The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 30th, 2010, 11:29 PM
gcngamer128
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Bold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majerboy View Post
Can you re-catch mankey/primeape i didn't have any pokeballs?
I couldn't even figure out how to catch him. I all ready had a primate in my party though, you find them right before Cerulean City I believe. Since it was my own personal Primate, I didn't opt to give it away to the fighting gym.
Old September 30th, 2010, 11:30 PM
gcngamer128
Beginning Trainer

Another recommendation would be if you could put a computer next to the Nurse Joy on the S.S. Anne, I forgot my Butterfree and couldn't trade for the Raticate.

If you do trade Butterfree, when does the opportunity to trade it back show up?
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:02 AM
sky_queen3
Minusle Fangirl. ;)

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcngamer128 View Post
Another recommendation would be if you could put a computer next to the Nurse Joy on the S.S. Anne, I forgot my Butterfree and couldn't trade for the Raticate.

If you do trade Butterfree, when does the opportunity to trade it back show up?
I don't think is one. (Although this Raticate has become very usful to me.)
Old October 1st, 2010, 06:48 AM
P_S_B
Frontier Brain

Nature: Adamant
Ratic8 (yes, that's its name) can be traded back to Brooke after you have beaten Team Rocket on the lower deck, but before the ship capsizes.

He'll even trade you a second Butterfree if you trade him a random Raticate and didn't trade Butterfree earlier.

While we're on the topic of the St. Anne, there's a glitch in the 'sailing away' animation in that the smoke and ripples are way above where they should be in relation to the ship.

Name: [Flareth]
Owner: [P_S_B]
Interests: [Trains, Glitches, Bad Eggs and female flareons]
Get one yourself!
Old October 1st, 2010, 07:25 AM
metapod23
Hardened Trainer

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Teh Panda~ View Post
Well if you want someone to insert some new tiles and refine maps then I could help a bit aside from the time I spend at school / on my hack I would be glad to help you out with graphics a little, and yes I forgot to mention your scripting is quite nice.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrunch View Post
Really, no one was interested? I could help, if you need it. Anyway, I agree with Teh Panda, the mapping really does need work. :3
Anyone's welcome to refine maps or submit new tiles. I can insert them myself, just PM a link to the files, or submit to my team thread:

Team AnimeHax

Full credit will be given if they are used. Just keep in mind that any maps re-done should reflect the routes in the anime (Route 1 needs a river and a lake for that reason, for instance) and any tiles should not be too 3-Dish, as I think the 2-D style is more representative of the anime.

I'm still taking a break, but the bug is starting to come back to me, so I might start work on the game again soon.
Old October 1st, 2010, 03:23 PM
d.gray.man

I think you should make cities bigger, like in the anime
Old October 1st, 2010, 03:48 PM
gcngamer128
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by d.gray.man View Post
How big could a city in a video game be? I think they're fine.
Old October 1st, 2010, 10:26 PM
Mark975
AllStar Spriter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
its a rom game if it is was much bigger then it would probably like horrible
Old October 1st, 2010, 11:00 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

congrats on the HOTM. You deserve it
Old October 1st, 2010, 11:30 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
I don't see a point... If cities were to be expanded in size people would complain that there are non-used space because Metapod couldn't put events in there because they did not occur in anime.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 2nd, 2010, 03:54 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Congrats metapod...ashgray was one of the first hacks I played..I'm very happy and you should be happy too
Old October 2nd, 2010, 10:07 AM
Smeargle2
Beginning Trainer

Well, I started playing this a while ago, and besides extreme difficulty with beating Sabrina, I haven't been truly stuck until now. I can't figure out how to get into the Fuchsia Gym. Also, I'm using only Ash's Pokemon from the anime, when he got them, when he evolved them, and when he released them.

Anyways, this is a simply amazing game, with very few glitches, I'm so glad I didn't miss it.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 02:12 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

The puzzle is hard but you have to figure it out from there... I believe it is going behind the statue and pressing B. Cause it says something like "press cancel from behind"
Old October 2nd, 2010, 09:05 PM
d.gray.man

don't you think is weird that there is only one normal house on vermilion CITY
Old October 2nd, 2010, 09:10 PM
d.gray.man

I mean how can a city just have 2 houses and a port, even lavander town has more houses
Old October 3rd, 2010, 10:43 AM
Rap
Beginning Trainer

why do you no put new sprites?
for example a pikachu for D and P edition.
Old October 4th, 2010, 05:32 AM
Bankaisnotgreat
Beginning Trainer

how to catch squrtle there is no way to figure out iwent through the cave but i couldnt find it
Old October 4th, 2010, 03:45 PM
gcngamer128
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bankaisnotgreat View Post
how to catch squrtle there is no way to figure out iwent through the cave but i couldnt find it
Use the Old Rod that was just given to you, but you MUST have an empty spot in your party to get Squirtle.
Old October 4th, 2010, 05:07 PM
Baronnecro
AKA TolerantX

Nature: Careful
is this game still getting updated? i like it.
Old October 5th, 2010, 12:00 AM
gcngamer128
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
I don't see a point... If cities were to be expanded in size people would complain that there are non-used space because Metapod couldn't put events in there because they did not occur in anime.
I agree, making the cities bigger would just be unnecessary. What exactly would be done with all of those extra buildings? Plus, thinking about monotonous phrases for additional people to say wouldn't be too worth while; do you really talk to every NPC who doesn't have anything to do with the main part of the game?

Making the cities bigger would also make the game unnecessarily larger, playing the game I thought the city size was perfect as is.
Old October 5th, 2010, 05:41 AM
Baronnecro
AKA TolerantX

to elaborate on my earlier comment... I really liek this Hack I think it's one of the best ever made... when i was a teen (and pokemon was first released) I wished hoped, prayed there would be a graphically decent pokemon series make. yellow never did it justice IMO. thank you.. please keep it up.. I'm literally watching the old series (season 1) as a walkthru for your game. GREAT IDEA! I will extensively playest this hack as well as DarkViolet. (and if Pure Gold is ever Released) (or a Crystal hack thats good, if i ever find one or someone makes one)
Old October 6th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronnecro View Post
is this game still getting updated? i like it.
Of course it is But Metapod is taking break =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rap View Post
why do you no put new sprites?
for example a pikachu for D and P edition.
That'd be pretty meaningless and it would only add unnecessary work for Metapod.

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 6th, 2010, 09:26 PM
smilewolfy
pokemon photographer

Nature: Rash
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to smilewolfy
i love this hack, my favourite 1 ever, but theres a few things i'd like to see improved, vermillion city should have a couple more buildings, not many, just 3 or 4, it doesn't feel like a city, porta vista and maiden's peak also need small towns with them, maiden's peak and the butterfree event need to be further apart, gringy city really needs more buildings IMO, it's a city after all, gringy city needs to be seperated from the guy talking about diglets with route, sunny town and the house of imite need to be seperated, the event where ash is in the ice cave should be between the house of imite and pikachu's forest, not at the north pole, stone town should be a town with the mansion at the end of it, and the should be seperated from the snorlax event, the town with the snorlax event should have more buildings, mossgreen village needs more buildings, as well as neon town, grandpa canyon needs to be a little bigger, and seperated from the hospital, the hospital should be seperated from james's mansion, and that needs to be seperated from the farfetchd event, the farfetchd forest needs a lake and police station, that needs to be seperated from the togepi event, when you get your pokedex upgraded, that should be in a pokemon centre in a town, the same town where you battle misty, bulbasaur's garden needs to be on a grassy mountain, the whole event, even the battle with the hiker, the princess festival should be in a city, even if it's small, and should be seperated from the preschool, well that's what i think should be done about the game, i'm fine with it though, these are just what i think could improve it, i've read previous posts about people wanting it bigger but it would waste too much time making it, but i feel that the towns and cities i mentioned desperately need more buildings and to be seperated, especially route 20, it seems too cramped, sorry for the long post, i just wanna see if i could get this done in the game, not the next beta, but maybe in the final version as in when kanto ends, before the orange islands, yeah, sorry again for the long post, i hope i can say this here
Old October 6th, 2010, 10:06 PM
crazy_360

hey where is the leader of cerulan city? and how to get flash? thanks
Old October 7th, 2010, 03:57 AM
Baronnecro
AKA TolerantX

I also wanted to ask if possibly after everything is said and done he can just add this stuff? the new buildings, possibly new sprites n such (i mean like 2011 or 2012, whatever u plan) you know touching stuff up not now, but AFTER the LAST beta. I volunteer to help with any skills I possess and also develop. (I am trying some things myself to learn this stuff) I just don't like how ppl are complaining about this hack when it's a BETA as in still in development (along with 99% other hacks here). comments are cool for stuff to add later, but really do buildings or sprites AFFECT the story plotline? I wanted to call home at pewter city or somethign that wouldn't affect the story, but couldn't. this kind of stuff I like as well, but it is (Metapod's) "ASH Ketchem" Storyline, this stuff doesn't matter. EVENTUALLY however, it would be great to add more depth and fluff to the hack, but for now is it needed? I don't think so, but hey this is all my opinion and questions for Metapod. Lastly, I agree with smilewolfy on everything he stated in his message, he must be as much into the Kanto episodes as much as I was. If certain things don't follow the series as much this takes away from the suspended disbelief and thus makes it appear to be rushed to the next "episode" of events.

Last edited by Baronnecro; October 7th, 2010 at 04:04 AM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links