Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub
Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: No$gba Vs. Desmume
No$GBA 282 44.90%
Desmume 346 55.10%
Voters: 628. You may not vote on this poll

Old September 2nd, 2010, 01:21 PM
faospark
web Developer

Nature: Adamant

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
You are playing GBA game on No$GBA? That is pretty much crazy you know =D
No$GBA should only be for DS games =)

Anyways do you guys like No$GBA just because of speed factor? =)
dude it's the only GBA emulator that made the full transition from GBA emulator to DS emulator... that's why it has a very loyal following...

I still don't get the fact that people love this emulator just becuse of the speed... this speed feature of NO$GBA is actually its main downfall in terms of stability
Old September 2nd, 2010, 06:25 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
They all run really slow on my computer... No$ Zoomer doesn't work at all...
Anyway I only use emus for challenges, so I can speed it up while I grind. And when I just get impatient, expecially on slower games like Pokemon Red. I do use an R4 pretty extensively, however, lately I have preffered to buy the games (although I may use R4 first so I can make sure it's not crap).
In progress

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old September 3rd, 2010, 05:43 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul Hunter X View Post
@Ash493: It's No$GBA.
Yeah and...? Why do you tell me this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by faospark View Post
dude it's the only GBA emulator that made the full transition from GBA emulator to DS emulator... that's why it has a very loyal following...
Still VBA is more suitable for GBA games
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old September 3rd, 2010, 06:16 AM
piotr_mil
Beginning Trainer

I use NO$GBA with Zoomer, it works perfectly for me. I just wish I could change this opening pic in Zoomer :)
Old September 5th, 2010, 06:47 PM
Missingno.7-4468
The Kazuka Party is for curry!

Nature: Modest
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Missingno.7-4468
Desmume has proved better than No$GBA for me. For any game even. In fact, even with the Zoomer, No$GBA is like...10 times slower than Desmume. Plus Desmume can play more games for me, and won't crash every five minutes.

So yeah, I use Desmume.

^ This one is 500 px long for sure
Old September 7th, 2010, 01:03 AM
Mirby
Former IRC Maid

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via AIM to Mirby Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mirby Send a message via Yahoo to Mirby Send a message via Skype™ to Mirby
I think the reason that some people have better luck with Desmume is because their rigs are better; Desmume needs a good system to run at peak efficiency. No$ is good for comps that... well, that suck. Like mine.
Old September 10th, 2010, 04:26 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirby View Post
I think the reason that some people have better luck with Desmume is because their rigs are better; Desmume needs a good system to run at peak efficiency. No$ is good for comps that... well, that suck. Like mine.
Sometimes it could also be because of the version they're using.

What I've experienced with NO$GBA 2.6a with the NO$Zoomer, I have had lagging with most recent games. And while some don't work at all.

The latest version of DeSmuME is 0.9.6 incase some of you might not know already.

Oh and also... if anyone is downloading DeSmuME, don't forget to check what the version is. ;D
[Platinum Lucario's Signature]
Researching the NDS ROMs...

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old September 17th, 2010, 11:51 AM
Disrupter
Beginning Trainer

NO$GBA is pretty good. I'll chose it over Desume anyday.

Old September 17th, 2010, 12:08 PM
abood321
Booted out - don't be like me!

I can only Play my Pokemon white rom on desmume and it's extremely slow It doesn't work in nosgba
Old September 17th, 2010, 05:32 PM
Tuskin
Beginning Trainer

I originally used DeSmuME because you didn't have to convert the save files to work with PokeSav, and it could run HG/SS without the need of a patch. I still use it now.
Old September 22nd, 2010, 03:20 AM
●•ΛΣЯӨЩ•●
Community Supporter

Nature: Bold
Desmume is what i say. Yea, it is a Resource Hog but get a good pc and you are ready to go.
Old September 23rd, 2010, 04:20 AM
Xgen001
Beginning Trainer

Desmume's emulation is far superior if you have a computer that can handle it. In fact I'm pretty sure that it emulates it perfectly, once again, if your computer is good enough to handle it. If you have a crappier rig then no$gba will work better.
Old September 25th, 2010, 05:15 AM
Late
Pokémon Artist

Nature: Careful
I like No$Gba. I have had every game working with it (all others than Black&White, but I think those are gonna work too). I've had 2x more troubles with Desmume, I think it doesn't like my computer and it's soooo slow. If I play Pokémon Black in Desmume, it works right but I have only 50% speed, if I play on No$Gba it plays in full speed, only problem is that I can't save.
No$Gba is an old emulator already, so that's why you have problems to play new games.

EDIT: Now Black works almost at full speed in Desmume, I don't know why but it works better with older version of Desmume...

Please feed my Pokémon and warm my eggs.
Thanks for everyone who have clicked these, you've helped me a lot

Anyone has Club Nintendo codes that you don't need? I want those.
If you have one code for me I can trade you my Explorers of Sky code as I can't put it because I have registered already one. (Registered my brother's game and now I can't register mine...) Someone have same thing? PM me.
I know there's nobody who wishes to do this xD
I'm talking about Club Nintendo of Europe.

Last edited by Late; September 25th, 2010 at 05:26 AM.
Old October 9th, 2010, 03:33 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

DeSmuME for me. It's so much better than No$GBA, because it runs smoother (and my PC isn't even designed for gaming!) and at about 220% without limiting framerate on maximum settings.
"No calendar today. Oh, that's a shame. What day is it today? It is no day. The calendar does not exist anymore. Today does not exist." - Professional Idiot
Old October 9th, 2010, 11:18 PM
Late
Pokémon Artist

Nature: Careful
I wanna know how you guys get Desmume work so fast on your computers. I have good computer but I dunno about Desmume settings. In No$Gba, I don't need to even look at settings and it's always full speed (Almost, only thing where I can't get No$Gba full speed is Pokéathlon but I can always do that on my DS Lite)

Please feed my Pokémon and warm my eggs.
Thanks for everyone who have clicked these, you've helped me a lot

Anyone has Club Nintendo codes that you don't need? I want those.
If you have one code for me I can trade you my Explorers of Sky code as I can't put it because I have registered already one. (Registered my brother's game and now I can't register mine...) Someone have same thing? PM me.
I know there's nobody who wishes to do this xD
I'm talking about Club Nintendo of Europe.
Old October 10th, 2010, 12:26 AM
Destiny.
The Absol Master

Late- Check the DeSMuMe faq. I made it 200% faster.
I choose depending on the game.

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzn4ynwzned
Old October 10th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Heart's Soul
Hey, look, I was gone.

My PC is 3GHz, 4GB RAM, 1GB Video Card... I dunno what else to add, I'm using the latest build, 0.9.6.
"No calendar today. Oh, that's a shame. What day is it today? It is no day. The calendar does not exist anymore. Today does not exist." - Professional Idiot
Old October 10th, 2010, 08:27 PM
bna_li

Nature: Hasty
No$GBA. It's a lot faster than Desmume.
Old October 10th, 2010, 09:43 PM
Kamigoroshi
Moemon Hunter

Nature: Impish
Desmume 0.9.6 hands down. If you know how to configurate the settings fitting to your needs then nothing can surpass this emulator.
Old October 11th, 2010, 09:28 PM
Destiny.
The Absol Master

DeSMuMe has a fake wifi plugin, but the developers actually managed to access GTS (Global Trading Station).

http://www.mediafire.com/?zzn4ynwzned
Old October 11th, 2010, 09:46 PM
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

how some of u people get pokemon white/black to work on desume, i'm jealous the games are very very slow on desume, and I can't even access the menu or save on desume with the new pokemon games, and save state does not work on desume cuz when i try to load a game there was a error.

No$Gba is fast and I so wished you could save with n0$gba, though i had the same problem of not even able to access the menu with white/black.

but I vote for no$gba cuz it runs fast for the games u can play on it.

Old October 12th, 2010, 01:00 AM
axlefoley

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to axlefoley
Quote:
Originally Posted by thia12 View Post
No Desmume doesnt support Wi-Fi.
Um yes it does well one build of it does any way (Well it supports Nintendo WFC anyway)

I don't why people have problems with Desmume, I run it fine all the games I tried run at full speed (sometimes there is lag but thats to be expected) I don't admin privileges to use any features or anything like that. Now don't get me wrong No$ is good I have used for many happy years but I rarely use it now because it has crashed on several times and some games I have tried on it just don't work or crash on me (mind this could be because of my settings). But to me personally I would say Desmume but No$ is also a very good emulator.

Click here to feed Herman a Rare Candy!
Click here to feed Horrace a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Old October 12th, 2010, 05:25 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2 XTREME View Post
how some of u people get pokemon white/black to work on desume, i'm jealous the games are very very slow on desume, and I can't even access the menu or save on desume with the new pokemon games, and save state does not work on desume cuz when i try to load a game there was a error.
DeSmuME 0.9.6 is your answer for not working save states
ROM hacking FAQ - Read before asking how to play a hack. | Previous Sign 2 | Previous Sign

Old October 12th, 2010, 04:05 PM
Barbie Jean
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
DeSmuME 0.9.6 is your answer for not working save states
sorry to say, I could not save state on that version.

Old October 12th, 2010, 11:46 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2 XTREME View Post
sorry to say, I could not save state on that version.
What game have you tried it on?
My DeSmuME 0.9.6 works like a charm

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here