The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 22nd, 2010, 04:38 PM
CyberSamurai
Devoted Battler

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
i have to agree with cipher on the triads game. its freakin awesome!! i remember spending half a day just beating the crap out of some dude in it so i could get better cards. and having chose squirtle as my starter i find myself constantly saying in tough situations "Squirtle. Dont believe in yourself! Believe me that believes you! Who the hell do you think we are!!!" good times. gooooood times.

Challenges:
Ultiimate Monotype Poison: lg/fr-Complete!
hg/ss-Complete!
R/S/E-Awaiting Purchase

Old August 22nd, 2010, 09:41 PM
thepsynergist
A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
Hey cipher, here's your patch. Sorry for the wait. I've been busy like I said before. Just go into your Data folder and replace the given map with this one.

http://www.mediafire.com/?a66asr4rx3emwl0

map083.rxdata will be replaced and should work like a charm. The only problem is that there is no way to recover the item that you lost. Unless, you email me your save file, then I can add the dragonite pokeball to your inventory again and you can continue. Just let me know.

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/thepsynergist
Old August 24th, 2010, 04:25 AM
Cypher DS

Is the Dragonite pokeball necessary to advance the game later on? If not, I can probably do without.

Old August 24th, 2010, 07:54 AM
maditalian
Beginning Trainer

Glad to see this game is getting more attention. You guys have really put in a lot of work, and that needs to be recognized by the community.
Old August 24th, 2010, 10:41 AM
thepsynergist

Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
Quote:
Originally Posted by maditalian View Post
Glad to see this game is getting more attention. You guys have really put in a lot of work, and that needs to be recognized by the community.
Heh, it's been just me and my friend R-Taco. He does sprites and I do everything else :/

@CipherDS Unfortuneatly, yes. The way I organized the script is that you need the Pokeball to trigger the Event. Like I said, I could easily give you the ingame item. All I need is your save and I can import it. No use in starting the game all over again.

Old August 25th, 2010, 02:29 PM
Cypher DS

All right then, I'll e-mail you my files.

Old August 25th, 2010, 03:19 PM
Orangturttle
Magikarp MASTER!

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to Orangturttle Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Orangturttle Send a message via Yahoo to Orangturttle
Haha, it's been a while since I checked out your thread.
And you have a demo now! :D
Yay! Can't wait to try this out!
Keep up the good work!

Old August 26th, 2010, 07:29 PM
CyberSamurai
Devoted Battler

Nature: Calm
^for sure. i just wish my lappy was good enough to play any sort of game =[. oh well. my comp should be back up in a week or so. anyways keep up the good work! Well all be cheering for you guys!!

Challenges:
Ultiimate Monotype Poison: lg/fr-Complete!
hg/ss-Complete!
R/S/E-Awaiting Purchase

Old August 26th, 2010, 07:41 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
JUST WONDERING, BUT CAN I GET A SKELETANK IN THE DEMO?
Old August 26th, 2010, 08:35 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceDragonite View Post
JUST WONDERING, BUT CAN I GET A SKELETANK IN THE DEMO?

Not yet, but next demo, I will incorperate the evolution of Marowak to Skeletank. Reason being, he's way too powerful for you to access this early in the game. You will find the item required to level a little before the 7th gym.

Old August 26th, 2010, 08:38 PM
AceDragonite
Champion

Nature: Bold
^oh ok playing the demo right now, and it looks pretty good. I like the remixes a lot.
Old September 16th, 2010, 01:25 AM
RulerArceus
的なインターネッ の最高級!

Nature: Timid
The DEMO,Takes 500-Something MB?I only had about 399 or something.So this better be Smaller when you Finish.
And yeah, my friend hacked it. His DS got drenched in Orange Juice and he cant use it anymore.I put my Feraligatr up here to share the memory of my friends R4 and his SS that he's not really ever going to get a Chance to use again.EDIT: Oh wait, it started working again .
SUICUNE LV.30
EXTREMESPEED|AIR SLASH|AQUA RING|SHEER COLD|
My first ever event pokemon. I screamed like a little girl when I went on the Mystery Gift and actually got results.
OH MY GAWD *HYPERVENTILATION*
pretty much explains how I felt. I know a bunch of people that have better Events than me like the Lv. 100 Arceus or Celebi etc.
but it's still my first event and it has a special place in my heart.
Old September 19th, 2010, 05:04 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RulerArceus View Post
The DEMO,Takes 500-Something MB?I only had about 399 or something.So this better be Smaller when you Finish.
I've been trying to slim down the file size, but its hard when you have a video in avi format and the soundtrack is all mp3's. The max filesize I plan on having is 700mb so that I can distribute it on CD once its finished. Just know that is the MAX size it will ever be. I'll try to make it as small as possible. What I did already was make the bitrate of all the mp3's to 128kbps instead of the 192. That helped but the game will be large, I'm sorry.

Update: I'm starting work on mapping out the northwestern Kyushu region. Expect another demo by November if everything works out. I've been kinda busy making the soundtrack for CNG's Pokemon game.

Old September 21st, 2010, 07:24 PM
Cypher DS

Psynergist, who is your intended audience for this game?

Put another way, when a player picks up your game, what prior knowledge should they have to fully appreciate Pokemon Pyrite?

Old September 21st, 2010, 07:25 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cypher DS View Post
Psynergist, who is your intended audience for this game?

Put another way, when a player picks up your game, what prior knowledge should they have to fully appreciate Pokemon Pyrite?
Preteens to young adults. I'm 20 and I like it, so maybe about my age group max?

Old September 21st, 2010, 08:32 PM
Cypher DS

Mm, not quite what I was getting at. Now, obviously people with a prior interest in Pokemon are going to be trying out your game, but can any Pokemon fan play this game and fully understand it? Or should they watch certain episodes of the anime, read certain comic books or play a specific generation of the games to fully "get" what's happening in Pyrite?

Basically, I'm wondering whether Pyrite is a prequel to Pokemon Gold/Silver, or whether this is set in the middle of the manga storyline.

Old September 21st, 2010, 08:33 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
Mm, not quite what I was getting at. Now, obviously people with a prior interest in Pokemon are going to be trying out your game, but can any Pokemon fan play this game and fully understand it? Or should they watch certain episodes of the anime, read certain comic books or play a specific generation of the games to fully "get" what's happening in Pyrite?

Basically, I'm wondering whether Pyrite is a prequel to Pokemon Gold/Silver, or whether this is set in the middle of the manga storyline.
When I first started making Pyrite, I intended it to be a prequel, but since the game is almost nothing like the manga/anime its hard to place it in a timeline. I'm trying to make it work like a prequel, you'll see how it ties up in the end.

Old September 25th, 2010, 07:29 PM
Cypher DS

The reason I'm asking these questions, Psynergist, is because there are some very odd moments popping up in the storyline.

-When Silver first meets Lance, they recognize each other and Silver boasts about how he previously defeated the dragon trainer. When did this happen?

-Immediately after, Lance tells Silver that he's looking for the Mask of Ice, and Silver says something to the effect of, "What, the Mask of Ice? You mean that jerk who stole my memories?! Let me at him!"
If Silver cannot remember his memories, how does he remember that he cannot remember?
Furthermore, when you later meet Green and Blue, Silver is suddenly clueless about the Mask of Ice, and has to ask the other trainers to explain who this villain is.

Old September 25th, 2010, 07:31 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
The reason I'm asking these questions, Psynergist, is because there are some very odd moments popping up in the storyline.

-When Silver first meets Lance, they recognize each other and Silver boasts about how he previously defeated the dragon trainer. When did this happen?

-Immediately after, Lance tells Silver that he's looking for the Mask of Ice, and Silver says something to the effect of, "What, the Mask of Ice? You mean that jerk who stole my memories?! Let me at him!"
If Silver cannot remember his memories, how does he remember that he cannot remember?
Furthermore, when you later meet Green and Blue, Silver is suddenly clueless about the Mask of Ice, and has to ask the other trainers to explain who this villain is.

Oh, lol, I should fix that. He only remember's bits and pieces, or else he'd have no idea that he'd lost his memories. But, yeah, I agree, I need to fix the dialogue. Thanks for catching that for me.

Old September 27th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Cypher DS

One other thing I was curious about: traditionally, Professor Oak's grandson is named "Gary" or "Blue" in the games. How did you decide on the name Green?

Old September 27th, 2010, 05:41 PM
thepsynergist

Quote:
One other thing I was curious about: traditionally, Professor Oak's grandson is named "Gary" or "Blue" in the games. How did you decide on the name Green?
In the manga, his name was Green.

Old October 1st, 2010, 11:33 AM
thepsynergist

Okay, guys, I wanted to make an update to Pokemon Pyrite.

With the help of CNG, i've been getting a lot of fun new features in my Pokemon game, and in exchange I've been making the soundtrack for him game, Pokemon Almodine.

New features include:
A PokeGear with a Quest System embedded in it.
A mystery gift system that queries a server for a gift.

I hope this update helped. Oh, and i've made about 17 original tracks for CNG's new game so i've been pretty busy.

Last edited by thepsynergist; October 1st, 2010 at 11:58 AM.
Old October 5th, 2010, 04:09 PM
maditalian
Beginning Trainer

I have to say, this is certainly one of my favorite games because you know how to get things done quickly. Like I said before, people really need to give you more love in this thread.
Old October 5th, 2010, 05:02 PM
thepsynergist

It's funny, I think i'm going too slow. xD I've been on this project for over a year now. It's hard to manage a part time job, college and this game. I'm doing okay, considering.

Old October 8th, 2010, 04:35 PM
KaiVii
Mime Jr.

Nature: Quiet
Its going REALLY well, pacewise I like the quest addition!

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here