The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 8th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Samuraigun7
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Samuraigun7
Bug one would be awesome to see
Old September 8th, 2010, 09:45 PM
dead-man-walking
Alive and well

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to dead-man-walking
Bandiero sounds very Digimon-ish. But hey! It wore a poncho! :D
I would love to see a Ghost. :D
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:14 PM
MelonKid
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Timid
Still figuring how I'm to look at Cardioct...

My vote is for ghost.
also could you add the new reveled pokemon to the main post?

Keep up the good work!
Old September 9th, 2010, 08:20 AM
the_shadow_maker
Intermediate game maker

Nature: Bold
i also vote ghost also nice story and maps so far
Old September 9th, 2010, 12:27 PM
The Cynic
♥ These Perfect Abattoirs ♥

Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonKid View Post
also could you add the new reveled pokemon to the main post?

Soon, soon. I'm just trying to get some more delicious screenies in first.

Voting Result!

I'm very pleased with the turnout this time. Democracy is a little more democratic that way. The result, if you don't already ,was Ghost.

Gleel, the Glee Pokemon. Gleel can typically be found haunting the graves of those who died happy. In some areas, in fact, they are considered to be the reincarnations of those who die happy. Sprite by Ivyon.

Thanks again for voting. No more fakemon for a little while, but feel free to comment as always. New screenshots coming tomorrow night!

Last edited by The Cynic; September 9th, 2010 at 12:59 PM.
Old September 10th, 2010, 02:26 PM
The Cynic

Aww.... no comments on Gleel. :cer_cry:

New Screenshots

Alpha screenshots of Littlebeach Town, the starter town. Please remember to comment! :cer_frown:

Old September 10th, 2010, 03:10 PM
Milk
ガットミルク

Nature: Calm
Do you by any chance need a graphic artist? ;]

Blue. The color of sorrow and life. Without it we'd be in a colorless world.

Old September 11th, 2010, 12:56 AM
dead-man-walking
Alive and well

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to dead-man-walking
Cute sprite and Dex entry for Gleel. :D
Old September 11th, 2010, 04:32 AM
The Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milk View Post
Do you by any chance need a graphic artist? ;]
Sounds interesting. What kind of graphics do you do? Could you PM me examples of your work?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead-man-walking View Post
Cute sprite and Dex entry for Gleel. :D
Thanks.

Old September 11th, 2010, 06:20 AM
Wichu
Project Amethyst

Nature: Naive
I'm sure I've seen this thread before, so I don't know why I haven't replied ;)

This is now one of my favourite games on PokéCommunity, despite it not even being in the Showcase yet (planning to move any time soon?). The Pokémon are awesome, the region seems interesting, and the beginning of the story sounds promising.

Anyway, is the player's name fixed, or is 'Casey' an example name? I'm not too keen on being stuck with a name I don't particularly like (sorry). On a related note, can the player select their gender?
During the plot, you get the Pokémon that the Professor saves you with as your starter. But judging from the sprites, you're going with the traditional Grass/Fire/Water triangle. So how is the starter the Prof uses decided?
Are the overworld sprites final? I assume you're going to be designing a new hero rather than using Essentials' default. The R/S/E sprites are in my opinion the worst looking OWs, too. If it was up to me, I'd either use 4th gen OWs or use a custom template.
And finally, the font looks a bit strange; as the screenshots are taken at half the natural resolution, some of the resized characters don't look right (such as the second " in the sign). Is there any reason you're not using one of the Pokémon fonts?
Old September 11th, 2010, 06:35 AM
aSeRo141414
zZJoennZz inside

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to aSeRo141414 Send a message via Skype™ to aSeRo141414
This game is awesome! I like the fakemons!
Old September 13th, 2010, 01:42 PM
The Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wichu View Post
I'm sure I've seen this thread before, so I don't know why I haven't replied

This is now one of my favourite games on PokéCommunity, despite it not even being in the Showcase yet (planning to move any time soon?). The Pokémon are awesome, the region seems interesting, and the beginning of the story sounds promising.

Anyway, is the player's name fixed, or is 'Casey' an example name? I'm not too keen on being stuck with a name I don't particularly like (sorry). On a related note, can the player select their gender?
During the plot, you get the Pokémon that the Professor saves you with as your starter. But judging from the sprites, you're going with the traditional Grass/Fire/Water triangle. So how is the starter the Prof uses decided?
Are the overworld sprites final? I assume you're going to be designing a new hero rather than using Essentials' default. The R/S/E sprites are in my opinion the worst looking OWs, too. If it was up to me, I'd either use 4th gen OWs or use a custom template.
And finally, the font looks a bit strange; as the screenshots are taken at half the natural resolution, some of the resized characters don't look right (such as the second " in the sign). Is there any reason you're not using one of the Pokémon fonts?

Sorry for the delay in my response. I've been very, very busy.

Originally you weren't to have a choice, but I have decided that seeing as the majority of people would much rather choose name and gender, that option will be available. The default names will be Casey & Evie. The reason for the original lack of choice is that I wanted a much more story-oriented game.

The Prof. thing is still being finalised, but what will probably happen is that when the Prof. calls out the Pokemon a box will appear giving you the choice of which Pokemon the Prof. sends out.

The overworlds will be changed to 4th gen style.

So far I'm just using the default fonts with Pokemon Essentials. This will be changed later.

Thanks for taking such an interest in the game. I hope you continue to follow it.
:cer_smile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSeRo141414 View Post
This game is awesome! I like the fakemons!

Thanks.

Your Ideas

There are a few things that would be nice to hear from you. The first thing is: how many Pokemon should the regional dex comprise of. Being such a large region I'm thinking 301 would be the smallest size of dex. What do you reckon?

Do you have any ideas for additional game features? Now that Sands of Time is a game and not a hack, I can be much more creative. Such features not yet mentioned that I think would fit nicely are:
- Autumn form of all grass Pokemon caught in and around Autumnleaf Town.
- Some tidal effects (most notably in the Armarenth Dots).
- Pokemon following trainer (as in HG/SS).

If you have any great ideas, please tell me them. And as always, keep the comments coming.

Old September 13th, 2010, 04:25 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
^well if you are thinking about adding new types, or "fake" as the haters like to say, how about adding some sound types?
Old September 13th, 2010, 10:23 PM
The Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
^well if you are thinking about adding new types, or "fake" as the haters like to say, how about adding some sound types?

I'm actually not adding any new types whatsoever. Mainly because the types Game Freak created work so well. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Old September 15th, 2010, 07:44 AM
Poke_a_Dialga!
EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ

Nature: Sassy
Probably the first time ever for me to post on a game thread XD
So far looking good
Maybe a pokedex of 351?
It's just my opinion though
The title Pokemon Chornicles: The Sands of Time really sounds like Final Fantasy Crystal Chornicles: Echoes of Time... (did u get this idea from this game?)
Maybe it's just me though :3

Old September 15th, 2010, 10:35 PM
The Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poke_a_Dialga! View Post
Probably the first time ever for me to post on a game thread XD
So far looking good
Maybe a pokedex of 351?
It's just my opinion though
The title Pokemon Chornicles: The Sands of Time really sounds like Final Fantasy Crystal Chornicles: Echoes of Time... (did u get this idea from this game?)
Maybe it's just me though :3
Always nice to try new things... :cer_smile:

The phrase "Sands of Time" is actually one that has been in circulation for quite some time. I believe Socrates might have been (one of) the first to use this phrase. Since then it's been used as the titles of operas, Dr. Who novels etc. etc. Anyway, it's basically an allusion to the hourglass as a symbol of mortality and/or eternity, and the perfect name for the game. :cer_wink:

The "Pokemon Chronicles" part I just thought would be a great name for a series. I found out shortly later that there is actually a manga named that already - but oh well...

I think now that the regional dex will have somewhere in the range of 301-351 Pokemon and fakemon. No more, no less.

Thanks for your input. :cer_smile:

Tile-searching

I'm currently looking for New-England fishing village style tiles for Freewharf Town, and struggling. I've tried making them myself but It would involve a level of skill that surpasses mine. If anyone knows of, or can make, tiles in this style please tell me.

What Do You Want To See?

I'm going to do another one of these while I do some mapping. Nominate a type yu would like to see and a brand new sprite of that type will be revealed tomorrow morning.

Fire
Water
Grass
Flying
Bug

There isn't a lot of sprites done at the moment, hence a lack of choice.

Happy voting! And please remember to comment.

Old September 17th, 2010, 02:38 PM
The Cynic

Aww..... no one voted. :cer_cry:

New Sprites

Seeing as NO ONE voted this time I'm just going to reveal all the completed sprited so far.

Snapple's description still in construction. Sprite by Aviculor.

Cholant, the Lantern Pokemon. Cholant have large, mostly hollow heads that glow thanks to flammable gases. They flock towards each other and are often found flying near festivals. Sprite by Aviculor.

Lyrain, the Rain Bowl Pokemon. Lyrain can often be heard singing during fresh rain, and will sing under no other circumstances. They will often follow rain clouds in order to catch the rain that falls from them. Due to this, some consider Lyrain a method to discern when it will next rain. The water collected in Lyrain's bowl-like head is used to keep itself moist and hydrated on dry days. Sprite by Ivyon.

Going to re-arrange the fakedex now to include all these new guys. And remember to comment!!!!

Old September 17th, 2010, 02:39 PM
phantominoid
The Darkness Addict

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to phantominoid Send a message via Skype™ to phantominoid
these are way too awesome, especially snapper, i hope he has a three line evolution

Old September 17th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Starrmyt
Kittorch

Nature: Hasty
Were you sponsored by the Dr. Pepper corporation? Because it seems like you used one of their Brand Names for that first grass pokemon

I like the sprites!

founder of

Old September 17th, 2010, 08:26 PM
MelonKid
Beginning Trainer

I think Lyrain looks really cute!
Quote:
Lyrain can often be heard singing during fresh rain, and will sing under no other circumstances. They will often follow rain clouds in order to catch the rain that falls from them. Due to this, some consider Lyrain a method to discern when it will next rain.
would you be adding a cry/song before weather changes to rain? That would be really cool.
and the rest of the Fakemon are really good too.

Keep up the hard work!
Old September 18th, 2010, 02:48 AM
The Cynic

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantominoid View Post
these are way too awesome, especially snapper, i hope he has a three line evolution

Thanks. :cer_smile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starrmyt View Post
Were you sponsored by the Dr. Pepper corporation? Because it seems like you used one of their Brand Names for that first grass pokemon

I like the sprites!
Snapple actually dosn't exist in Europe, so I had no idea that there was actually a soft drink with its name until very recently.

Cheers. :cer_smile:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MelonKid View Post
I think Lyrain looks really cute!

would you be adding a cry/song before weather changes to rain? That would be really cool.
and the rest of the Fakemon are really good too.

Keep up the hard work!
Great idea! Thank you very much. :cer_smile:

Old September 19th, 2010, 11:23 AM
RedBaron474
I don't even know

I love you and your game. Haha very well done, Cynic. Sorry I haven't been active enough to see how amazing it's become :).
Old September 22nd, 2010, 05:08 AM
Artic.uno
Beginning Trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Artic.uno
This looks awesome so far! Sorry that I haven't been keeping up, my coming exams have just overwhelmed me. I'll be happy to do any more graphics if you want more [:

Around 320 Pokemon would seem best to me but it's up to you really.

The more precious the thing is, the more easily it is broken.
Starry☆Sky ~in Autumn~
Backloggery » deviantART
Old September 23rd, 2010, 09:00 AM
RulerArceus
的なインターネッ の最高級!

You should get the Pokemon following the Trainer.
And yeah, my friend hacked it. His DS got drenched in Orange Juice and he cant use it anymore.I put my Feraligatr up here to share the memory of my friends R4 and his SS that he's not really ever going to get a Chance to use again.EDIT: Oh wait, it started working again .
SUICUNE LV.30
EXTREMESPEED|AIR SLASH|AQUA RING|SHEER COLD|
My first ever event pokemon. I screamed like a little girl when I went on the Mystery Gift and actually got results.
OH MY GAWD *HYPERVENTILATION*
pretty much explains how I felt. I know a bunch of people that have better Events than me like the Lv. 100 Arceus or Celebi etc.
but it's still my first event and it has a special place in my heart.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 06:05 PM
trebornosliw
Learning

Nature: Adamant
Your fakemon look very professional, kudos to you. Mapping's very aesthetically pleasing, tiles are nice and clean, the region is large and interesting, and best of all, IMHO, your grammar is impeccable, so your dialogues will be awesome :D
I'm looking forward to seeing how this goes.

Sponsored Links