• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
This sounds great! I always wondered why Poccil didn't just use the inbuilt databases for moves, Pokemon/characters, items etc. I'm sure he has his reasons but if you can make this work I would be incredibly indebted to you. I stopped working on what I had for Poccil's Essentials because of hard it was to add new things into it, mostly Pokemon (I was overwriting the old 151). Can't wait for a release!

Also with the Neo Made 7 thing, I don't think it has been asked but will that be turn off-able or adjustable to suit a particular gradient? Umm I don't think I have anything else to ask so I await your answer and wish you best of luck completing this initiative!

aSeRo141414

zZJoennZz inside
Years
It may be possible, i haven't tried myself.

Just finished making something that i think is a great feature.
Instead of having to download a whole project file to upgrade to the next version, i made an update utility which offers the following options:

- Check for updated version.
- Revert Script Customizations

Screenshot:
Spoiler:

Comments?
This good to me too. I like that idea.. :)

Years
Maybe i can help with this, yesterday i made a zoom character script, you can use it to zoom player, event so it'll look like walk on cliffs

Neo Mode 07 has zooming built in :D
But thanks anyway.

This sounds great! I always wondered why Poccil didn't just use the inbuilt databases for moves, Pokemon/characters, items etc. I'm sure he has his reasons but if you can make this work I would be incredibly indebted to you. I stopped working on what I had for Poccil's Essentials because of hard it was to add new things into it, mostly Pokemon (I was overwriting the old 151). Can't wait for a release!

Also with the Neo Made 7 thing, I don't think it has been asked but will that be turn off-able or adjustable to suit a particular gradient? Umm I don't think I have anything else to ask so I await your answer and wish you best of luck completing this initiative!

Yes, it is switchable.
I know that some people don't like it for some reason.

IceGod64

In the Lost & Found bin!
Years
Neo Mode 07 has zooming built in :D
But thanks anyway.

Another thing that would be the ability to control a trainer's Pokemon's EVs, IVs, and Genders individually. Pokemon essentials is very limited in that aspect.

How will you define Trainers actually? I'm curious. Will you use the Essentials method or do you have something better in mind?

Years
Well i'm still working on the 'edges' as it were, but i'm pretty sure it'll be different.

Another update, i've been working hard on a system to add pokemon and such, and i've finally managed to make it work, and not only that, but it doesn't change the level of the species now, only the pokemon you're adding which is great ^_^

Maruno

Lead Dev of Pokémon Essentials
Years
I always thought badges should be controlled by switches, not variables. and Poccils is just a number. That's dumb because it required the player to get badges in a specific order (Consider how it's possible to get the Marsg Badge and Volcano badge in either order, that would mess with the variable in ways it should'nt.)
I just thought I'd note that this isn't how Essentials works. The badges are stored in an array (like a group of switches in one place), and you can toggle whichever ones you want in whichever order you want. What you're probably thinking of is another function that simply counts how many badges the player has, which just looks at the array and counts how many badges have been obtained.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
Yes, it is switchable.
I know that some people don't like it for some reason.

It isn't that I don't like it, I just think the feature seems inappropriate for indoors areas and such. But I will give it a go come release time and see how it works with what I'm looking to do. I will decide whether or not to use it then, and knowing that I have the option to turn it off is pleasing.

I was also wondering whether maps will tile like in PE. If not that's no problem, that's what the adjoining building things are for. If so, will it have the ungodly amount of lag that PE was able to have?

And I would assume it isn't hard to implement, but is it on the to do list that you can assign multiple town map squares to a single actual map? Unlike in PE, where each town map tile had to have its own sub map.

Years
How do you mean maps will tile?
Pokemon Essentials uses the RMXP way of mapping, so if you mean about mapping, then yes, everything is the same.

At the moment, there's no lag, and i aim to keep it that way.
As for the town map, i'm sure i can do that :)

Ok, i've been working on an animated pokemon system today.
I now have it working fully for front and back sprites.
Also, your pokemon animation can have any number of frames.
Oh yeah, you can't use animated .gif files for it, it has to be set out in a long line of sprites. More info on that when the first release is out.

For now, enjoy this small demo i made of the animating pokemon
biggrin.gif

NOTE: Outdated method/classes but it still works and shows you exactly what it will be like in game.

http://www.mediafire.com/?o8x64b6yq6b1wem

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
CNG: I apologise if my wording confused you. What I meant was can you set maps to connect directly like in essentials (like say how Pallet Town and Route 1 connect) or will you have to use a teleport event or intermediary building (like from Karakusa town to Route 2 in BW).

By the way, Tsutarja looks great. Will the sprites animate in the Menu screen and/or Pokedex as well? And if you wanted a tileset pack for inclusion with your starter kit, I have a bunch of originals or a custom chopshop pair that I think would be okay for you to use.

majorgames

I got a problem while downloading your demo...

according to norton360 the file contains a Sonar virus, so it and the file got removed immediately after the download...

Rai Rai

Master of everything!
Years
  • Seen Aug 29, 2012
I got a problem while downloading your demo...

according to norton360 the file contains a Sonar virus, so it and the file got removed immediately after the download...

Norton is just really dumb, it happens with me alot on every single compressed RPG game. It's just a weird thing that norton does so all you need to do is restore the file.

Years
@majorgames, Yeah, i really don't know why. I'm not the kind of person to give you guys virus'

@jim42, possibly, depends how i get on :D

Anyway, each update wants me to release it more and more :3
Well here's another for you! Quite a big one really.

Here's showing that i've finished scripting HP and the HP bars.
Spoiler:

Also, you can now display animated images on the Map screen with a simple script call.
Could be useful for some event systems :D

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Sep 7, 2023
What's with the stats? Surely a level 36 Venusaur would have more than 29 HP (in fact, the minimum HP of a Pokémon, other than Shedinja, is its level + 10). I hope you're going to fix that :P

I'm not sold on this yet, however. Do we really need two RMXP starter kits? How major are the improvements over Essentials going to be? For example, how would you (eventually) go about setting up, say, a battle against a Gym Leader, specifying the Pokémon they have, the levels they're at, their moves, and their held items?

Years
Yeah i haven't completely finished the stats and IVs yet, i'm still working on that, so that's why the Venusaur only has 29 HP :3

As for Gym Leaders and trainers and everything, i'll be making it as easy as i can, but i haven't thought that far ahead yet, i'm still working on the more basic things.

The main reason i created this kit, wasn't to be Poccil's competition, or to 'steal' away the users of his kit, it was to better my own abilities, which i can safely say is working :D

majorgames

:S i tryed to restore the file but there was absolutly no trace of it by the time norton sank its evil little teeth into that file

Years
Here's a zip version for you :3 http://www.mediafire.com/?kdkvpbv9qy9dfco

Something else for people to think about here:

Crazyninjaguy on PlanetDev said:
Right, following some conversations with my family etc, it's become clear that i desperately need a job of some form.

That's why i'm now offering my services as a scripter for a little bit of money.
I normally don't charge for script requests but i need to be able to pay my way, and this is my (almost) last resort.

So if you need a script, be it RPG or Pokemon Essentials, just send me a PM and i'll reply back with a price.

This won't be very expensive at all as i don't want to rob you guys, but again, i need to be able to pay my way, and contribute a little towards my mum's expenses.

So if ANYONE needs a script, then just drop me a PM.

Oh, i can also Map/Event pretty well, so i'm offering my services for them too.
I can create Any type of map, and can make quite complex event systems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back