The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Emulation & ROM Hacking > Hacks Showcase

Notices

Hacks Showcase Want to play a hack? Here, you can play some good quality hacks… or you can make your own and submit it here! (Unless you can show a significant amount of development, your hack starts at the "Progressing Hacks" forum first.)
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: Which tiles should I use?
The Current Tiles 7 35.00%
The FireRed Tiles (With Edits) 13 65.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 25th, 2010, 07:35 AM
ase
learning How to Hack

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to ase
oh ok thanks for the information

follow the link below
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222928
I believe in Jesus Christ my Savior. If you do too, and aren't scared to admit it, then copy and paste this in your signature.

DBZ: Possibly the BEST anime ever!!!!!!!!!!!!
Cna yuo raed tihs? Olny 55% of plepoe can.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre
I don't calculate stat values, I don't breed my way to perfection, and I don't care about natures. I catch my Pokemon the way they are, and treat them like individuals instead of brainless drones. If you use this philosophy, copy & paste this into your signature
Old August 25th, 2010, 09:44 AM
FireShock
Trainer

Beta two is close to being done. I'm currently working on the last city in the beta. Once I finish that up I want to go back and touch up on a few things, then I will be looking for some beta testers.

I felt beta one was really dull and boring in the storyline and script department, so this beta will have a lot more scripts and a lot more to do with the storyline. You will also be able to earn another two badges with this beta. Now, on to the screen shots.

This first set of screen shots shows the revamped Chartreuse City.

Spoiler:

The next set is another screen shot of Denim City and two screen shots of Cobalt Town.

Spoiler:

This set is of the new Metrous City Gym and two new routes.

Spoiler:

The final set is some new scripts in beta two. These contain spoilers. So if you want to save all of the surprises for when you play don't look at this set.

Spoiler:

I would like to show some more, but I can't without spoiling too much.
Old August 28th, 2010, 10:55 AM
PiplupGHacker
Keeping the dream alive.

Nature: Lonely
Looks awesome. I think I'll hold out on playing until the second beta though. I'm sure I'd finish the first one quick haha.

By the way - my name is Brian! :O Nice name for a main character. I'm guessing it may be yours too :P
Old August 28th, 2010, 07:17 PM
Krabby
Beginning Trainer

I've been enjoying the first Beta so far and from the looks of it Beta 2 will be even more enjoyable.

More plot development is needed from what I've played thus far. (I haven't gotten past Cerise Forest yet. Heracross is proving elusive.) So hopefully this will be developed more in Beta 2.

Overall looking forward to playing this and I'm quite fussy with my hack choices.
Old August 29th, 2010, 01:05 PM
FireShock
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiplupGHacker View Post
Looks awesome. I think I'll hold out on playing until the second beta though. I'm sure I'd finish the first one quick haha.
guessing it may be yours too
No, it's actually my middle name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krabby View Post
I've been enjoying the first Beta so far and from the looks of it Beta 2 will be even more enjoyable.

More plot development is needed from what I've played thus far. (I haven't gotten past Cerise Forest yet. Heracross is proving elusive.) So hopefully this will be developed more in Beta 2.

Overall looking forward to playing this and I'm quite fussy with my hack choices.
Yeah, beta two will be a lot more about storyline and scripting than anything else.

Also, if anybody wants to access the special event in beta two for beating the secret gym in beta one make sure to keep the item that you got from the gym leader.
Old August 29th, 2010, 01:28 PM
Gohanthesaiyan
Beginning Trainer

so i got in my first battle with my rival and noticed chamanders "M" in his name is a little screwy ...?
Old August 31st, 2010, 09:45 AM
KaiVii
Mime Jr.

Nature: Quiet
wait, so theres a part in beta 2 I miss if I dont do beta one?

http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223

Old August 31st, 2010, 09:55 AM
FireShock
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohanthesaiyan View Post
so i got in my first battle with my rival and noticed chamanders "M" in his name is a little screwy ...?
It's because it's all de-capitalized. So the font is a little weird.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiVii View Post
wait, so theres a part in beta 2 I miss if I dont do beta one?
Yes, but it's a very small event. It has nothing to do with the storyline or anything. It's just a little extra something for the people that took the time out to beat the extra gym in beta one.
Old August 31st, 2010, 10:39 AM
pieguy259
Beginning Trainer

Hey, on my way to Marl Cave I ran into a wild ????????. It looked like two giant question marks. Also, when I walked into the Shorea Path Pokemon Center my screen turned into a mass of inescapable pixels.
Old August 31st, 2010, 10:43 AM
FireShock
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pieguy259 View Post
Hey, on my way to Marl Cave I ran into a wild ????????. It looked like two giant question marks. Also, when I walked into the Shorea Path Pokemon Center my screen turned into a mass of inescapable pixels.
Make sure that you're are patching it to a clean Firered ROM. If this doesn't work try using the other patch. If that doesn't work try using a different Firered ROM.
Old August 31st, 2010, 09:41 PM
dbzmay
Advanced Adventure

Your hack is really well thought out an executed in my opinion. But, I think the tiles are a bit on the bright side, and the battle screen can use some work. Otherwise, its well done.
Old September 15th, 2010, 11:08 PM
chriskid198
Happy New Year!

Nature: Relaxed

Is that a recyclable bin? I think you mean Recycling bin.

I'm gonna download this now :D Looks like fun.

And, can I use this as a ROM Base? I'll give you credits.
I like the tiles :D

To patch with IPS, or APS... Why did you have to give me a choice?

EDIT: I found an error.

If you talk to her from this side, she faces the other way.

When they battle starts

Last edited by chriskid198; September 16th, 2010 at 12:53 AM.
Old September 16th, 2010, 03:42 AM
nasonex
is trying to learn how to hack

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to nasonex Send a message via Yahoo to nasonex
Nice Hack you got there FireShock! I can't believe it's already
on Beta 2! Hope it goes well!

Can't wait for the Updates! Good Luck FireShock!

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
Old September 16th, 2010, 08:22 AM
FireShock
Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskid198 View Post

Is that a recyclable bin? I think you mean Recycling bin.

I'm gonna download this now :D Looks like fun.

And, can I use this as a ROM Base? I'll give you credits.
I like the tiles :D

To patch with IPS, or APS... Why did you have to give me a choice?

EDIT: I found an error.

If you talk to her from this side, she faces the other way.

When they battle starts
Thanks for pointing out the errors. And feel free to use my hack as a base for your hack. Just remember that I didn't make any of the tiles, so be sure to give credits to the correct people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nasonex View Post
Nice Hack you got there FireShock! I can't believe it's already
on Beta 2! Hope it goes well!

Can't wait for the Updates! Good Luck FireShock!
Thanks!
Old September 16th, 2010, 10:58 AM
r0bert
Quitifyingly awesome.

Nature: Naughty
I really like the tiles,but the tiles you didn't change well.....look out of place.
like the water tiles.
Old September 16th, 2010, 10:33 PM
chriskid198
Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireShock View Post
Thanks for pointing out the errors. And feel free to use my hack as a base for your hack. Just remember that I didn't make any of the tiles, so be sure to give credits to the correct people.

Thanks!
Okay, cool. Who are the correct people?
I'm also gonna play this soon, I might find some bugs again.

EDIT:
Kyledove
Onyx79
Cirnos Servant
Wesley FG
Are they the correct people?
Old September 30th, 2010, 11:31 PM
chriskid198
Happy New Year!

FireShock, do you have your tiles on a clean ROM base? Would any of the creators of it, have a clean one?
Old October 1st, 2010, 01:54 AM
chrunch

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chrunch
Quote:
FireShock, do you have your tiles on a clean ROM base? Would any of the creators of it, have a clean one?
Just to let you know, I'm pretty sure fireshock used a rombase with these tiles somewhere in the Rom Hacking Resources.
Old October 1st, 2010, 12:03 PM
FireShock
Trainer

Quote:
Chrunch is correct, but there are things I added. Like my status box, the indoor tiles, and a few other things. Anyway, the ROM base is "Project Orange" I believe. You can find it in the Rom Hacking Resources. You will also find the list of credits for it.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 09:03 PM
chriskid198
Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireShock View Post
Chrunch is correct, but there are things I added. Like my status box, the indoor tiles, and a few other things. Anyway, the ROM base is "Project Orange" I believe. You can find it in the Rom Hacking Resources. You will also find the list of credits for it.
Ahh... Thank you!

*Goes to Rom Hacking Resources*

EDIT: I couldn't find a Project Orange... :/ Theres a Project Mustang but it's for Ruby.

Is this one it? http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=146

It looks like it has the same pallete as yours.

Last edited by chriskid198; October 2nd, 2010 at 09:21 PM.
Old October 2nd, 2010, 09:46 PM
Kenpokid
Soldier From the Surface

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
"Wild MissignNo. appeared!"

Anyway, I'll check out the Beta now :3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastlane250
I really think the [ROBLOX] admins are not satisfied with breaking the game, they intend to break reality itself.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 09:41 AM
FireShock
Trainer

Quote:
Ahh... Thank you!

*Goes to Rom Hacking Resources*

EDIT: I couldn't find a Project Orange... :/ Theres a Project Mustang but it's for Ruby.

Is this one it? http://www.pokecommunity.com/showpos...&postcount=146

It looks like it has the same pallete as yours.
No, this would be the one that you're looking for.
Old October 3rd, 2010, 12:11 PM
Shinx
it's a mad world

Can you guys take off-topic discussions outside of this thread, please. I appreciate you're trying help someone but this just clutters up the thread; please deal with it in VMs or PMs. Thank you!

Sometimes the truth isn't good enough, sometimes people deserve more.
Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded...
Old October 6th, 2010, 11:50 PM
monkeyandhead
I didn't train to be a Pilot.

Nature: Quiet
Man I can't believe my rombase is still going around from when I made it (yea, i'm Cirnos Servant). I really recommend inserting your own original tiles and experimenting with graphics on a different rom until you find the perfect match, then insert them into this game. The rombase is so overused these days that it would just be better to.

Just a suggestion.
Old October 7th, 2010, 01:12 AM
chriskid198
Happy New Year!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeyandhead View Post
Man I can't believe my rombase is still going around from when I made it (yea, i'm Cirnos Servant). I really recommend inserting your own original tiles and experimenting with graphics on a different rom until you find the perfect match, then insert them into this game. The rombase is so overused these days that it would just be better to.

Just a suggestion.
Well I fail at inserting Tiles, so I looked for a ROM base. And this one seemed pretty cool.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links