Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Off-Topic Discussions > General Chat
Notices

General Chat Reporting for duty!

Old October 9th, 2010, 06:56 PM
Naruto Uzumaki
memories.
Community Supporter

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Last person on earth, what would you do?

But theres a trick to it.
You can't commit suicide, and your immortal. There is no power, you can't watch TV, go on the internet, etc.
My melted heart remains
As I painfully cover my permanent wounds
Somewhere in the city that flies by
Your siren wails endlessly
Open up

l MAL l

Last edited by Naruto Uzumaki; October 9th, 2010 at 07:17 PM.
Old October 9th, 2010, 07:00 PM
EmeraldSerenade
h a n a m i

Nature: Naughty
uh.
eat.
sleep.
wander the earth.
watch anime.

yeah, i really don't know. i'd get immensely bored :/
d i v i n e
Old October 9th, 2010, 07:01 PM
curiousnathan
they said we could be anything
Community Supporter

Nature: Careful
Explore everywhere. Collect everyhting and probably eat everything. But soon I'd like to die. I know it may sound horrid but yes. I would get really bored. Seriously, I would like to die so I can see my family once more.
Old October 9th, 2010, 07:02 PM
Naruto Uzumaki
memories.
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmeraldSerenade View Post
uh.
eat.
sleep.
wander the earth.
watch anime.

yeah, i really don't know. i'd get immensely bored :/
How would you watch anime? Nobody would be supplying power.
My melted heart remains
As I painfully cover my permanent wounds
Somewhere in the city that flies by
Your siren wails endlessly
Open up

l MAL l
Old October 9th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Jordan
[:: Love Is War ★]

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Jordan
Slap myself and wake up from this horrible, horrible dream.

No? That's not an option? Fine. I'll learn to join the ranks of the apes, then. In the future, I'll be considered the "wise ape" in the pack, and I'll lead the ape race for eternity while rebuilding civilization on Earth. I just can't survive alone. :<
Formspring
MyAnimeList
Spring Breeze
Old October 9th, 2010, 07:08 PM
Akita
good night, night vale
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
You ruled out suicide. Now I actually have to think.

I'd probably raid abandoned cities for supplies and such. Spending my time wandering what used to be America sounds about right. I'm sure after a while, anyone in that situation would go insane.
Old October 9th, 2010, 07:15 PM
institutions
ain't that a kick in the head?

Nature: Relaxed
Awesome thread.

I'd first convert a Super Target into a personal home.
(Target over WalMart because Target is easier on the eyes.)
Then i'd gather as many books as I could and study up on everything such as electrical wiring, power plants, gardening (sure I may be immortal but that doesn't mean my body will stay in good health), woodworking, metalworking, etc.
Eventually i'd put everything I learned into action and get the power up and running in my store/home, build additions/rooms inside it, grow my own food in a large garden; stuff like that.
Then I guess i'd just hang out for eternity. I'd watch movies and other DVDs, master the guitar and other instruments, read.

It'd get boring after a while...
Raptr | Last.fm | Steam | My Anime List
waifu = mio akiyama
Old October 9th, 2010, 07:40 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
I'd give up my immortality or one of my spare ribs to create a lady friend, who will hopefully start out the same age as me, or be around the same age as what I am currently at, preferably older.

If that doesn't work I'd throw away my clothes, let's face it I'm immortal I don't need protection and start raiding food stores.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old October 9th, 2010, 07:46 PM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Hmm... First of course I would try to make my own personal dwelling. I'd go to the university close-by, study all the books, and try to upgrade my dwelling eventually to how modern society was.

And since I'm immortal, withing 150 years I'm going to genetically create humans out of... my DNA, since that's really all that's left >__> Being immortal means I don't exactly have an age. So I create more genetic diversity of humans. Promote "repopulation", which will honestly be awkward at first even with sciences ensuring everything >__> Well it might take me a few more hundred years to pull it off right, but I'll eventually get a stronger race of humanity going and naturally, I'm gonna have to be the emperor since I'm immortal.

Yep. Immortality has its advantages in this situation.
Putting dairy on the fridge door should be morally wrong and outlawed.
Old October 9th, 2010, 07:52 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedK47 View Post
Hmm... First of course I would try to make my own personal dwelling. I'd go to the university close-by, study all the books, and try to upgrade my dwelling eventually to how modern society was.

And since I'm immortal, withing 150 years I'm going to genetically create humans out of... my DNA, since that's really all that's left >__> Being immortal means I don't exactly have an age. So I create more genetic diversity of humans. Promote "repopulation", which will honestly be awkward at first even with sciences ensuring everything >__> Well it might take me a few more hundred years to pull it off right, but I'll eventually get a stronger race of humanity going and naturally, I'm gonna have to be the emperor since I'm immortal.

Yep. Immortality has its advantages in this situation.
But what if the humans you created got tired of you and decided to cut you up into pieces and then you'd be stuck as pieces for the rest of eternity however long that may be, probably forever. Wouldn't immortality be a disadvantage then? Then again I'd be unsure if you can stay conscious if your brain is in pieces.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old October 9th, 2010, 07:58 PM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings Don't Cry View Post
But what if the humans you created got tired of you and decided to cut you up into pieces and then you'd be stuck as pieces for the rest of eternity however long that may be, probably forever. Wouldn't immortality be a disadvantage then? Then again I'd be unsure if you can stay conscious if your brain is in pieces.
Hmm... Well in those cases, Immortality has to be strongly defined. Would my skin be impenetrable? I'd basically be some sort of Demidiety. A real one unlike the Pharaohs who just thought that. But of course, this is a very fantasy based situation of being the last human on earth and being immortal. If your were smart enough, my outcome would eventually be the outcome.
Putting dairy on the fridge door should be morally wrong and outlawed.
Old October 9th, 2010, 08:03 PM
Eucliffe
E N T E R T A I N E R
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via AIM to Eucliffe Send a message via Skype™ to Eucliffe
Suicide by force, however that works.

I would travel, and then find a way to travel to outer space. Then I wouldn't be the last person on Earth anymore :D
SHOWTIME
cssgifsflavors.memain
Old October 9th, 2010, 08:11 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

I'd become a nurturer to the Earth.. I guess... since I'd be immortal.. I'd guess I wouldn't have to worry about eating or sleeping because my body wouldn't degenerate, would it?

I guess become like a.. Mother Earth in a way.. plant trees and watch Earth prosper in OTHER ways rather than humanity.

Just because OUR time is over doesn't mean that it's over for other life on our Earth and I'd love to be able to watch it grow. It'd give me a real purpose to be there.. and I don't think it'd end up being mundane.. it'd make me feel like the NEW Earth is an accomplishment that I've made.

Then I would make inks out of plants and flowers.. and cover the Earth with beautiful artwork and rich plantlife.. I'd want it to be a bliss even if I were alone. Like my own paradise... because well.. why not? :3
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Old October 9th, 2010, 08:40 PM
butterbiscuit
Potential!

Nature: Jolly
Probably hang out with some dogs, eat, sleep, and if I'm immortal, I've gotta be like Zeus or something, right? Not that would be fun. If that happened, creat some humans, let them wander around, then get randomly mad and start frying stuff so they'd freak out. :b
Old October 9th, 2010, 08:44 PM
Eliminator Jr.
Gym Leader

Nature: Calm
Well I'd probably try and commit suicide at one point or another, and after realising that I'm immortal I would stop bothering to gather supplies to keep myself alive as my body can't degenerate or anything. I'd read up on all my school textbooks and then from that study further of physics and electricity from universities until I can build generators and use those to create power.

Seeing as I have infinity time, I'd further my understanding in almost everything around me, and then because I can't die I can explore inside volcanoes (ie. in lava), dig underground and expand on the scientific knowledge that the human race already had. With knowledge in carpentry and building I'd build a house (as by this stage all current buildings are probably all delapidated after four hundred years of being uninhabited), figure out how to run vehicles and drive insanely fast for fun. Learn how to fly and eventually get to mining, producing aluminium and sulfuric acid and all chemicals needed. I'd figure out ways to get all these things to run automatically, or at least with little human interference, learn robotics and develop that technology until I can get things automated enough to work as they would if the human race was alive in 2010 (even though by this stage it would probably be in the 3000s by the time I've built all of these factories and mines single-handedly). After this, create supercomputers to store information with artificial intelligence (I'm immortal, what do I have to worry about AI taking over?) that can invent better than the human mind, and find ways to use wormholes, to harness gravity and to travel to other planets, make them habitable, spread animals to different planets, make some planets purely industrial and make a single-man empire. Oh yeah, and at some point I'd try and recreate human life, but it'd be hard to do without having living humans to test things on (for example creating an artificial womb with no live model to base betas on would be hell).

Oh yeah, obviously I'd do some fun stuff as well, like once I restore power, create and record a wide range of songs, become perfect at drumming, guitar, bass, keys, violin, clarinet, trumpet etc. But yeah, needless to say, all this would be a sad existance, all triumphs would occur over such large periods of time that you'd hardly feel successful at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbiscuit View Post
Probably hang out with some dogs
And of course this.
Old October 9th, 2010, 09:12 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Create a spaceship and explore the universe. You never said there wasn't power, living beings, and so forth in the reaches of space. Only problem is what would produce the energy to power the space since I assume by power you mean electricity. Unless you mean all sources of power like solar, wind, water, and so on.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Last edited by Kenshin5; October 9th, 2010 at 09:20 PM.
Old October 9th, 2010, 10:17 PM
loliwin
→ Level 69

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to loliwin
Get the sun to support powa, sola powa eh? XD

zero
It’s not X you should worry about - it’s me!

Old October 9th, 2010, 10:23 PM
PlatinumDude
Nyeh?
Community Supporter

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Yahoo to PlatinumDude Send a message via Skype™ to PlatinumDude
If I was the last guy on Earth, I'd just eat and sleep since there's nothing better for me to do there

Old October 10th, 2010, 12:33 AM
Zeffy
mischief managed

Send a message via Skype™ to Zeffy
I will smuggle the DVD shod.
I will create a generator to supply electricity.
I will live in the supermarket, and hook the generator to it.
I will watch all the DVDs I smuggled.
I will get food in the supermarket while watching.
I will then move into the video games store.
I will hook the generator to the store.
I will play all the flippin' games I could ever play.
Rinse, lather, repeat
Old October 10th, 2010, 03:21 PM
Elite Overlord LeSabre™
Classic Elegance
Community Supporter

Nature: Quirky
I'd create my own source of power and proceed to watch anime. Oh, and I'd probably move into some rich guy's mansion and live out eternity in plush luxury. And I'd sleep. A lot.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™
PC Vital Stats
* Pair
* PC Family
* Bishies
* VG Claims
* Friend Codes
Links
* Blog
* Web Site
* Fan Fictions:
* Leaf Green LP
Friend Safari:
*GMC Safari
*Pontiac Safari
*Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser
Old October 10th, 2010, 03:40 PM
ScentedLove
Hopeless Romantic

Nature: Timid
I would try to travel to outer space and see what else the world holds since I'm immortal I probably wouldn't die in space.
"So dear I love him, that with him all deaths I could endure, yet without him live no more"
Pokemon Black Team
Old October 10th, 2010, 03:47 PM
Ayselipera

Tournaments Joined:
Tournaments Won:
Well since I'm immortal I suppose I would just raid candy and ice cream stores (before it melts) and not worry about the unhealthy consequences. Then I guess I would break into everyone's house and snoop around for fun. I'd probably take anything noteworthy and make my way down to southern U.S. since I doubt I could last the winter here without power and my wood chopping skills are horrible at best.
Old October 10th, 2010, 05:23 PM
Idiot!
One shot, one kill.

I can see myself forcing suicide in this situation, until I sustain enough brain damage to not realise the agony.
Old October 10th, 2010, 06:04 PM
jujuju
The Guelah Papyrus

Thinking realistically, not that there is anything realistic about this in the first place, there would essentially be nothing for you to do. No power means that basically everything that mankind has worked towards up until now becomes obsolete. You cannot even sit around and wait for your own death considering the immortality. I would just try to keep my self entertained in any way possible.
Old October 10th, 2010, 08:32 PM
bna_li

Nature: Hasty
I beg to differ, there's lots of things to do. I'm surprised at the lack of imagination by some of you. Here are some things I would like to accomplish.

- Learn how to cultivate crops.
- Start gardening and plant a berry garden.
- Raise livestock for for milk and cheese.
- Learn to parkour.
- Get into fighting shape and kill a lion with my bare hands. After which, a bear.
- Develop a five octave range and shatter glass with my voice.

Yup.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here