Dr.Octogonapus: Artist

2vrwpyw.jpg
Prince Legendario: Spriter and mapper

24n44dz.jpg
Logiedan:Spriter

2vrwpyw.jpg
Hourglasshero: Artist

24n44dz.jpg
Interested in becoming a team member? I accept applications from anyone in any field of work at any level, you're welcome to apply for a position regardless of what you're best at. Simply VM or PM myself with what you want to do and some proof of work and I will let you know if you can join the team :]
25j89ix.jpg
- The Dewitty
- .ben
- Kyledove
- Signomi
- Hourglass Hero
- Zepher+
- Lornami
- Mecurysky
- Prince Legendario
- Twilight Sky
- Alistar
ForeverLostS.png
Last updated: 25/9/2010

Thread best viewed on Firefox & good resolution screens. All work is copyright.

wtug09.jpg
2u5qr0i.jpg

Last edited:
Years
Great CSS Gavin, I also love that Gym Leader Factor, it's going to be hard to get use to but it's a great feature imo.

your starter sprites a delicious btw

Last edited:

aSeRo141414

zZJoennZz inside
Years
I like this game! I like the graphics, because your a grphics artist and the sroey is good and the pokemon and trainer sprites is awesome... nice thread CSS :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
Thanks for the comments guys, I just want to dive in and note a few things:

• The Storyline in the thread shall be updated and made more clear in coming days
  • Plenty of new screenshots to come
  • I will be reducing the size of text boxes
  • Full list of credits to come
For now, enjoy what you see, but there's so much more to come as soon as I get it all ready! Feel free to support the game by linking to it in your signature or using banners within the thread.

Hourglasshero

General Concepts' Designer
Years
awesome job gav! :D
can't wait for more screenies! i love the starters and the story line! ur descriptions are so complete, there is nothing to add or substruct....

Keep it up!

Cilerba

the hearts of lonely people
Years
Everything's looking wonderful, Gav.
I can't wait to see the new storyline, screens, etc.

Planetes.

@n_diiv
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
sexy game there, abnegation.
I love the way you spout off the tagline "Forever Lost".
The story is almost too brilliant for words. (I would ask to help but I have a ton of stuff to do >.<)
Anyhow, a side not but is that Dragon Tamer's Signature Pokemon an altaria?

Years
  • Seen Jun 11, 2012
This looks really organised and well done! Looking forward to more!

incognito322

let's look towards the future!
Years
Oh wow, this looks really nice. I like it a lot! =3 Can't wait for a demo.
I love how you give everything a back story. Nice touch.
Good luck with this, I hope this game gets really far!

Years
Are you going to fix the fact that two of the three starter pokemon only have one evolution form while the other one has two?

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
ForeverLostS.png

Oh, God.

That professor makes my pants tight. I love this. <3
Gavin, you've done a wonderful job!

The fantastic Signomi, she's a big part of this game, both the character and the fantastic friend behind her who created our professor, and so, she has earned herself an important role in the game!

Thank you Viv <3

Great CSS Gavin, I also love that Gym Leader Factor, it's going to be hard to get use to but it's a great feature imo.

your starter sprites a delicious btw

Oh you. Thanks, it will be I'm sure, but I will do all I can to give clear indications, some will be easy to find, others will need some researching!

I like this game! I like the graphics, because your a grphics artist and the sroey is good and the pokemon and trainer sprites is awesome... nice thread CSS :)

Haha, well being a graphic artist only helps so much, having the reight ideas and team around me helps a great deal! Thanks.

awesome job gav! :D
can't wait for more screenies! i love the starters and the story line! ur descriptions are so complete, there is nothing to add or substruct....

Keep it up!

Ah, there's always more to add my good friend. As you know yourself. But thank you, I will be adding you to the team now by the way. :]

Awesome job can't wait for the next updates love the graphics

good job

Thank you, I hope everything else lives up to expectations also though :]

Everything's looking wonderful, Gav.
I can't wait to see the new storyline, screens, etc.

Well with you on the team things are much more wonderful. But yes, you'll enjoy the new update I hope.

sexy game there, abnegation.
I love the way you spout off the tagline "Forever Lost".
The story is almost too brilliant for words. (I would ask to help but I have a ton of stuff to do >.<)
Anyhow, a side not but is that Dragon Tamer's Signature Pokemon an altaria?

Thank you very much! Ah, I will announce the teams soon, so you'll need to wait I think. :]

Ohh, I'm looking forward to those new screens. Show in-battle screens!

Workin' on those buddy.

This looks really organised and well done! Looking forward to more!

Thanking you~

Oh wow, this looks really nice. I like it a lot! =3 Can't wait for a demo.
I love how you give everything a back story. Nice touch.
Good luck with this, I hope this game gets really far!

Progress will be slow, but we'll get there! Thank you.

Are you going to fix the fact that two of the three starter pokemon only have one evolution form while the other one has two?

Yes, I have something in preparation. You'll see once we're done. But I was wondering when this would be commented on! But you can be sure that we have something up our sleeves.

Really awesome job, abnegation. I'm really liking The Gym Leader Factor.
Great job, keep up the great work :D

Great! I was hoping people would like that. Thank you <3

Updates

Alright guys, this may be a bummer to some of you, but I'm afraid there's no screens for you at the moment. Just a wall of text as I needed to add to the storyline which I've been very mean about not releasing. So I typed this up today. Along with a little edit on "Suite as Evil". I'm also going to announce the contest winner from my blog competition.

The War of Hawthorne
The part of the storyline which our hero will eventually fall into
A war estimated to be over 500 years old, had inflicted itself upon the region of Hawthorne. Upon the discovery of the all powerful Pokémon; Arceus -a mere myth until this point-, the Sinnoh region suddenly came under a great deal of controversy. Reason being is that jealousy spread across other regions ultimately, as they were disheartened by the fact that the God Pokémon had not graced their land. There was a young boy from Celestic Town in which discovered an instrument in the ruins, before the cave paintings of the three legendary Pokémon; Azelf, Mesprit and Uxie. In ancient folklore, the flute was said to be an "answer to many questions." He kept his findings a secret however, knowing that a boy of his age would not be allowed keep such a valuable artifact to himself. As written in his diary which held recollections of his childhood -it was apparent by the language that this was a revisited entry, thus written at an older age-, "The elders, they have searched for something so key to their beliefs... I know that I would not be able to maintain this item but all they ever do is bicker! I feel such a connection with the flute... I think it is my calling to find out what it is for. I knew from the moment I saw it, that it was fate." And so the boy took it upon himself to find out the mystery of this item. In extremity, the boy would visit the newly opened Canalave Library, in which held many myths, both true and untrue, though the biggest challenge to the scholars and philosophers of the time was being able to assume which was which.

Many years later, the boy grew to become a man, the man matured into an elder. No one knows for sure when this epiphany occurred, but in the Elder's later years, the mystery had been solved. The flute was said to be that of Azure; the flute of God. And so, the elder followed myths that corresponded to his situation, the most likely place that Arceus would appear. He traveled to the peak of Mt. Coronet, that which divides Sinnoh in two. He played the flute and "a staircase descended from the ongoing sky above", opening a plateau on top, simply known as "The Hall of Origin". The more the elder shared his story (now being one of the respected scholars he had hid this from many years ago), the more it had been passed on, and so word spread quickly. The emperor of the Sinnoh, who held himself in what is now Snowpoint Temple, heard of this news and demanded that he and his most trusted men be taken to the Hall with the elder and the Azure Flute. That same staircase descended, and that same plateau appeared, but Arceus, was not as courteous upon its accession, in fact, the God seemed enraged. The emperor and his minions were shunned, and the Elder was never seen again. The condition of the flute and its whereabouts were not revealed to the public -non-intentional however- until some years later. The emperor ordered for the flute to be removed, to be sent to the region of Hawthorne, a place abashed by the larger, more powerful regions and which had been strongly ignored, an opportune place to dump what seemed to be quite a powerful responsibility, the reasons for this however, are unclear, however, the entire story of what had happened on the return to Mt. Coronet was never released, and is said to be the sole reason for the actions of sovereign leader. Not even those who retold their story of defending the ruler could not recollect what had happened in entirety, or so they say. And so, the Azure Flute was plummeted into the deepest lake in Hawthorne and has been irretrievable since.

This, is what led to conflict in the region of Hawthorne. The region did not need much of an excuse to be pushed over the edge however. The area had been extremely pressed upon in a diminishing light for many years. The various districts of Hawthorne; the Serene Lake district, the Peaks district, the Wilderness district, the Autumn district and the Sea district; felt too controlled by the King of Hawthorne, they felt that his power was over-rated and his army had been administrating their districts for too long. Tension had been growing thicker and thicker over years of hardship plummeted upon the people of Hawthorne. The King and his followers lived in a very secluded part of Hawthorne. A place once riveting with exquisite nature, beautiful gardens, a beautiful castle, surrounded by lush tress on top of a slowly climbing peak. However, with the onslaught of the rebellion, this wasn't going to be the case for much longer.

Each district took upon their own army and formations, not affiliating with one another, but all maintaining the same goal of overthrowing the King of Hawthorne. And so, a war was justified and the districts marched forward and battled upon a long strip of land between Aputuray town and the King's realm. This was a battled of thousands of extremely powerful Pokémon and their trainers which eventually led to total destruction of that which was once a beautiful dominion. The King was overthrown and he nor any of his officials survived the attacks. The districts no longer mantained much organization and Hawthorne split and became a much more divided yet free region. No longer were there districts in the political sense, but towns and cities grew. The strip of land where the battle took place is now commemorated by a building which hosts the Pokémon League of Hawthorne whereas, the King's realm lays ultimately untouched.

The Flute of Azure was forgotten about, despite many efforts to be retrieved, it was never found and has been seldom spoken about since. The region of Hawthorne was never cursed with conflict ever again, until now... History is attempting to repeat itself.

Suite as Evil

Motives revealed! Without too many spoilers that is!

Descendants and followers of the last King of Hawthorne, they are rumored to be attempting to once again; take control of the region. A cult in which has been in operation for an estimated 30 years, which has grown densely in such a short period of time. They have been already been doing all they can to dishearten and bring solemn upon the dwellers of Hawthorne. They keep to themselves quite strictly, though many rumours have been leaked, seeming to be closer to truths than the people of Hawthorne would like to believe. Growing in power, training and capturing paramount Pokémon... Will you be able to find out their plans and stop them before they manage to cause havoc in Hawthorne? Do you think that history repeating is inevitable and that war will reoccur? You must be careful though, taking on the Pokémon league challenge in hope to find your father, could very well be derailed by the efforts of "Suite as Evil".

The evil team of Forever Lost, led by a man simply known as "King". They are malicious and cunning, they all have the same objective, but all we know is, the war of Hawthorne is their main focus, they continually obsess over it, even if it was over 500 years ago. The team are a strict hierarchy and each member is put into a group as follows:
King: The leader, it is assumed that he is a direct descendant of the last King of Hawthorne.
Jacks & Queens: The next in line, dressed in suits and dresses these members are the admins, just below King.
Spades: Male grunts wearing red apparel simply only bearing one symbol; a black spade across the chest. ♥Hearts: Female grunts wearing black apparel simply only bearing one symbol; a red heart across the chest.
Joker of & Ace of : Little is known about these two, though be sure that you'll meet them along the way.

Competition Winners!

Hourglasshero - Gym Leader: Gastone
mulc_ar - Gym Leader: Trevor
Dr.Octogonapus - Gym Leader: Vivvian

Thanks for your gym leaders guys, you've all won a place in the game as well as a surprise somewhere along the way, I shall let you know when it's done~

I would also like to say a big welcome to my new artist on the team Hourglasshero!

Coming soon:

• New screens of new maps!
  • Our 6th Leader!
  • New characters
Thanks for supporting us!

Last edited:

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
Years
Can I be a random maid trainer? Since I'm the official IRC Maid? :D

Also... Forever... Lost... hmm, wonder where you got the name.... :P

Looks awesome and I can't wait for more. ^.^

Birdybot

-insert witty phrase here-
Years
Wow, this is just... incredible. Loving the badges and menu system, by the way. I can see a lot of work has gone into this and it looks very promising indeed. I'll be watching you! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back