The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 17th, 2010, 08:36 PM
stargate1995
Mr. Flying Pickle Monster

Nature: Calm
As promised heres the sinnoh log for Kabuto:.
Spoiler:

-Started game
-Choose starter(Turtwig) for HM slave and easier rival
-Caught a starly(HM slave) and a Kricketot(to trade the egg in)
-Transferred and hatched the egg
-Travelled to Jubilife
-Defeated Rival
-Travelled to floaroma
-Saved wind works
-Travelled through eterna forest with cheryl
-Challenged Gardenia again and again and again...... Finally beat her with aurora beam
-Saved the bike guy from Team Galactic
-Travelled to Hearthome
-Beat Rival
-Travelled through solaceon then to Vielstone
-Kabuto evolved into Kabutops
-Beat Maylene with slash and bubble beam
-Helped Dawn get her Pokedex back
-Travelled to Pastoria
-Beat Wake with slash
Log 2
-Beat Rival
-Travelled to The town with the elders(forgot it's name)
-Went back to Hearthome
-Beat Fantina with surf
-Travelled to Canalave
-Beat Rival
-beat Byron with surf
-Went to the lake
-Beat Team Galactic
-Helped Dawn beat Team Galactic agian
-Travelled to Snowpoint
-Beat Candice with slash
-Went to Team Galactic's secret base in Vielstone
-Saved the three lake pokes
-Climbed Mt. Coronet
-Beat up Team Galactic
-Beat Dialga
-Travelled to Sunyshore
Log 3
-Beat Volknore With Slash
-Got to Victory road
-Beat Rival
-Challenged the elite four
-Beat Aron with slash
-Beat Agatha with Waterfall
-Beat Flint with Waterfall
-Beat Lucien with a combination
-Challenged Cynthia
-Beat Spiritomb with waterfall
-Beat Garchomp with waterfall/aurora beam
-Beat Gastrodon with combination
-Beat Milotic with slash
-Beat Lucario with waterfall

Sinnoh, like Johto I find pretty boring(mostly becuase of the lack of a fast ford button lol) so this took a little longer then hoped.

Anyway that means that I'm done with my second Ultimate solo :D. Kabutops is a great Pokemon and I'm proud of my new group of them(there standing right next to my Metagross's who look a little jealous XD).

Ultimate solo run with Kabutops

Current challenges:
Ultimate solo run with Nidoking, [K][J][H][S][U]
Black part of solo rune with Kabutops

Evidently I like solo challenges

Metagross and salamence fan

Last edited by stargate1995; December 16th, 2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old September 17th, 2010, 08:56 PM
tachikaze316
Master of Procrastination

Nature: Quiet
-Headed back to Cerulean City, stocked up on healing items and repels
-Went to Lavender Town via Rock Tunnel, taught Buggy Aerial Ace on the way
-Headed to Celadon City
-Swept through the gym with Aerial Ace

-Taught Buggy Giga Drill..erm, Giga Drain
-Beat up Team Rocket, got the Silph Scope
-Buggy OHKO'd everything in Pokemon Tower. Except Marowak, that was a 2 hit job...
-Saved Mr. Fuji, Poke Flute get!
-Headed south to Fuchsia City, picked up Snorslave on the way
-Gym time!
-Aerial Ace, is there anything it can't solve? Well, not in this gym there wasn't.
*Sorry, I forgot to take a screenshot of Koga, same goes for Blaine*
-Picked up HM03, HM04 and TM47, taught the first 2 to Snorslave and Steel Wing to Buggy
-Headed back up Cycling Road,
-Got a cup of tea from an old lady in Celadon Mansion
-Damn guards stole my tea....oh well, time to beat up Team Rocket again
-Gary's Pidgeot actually gave me a bit of trouble this time around, f***ing featherdance, still won in the end
-Beat Giovanni again
-Headed to the gym, avoided all the trainers
-Swept with Aerial Ace

-Rode back to Celadon to get HM02, caught a Doduo to teach it to
-Flew to Pallet Town
-Surfed to Cinnabar Island
-Got the Secret Key from the Mansion
-Gym time...
-This one took a while...a lot of KOs...and a lot of patience. His mons seemed to have a roughly ~90% accuracy with Fire Blast. Buggy's weakest stat is special defense...I was too annoyed to take a screenshot, sorry.
-Flew back to Viridian City
-Gym time!
-Swept with Aerial Ace and Giga Drain

-Headed off to the Pokemon league, was overlevelled enough to OHKO most of Gary's team
-Beat Lorelei by sheer luck, yay crit Giga Drain.
-None of Bruno's fighting types could take an Aerial Ace, his Onixes didn't like Steel Wing
-Agatha's ghosts were no match for Aerial Ace
-Lance's team was a cakewalk, his Dragonite actually KOd itself...with a little help from Screech
-The champion battle was annoying, after several resets I decided to stop playing fair. I set up vs Pidgeot with X Attacks and Guard Specs (F***ing Featherdance!) and swept his entire team, OHKOs all around!

Completed Challenges:
Nuzlocke Challenge: Moemon Forever V2
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Normal

Last edited by tachikaze316; September 17th, 2010 at 11:49 PM.
Old September 18th, 2010, 04:36 AM
Roughsponge
Phenominal.

Nature: Quirky
Update #5:

Spoiler:
-Went down Cycling road, reached Fuschia
-Went East to battle the trainers there and up to Lavander.
-Flew back to Saffron and did the Silpho co. fiasco
-Battled Blue, which was a tricky battle but I still managed it
-Fought the karate people in the dojo
-Beat Sabrina fairly easily:

-Flew back to Fuschia and battled Koga and won really easily:

Static/Pikachu:

Update #6:

Spoiler:
-Beat Blaine:

-Beat Giovanni

-Went through the Victory road & beat the elite four members (which the only hard one was Agatha)
-Defeated Lance

-Beat Blue, which the only problem was sandslash because of his earthquake:

-Got into the hall of fame:

And so the first part of my challenge is over, now to move onto SS with a new Pikachu. Good times.

Last edited by Roughsponge; September 18th, 2010 at 09:39 AM.
Old September 18th, 2010, 04:24 PM
Hiyappu_Storm
Aqua Monkey Storm!

Nature: Adamant
I have done a log for my play through Johto from Morty to starting Kanto:

-I started by heading towards Olivine, catching a Tauros for Strength and Surf, defeating everyone.
-I climbed the lighthouse finding out that I need to go to Cianwood, so I took HM III the Tauros acroos the ocean, catching HM IIII the Tentacruel for Whirlpool and then grabbed the potion for Amphy.
-I destroyed Chuck with OHKO's but forgot to take a picture.
-Flew back on HM II the Pidgey with the new HM I got and climbed back up the lighthouse, then defeated Jasmine (forgot the picture again).
-Went to Mahogany and smashed up the Gyarados and Team Rocket.
-Defeated Pryce with no pic.
-Smashed Team Rocket in Goldenrod, and then went through Ice Cave and beat Clair and remembered the picture

-Went and grabbed my Master Ball and then headed to the league.
-After Victory Road, I destroyed my rival and then took on the league.
-Without any troubles and 3 Max Potion's, I took the title of Champion and headed to Kanto

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Rage / Venusaur

FireRed/Silver/Emerald/Diamond
Old September 18th, 2010, 04:48 PM
Disrupter
Beginning Trainer

I'm going to do a solo run on Pokemon Red with Meowth, I'll start now.

-Named myself Red and my rival Blue.
-Went to Oak and got a charmander.
-Beat Blue.
-Did Oak's errand.
-Hacked for my Meowth .
-Caught a level 4 meowth and named him Tiger.
-Grinded to level 10.
-Defeated my rival again.
-Passed Viridian Forest to pewter city.
-Tiger learned bite.
-Tryed to take on Brock but failed.

-Grinded Tiger to level 18.
-Defeated Brock.

Well it seems I'm tired and going to bed Tiger agrees too.

Last edited by Disrupter; September 18th, 2010 at 05:35 PM.
Old September 19th, 2010, 12:22 AM
Hiyappu_Storm
Aqua Monkey Storm!

I have accidentally deleted my last post, so I will post the pictures and post my newest one:

Hoenn Log:
Spoiler:
Hoenn Log Part One - Roxanne

-I hacked in Bulbasaur as starter and named it Rage after defeating a Zigzagoon.
-I went to May and defeated her Torchic which was easy with my newly grinded level 8 Rage.
-After speaking to Birch and getting new shoes from my mum, I went and grabbed HM I the Zigzagoon from Route 103 and proceded to Route 102.
-I defeated all of the trainers and the helped Wally the moron catch a pokemon.
-After that I met my stalker aka Scott and on Route 104, I defeated the trainers and caught HM II the Wingull.
-I headed through Petalburg Woods, defeating Bug Catchers, guys who chase Shroomish lovers and more Bug Catchers and found myself back on Route 104!
-I soon realised I was in the north part of the route, and ran up to Rustboro City, taught cut to HM I and took on the gym.
-I obliterated Roxanne by spamming Leech Life and Vine Whip

Hoenn Log Part Two - Brawly

-After leaving the gym, I saw Shroomish lover and his stalker and followed them northeast onto Route 116, where I took out all of the trainers and found an old man by a cave.
-I helped his Wingull because of Wingull love (HM II and PEEKO)and then got given another great ball by Shroomish guy.
-After his boss finally let me go, I headed south and took on May again, where her Wingull went down in a single shot from Razor Leaf, and the Torchic went down quick with Tackle.
-She told me about Briney, and I went to visit him and he took me to Dewford, where I met Steven and gave him a letter and he gave a TM.
-Brawly's gym was easy, and Brawly went down with Leech Seed and Poisonpowder.

Hoenn Log Part Three - Wattson

-I left Dewforn with Briney and took on all the trainers on the beach and obtained 6 Soda Pops.
-I then went to meet Dock and then was given Thief by the Shroomish Lover's Stalker.
-I took on the two Aqua grunts in the Ocean Museum and met Archie and he told me to leave Team Aqau alone, and then left without giving me chance to answer, just like Stern did a second later.
-After I got outside, my stalker Scott came and talked to me and gave me his phone number.
-I headed up to the Trick House, completed the first puzzle and the headed northeast and got in a battle with May.
-I defeated her easily and then went to Mauville and guess who I saw?
-Wally! I obliterated him and all of his friends on the route between Mauville and Verdanturf.
-I took on the gym in Mauville and won the battles easy, with a few cases of paralysis.
-Wattson's first two pokemon died easily, but the last two took a little longer because of paralysis, but I ended up one badge richer.

Hoenn Log Part Four - Flannery

-I headed over to Fallarbor, which didn't take long because of the weak trainers and then headed toward Meteor Falls.
-I got their and met Team Magma for the first time and then saw Archie, who ran off before I could say anything again.
- I then headed down to Rustboro City and visited Devon Corp and then headed through Rusturf Tunnel and back up towards Mt Chimney.
-I took a ride up onto the mountain, to find Team Aqua!
-I went to fight them, but I realised that they weren't the enemy and the jerks in the red clothes were the enemy.
-I took them on and found that they weren't as strong as they looked.
-I got to the boss and listened to him, and then prepared for battle.
-He was easy with Mightyena and Camerupt going down in one hit and Zubat in one hit from Strength.
-I headed down Jagged Pass defeating trainers and the jerk in the Magma suit and then got into Lavaridge.
-I entered the gym and started on the trainers.
-The trainers were easy and it's time to fight Flannery, who I hope wont be too hard.
-Flannery went down pretty quick other than the Torkoal, which paralysed me and used attract on me.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Rage / Venusaur

Last edited by Hiyappu_Storm; September 19th, 2010 at 01:26 AM.
Old September 19th, 2010, 06:01 AM
Reshiram Man
Resident Peacekeeper

Nature: Modest
Name: Reshiram Man
Pokemon: Charizard( will be picked off from my nuzlocke challenge, right now it is a lvl. 34 Charmeleon.)
Game: FR

ADD MY NAME!
The place where I was born

Scars, she’s got her scars
Sometimes it starts to worry me
Cause lose, I don’t want to lose
Sight of who we are

From the mountains high
To the wave-crashed coast
There’s a way to find
Better days I know

It’s been a long hard ride
Got a ways to go
This is still the place
That we all call home
Old September 19th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Roughsponge
Phenominal.

Update #7:

-Named myself Silver & Rival Ginger
-Did all the start bit...
-Beat Ginger (before getting Pikachu)
-Traded egg over from Diamond and it hatched into Pichu (m) and I named him Static :D
-Did sprout tower
-Beat Faulkner and got the Zephyr badge

Now I'm about to go into the small cave, but there is a guy just before it with a wooper which I can't attack.. great.

Static/Pichu:

L16
Moves;
-Thundershock
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder wave
-Thunder
Old September 19th, 2010, 07:53 PM
tachikaze316
Master of Procrastination

Nature: Quiet
Quick question regarding the Johto leg of my Yanma/Yanmega challenge.
I want to use my copy of Soul Silver (Yanma's movepool was terrible in gen 2) but I don't have any way of trading a Yanma in early, is it okay if I just use my starter for the first two gyms?

EDIT: I just realised I'd have to grind to level 37 in Crystal before I could take on my Rival in Azalea Town (Yay, Gastly) or the Ecruteak Gym which would take way too much of the challenge out of this so, seeing as I'd be unable to get a Yanma before Goldenrod (Also, 1% encounter rate) in SS, I'm just gonna drop out of the ultimate challenge.

Completed Challenges:
Nuzlocke Challenge: Moemon Forever V2
Ultimate Monotype Challenge: Normal

Last edited by tachikaze316; September 20th, 2010 at 07:45 PM.
Old September 19th, 2010, 11:28 PM
Hiyappu_Storm
Aqua Monkey Storm!

Venusaur Ultimate Solo Challenge

Hoenn Log:
Spoiler:
Hoenn Log Part Five - Norman

-I started my small journey to Petalburg by leaving the gym and running into May who gave me some rediculous looking Goggles, which I threw in my bad, never to take out.
-I jumped down the ledge, running south to Mauville, and then ran west to Verdanturf.
-I dropped in to see, Wally, but there was no Wally to see. I decided that after defeating my Father, I would continue on, but also search for my good friend.
-I headed through Rusturf Tunnel, running to Rustboro, and then south through Route 104 and the Woods, until I saw it, my fathers gym.
-i headed inside, to see his smiling face, but all I saw were two doors, and I then realised it wasn't going to be easy.
-I defeated all of the trainers for the extra experience, healed up, and entered my fathers room, and when he sent a Spinda I though that he was joking.
-I took it out with one Return and he started to laugh, and then came his prized pokemon, Vigoroth.
-Yet again a single Return showed him what's what. Then came his Linoone, and I just thought, 'I don't want HM I to see this', so I tucked his ball tightly under my jacket and prepared for battle.
-Razor Leaf proved that he wasn't too strong, and finally came the dreaded pokemon, which was referred to by trainers and gym leaders alike as 'The beast', but my father just stated with a serious face 'Go! Slaking!'.
-A Razor Leaf barely took off 35% of his HP, and Norman simply said 'Facade', and away went 34 HP of Rage.
-I commanded a Razor Leaf which missed and his Slaking did nothing, so I quickly shouted for another Razor Leaf which left him low on health but his Facade did more damage.
-A final Razor Leaf proved that I had overcome my father and earned my Fifth Gym badge.

Hoenn Log Part Six - Winona

-After defeating my father, I was pulled away by Wally's father, who gave me Surf, which was very kind of him, and I taught it to HM I and I set off to see my Mother.
-She gave me an Amulet Coin as I beat Norman, and I left for Mauville by Surfing across Route 103.
-I then found the Trick Master and completed his puzzle, obtaining a Timer Ball which will be completely useless and did another challenge and got a useless hard stone, and went for my third challenge.
-I got a Smoke Ball and continued up Route 110, as there were no more challenges yet, so I went to head towards Route 118. I surfed across the water, grabbed a Good Rod and battled a Fisherman.
-I met up with Steven again and he said that it would be nice if we saw each other again and I think we will as he is one of my new stalkers .
-I headed back to Mauville, as I forgot to heal after the Trick House, and then I set off to visit the Berry Master.
-I stole his berries, and he gave me 2 more and then I said A A to his wife and she gave me a Pecha Berry.
-I headed north on to Route 119 just wondering when the Team of Skroomish Lover stalkers will show up.
-Then at the Weather Institute, guess who showed up? The stupid team of evil stalkers aka Team Aqua, and guess who's there to save the day? Not me. It's RAGE!
-And with a flurry of Razor Leaf's and Return's, the stalkers of evil ran away like little girls.
-In the middle of the battles, HM I evolved because of those darn double battles on this game.
-The Castform that the Scientist gave me ran away because I wouldn't use it and with that, May appeared.
-She didn't stand a chance after 3 OHKO's with Return and then gave me Fly as my stalker showed up and wished me a job well done.
-I taught Fly to HM II and headed into Fortree, and back out to meet up with Steven to get the Devon Scope.
-I entered the gym and destryed trainers left, right and centre, even though I had the type disadvantage.
-I healed up and challenged my most feared gym leader, Winona, the Graceful Master of Flying Pokemon, and beating her was a matter of OHKO's.
-Sawblu and Pelipper went down with one Return each, and Tropius took two strengths as I didn't want her to use any healing items.
-Altaria, the one who I was most scared of only took two Returns and Skarmory took 7 because of healing items and after that I had obtained my sixth gym badge.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Rage / Venusaur

Last edited by Hiyappu_Storm; September 20th, 2010 at 12:30 AM.
Old September 21st, 2010, 01:04 AM
.Kaiser
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughsponge View Post
Update #5:

Spoiler:
-Went down Cycling road, reached Fuschia
-Went East to battle the trainers there and up to Lavander.
-Flew back to Saffron and did the Silpho co. fiasco
-Battled Blue, which was a tricky battle but I still managed it
-Fought the karate people in the dojo
-Beat Sabrina fairly easily:

-Flew back to Fuschia and battled Koga and won really easily:

Static/Pikachu:

Update #6:

Spoiler:
-Beat Blaine:

-Beat Giovanni

-Went through the Victory road & beat the elite four members (which the only hard one was Agatha)
-Defeated Lance

-Beat Blue, which the only problem was sandslash because of his earthquake:

-Got into the hall of fame:

And so the first part of my challenge is over, now to move onto SS with a new Pikachu. Good times.
LOL you finished on level 81, which is the level Red's Pikachu has in GSC!
Old September 21st, 2010, 01:31 AM
Hiyappu_Storm
Aqua Monkey Storm!

Hoenn Log Part Seven - Liza and Tate

-I left the gym and got a phone call from my stalker, Scott, which creeped me out, as I wish he would leave me alone.
-I headed onto Route 120 and with a few battles, I proceeded South.
-Eventually I escaped the rain and realised that I was on Route 121, and headed east for a few more battles.
-While trecking through the Route, I encountered my old Shroomish lover stalking friends and watched them run South, probably in fear of Rage.
-I continued east toward Lilycove, and had a few more battled before I reached the great city.
-I saw May, so I went to speak to her which ended up with her losing a battle and returning to Littleroot.
-After wondering what to do, I remembered Team Aqua and decided to head down towards Mt Pyre.
-I headed up the tower for some battles and then headed outside because I heard some shouting, and there they were, Team Aqua.
-I met Archie and he was saying something about the crazy fire peoples leader getting there first and then ran off (never gives me chance to talk back).
-The old woman gave me a Magma Emblem, so I headed south on to Route 123 to have a few battles before I take on Team Magma again.
-I headed up to Mt Chimney and on my way down Jagged Pass a cave opened up, so I went inside.
-Inside was Team Magma and I charged through to find Maxie to see what he was doing inside a volcano that he has previously tried to erupt.
-I finally found him staring into a lava pit that had a massive beast of a pokemon that looked like a statue and suddenly the room went red and the pokemon disappeared from the mountain and then Maxie challenged me to a battle.
-His team went down to Rage pretty quickly, and he ran off and then I left to go back to Lilycove.
-I headed to Slateport to see the sights, but found Archie stealing Captain Sterns submarine.
-So I healed up and prepared to leave, but the area was sealed off, so I entered a cave and found Team Aqua.
-I found a whole secret base, which I expected to be Team Aquas, so I went to find Archie and destroy him finally.
-I defeated the admin, but I couldn't do anything but stand and watch as Archie escaped in Sterns submarine.
-I surfed over to Mossdeep because Team Aqua had gotten away this time and decided to challenge the gym.
-I challenged Liza and Tate, who were made a laughing stock of because of Razor Leaf destroying their pokemon easily.

EDIT: I will not be able to post any updates due to no internet for the next two weeks, but will continue my challenge.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Rage / Venusaur

Last edited by Hiyappu_Storm; September 21st, 2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old September 21st, 2010, 05:37 AM
Roughsponge
Phenominal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Kaiser View Post
LOL you finished on level 81, which is the level Red's Pikachu has in GSC!
What a coinceedink, I'm just special I guess

Anywho, I've attempted numerous times to defeat bugsy, however it always ends in failure because Static just doesn't like to evolve... He either has something against me or he just loves to stay useless as a Pichu. Everytime I battle Bugsy, he uses one u-turn and Static is done for. I'm going to need to grind him to at least level 28 to even stand a chance. Quite the catastrophe.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 02:28 PM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
I am going to use Magmar on Gold version!

Old September 23rd, 2010, 07:49 AM
Kamitsure
Electric/Psychic/Dark/Ghost♥

Nature: Calm
I'll do a solo challenge with Carvanha/Sharpedo on Sapphire, my first update will be up soon. :3

I'll hack Carvanha as my starter btw.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 12:19 PM
Alpha King
Man's Best Friend
Community Supporter

Send a message via Yahoo to Alpha King
First update! Got Magmar, nicknamed Brighter. Beat the Sprout tower guy (might put in video when it's up) Beat Falkner and my video is up on a new youtube channel I made for challenges

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXosb5f-NAs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksukZ...eature=related

Last edited by Alpha King; September 24th, 2010 at 07:09 PM.
Old September 24th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Hiyappu_Storm
Aqua Monkey Storm!

EDIT: I downloaded a newer version of no$gba and it is running very fast again so ignore my previous question.

Ultimate Solo Challenge

Rage / Venusaur

Last edited by Hiyappu_Storm; September 24th, 2010 at 02:35 AM.
Old September 24th, 2010, 01:22 AM
Roughsponge
Phenominal.

Update #7:

-Yeah, so I finally beat that spanner Scyther.
-Beat Ginger quite easily
-Got Cut and taught it to Cyndaquil
-Static evolved at last! Happy days!
-Reached goldenrod city, done the little quiz and got Whitney back to the gym.
-Beat Whitney fairly easily with a couple of thunderbolts, dun.
-Got Sudowoodo out the way and killed ko'd him.
-Went to burned tower, beat Ginger and seen Suicuine.
-Beat all the gym trainers and then Morty, who was easier than expected

Next onto Olivine city..

Static/Pikachu:

L34
Moves:
-Headbutt
-Hidden power
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder
Old September 25th, 2010, 05:41 PM
institutions
ain't that a kick in the head?

Update 2: 4th Badge - Post E4

-Went to Burned Tower and released the three beasts.
-Defeated Morty and his lackeys inside the gym.

-Got surf from the perv watching the dancers.
-Went to Olivine.
-Found Jasmine in the lighthouse.
-Got a good rod, caught Corsola, and taught it surf.
-Surfed to Cianwood.
-Went in the gym and killed Chuck.

-Got fly, but surfed back to Olivine.
-Gave the medicine to Amphy.
-Fought and beat Jasmine.

-On my way back I decided to look for a flying pokemon so I could fly. Surprisingly I found Entei and caught it with one ultra ball.
-Also caught Pidgeotto.
-Flew back to Euc...something, and went east.
-Got to Mahogany, did the lake of rage and team rocket stuff, blah blah.
Went in the gym and beat Pryce.

-Did the lame stuff with team rocket in Goldenrod, having to run back and forth between the radio tower and pokecenter because all the damn koffings kept poisoning me.
-Went through ice path.
-Arrived at blackthorn, and beat Claire.
-Did the dragons den part to get the badge.

-Flew back to New Bark Town and got the Masterball.
-Walked the long route to the elite four.

Elite Four Time!
Sydney - I struggled here. His Xatu's kept killing me. After a few whiteouts I grew wise and taught Snargles Strength. He demolished.
Koga - Strength = win.
Bruno - Karate Chopped to death. Yeah I know, fighting vs fighting. But I was slightly over-leveled.
Least memorable E4 member - Karate Chop ftw. Got rid of Mud-Slap for Thrash. Need a new move to use against ghosts now.
Lance - Cross Chop + Strength.

E4 champ

The adventure isn't over yet.
I still need to go through Kanto and defeat Red.
Old September 26th, 2010, 11:09 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
All right guys. Sorry nothing has been updated recently. I had 3 exams and a paper to do recently, as well as plan for my vacation coming in a couple of weeks. But I'm back. Expect an update shortly.
Old September 27th, 2010, 12:58 PM
Sgt_Grovyle
-Not a Grovyle fool!

Nature: Impish
I'm going to start up a solo run with Grovyle on Heart Gold. All I've done so far is trade over a Treeko egg though.
Old September 28th, 2010, 07:14 AM
Roughsponge
Phenominal.

Update #8 (Not exactly fun to read but still ):

-Reached Olivine City & battled people in the lighthouse.
-Surfed down to the Cianwood city & beat the gym leader
-Taught Fly to pidgey
-Beat the Suicune stalker guy.
-Flew back to Olivine and gave the medicine to Amphy
-Battled Jasmine and lost a few times so I decided to leave that gym for the time being
-Went East from Ecruteak City to Mahogany town
-Knocked out the red gyrados & beat all the rockets in the hideout place
-Defeated Pryce fairly easily
-Flew back to Olivine and eventually beat Jasmine (with some lucky critical hits.. :D)
-Went to Goldenrod and did the whole rocket fiasco.
-Flew back to Mahogany and went East again to Blackthorn.
-Made my way through the Ice path
-Reached Blackthorn and defeated Clare quite easily (due to my amazingly lucky hidden power being dragon type, horay!)

Next onto Victory Road & the Pokemon league...

Static/Pikachu:

L56
Moves:
-Headbutt
-Hidden power
-Thunderbolt
-Thunder
Old September 28th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Sgt_Grovyle
-Not a Grovyle fool!

Nature: Impish
My first official Grovyle update

-After hatching my jolly nature Treeko, I boxed my Cyndaquil and began my adventure
-Trained Treeko to Lv. 7 on Route 29 and then grinded it out to Violet City
-Beat all the trainers in Sprout Tower
-Somehow managed to beat Falkner's Pidgeotto and got the first badge
-Made it to Azalea Town and managed to defeat Team Rocket
-Once again got lucky and defeated Bugsy who had the type advantage over me
-Made it through Ilex Forest and into Goldenrod City
-Battled a few trainers in the underground then defeated Whitney for my 3rd badge
-Arrived on Route 36 and caught the Sudowoodo that was blocking the way
-Decided to call it quits after making it into Ecruteak City

My Grovyle

L35
Quick Attack
Screech
Leaf Blade
Dig
Old September 28th, 2010, 12:42 PM
GoGoShinyDunsparce
And Flounderp too!

Nature: Lax
Hi guys! Add my name to the list please : )
I'm doing a Dunsparce solo run on Gold only (non-ultimate challenges go here too, right?).

I'm currently taking down the Kanto gym leaders with Garotte the Dunsparce

Moveset:
Headbutt (Sig move)
Glare
Screech
Iron Tail

Not a particularly inspired moveset, but it gets the job done.

Taking the E4 required a lot of Full Restores, but at least Garotte can take a hit even if his own atk isn't that great.
Just beat Erika, screenshots attached as proof.
Note the fainted HM slaves, I KO'd the poor guys against wild pokemon before entering the gym.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen 7.PNG‎ (2.1 KB, 3 views) (Save to Dropbox)
File Type: png Screen 8.PNG‎ (2.6 KB, 2 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old September 29th, 2010, 10:49 AM
Zash
Beginning Trainer

completed crystal with koffing, might have posted itt not sure.

Monotype progress : Electric: Y [X] C [] E [] P []

Starting: Doubles run : Lickitung + Jynx
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links