Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Pokémon Gaming Central
Notices

Pokémon Gaming Central For topics that aren't necessarily restricted to one game, Pokémon Gaming Central ranges from comparing and contrasting the differences in the gaming generations to discussing the gaming franchise as a whole.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 21st, 2010, 09:52 AM
Blaque
[ B L A C K ]

Advertise here
It is odd of me to say that the back sprites of these Pokémon is what makes me like some of them even more than before? I've always loved the Treecko evolutionary line, but Grovyle and Sceptile's back sprites are really well done. I didn't think it was possible for me to like them even more.

Swampert's back sprite is pure win though!

I've been a fan of Mijumaru since the start. The sprites for his evolutions is what makes me like them even more - especially with actual confirmation and a change from the leaked artwork. But, the second stage sprite is both cute and cool. Still wishes it's main body was white, like Mijumaru, but I can live with it.
Old September 24th, 2010, 08:03 AM
Mickeycricky
Mickeycricky

Nature: Gentle
Can I get a WTF. Charizard is one of my favorite Pokemon and this just doesn't do it justice XD
Old September 24th, 2010, 11:24 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
No way, hon! That's my favorite sprite of all time! :) Haha, no joke either. I just really like it for some reason. XD Something about that sprite makes me love it...probably because it gives a good laugh. :P But Charizard sure has had some good sprites since then, so his justice was served. Nothing to fear. :P

Quote:
It is odd of me to say that the back sprites of these Pokémon is what makes me like some of them even more than before? I've always loved the Treecko evolutionary line, but Grovyle and Sceptile's back sprites are really well done. I didn't think it was possible for me to like them even more.

Swampert's back sprite is pure win though!

I've been a fan of Mijumaru since the start. The sprites for his evolutions is what makes me like them even more - especially with actual confirmation and a change from the leaked artwork. But, the second stage sprite is both cute and cool. Still wishes it's main body was white, like Mijumaru, but I can live with it.
Yeah, I agree. :) The starters for all previous generations were done ~fantastically~ You're not the last poster in this thread anymore, Hiiro!

paired to crono
Old September 24th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Mickeycricky
Mickeycricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
No way, hon! That's my favorite sprite of all time! Haha, no joke either. I just really like it for some reason. XD Something about that sprite makes me love it...probably because it gives a good laugh. But Charizard sure has had some good sprites since then, so his justice was served. Nothing to fear.
It IS kind of luring for some odd reason lol. I think it may be because it looks soooo weird and out of place that it keeps a place on everyone's memory it ALWAYS cracks me up when I see it just because.....idk it's so weird looking to me! I think my favorite sprite of Charizard is the HG/SS and the FireRed/Leafgreen. It's a pretty close tie.
Old September 25th, 2010, 08:04 AM
Ayselipera

We'll since we're now mentioning Black and White sprites I just have to say Jolteon's new sprite does it so much justice. Now I can erase its HGSS sprite from out of my memory<333

- HGSS

- BW
Old September 25th, 2010, 10:33 AM
Mickeycricky
Mickeycricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayselipera View Post
We'll since we're now mentioning Black and White sprites I just have to say Jolteon's new sprite does it so much justice. Now I can erase its HGSS sprite from out of my memory<333

- HGSS

- BW
I feel like they look extremely similar...
Old September 25th, 2010, 11:16 AM
Ayselipera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickeycricky View Post
I feel like they look extremely similar...
My thoughts were that the face is positioned better now. In the older sprite its left eye almost looks like its nose. In the newer sprite you can actually tell apart the eyes from the nose.

At least that's what I see!
Old September 25th, 2010, 11:23 AM
Mickeycricky
Mickeycricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayselipera View Post
My thoughts were that the face is positioned better now. In the older sprite its left eye almost looks like its nose. In the newer sprite you can actually tell apart the eyes from the nose.

At least that's what I see!
I think they should have used the head from newer one and then the body from the older one
Old September 25th, 2010, 11:42 AM
Itstoppedatumbreon
Destroying Zubats since 1996

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Itstoppedatumbreon
Sceptile looks too skinny somehow.
Charizard backsprite is awsome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old September 25th, 2010, 11:49 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

WHOA. Major improvement on Jolteon. That is...really one of the best Jolteon sprites, and that's coming from someone who loves Jolty's Green sprite more than anything. lol They don't look too similar, imo.

paired to crono
Old September 25th, 2010, 11:51 AM
ManhattanTheStarr
eeeeyup

Nature: Quirky
Wooooah, Medicham's sprite looks SO different... /sarcasm

-Platinum/HGSS
-B/W

...Wut? D: I think I actually preferred Platinum/HGSS's instead. T_T
Or maybe the original Ruby/Sapphire one. :<

EDIT: WOOOOW, I just noticed this. They used the Diamond/Pearl sprite's head, and just flipped the Platinum one's body the other way around.
Yeah, that's really cool Game Freak. u_u
Old September 25th, 2010, 01:02 PM
mal'akh
Hate this place. Gone for good

HG/SS
B/W
Did'ja gain some weight there, Clefairy?

Old September 26th, 2010, 12:36 AM
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mal'akh View Post
HG/SS
B/W
Did'ja gain some weight there, Clefairy?
Oh... my... XD
Clefairy, what happened to you?!?! XD

I really like Mamepato's sprite! It looks sprited really well, and I just really like it! :D
Old September 26th, 2010, 01:51 AM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

I agree. :) I like BURD (that's its name) a lot better than Starly. And it's got a ballin' sprite to boot, so that makes everything better. Looking at it makes me want to catch one now.

paired to crono
Old September 26th, 2010, 04:58 AM
Adventure
do it my o w n way

Nature: Naive
Burd (????) and Starly look exactly alike to me.... I don't like any of them. Pidgey is the way to go!

Jolteon's sprite has gotten worser and worser... until B/W. Now it finally looks like it's got fur!

And Clefairy, omg... XD lol
Old September 29th, 2010, 07:39 PM
mal'akh
Hate this place. Gone for good

I like Burd. I think Pidgey's cuter, but Burd ain't bad. Much better than Starly was. >.>
But it may be the fact of my grandpa raising pigeons that I actually like the pigeon Pokemon. (even if it does become a pheasant)
Burds final form though...with that pink mask face....no.

Old September 30th, 2010, 10:48 AM
Charmageddon
Charizard has evolved into ^

I actually love Mamepato's final form. I was a bit "meh" with the first two in the line, but I love that final one.
"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites."
- Karen, Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal

Old October 1st, 2010, 03:48 PM
NiKaNoRoU
Dedicated to Thrace

Hey. For a moment I thought it was a different pokemon. This is one of the major sprite changes (and I gotta say it's pretty good, too).

Your knight from the plane of light
Old October 1st, 2010, 06:16 PM
Mickeycricky
Mickeycricky

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKaNoRoU View Post

Hey. For a moment I thought it was a different pokemon. This is one of the major sprite changes (and I gotta say it's pretty good, too).
Wow I REALLY like that sprite!! A million times better than the other ones.
Old October 1st, 2010, 08:47 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiKaNoRoU View Post

Well, it's about time Linoone got a new sprite. It had the same one for, like, the past 7 years.

Old October 2nd, 2010, 02:01 AM
Rainbow-Sasuke
300 Posts be the 15th?

Nature: Relaxed
I'm going to talk about Sceptile now.

R/S/E:

D/P/P and HG/SS:

B/W:

From R/S/E to B/W, this is the worst sprite update in history. The R/S/E Sceptile is my favourite. D/P/Pt/HG/SS doesn't appeal to me because I don't like the pose. B/W, what happened here?
Team Black:

Currently Playing: Soul Silver, Blue, Dragon Ball: Advance Adventure(<3)

Currently Reading: Goosebumps: Say Cheese and Die! Join!
Old October 2nd, 2010, 06:03 AM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow-Sasuke View Post

R/S/E:

D/P/P and HG/SS:

B/W:

From R/S/E to B/W, this is the worst sprite update in history. The R/S/E Sceptile is my favourite. D/P/Pt/HG/SS doesn't appeal to me because I don't like the pose. B/W, what happened here?
Wow. In my opinion the Gen. IV sprite of Sceptile looks the best. =] In Gen. V it looked like a Sceptile went on a diet or something. o.O
Old October 2nd, 2010, 06:51 AM
Charmageddon
Charizard has evolved into ^

DPPt Sceptile is my favourite too. It looks a lot less passive and more dangerous than the other two.
"Strong Pokemon. Weak Pokemon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favourites."
- Karen, Pokemon Gold, Silver and Crystal

Old October 2nd, 2010, 06:54 AM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow-Sasuke View Post

R/S/E:

D/P/P and HG/SS:

B/W:

Now that Sceptile's R/S/E and B/W sprites are put together, I can't help but compare both of them. They have similar poses, but the B/W sprite looks like it slimmed down a bit. I actually like Sceptile's B/W sprite.

Old October 6th, 2010, 07:23 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

RSE Sceptile lacks pizazz, and BW Sceptile is super skinny and kinda "hay guyz -flails hands-" Gen IV wins for Sceptile imo.

Also, the Linoone is ~adorable~

paired to crono
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here