• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.
  • Want to share your adventures playing Pokémon?
    Check out our new Travel Journals forum for sharing playthroughs of ROM Hacks, Fan Games, and other Pokémon content!
  • IMPORTANT: Following a takedown request, the following hacks have been delisted from PokéCommunity:

• Pokémon Glazed
    • Pokémon: Giratina Strikes Back
    • Pokémon Flora Sky
    • Pokémon Stranded
    The downloads and discussion threads for these hacks will no longer be accessible, and staff will be unable to return questions regarding accessing this content.

[Pokémon Black/White] Emulation Help Thread

Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
i have not tried this yet there are some people on youtube who have an English Patch for it has anyone tried it with the English Patch is it any good? Also, are there any pre-patched roms?

There is no English Patch yet. If there is I think it would be well known. I found one on youtube, but it was a Trojan. Do not download one until it is a definite yes.

Theab95

Legend hunter
Years
I'm waiting for a save fix hopefully for today
does really need No$gba to update? if so how long we have to wait?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 25, 2023
I'm waiting for a save fix hopefully for today
does really need No$gba to update? if so how long we have to wait?

I hope not, because that isn't going to happen. I don't think it will. I just think it has another AP for that. I hope it can be done.

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
Years
Yes. The code worked, but I can't save and it freezes when Prof. Aragi took me to the PokéCenter.
Now, this is a very big problem!
Also, the games runs smoothly, and I have a very slow computer though! and I see RGB shadows under houses and buildings, I don't know why...

175.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Theab95

Legend hunter
Years
Yes. The code worked, but I can't save and it freezes when Prof. Aragi took me to the PokéCenter.
Now, this is a very big problem!
Also, the games runs smoothly, and I have a very slow computer though! and I see RGB shadows under houses and buildings, I don't know why...
If you don't want to see RGB shadows open No$gba settings then change 3d render to opengl

Zenith95s

El Psy Congroo
Years
If you don't want to see RGB shadows open No$gba settings then change 3d render to opengl
No. I wanna see 'em, 'cause it makes the game go faster...!
And OpenGL makes the game go slower than usual.
By the way, is there anything which would let me to save the game?

Theab95

Legend hunter
Years

No. I wanna see 'em, 'cause it makes the game go faster...!
And OpenGL makes the game go slower than usual.
By the way, is there anything which would let me to save the game?
not yet it needs a patch I think we have to wait until it's released
we could try save state but it dosen't work for me, when I load a save state the game restart.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 14, 2016
has anyone got black to work on a mac? im having emulator problems, im using desmume 0.9.3

Surmonter

Hear No Evil
Years
How to optimize your performance on Desume 0.9.6 x86:

My system specs:
Spoiler:

Obviously I don't have a great computer, which is why I think this is a good thing to post.

My Desume settings:
Spoiler:

If your computer has similar specs and your game is not running well, get DPC Latency Checker V1.2.0. It will show your CPU performance and tell you if you have bad/outdated drivers.

DO THIS AFTER YOU USE DPC LATENCY CHECKER!!!!
-- Disable Superfetch. It will free up some memory. But, DPC Latency Checker will always say that you have driver issues when you do this.

If it still runs bad, take a thing of canned air and spray the dust out of your computer (this took away all lag for me.)

It doesn't run at 100% speed, it runs near perfect. But with the Frame Skip Rate set at 1, it appears to run perfectly.

If yours still runs bad, it sucks for you.

Andrew McKenzie

Supporting Pokemon Since 1999
Years
A simple yet somewhat disappointing way(to some) to make it run faster is to disable the sounds in the DeSmume config menu.

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
Years
So... finally, i've got my Pokemon White. 100% working on No$GBA 2.6a(thanks, Action Replay!). Ok, i haven't any freezes yet, but i feel like the game will crash at any moment(don't ask me why, i don't know xP).
I've got Mijumary, the Water one, and got through two first battles. No EXP, too bad. Thanks God there's a patch thing. So, i've got a question. Can i save on No$GBA or not? o_o

psychicboy

Hacking is all that matters...
Years
Nope, leave the rom on. Better to use the No$Zoomer. I've beateen up to the 2nd Gym LEader with no crashes.

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
Years
Nope, leave the rom on. Better to use the No$Zoomer. I've beateen up to the 2nd Gym LEader with no crashes.
I thought this reply was for me. If I was wrong, then just ignore me, ok? o-o
No$Zoomer you said? I thought this thing is for changing screen size. O-o
I hope that soon will be a savegame patch, just like exp patch. Jeez, the game is so great, but i don't wanna restart it every time =0=
Maybe soon we'll be playing B\W versions normally, just like that was with HG\SS.

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2011
I need a little help please! This has something to do with the save file I believe, and I am using NO$GBA. I have tried Desmume 0.9.6, and it crashes whenever I load the ROM on it. Here is a screenshot of what happened:

c4eb3af6.jpg

Thanks, Shuckle.

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
Years
I need a little help please! This has something to do with the save file I believe, and I am using NO$GBA. I have tried Desmume 0.9.6, and it crashes whenever I load the ROM on it. Here is a screenshot of what happened:
Thanks, Shuckle.
Same thing was with me, when I got Pokemon White game for a first time. Which version you have, Black, or White?
If Black, then just go to the Utility>Cheats and write this code:
02006F2C 00000000
02180B8C 00000000
The select ActionReplay DS and RAW. The game will work, i think. If you have White, then go to the Cheats again and write this code:
52006f2c fde8f1d8
02006f2c 00000000
d2000000 00000000
52180ba8 42018811
52180bac 4770d1fc
12180bac 000046c0
d2000000 00000000
Just choose ActionReplay DS and select the code. I won't sure, so also put the code for Pokemon Black xP
(sorry for my broken English o-o)

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Yay, an English patch is been worked on right now ^.^

And for all you who are using No$gba, after a day or 2 staying on it will have a memory overload or something and crash, it did for me.

Years
the NO$GBA code does work, but anyone who decides to use it to play black or white should be warned about one particular thing. You cannot save normally within the game. This means that your game will be ending when you beat the champion.

DeSmuMe, on the other hand, will run somewhat slow depending on your computer. However, you don't need a code to play, and you can save your game whenever you want.

Whichever one you guys choose, have fun!

the NO$GBA code does work, but anyone who decides to use it to play black or white should be warned about one particular thing. You cannot save normally within the game. This means that your game will be ending when you beat the champion.

DeSmuMe, on the other hand, will run somewhat slow depending on your computer. However, you don't need a code to play, and you can save your game whenever you want.

Last edited:

Tatsuo-san

<[Aye, aye, dood!]>
Years
Yay, an English patch is been worked on right now ^.^

And for all you who are using No$gba, after a day or 2 staying on it will have a memory overload or something and crash, it did for me.
English patch? Woohoo, but save game patch will be better : D
==
I've been playing Pokemon White right now, and it crashed after I used one of the attacks, which Mijumaru learned. Bye, Mijumaru 11 lvl and Fire-monkey-thing 10 lvl! D:

DeSmuMe is so slow on my PC, so I will choose No$GBA, even if it doesn't save the game properly. Maybe soon will be a save game patch, or something.

Mirby

Big ol' nerd
Years
Doubtful; unless I'm mistaken they still haven't made WarioWare DIY save.

Then again, I doubt that B/W uses a new savetype that no$ doesn't recognize.

Back