• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Trish's Gallery

Trish

He was dead the whole time!
Years
Welcome! This is where I'll be posting my work. From time to time, I'll be adding more tags. So here it is:

TAGS

lloydy.png
darkbulb.png

87670135.png
rmika.png

vjoe.png
explo.png

tabulabw.png
sick.png

gas.png
chuns.png

lightn.png
hide.png

redz.png
slitz.png

pe2k.png
light0.png

VERTS

Sakura!

Nightwolf

LARGE PIECES

Lightning

C+CC much appreciated. I am far from being good, and I'd like to improve. Thanks!​

Last edited:
Years
*first post, oh yeah. =]*
I've seen your crits and work on pe2k, and I still love you. <333333333333333

You have to teach me to blend, even though, on MSN, you taught me a little bit about blending. XDD I'd wanna suggest that maybe try more than one type of font. ;o It's fun to test out fonts and see how it looks with the banner. The first banner has to be my favorite here, even if it's the least colorful. The other 3 were requests, so, I'm gonna lay low on the crits. ^..^;

The first banner, the corner on the right kinda concerns me for some reason. Maybe it's the texture of it? I'm not all that sure, but I still love that banner and your work. <3

Trish

Years
Love ya too! :D

Blending is tough. All I can say is, stick to one color theme. If something looks wrong, I try to soft-brush. As for blending between the focal, the C4D and the background, I always try to make it look relevant and enough that every aspect of the tag is equally important. Gah, I don't know how to explain it. T_T

About the fonts... I'll try a different one in my next. It's just that Georgia font is like, my trademark, lmao. It looks so darn good in my eyes. xD

As for the corner thing, I was using two textures to create the background. I probably slipped on some blending thing on that.

Thanks Ana!

Last edited:

Trish

Years
Practice on smudging.

trishs.png
trishbw.png

EDIT:

Trying out a gradient tag. Yes, Ana, I'm using a different font in this one. I quite like it, and it fits with the mood IMO. :D

darkbulb.png

EDIT 2:

87670135.png

A tag made specially for my favourite Legendary Pokemon ever, Rayquaza :D

EDIT 3:

rmika.png

Playing around

C+CC appreciated!

Last edited:

Trish

Years
lloyd1.png
lloydy.png

With and without a border. Lloyd Irving!

EDIT:

Changed Lloyd tag a bit lighting-wise.

New tag; Dhalsim!

dhal.png

Not great focal-wise, I know D:

Last edited:

Trish

Years
My very first attempt at a vert tag.

vertr.png

Sakura ftw. C+CC please D:

EDIT:

Viewtiful Joe :)

vjoe.png

C+CC please!

Last edited:

Kelp

<3
Years
These look pretty good. ^_^

For some though, you may want to practice blending the focal in more with the rest of the tag. I.E. the Exploud seems separate from the rest of the bg, like it's just sitting on top.

Still some pretty wicked stuff here though.

Trish

Years
Official Pokemon renders are not for blending, IMO. There is no flow and no movement whatsoever in the renders. I mean, look at the Exploud render. It's just standing there with its mouth gaped. The only blending I can do on it is to match the color shades with the background. xD So yeah, I guess that's my theory. But thanks Kelp!

New one, colored and B/W:

tabulabw.png
tabula.png

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
Years
http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/7484/gas.png
This tag is amazing, you have incredible use and a real knack for C4Ds! (must steal your C4D stash from you...)
I think the effect you've got going works, but the text looks really low quality and not sharp or crisp enough, it just sort of does nothing at the moment.
That's my only criticism though, besides being a bit monotone which I actually like, all your tags are really amazing!
I wanted to give you more CnC or comments, but I've been really busy lately, so maybe next update I'll give a super comment. But yeah, I've been lurking in this gallery a while admiring your stuff, so keep it up!

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
tabulabw.png
tabula.png

That is your best.

I'm going to do all of them in the first post in one little sum up...

Blending is almost non-existent.
Lighting is iffy.
One that I did like a lot however is the smudging one... just could use a more defined light source.
Very monotone in almost half of them.
Your c4d's are interesting...
The one that moments mentioned is okay, but the monotone is what makes it okay, it would be alot better if it wasn't so monotone.
Most don't have a defined focal either...

Trish

Years
Thanks both. ^_^

@ Keoni : Well, I realize that I don't tend to blend the focals in most of my tags. It definitely looks fine without being blended, and that a similar color scheme from fore to back is more that enough, to me.

I don't know what you mean by my "iffy" lighting, so which tags has this?

I like to stick to one color scheme, and maybe more if the render doesn't restrict me. But yes, I have to work on a wider color palette on my tags.

Yes, some may not have a proper focal. I like to have a tag that you can see all around and not completely focused on that one part.

I don't know. I have my own style, I guess. xD But thanks!

chuns.png

Didn't turn out too well, but whatever.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
Thanks both. ^_^

@ Keoni : Well, I realize that I don't tend to blend the focals in most of my tags. It definitely looks fine without being blended, and that a similar color scheme from fore to back is more that enough, to me.

I don't know what you mean by my "iffy" lighting, so which tags has this?

I like to stick to one color scheme, and maybe more if the render doesn't restrict me. But yes, I have to work on a wider color palette on my tags.

Yes, some may not have a proper focal. I like to have a tag that you can see all around and not completely focused on that one part.

I don't know. I have my own style, I guess. xD But thanks!

chuns.png

Didn't turn out too well, but whatever.

lloydy.png
this is the only one with any lighting.

The mentioning of not having a proper focal is horrible. That is a way to ruin any tag, no your sigs need blending otherwise they don't look right. that style makes no sense, a non-blending style. about the color palette, expand, that is an order. if you don't you can never progress and all of them will need to be made black and white to get rid of that fact.
why didn't i mention this one about lighting?
darkbulb.png
because. im not even sure if that is lighting.

Trish

Years
I'm sorry, but you bossing around with what I do to my tags is just out of the blue.

Obviously, you don't know what lighting is.

The tag of mine that you said had a lighting: truth is, there is no lighting. Gradient doesn't make a lighting.

Okay, now tell me which of my tags has such a terrible focal.

Why is not having to blend "not right"? Expand. Is it because that's what people do to their tags and banners on this forum? Because...

fkno1t.png

credits to Discotheque

the tag above has no blending whatsoever, but it is still an amazing tag. Actually, it's made by a designer that is looked up to by many tag artists.

Yes, I have a color problem. Didn't I already admit it on my previous post, and that I'll say I'll fix it?

And remember how I said that gradients don't make a lighting? Whoop-ti-doo, you got it right on the Bulbasaur tag!

I don't think you even know what you're talking about.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
Years
Well, you've got some good stuff there, Trish. Most of them look good. This one, just like moments said, is probably your best: http://img573.imageshack.us/img573/7484/gas.png

The lightning and usage of c4d is really nice in that one. I won't really go much into the technicalities because I'm pretty sure I'm not as good in them myself. But yeah, that tag definitely looks a little better than the rest. And well, I too think that you should blend a bit. Definitely, I understand that it might be kinda impossible for tags like that exploud's..but yeah, I'd like to see more of your work with blending. Why not just use stocks which are easy to blend? Anyway, good work and hope to see more of you. /obviously sucks at C&C

And yeah, this keoni guy...he probably thinks he's the best. He could've said whatever he wanted to but that certainly was a rude way to put it. Don't...umm, bother much about it, imo. Just sayin'.

Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2023
I'm sorry, but you bossing around with what I do to my tags is just out of the blue.

Obviously, you don't know what lighting is.

The tag of mine that you said had a lighting: truth is, there is no lighting. Gradient doesn't make a lighting.

Okay, now tell me which of my tags has such a terrible focal.

Why is not having to blend "not right"? Expand. Is it because that's what people do to their tags and banners on this forum? Because...

fkno1t.png

credits to Discotheque

the tag above has no blending whatsoever, but it is still an amazing tag. Actually, it's made by a designer that is looked up to by many tag artists.

Yes, I have a color problem. Didn't I already admit it on my previous post, and that I'll say I'll fix it?

And remember how I said that gradients don't make a lighting? Whoop-ti-doo, you got it right on the Bulbasaur tag!

I don't think you even know what you're talking about.

ah, sorry about last night, i was getting tired.

anyways, about the tag i said had lighting, i said that because some of that extends onto the Bulbasaur, making it appear as lighting. Sorry, if you don't think the same as way, and that I'm misinterpreting.

And again, sorry about saying the things about the focals, there are only afew.
this one: http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/8/vjoe.png
this one: http://img827.imageshack.us/img827/2988/dhal.png
and this one: http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/2929/rmika.png on that one i keep thinking it's the text.

about the blending thing you mentioned, I've never seen an great tag without blending when using a render. The closest I think I've seen is with this style
U123-1289102441.png

Sig by Piston on GFXForums
I say that because he almost looks placed on, yet it looks like he fits (blending into it), but maybe that is just my personal preference.

For the final time, sorry, I tend to say things like I would on the other forum I frequent because that is how they would cnc and recommend as well.

What program do you use though?

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
Years
Really loving some of the art in here, especially the Rayquaza one. Makes me want a sig again, but sadly it has to advertise my game...

Back