The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 16th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachibana Azumi View Post

By the way, Dento = Mamoru Miyano = Ling Yao = Light Yagami. <33333
Yeah that's right xD I don't know why they chose this seiyu =D

To the episode... To tell the truth I think that Pokabu won by luck... I mean he endured attacks and then by random Tackle or whatever it was, beaten Baoppu...
Pikachu... OMG WTF LOL! Pikachu is tragedy in this season... Just like posters above he beat legendary pokemon for goodness sake... and he loses to some water monkey... Oh boy...
Miju... he's funny as ever xD I think he's gonna win =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 17th, 2010, 12:34 AM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Nature: Careful
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tachibana Azumi View Post

By the way, Dento = Mamoru Miyano = Ling Yao = Light Yagami. <33333
O_O So the voice actor for Dento is that Full Metal Alchemist guy, Ling Yao?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ash493 View Post
To the episode... To tell the truth I think that Pokabu won by luck... I mean he endured attacks and then by random Tackle or whatever it was, beaten Baoppu...
I wouldn't call it 'luck' unless something like what had taken place when Pikachu battled Brock's Onix.

Last edited by mervyn797; October 17th, 2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old October 17th, 2010, 04:20 PM
ShadowYashi
A secret makes a woman a woman

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ShadowYashi
Mamoru Miyano also voiced Suoh Tamaki from Ouran High School Host Club and he's Death The Kid in Soul Eater >w<
Old October 18th, 2010, 10:37 AM
Ursula
have we got a deal?
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
Send a message via AIM to Ursula Send a message via Skype™ to Ursula
I don't think I'm going to like Dent that much. :[ I mean, I like him, but . . I kind of wish Pod had been the brother to go with them rather than him. I just like his character design more. Yet . . Yanappu is beast, so yeah.
When I saw Ash send out Pokabu against Baoppu, I was like " really, ash? why not use mijumaru?!"
Then, of course, he got thrashed around a bit.
Yet, Pokabu surprised me, to say the least, by coming back and winning.
I don't really like Corn that much - his hair reminds me of Tangrowth . . and it creeps me out.
Pikachu getting owned by Hiyappu is just..silly. Pikachu has great speed, and so . . this is kind of silly.

I'm still kind of befuddled by Giovanni's strange trust in Jessie/James/Meowth. It just seems random. ):

Mijumaru is flawless, the best pokemon ever, etc. It's just so adorable. Its face at the end of the episode was priceless.
I can't wait for the next episode, tbh. :D
Old October 18th, 2010, 03:41 PM
Storm_has_formed
"The Storm is here!!!"

Nature: Naive
I seriously love Mijumaru. It is my favourite of Ash's pokes so far this season
Old October 19th, 2010, 07:12 PM
Kimicatdemon
One who randomly returns!

Nature: Impish
One thing I would like to bring up in Pokabu's defense is that is had a trainer prior to Ash. so his "level" could be higher than what we think.

((Yes, the concept of level in the games is pretty foggy, but then again, we don't know how long that trainer had him or how much he trained him.))

Pokabu has a BUNCH of HP on his side, and a BUNCH of attack power... and taking hits from another fire type wouldn't do that much damage.
Old October 21st, 2010, 04:37 PM
jigglyppuff8

Nature: Modest
Oh my god Dent. His tone of voice. His choice of words. It's like I'll get to have over a hundred episodes of Kida Masoumi. <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

After I saw Satoshi send out Pokubu as his first choice, I just knew the pairings for the rest of the battles.
Pokabu's win was really odd because it's Tackle, Bite, and Ember, against Fire Punch and Dig. how do lose to Baoppu/ Oh well.
Pikachu's loss I saw coming a mile away. "Aim for it's feet." Oh lawdy. :V
I was expecting Mijumaru to be dominating against Yanappu but oh well. Predicting BS victory akin to Pokabu's. ┐(´ー `)┌

Old October 21st, 2010, 05:38 PM
Chord
Beginning Trainer

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebloom View Post
Thanks. It seems Mijumaru learns Shell Blade, which probably means it wins.
If it does I'll be upset. Yanapuu doesn't seem like the type to get knocked out by that one attack and Mijumaru definitely isn't the kind to be able to KO him with a fancy new attack

Corn was my least favorite of them all until I saw the episode. Now they're all liked equally. I was always wondering what Mud Sport would look like animated since the description says the user 'covers itself in mud'. I thought they rolled in the dirt for a bit or something =\

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik Destler View Post
I don't really like Corn that much - his hair reminds me of Tangrowth . . and it creeps me out.

I'm still kind of befuddled by Giovanni's strange trust in Jessie/James/Meowth. It just seems random. ):
Same for the comment on Corn's hair. I think that they could've made him look less of a fail Jamaican.

I didn't see the end of DP but I'm sure that Team Rocket can't go from comic relief villains to super awesome ninja villains just from a change of scenery

Old October 28th, 2010, 06:13 AM
Koh
Beginning Trainer

Pokabu was pure ownage in his battle, then Pikachu came along and got raped by the water monkey whose name escapes me at the moment. Mijumaru has over-exaggerated expressions, like Hikari's Piplup had...

Dragon Quest 3 SNES Player
DLBROOKS33
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here