The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 27th, 2010, 03:08 PM
Alignment
Revered with the stars

Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Pokemon Celestium

Hack Information

Hack Name: Pokémon Celestium
ROM Base: Pokémon Fire Red
Date of commencement: February 2010
Language: English
Creator: Alignment
Beta 1: http://www.mediafire.com/?ks1b9rxmdzhc1av

Introduction:

First off, my name's Alignment, and I created this hack. I've been hacking for almost a week before my join date. A friend of mine got me into it before he quit, though he didn't give much guidance :P

When I started hacking, I was as good as any kid, so I tried spriting, and then going on to things like scripting. Since then, through reading tutorials, experimenting and the help of some friends, I've been able to gather the requirements to start a ROM Hack. This is actually my second, my first is somewhere hidden in the depths of my Recycling Bin (never to be recycled again though). That's about as much time I want to spend on myself, now to the hack :D
If you want to know about me more just VM :)

Story:

Spoiler:
Many people died, Pokémon had become tools that people no matter what age had started to use. Ever since planet Tyes collided with earth, Pokémon were over powered by strange new creatures. People still use Pokémon for battle, but regular Pokémon can’t stand even the slightest chance against their new counterparts locals refer to as “Emon”. In an attempt to extinguish these Emon, Pokémon trainers from across the globe fought in a war to over throw them, but failed miserably. Five years have passed since that time; memories of the events were vague to you. Your mother tells you continuous tales of your father, whom had taken part in this battle. As the days go by you hear the adults and elder of the town talking about some weird device that had the ability to “capture” Emon, but more importantly you heard your name and the name of one of your best friends in the chatter. The next day the town elder commands your presence in the ceremony hall. This had never occurred before, your mother packs you a lunch some Pokémon items and some other stuff, kisses you goodbye and starts to cry. You being only ten, have tears welling up in your eyes, your nervousness also takes over you as you run towards the ceremony hall, not looking back tears rushing through your eyes. You see your friend with a face similar to yours; evidently he probably faced the same thing at home. Your elder tells you that a scientist in your region had developed a special tool which allowed one to contain an Emon. Unfortunately there was only one ever created. Now the scientist had died in a battle against an Emon, but your elder believes that maybe he can clone the device, finally putting an end to the crisis. Luckily for you, the Emon infestation had yet to reach your village around a twenty mile radius. Your quest begins, with nothing more than a weak little Charmander, a pair of new running shoes, memories of your father, your will, and the light of hope shining on your back.

Notes:

- This takes place in Kanto

- Region map and maps are different, once a planet strikes it's obviously going to change, is it not?

- No, the entire game doesn't have a full on serious approuch, there will be a few parts (like a route or something), that's just normal.

- There are still trainers around, though the quantity depends on where you are

Funny stuff:

- This hack was going to be called Pokemon Tyes

- The Planet's name, Tyes, was derived from a typo of the word "Yes", during an MSN chat with a friend :P

- Thats all for now :D

Features:

Spoiler:

• New maps, scripts, tiles, HP box ect.[/SIZE][/FONT]
  • Running shoes from the start (in buildings as well)
  • Fakemon! (Emon)
  • Play through with limited resources
  • Side quests
  • Pokemon adoption
  • New and old HMs
  • A little ASM
  • Village guardian based events
  • Meet rival/friend later in the game
  • Hidden plot ( Yes, there is more)

Features yet to be implemented:

New Hero/heroine OWs/sprites
Elder OW
Create a Pokeball that can catch Emon [I don't need this immediately though]

Sprite work:

Spoiler:

You might notice some inconsistencies with the sprites, that's because I'm constantly changing/improving my abilities. Older sprites will be revisited.

Hero - WIP

Rival 1 - WIP

Rival 2

First gym leader

First line of Emon

First line evolved

Screenshots:

Spoiler:

Videos:

Spoiler:

I don't know how to make it appear on the page :(

http://romhacktube.com/video/O997B87...Pokemon-Script

Support banners:

This is the point where I wish I knew how to make those.

Created by TB Pro

Credits:

• Kyledove - Tiles
  • Wesley FG – Tiles
  • Dewitty – Tiles
  • NikaNoroU – Sprite editing
  • TB PRO - HP box, CSS, Support banner, being awesome
  • Cabe - Beta testing and ideas
  • Pokemonmasters - Beta testing
  • PinkishPurple - Beta testing

I'll probably have to increase this list as time goes by.

Ending:

Feel free to comment, on anything. I'm open to critism as long as it's valid. I'll update the thread/hack accordingly.

Last edited by Alignment; September 30th, 2012 at 08:42 AM. Reason: Updates
Old September 28th, 2010, 03:18 AM
miksy91
A GB/C Rom Hacker since 2010

Nature: Relaxed
The features you included (ASM and other stuff) & especially your attitude towards hacking - I really like 'em :D
Spoiler:
Through reading tutorials, experimenting and the help of some friends, I've been able to gather the requirements to start a ROM Hack

*The introduction was a BIG +

I may even put a support banner in my signature
Besides, if you feel like it, you could put a thread up in Skeetendo Inc. as well.

Hacks I support

Learn how to hack GB/C games:

Check my GameBoy/Color hacking videos in Youtube
-The video set uses Pokemon Silver (U) rom for demonstrations

Last edited by miksy91; September 28th, 2010 at 03:27 AM.
Old September 28th, 2010, 03:34 AM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
For the video you need to put it on Youtube and use the [YOUTUBE] thingy :P

That Mewtwo on the loadup screens looks pretty dark and threatening, so I'd have to give you a big plus for that. There are some discrepencies in your screenshots though - In some, the text is coloured whilst in others it is not. I know that it is black by default when you're in the middle of a script, but you might as well use the colour commands if you feel like going back ovver them.

Anyway, I hope this hack will succeed a prosper throughout its elongated life :P
Old September 28th, 2010, 03:46 AM
Alignment
Revered with the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by miksy91 View Post
The features you included (ASM and other stuff) & especially your attitude towards hacking - I really like 'em :D
Spoiler:
Through reading tutorials, experimenting and the help of some friends, I've been able to gather the requirements to start a ROM Hack

*The introduction was a BIG +

I may even put a support banner in my signature ;)
Besides, if you feel like it, you could put a thread up in Skeetendo Inc. as well.
As for the ASM bit, I'm still practicing :P

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the support :)

@Fuji- Yeah I'll fix them up soon. I got the dark bootscreen idea when you decided to leave me all alone in the dark D:
Yeah, thanks (I think).

Sprite Update:

Yes, sprite Updates deserve big titles.
I was gonna hold up on this and make a fake update in a few weeks

Spoiler:

I think it came out awesome :P

Some more other updates:

Spoiler:

Intro colors, maybe I'll changing it.

I forgot to take screenies of this area, but it's called "Cavern Pass". It leads to "Fault Cavern".

Fault Cavern itself. Yes I made the tiles :D

It's a trainer!

I though this battle'd be funny :P

Before Battle:

After I kick his butt:

I'll update the first post in a few minutes :)

Last edited by Alignment; September 28th, 2010 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Fuji Posted too :P
Old September 28th, 2010, 04:32 AM
Crimson Stardust
Anime Addiction

Send a message via AIM to Crimson Stardust Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Crimson Stardust
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alignment View Post
As for the ASM bit, I'm still practicing

Thanks a lot. I appreciate the support

@Fuji- Yeah I'll fix them up soon. I got the dark bootscreen idea when you decided to leave me all alone in the dark D:
Yeah, thanks (I think).

Sprite Update:

Yes, sprite Updates deserve big titles.
I was gonna hold up on this and make a fake update in a few weeks

Spoiler:

I think it came out awesome

Some more other updates:

Spoiler:

Intro colors, maybe I'll changing it.

I forgot to take screenies of this area, but it's called "Cavern Pass". It leads to "Fault Cavern".

Fault Cavern itself. Yes I made the tiles :D

It's a trainer!

I though this battle'd be funny

Before Battle:

After I kick his butt:

I'll update the first post in a few minutes
cool updates..
nice sprite you got there..
the fakemon is cool,its cute..xD
and screenshots is nice too..,and the battle part is really funny..hahax..

Old September 28th, 2010, 12:47 PM
Sora's Nobody
The Official Roxas

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Sora's Nobody
Cool! I like the story, even thought its pretty confusing. The features seemed interesting, thought there was nothing that made me say "Wow!" About them. Overall i see this game having alot of potential. I also like the palette you used, though from the story i would have thought it would be a dark and scary palette. Good job thought!

Sora's Nobody ★ Nothing Yet!
♠The Official Roxas♠ My Stuff:

Old September 28th, 2010, 04:31 PM
Omega Zero
Is back...
Community Supporter Tier 4

Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero
(offtopic)LOL i've seen this somewhere *cough dilshan i just rememberd it's you *cough thanks for letting me beta test*

anyways... the tiles you've sprited are cool and i like your intro too keep it up!
Old September 28th, 2010, 04:40 PM
Rezah
justicykes
Community Supporter

Just a note...
Spoiler:

If you're going by the standards of FireRed mapping, then you've got yourself a tile error: the tile the player and the NPC are standing on. The 'middle' bit of a mountain, the bit that's often used as a border block isn't ever walkable in FireRed; there's usually another tile. That's completely up to you, however.

Pokémon Tyrian Developer

Hello! Please, drop me a visitor message if you want to chat! I'd love to talk to more people!

Follow me for updates on my game and various other things!
Old September 28th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Alignment
Revered with the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson Stardust View Post
cool updates..
nice sprite you got there..
the fakemon is cool,its cute..xD
and screenshots is nice too..,and the battle part is really funny..hahax..
Glad you liked them.
I wanted the Fakemon to come across as a little more deadly than cute :/
I think a little humur here and there is fine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sora's Nobody View Post
Cool! I like the story, even thought its pretty confusing. The features seemed interesting, thought there was nothing that made me say "Wow!" About them. Overall i see this game having alot of potential. I also like the palette you used, though from the story i would have thought it would be a dark and scary palette. Good job thought!
Really? I thought it was pretty simple, but it guess it can be viewed as complex. As for the pals, I think you missed this part:
Quote:
Luckily for you, the Emon infestation had yet to reach your village around a twenty mile radius.
When I'm there I'm going to make/use a completely new Tileset.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Zero View Post
(offtopic)LOL i've seen this somewhere *cough dilshan i just rememberd it's you *cough thanks for letting me beta test*

anyways... the tiles you've sprited are cool and i like your intro too keep it up!
If you're going to use my name, it's a proper noun. As for the intro, all I did was edit the pallette
Thanks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Just a note...
Spoiler:

If you're going by the standards of FireRed mapping, then you've got yourself a tile error: the tile the player and the NPC are standing on. The 'middle' bit of a mountain, the bit that's often used as a border block isn't ever walkable in FireRed; there's usually another tile. That's completely up to you, however.
I think I'll just leave it like that for now. If I get too many complaints, I'll leave it like that and make a new one for the border

Thanks for the comments. Though no one touched up on the "Possible ideas" section (I need some more opinions on that). I'll probably have some sort of update in a few days. I could give one now, but it won't be as high in quality. I just realized I credited Wesley FG even though I didn't use his stuff yet. I will soon though
Old September 28th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Rezah
justicykes
Community Supporter

Well if you're looking for some thoughts on the possible ideas bit; I'll give it a go.

Adopting lost Pokémon
It depends on how you execute this. Perhaps important characters may lose their Pokémon and you'll have a chance to adopt them... I'm not sure, this is pretty vague.

Meet your father
This sounds interesting if you can develop it into the plot. But for you to just randomly meet him after five years of him being disappeared, then it just doesn't sound worth adding in.

Other People on the same mission
You got a 'yes' from me on this one. Constant characters are always a nice thing to have around you as a player, especially if you can compare yourself to them, and they have some decent character growth.

Day and Night system
My personal opinion is that you shouldn't bother. It doesn't add anything spectacular to game play, nor does not having one subtract anything.
Old September 28th, 2010, 09:56 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

My ideas...

1. Adopt a Pokemon: Could be, like the one above me said, something with important characters losing their pokemon. And instead of adopting, what about battling it and catching it? That way it is kind of challenging also...

2. Meet your father: Make it something important, or make it a finale kind of thing. Like he is the final boss after you beat Elite Four

3. Other people on the same mission: I like this a lot, you can even make double battles with this. Where you can control both his and your pokemon. Would be so interesting

4. Day and Night System: Seems like a waste of time to me
Old September 29th, 2010, 05:05 AM
shrekwilliam
Beginning Trainer

hi i love the pokemon you made i thought you could make a goat pokemon called gouet or golain ect
adoption yes i though about that too like quater way through the game brock bumps into you and about 3 places (counts routes) you find a pokemon and you give it brock and half way through the game it like level 40's and brock lets you have it if you find him an item for his breeding skills?
Old September 29th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Alignment
Revered with the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daedalus View Post
Well if you're looking for some thoughts on the possible ideas bit; I'll give it a go.

Adopting lost Pokémon
It depends on how you execute this. Perhaps important characters may lose their Pokémon and you'll have a chance to adopt them... I'm not sure, this is pretty vague.

Meet your father
This sounds interesting if you can develop it into the plot. But for you to just randomly meet him after five years of him being disappeared, then it just doesn't sound worth adding in.

Other People on the same mission
You got a 'yes' from me on this one. Constant characters are always a nice thing to have around you as a player, especially if you can compare yourself to them, and they have some decent character growth.

Day and Night system
My personal opinion is that you shouldn't bother. It doesn't add anything spectacular to game play, nor does not having one subtract anything.
I pretty much strongly agree with what you said. It's not adopting lost Pokemon it's more like adopting Pokemon whose owners have died. I already decided to add some people who have the same mission yesterday. I think it's a great addition so far

Thanks for your input.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomackze View Post
My ideas...

1. Adopt a Pokemon: Could be, like the one above me said, something with important characters losing their pokemon. And instead of adopting, what about battling it and catching it? That way it is kind of challenging also...

2. Meet your father: Make it something important, or make it a finale kind of thing. Like he is the final boss after you beat Elite Four

3. Other people on the same mission: I like this a lot, you can even make double battles with this. Where you can control both his and your pokemon. Would be so interesting

4. Day and Night System: Seems like a waste of time to me
The Day and Night, it's as easy as hitting "implement". It's not really going to waste time literally. I don't think I'll be adding it even so. I'm pretty sure there isn't going to be an elite four, the plot just doesn't call for that kinda thing. The double battle idea is pretty much beyond anything I could do right now. I don't think it's a good idea to have the ability to control another's Pokemon.

Thanks for the review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrekwilliam View Post
hi i love the pokemon you made i thought you could make a goat pokemon called gouet or golain ect
adoption yes i though about that too like quater way through the game brock bumps into you and about 3 places (counts routes) you find a pokemon and you give it brock and half way through the game it like level 40's and brock lets you have it if you find him an item for his breeding skills?
I don't take spriting requests. It's all practice for spriting (everyone starts off bad). As for the rest of your post, I don't understand what you're trying to say (I don't see where Brock comes into this) :/

Progress:
I didn't get to work on it yesterday for long (Homework). So I just started on scripting some more stuff and mapping. I did finish the route outside of fault cavern though.
Screenie:
Old September 30th, 2010, 04:12 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Looks good Dilshan Alignment. I would like to see more along the lines of scripts, rather than maps, though. Anyways, good luck!
Old September 30th, 2010, 06:10 PM
Alignment
Revered with the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB Pro View Post
Looks good Dilshan Alignment. I would like to see more along the lines of scripts, rather than maps, though. Anyways, good luck!
I can see through the strike tag you know. I'll post a video of some scripts later. I just don't like waiting hours for them to upload. Maybe a video of that entire Charmander thing :)
Thanks for the comment.

Sprite Update:

I made some OWs a while ago. Today I had our wonderful slave,NikaNoroU, fixed up its hair. Credits to him for that. Yeah, I'm going to make a girl soon too. So here it is, rival #2:

Possibly more to come~

Other Updates:

I picture before Fault Cavern, I forgot to post it.

Yes, it's a town :D

Inside a house

Marvin the Smash master. I'll leave what he said for you guys to think about. Yes, it's a side quest :D
I'm currently working on scripting the rest of the town. I think it's going great so far :)

I'll edit the first post sometime soon with the new stuff. I also added some things in the "Possible Ideas section". Looks like other people on the same mission is now a feature ;D
I've also decided to keep Pokemon adoption :)

At this point I'm going to take in names for trainers that you come across in the game. Please format your idea like this:

Code:
Trainer name: Rawr
Before Battle: Rawr
Defeat: You beat my Rawr
After Battle: My rawr is still developing!
Please nothing ridiculous. No names with numbers, or names like "Pokemaz Ruler". If you can't fill in the entire thing, don't fill in anything. Any contribution will be taken into consideration. I'll Post some more updates accordingly ;D
Old September 30th, 2010, 06:21 PM
TB Pro
Old-timer

Trainer name: Jess
Before Battle: This thing? This thing here? I believe it's called a "Pokeman".
Defeat: NO MY POKEMANZ!
After Battle: Oh, they're called Pokemon...

Last edited by TB Pro; September 30th, 2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old September 30th, 2010, 06:22 PM
Omega Zero
Is back...
Community Supporter Tier 4

Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero
Quote:
I can see through the strike tag you know. I'll post a video of some scripts later. I just don't like waiting hours for them to upload. Maybe a video of that entire Charmander thing
Thanks for the comment.

Sprite Update:

I made some OWs a while ago. Today I had our wonderful slave,NikaNoroU, fixed up its hair. Credits to him for that. Yeah, I'm going to make a girl soon too. So here it is, rival #2:

Possibly more to come~

Other Updates:

I picture before Fault Cavern, I forgot to post it.

Yes, it's a town :D

Inside a house

Marvin the Smash master. I'll leave what he said for you guys to think about. Yes, it's a side quest :D
I'm currently working on scripting the rest of the town. I think it's going great so far

I'll edit the first post sometime soon with the new stuff. I also added some things in the "Possible Ideas section". Looks like other people on the same mission is now a feature ;D
I've also decided to keep Pokemon adoption

At this point I'm going to take in names for trainers that you come across in the game. Please format your idea like this:

Code:
Trainer name: Rawr
Before Battle: Rawr
Defeat: You beat my Rawr
After Battle: My rawr is still developing!
Please nothing ridiculous. No names with numbers, or names like "Pokemaz Ruler". If you can't fill in the entire thing, don't fill in anything. Any contribution will be taken into consideration. I'll Post some more updates accordingly ;D
Cool looking piccies and looking forward :D

Trainer name: Auron
Before Battle: hmph weakling
Defeat: Just a fluke
After Battle: go away!
Old September 30th, 2010, 07:00 PM
countryemo
The Day I've been running from
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to countryemo
Trainer name: Ace Trainer(?) Alex
Before Battle: This Battle is over
Defeat: Like I said!
After Battle: Wait, I lost?
~Feel free to change whatever buddy ;P
--------------

The screenshots look promising, the cave is eh, low mountains?
oh wait i should read the story to.
Wait a second, i remember this xD still it is good,
Good luck!
ill be keeping out for this

Old September 30th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Ooh, sounds like fun!
Name: Smuggler (That bandit guy with the sack of Pokeballs over his shoulder) Jerome
Before: Yo, my homeboy! Lemme hold a dollar!
Defeat: Yo man, that ain't mush!
After: Can I still get that dollar?
Old September 30th, 2010, 08:30 PM
nasonex
is trying to learn how to hack

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to nasonex Send a message via Yahoo to nasonex
Nice maps Alignment! But maybe you should replace
the FR grass with HGSS grass maybe?

Anyways, i hope to see more on scripting cause I
can see that the maps look great and I hope that
the scripts are the same..

Trainer name: Nasonex (Guitarist) the trainer with the guitar? i don't know his name.. >.<
Before Battle: I am at the top of the world!
Defeat: Why? Did I fall or something?
After Battle: Oh... I never got to the top...

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by nasonex; October 1st, 2010 at 01:16 AM. Reason: Trainer Sprite
Old September 30th, 2010, 11:51 PM
NiKaNoRoU
Dedicated to Thrace

Hai hai, good stuff there Alignment.
By the way, you have tile errors in this screen (misplaced the chairs).

Also, about trainers:

Trainer name: Barry (preferably a hiker)
Before Battle: Hey! do you like hiking, too?
Defeat: Guess not!
After Battle: I can see that you are more keen on battling than hiking.

Your knight from the plane of light
Old October 1st, 2010, 04:00 AM
DrFuji
repeat repeat repeat
Community Supporter

Nature: Jolly
Quote:
Gyms have basically died out? I think I died a little on the inside... D:

I don't know why I didn't realise this earlier, bu the sign's pallete isn't that great. I know that you're using the mountain pallete on the sign, and believe me it looks great on the mountain, but the colours you have used for the sign remind me of a big pile of poo. Don't swap the palletes or anything, just use some of the lighter colours to make it look nicer :D

Trainer name: Dez - (Scientist pl0x)
Before Battle: Do you know about the soil composition around here?
Defeat: Why doesn't anybody give a hoot about soil anymore?
After Battle: I think I lost my notes...
Old October 1st, 2010, 01:16 PM
Alignment
Revered with the stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omega Zero View Post

Cool looking piccies and looking forward :D

Trainer name: Auron
Before Battle: hmph weakling
Defeat: Just a fluke
After Battle: go away!
Thanks. I like the Trainer name. Though I'm going to adjust the text (not long enough).

Quote:
Originally Posted by countryemo View Post
Trainer name: Ace Trainer(?) Alex
Before Battle: This Battle is over
Defeat: Like I said!
After Battle: Wait, I lost?
~Feel free to change whatever buddy ;P
--------------

The screenshots look promising, the cave is eh, low mountains?
oh wait i should read the story to.
Wait a second, i remember this xD still it is good,
Good luck!
ill be keeping out for this
Thanks man. I think I'm going to adjust the text on your trainer as well, short text looks lazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
Ooh, sounds like fun!
Name: Smuggler (That bandit guy with the sack of Pokeballs over his shoulder) Jerome
Before: Yo, my homeboy! Lemme hold a dollar!
Defeat: Yo man, that ain't mush!
After: Can I still get that dollar?
Sounds good. I'll use this

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasonex View Post
Nice maps Alignment! But maybe you should replace
the FR grass with HGSS grass maybe?

Anyways, i hope to see more on scripting cause I
can see that the maps look great and I hope that
the scripts are the same..

Trainer name: Nasonex (Guitarist) the trainer with the guitar? i don't know his name.. >.<
Before Battle: I am at the top of the world!
Defeat: Why? Did I fall or something?
After Battle: Oh... I never got to the top...
My scripts are actually pretty good (in comparison with other hacks I've played). I'll make a video of a script soon. Look in my video section in the main thread (It's a link to the adopt a Pokemon thing). I'll make another soon. I like you trainer thing, I'll use it

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKaNoRoU View Post
Hai hai, good stuff there Alignment.
By the way, you have tile errors in this screen (misplaced the chairs).

Also, about trainers:

Trainer name: Barry (preferably a hiker)
Before Battle: Hey! do you like hiking, too?
Defeat: Guess not!
After Battle: I can see that you are more keen on battling than hiking.
Thanks for pointing it out. I didn't even notice while playing myself
I'll see what I can do with the hiker. Fault Cavern is pretty nice with the amount of hikers there is, but I'll add one just outside ;D

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFuji View Post
Gyms have basically died out? I think I died a little on the inside... D:

I don't know why I didn't realise this earlier, bu the sign's pallete isn't that great. I know that you're using the mountain pallete on the sign, and believe me it looks great on the mountain, but the colours you have used for the sign remind me of a big pile of poo. Don't swap the palletes or anything, just use some of the lighter colours to make it look nicer :D

Trainer name: Dez - (Scientist pl0x)
Before Battle: Do you know about the soil composition around here?
Defeat: Why doesn't anybody give a hoot about soil anymore?
After Battle: I think I lost my notes...
Well, the only reason there is a Gym in this town is because Smash master won't give you the HM until you beat the leader. I see what you're saying about the sign, you want it lighter right?

I like the name trainer idea ;D

Updates:

The guy outside the gym. Can't have a gym without 'em.

I skipped the rest of the gym, don't want to spoil. OW is changing, also the gym tiles, maybe.

After I win. You could guess the gym element off this. Plus the fact it's the Flare Badge (For which I'm going to make a custom badge symbol.

After the gym.

After you beat the gym and exit

Probably going to be the first place you encounter high Emon activity. I've already planned everything for this. You're going to have to get through Lost forest first.

My Pokemon team at this point was:
Charmeleon Lvl 19
Diglett Lvl 7
Staryu Lvl 15
I didn't do any level grinding, and I adopted the Staryu ;D
Diglett is my Rock Smash minion by the way.

I also plan on taking away trade evolutions so you could evolve Pokemon without the need to trade. I kind of want to put in complete evolutions of all the Kanto Pokemon. This includes Pokemon like Igglybuff and Electrivire. Just the ones that are evolutions based on Kanto Pokemon.
Your thoughts about those?

Thanks for all the comments guys. I'll take in about 2-3 more trainers, and that should be it.
Old October 1st, 2010, 05:44 PM
nasonex
is trying to learn how to hack

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to nasonex Send a message via Yahoo to nasonex
Wow Alignment, I'm really impressed! Very nice
Updates. Now I know that you're a great advance
scripter.

I'm seeing that your progress is going very well. I
wonder what the gym holds for us?

I like the looks of the gym. It's kinda metallic/machine
or modern theme? I based it on the way it looks and
the color of the metals, gray...

Anyways, another two thumbs up for this man! (b' ')b

I hope to see more and Good luck on this! :D

EDIT: And Thank you for also choosing my trainer! Appreciate it!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.

Last edited by nasonex; October 1st, 2010 at 05:46 PM. Reason: Forgot to say Thanks
Old October 1st, 2010, 06:33 PM
~Trebuh~
Jiggles, The legendary fairy

Nature: Quiet
Nice work dude!
The tiles and palettes are great! Especially the cave ones.
And so is that wicked intro screen :]
The Hp bars may also need some palette editing, but it still looks good
that way. Keep it up =)

And oh I almost forgot =)
Trainer name: Ralph
Before Battle: Oh, a kid. An easy win.
Defeat: I didn't see that one coming...
After Battle: I lost because i wasn't really looking..

Sponsored Links

Advertise here