The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.


Advertise here

Reply
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #76    
Old October 23rd, 2010, 02:00 AM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Srakaland Graveyard
Gender:
Nature: Lonely

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
FireRed graphics suit it much better than any fan-made tilesets would.
I was talking about a different thing.

I said that Johto should look at least a bit different from Kanto. For example, the houses in the towns should have their own designs, so that they don't look exactly the same as the houses in some town in Kanto.

Also, I think that the look of trees, signs, Gyms etc. should look different between Kanto and Johto, as it did in GSC. That's my concern here.

In GSC, where you went to Kanto, you really felt that you're in a different region, as it had different tileset. No fan remake I've seen so far has kept this feeling.

And I think that the designs for buildings and the like should be made from scratch, based on those from HGSS (so, for example, houses in Violet City are wooden with violet roof etc.) but they should be made in overall FRLG graphic style (as I said, I hate mimicking NDS graphic style in GBA hacks).
__________________
After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #77    
Old October 23rd, 2010, 04:59 AM
diegoisawesome's Avatar
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Goldenrod City, Johto
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX Kazuki View Post
hmmm then how u gonna do the national park event (bug catching) ? :I
oh maybe u can make it once a day (regardless of what day it is :p)
and the same goes to the guy offering the moves

where can i check the time in the game? there's only a clock in the game it's at my house....or maybe can u set the clock in the PokeGear? :D
Maybe, but not likely.
Also, the clock will probably go into the PokéGear, yes, once I figure out how.
Quote:
Originally Posted by colcolstyles View Post
No thanks. One, I haven't quite finished it yet. Two, it's not really necessary until you get to Kanto. While you're working towards completing Johto, I'll work on my side of the project. I'll let you know when I think I've made a more finished product.
Okay then, thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew McKenzie View Post
Hmm...

I appreciate your dedication and I love your work thus far.
The beta is quite enjoyable.

My main concern is that it doesn't offer much beyond the usual remake of G/S.
I mean, Shiny Gold was a Gold Remake with a few bits here and there.
Crystal Shards was a G/S/C remake with lots of extras thrown in.

There's other remakes out there that also offer a complete recreation of G/S.

My main concern is that it's just G/S with better graphics with the possible addition of the Sevii Islands (which is awesome).
Which is what HG/SS gave us. Not entirely a complete recreation but it gave us G/S with better graphics and one or two new features.

Nevertheless, I will continue to play this when you release further betas/the full game.
GOOD LUCK WITH IT!
Well, it is, after all, probably the most accurate and best scripted GSC remake.
Mine will have a lot of extras, but only after the GSC section of it because, well, I don't want to change too much from the original storyline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anselection View Post
I've played your hack up to the first cave(Ran into a glitch). So, I guess I should give you a review.





Things I liked
  • The fact that the door in Bellsprout Tower was animated. Sweet, thanks.
  • How closely everything is matched to the original G/S/C Thanks. :D
  • The scripts are very well done. Again, thanks.
  • Hoenn Pokemon in the grass. <3 Tha- wait, wait, what? That's a glitch.
Things I disliked
  • The Night palletes, you can edit them in the D/N tool you're using. I tried, and that's as dark as they get. :/
  • The high encounter rate for Pidgeys. Almost every. Single. One. Was a Pidgey. CD has the same exact encounter rates as Crystal...
  • No night pokemon(I'm sure you'll fix this.) As soon as a stable system comes in for Emerald, then yes.
  • The fact that there might not be much variation from original G/S/C to this. Wait, let me get this straight... YOu said you liked it because how close it was to GSC, and then you say you dislike it for the same reason? :?
Bugs / Glitches / Oddities
  • In the PokeGear, the prof. is named Birch, not Elm. Well, Elm never does give you your Pokédex rating... As soon as Gamer2020 releases his PokéNav editor (if he ever does XD) that'll be fixed. I could change it to Oak right now, but what would Elm's number be? :/
Spoiler:
  • And now, the one that stopped me from playing further. This glitch switched me with the nurse from the PokeCenter before the cave that links Violet to Azalea(Spelling?) Town. As in, I'm behind the counter with a discolored sprite, and my original sprite is on the other side of the counter. Also, note that pressing start and looking at your Pokemon will revert your sprite back to the original, but you'll still be behind the counter. I've taken screenies of both. Dang. :/ I thought I'd fixed all of these... Well, it's fixed now, and I've uploaded the fixed patch, so you can finally progress onto Azalea Town and Goldenrod City. :D
Spoiler:


  • Sometimes, when entering a building at night, the pallete switches to day for a brief moment then reverts. D/N system glitch, I can't fix it. :/
Now, I'm completely sure you can fix the first one. However, I have no idea as to how to fix the second. But, you're Diego. You can probably do it. Sadly, I can't fix the second one.




Suggestions
  • Change the Night part of the D/N System. I feel as if it's just a tiiiiny bit too bright. D/N system limitation.
  • Lower the Pidgey encounter rate. They drove me insane. xD The Pidgeys are the same as in Crystal.
  • The first route, the building that leads to the route that connects Blackthorn City with the first route, can you do something about the Pokemon there? I went in expecting a lvl 3 Geodude or something and caught a level 13 Marill by accident. (Sorry I'm not giving specific Route names. I can't remember them.) Yeah, this was a mistake on my part. I accidentally forgot to change the Pokémon on Route 46 when I mapped it. Fixed and uploaded.
  • In Bellsprout Tower, could you slightly darken the pallete to the floor tile? It seems too bright to me.
  • If it's possible, could you make it so music changes with night and day? Like, normal music during the day and kind of slower, softer music at night? I think it'd be a nice little feature to make this hack kind of more unique. Possibly, if I can get someone to do remixes like that.
Comments
  • Loads of people are saying that this is pointless because we already have G/S/C remakes. However, HG/SS are games I didn't particularly like. They didn't give me the same nostalgic feel I seemed to have while I played this. I thank you for bringing back my childhood memories of playing this game outside on the porch on my Gameboy color until the sun set and I had to go inside and play with regular lights. Or the memory of my parents driving to Connecticut and I made them buy a flashlight so I could play my Gold version at night. Don't give up Diego. Make this better than HG/SS. I know you can do it. :D:D:D:D
  • Fix the bugs. ;] Don't worry, (big) problems solved.
Well, that's all I can think to say. I hope you take all of this into consideration, as I think this'll help your hack. Or, if you throw it all out the window, I completely understand your point of view. Why would I ever do that? (well, why would I do that before I turned 16, at least? I am only 13, you know!)

Cheers,
-- Anselection
Responses in bold.
Nice long review there, too!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskid198 View Post
+1 for Sevii Islands!! You would be completely remapping it, not just changing the warps or something?
Well, that's what I have planned. Just changing the warps would be stupid.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
Another +1 vote for it to be in the Sevii Islands.

Also, agreed that the night is just a wee bit too bright.
Well, I guess it's unanimous then. :D
And, like I told Anselection above, it's a D/N system limitation.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
I was talking about a different thing.

I said that Johto should look at least a bit different from Kanto. For example, the houses in the towns should have their own designs, so that they don't look exactly the same as the houses in some town in Kanto.

Also, I think that the look of trees, signs, Gyms etc. should look different between Kanto and Johto, as it did in GSC. That's my concern here.

In GSC, where you went to Kanto, you really felt that you're in a different region, as it had different tileset. No fan remake I've seen so far has kept this feeling.

And I think that the designs for buildings and the like should be made from scratch, based on those from HGSS (so, for example, houses in Violet City are wooden with violet roof etc.) but they should be made in overall FRLG graphic style (as I said, I hate mimicking NDS graphic style in GBA hacks).
I like and see what you're saying... until you get to the last paragraph. No, I won't be copying the buildings/trees from HG/SS because, if I did do your idea, then I think that fan-created ones would suit it much better.

But yeah, that might be something I do when I get to Johto... and maybe Sevii too. :D
__________________


My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles

Last edited by diegoisawesome; October 28th, 2010 at 03:18 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #78    
Old October 23rd, 2010, 05:20 AM
aSeRo141414's Avatar
aSeRo141414
zZJoennZz inside
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In your head
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to aSeRo141414 Send a message via Skype™ to aSeRo141414
Looks good so far, well it's totally looks like Crystal because it's base is Emerald and it's animated, I know there's a animation in fire red but in emerald will be more good. :D I will play this later.. :D
__________________
Regards,
aSeRo141414
Reply With Quote
  #79    
Old October 23rd, 2010, 05:23 AM
diegoisawesome's Avatar
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Goldenrod City, Johto
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSeRo141414 View Post
Looks good so far, well it's totally looks like Crystal because it's base is Emerald and it's animated, I know there's a animation in fire red but in emerald will be more good. :D I will play this later.. :D
Thanks, but don't you mean recreation, not animation? XD
__________________


My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Reply With Quote
  #80    
Old October 23rd, 2010, 05:27 AM
aSeRo141414's Avatar
aSeRo141414
zZJoennZz inside
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: In your head
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to aSeRo141414 Send a message via Skype™ to aSeRo141414
Yeah, sorry for that, anyway, *downloading*
__________________
Regards,
aSeRo141414
Reply With Quote
  #81    
Old October 23rd, 2010, 05:28 AM
diegoisawesome's Avatar
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Goldenrod City, Johto
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by aSeRo141414 View Post
Yeah, sorry for that, anyway, *downloading*
XD Yeah, I guessed so.
Thanks for supporting this game, though.
__________________


My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Reply With Quote
  #82    
Old October 23rd, 2010, 06:31 AM
Anselection's Avatar
Anselection
Malicious Mapper
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Gender: Male
The Hoenn pokemon were encountered the same spot as the Marill. I only found a Poochyena and a Illumise in there. Also, what I meant by not much variation was that you must make this game yours. Yes, nail it as close to G/S/C as humanly possible, but also throw in your own ideas in there in some places. Be it a rival, an extra area, etc. Regarding the PokeGear, you should change it to Oak. And Prof. Elm should be in there for when he calls you after Mr. Pokemon's house, the first Gym, etc. etc. He could also be there to give you helpful hints in between these events.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #83    
Old October 23rd, 2010, 06:35 AM
diegoisawesome's Avatar
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Goldenrod City, Johto
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anselection View Post
The Hoenn pokemon were encountered the same spot as the Marill. I only found a Poochyena and a Illumise in there. Also, what I meant by not much variation was that you must make this game yours. Yes, nail it as close to G/S/C as humanly possible, but also throw in your own ideas in there in some places. Be it a rival, an extra area, etc. Regarding the PokeGear, you should change it to Oak. And Prof. Elm should be in there for when he calls you after Mr. Pokemon's house, the first Gym, etc. etc. He could also be there to give you helpful hints in between these events.
I fixed the Hoenn Pokémon; download the new patch.
Also, my originality is coming after Johto and Kanto; that's when GSC's storyline is finished and I can start doing things that I made up.
Okay... In the Pokégear, I'll change it to Oak, but what should I change to become Elm? That's my question.
EDIT: Also, a new patch is up; it has a new (and possibly better) animation for the Pokémon Center healing.
__________________


My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles

Last edited by diegoisawesome; October 23rd, 2010 at 10:15 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #84    
Old October 23rd, 2010, 01:00 PM
SilentWing's Avatar
SilentWing
クロバット
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In Every Cave
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
it's a D/N system limitation.
I see. I was thinking of the latest Ruby Destiny hack, then, which I just revisited for the sake of getting my "brightness bearings." Sure enough, it wasn't noticeably darker than yours -- but somehow, the windows of the houses were made to light up! That's the trick I suppose--not the overall darkness level, but the contrast between the light of the windows and the darkness of the night tiles that makes the dark seem that much more "real" (not to mention the obvious fact that the windows lit up in G/S/C). But again, if this is the fault of the engine, or if it's only possible in Ruby but not Emerald, I'd completely understand. It's such a trivial detail, really.

But think about it this way. The fact that people are bothering to point out such trivial matters in this hack specifically indicates its level of refinement is already so high that the "trivial" things become suddenly more tangibly relevant. If this isn't clear enough indication that you've got something special here, just await the mass outcry later down the road when reports of the "sound not being stereo" come in.
__________________

I will always be proud to support zel and Shiny Gold.
Reply With Quote
  #85    
Old October 23rd, 2010, 03:47 PM
diegoisawesome's Avatar
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Goldenrod City, Johto
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
I see. I was thinking of the latest Ruby Destiny hack, then, which I just revisited for the sake of getting my "brightness bearings." Sure enough, it wasn't noticeably darker than yours -- but somehow, the windows of the houses were made to light up! That's the trick I suppose--not the overall darkness level, but the contrast between the light of the windows and the darkness of the night tiles that makes the dark seem that much more "real" (not to mention the obvious fact that the windows lit up in G/S/C). But again, if this is the fault of the engine, or if it's only possible in Ruby but not Emerald, I'd completely understand. It's such a trivial detail, really.

But think about it this way. The fact that people are bothering to point out such trivial matters in this hack specifically indicates its level of refinement is already so high that the "trivial" things become suddenly more tangibly relevant. If this isn't clear enough indication that you've got something special here, just await the mass outcry later down the road when reports of the "sound not being stereo" come in.
Well, to do that, I would have to do setmaptiles to EVERY SINGLE MAP and reserve a palette for the golden effect, and I don't think I want to do that ATM...
And I see what you mean in the second paragraph. :D
__________________


My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Reply With Quote
  #86    
Old October 23rd, 2010, 05:17 PM
SilentWing's Avatar
SilentWing
クロバット
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In Every Cave
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
Well, to do that, I would have to do setmaptiles to EVERY SINGLE MAP and reserve a palette for the golden effect, and I don't think I want to do that ATM...
Agreed; too much work. But if you ever decide to re-visit the idea, consider the practical aspects of "limiting" your approach. Not every map has houses, and some maps (featuring houses not in cities, etc) won't need to stay lit at night either. In fact, you could limit the effect to select houses in select cities -- just enough to give off the "effect" without going overboard.

Just some food for thought... not that I know what any of this entails code-wise. I could be completely off-base here myself.
__________________

I will always be proud to support zel and Shiny Gold.
Reply With Quote
  #87    
Old October 23rd, 2010, 05:53 PM
diegoisawesome's Avatar
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Goldenrod City, Johto
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
Agreed; too much work. But if you ever decide to re-visit the idea, consider the practical aspects of "limiting" your approach. Not every map has houses, and some maps (featuring houses not in cities, etc) won't need to stay lit at night either. In fact, you could limit the effect to select houses in select cities -- just enough to give off the "effect" without going overboard.

Just some food for thought... not that I know what any of this entails code-wise. I could be completely off-base here myself.
If I ever do create that, then that's probably not what I'd do.
I mean, whenever you walk into a house, its lights are on.
It wouldn't make sense, then, to have some on outside and some not.
But I'll consider doing that for maybe Beta 2
__________________


My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Reply With Quote
  #88    
Old October 24th, 2010, 04:08 AM
Maxim
Heavy Metal Alchemist
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Srakaland Graveyard
Gender:
Nature: Lonely
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
I like and see what you're saying... until you get to the last paragraph. No, I won't be copying the buildings/trees from HG/SS because, if I did do your idea, then I think that fan-created ones would suit it much better.
But Game Freak's official presentation of the world will always be leagues more accurate and better-looking than some fanwank.

Especially that Project Platinum's tilesets give me an automatic regurgitative effect whenever I see them, just as much as the people who led that project (mostly elitist pricks who bash anyone who doesn't agree with them). Not to mention that they simply look dull, their Johto looks exactly the same as Kanto, it's so boring.

So, if you're neglecting official material, why don't you remake Kanto as well? After all, FRLG Kanto is just an inaccurate presentation of RGBY, just as HGSS is an inaccurate presentation of HGSS.
__________________
After 12 years of being a Pokemon fan, I'm officially quitting. This is not a rage quit and it has nothing to do with the Pokemon franchise. It's also NOT a sudden decision - I've planned it for months but I decided to stay a true, active Pokemon fan until the very last day. The reason for my leave is the fact that I'm starting my studies at the Uni and I decided that it's a perfect moment to move on with my life. I'll never forget all these awesome years and Pokemon will always be a part of my childhood memories. Goodbye friends! Thank you.
Reply With Quote
  #89    
Old October 24th, 2010, 06:25 AM
diegoisawesome's Avatar
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Goldenrod City, Johto
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxim View Post
But Game Freak's official presentation of the world will always be leagues more accurate and better-looking than some fanwank.

Especially that Project Platinum's tilesets give me an automatic regurgitative effect whenever I see them, just as much as the people who led that project (mostly elitist pricks who bash anyone who doesn't agree with them). Not to mention that they simply look dull, their Johto looks exactly the same as Kanto, it's so boring.

So, if you're neglecting official material, why don't you remake Kanto as well? After all, FRLG Kanto is just an inaccurate presentation of RGBY, just as HGSS is an inaccurate presentation of HGSS.
Yes, it may be more "accurate" and "better-looking" to what they had in mind, but mine is MUCH more accurate when compared to Crystal. And that's what I'm going for here.
If you like HGSS's maps and such, go play HGSS, not complain about how a fan remake isn't what Game Freak wanted it to be.

And well, I'm sorry about the tilesets giving you a regurgitative effect, but it IS mostly FRLG tileset, plus some sweet other things in FRLG format. I'll admit, however, to the fact that the two regions look the same; in the future, something will be done to make Kanto and Johto look different, but right now, it doesn't matter as much as it will when all the regions are present.

And well, why wouldn't I remake Kanto as well? Did you think I was simply going to copy FRLG's maps after all of the trouble of getting them as accurate to GSC as possible? No siree, they'll be remade, although following FRLG's representation a bit, too.
__________________


My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Reply With Quote
  #90    
Old October 24th, 2010, 04:24 PM
SilentWing's Avatar
SilentWing
クロバット
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In Every Cave
Nature: Quiet
@Maxim: I'm going out on a limb here, but I find the fan-made tiles in Light Platinum, Blue Sea Edition, and so on to be visually stunning -- an excellent expression of individuality and/or community effort.

Some people just have different "art" preferences. Some might like art to be so simple and gaudy as to actually come off "ugly" to others. You should understand this better than anyone, given your sig, which I thought was trying to make the same point!
__________________

I will always be proud to support zel and Shiny Gold.
Reply With Quote
  #91    
Old October 25th, 2010, 02:13 PM
diegoisawesome's Avatar
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Goldenrod City, Johto
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
@Maxim: I'm going out on a limb here, but I find the fan-made tiles in Light Platinum, Blue Sea Edition, and so on to be visually stunning -- an excellent expression of individuality and/or community effort.

Some people just have different "art" preferences. Some might like art to be so simple and gaudy as to actually come off "ugly" to others. You should understand this better than anyone, given your sig, which I thought was trying to make the same point!
Yeah. Personally, I think Project Platinum's tilesets are kickbutt. So are many fan-made ones.
__________________


My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Reply With Quote
  #92    
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:48 AM
Chimchar 9's Avatar
Chimchar 9
inactive ~ depression :/
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: England, Southampton.
Age: 20
Gender: Male
Nature: Calm
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Chimchar 9
This looks great! But could you make a change? like some part of the region snowy, or something like that? Anyway, good luck!
__________________
Pokemon Green Diamond
Status: On Hold.
Reply With Quote
  #93    
Old October 26th, 2010, 08:54 AM
SilentWing's Avatar
SilentWing
クロバット
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In Every Cave
Nature: Quiet
Oh, I see. So like one island is cold and snowy, another is tropical and rainy, another is desert-like and sunny, etc... and the Pokemon found on each reflect this. Speaking of which, if there's any room in the ROM and it's easy enough to do, you could also experiment with new tilesets (like those wonderful woody ones for the rainy island, etc).

But I imagine this is well into the future.

Is it possible to change Prof Birch's phone message to something else before you receive your Pokedex? (Or the label "Always Fun" for 'MOM'?) Otherwise, seeing 0 Pokemon on a non-existent Pokedex might seem odd. Also, the 'H' in Birch is cut off -- since he's already labeled a "PKMN PROF.", maybe you can just change it to BIRCH to avoid the overflow.

But really, it's very impressive we have a phone system now. I'm mesmerized by it, haha. That was one of the main GSC features I missed the most in remakes (besides Day/Night).
__________________

I will always be proud to support zel and Shiny Gold.
Reply With Quote
  #94    
Old October 26th, 2010, 01:17 PM
Superjub's Avatar
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
I'm going to play through the whole beta now that I have some free time. I have high hopes for this hack! :D
I'll also keep a look out for glitches.
  • Would it be possible to make it so you get the Map Card after the old man gives it to you? As it is bugging me that you have it from the start of the game... XD
  • I'm loving the fact that even small things like the radio (the tile, not the PokeGear function XD) are in the game. It's a shame they don't play music, but meh, I cna live without it.
  • The music is good too.
  • I like the Mystery Egg's sprite.
  • Oh, and how Mr. Pokemon has (what appears to be) a unique sprite. The same for Prof. Elm.
  • I'm a bit disappointed that you don't get to name your rival. :\
  • No more Wally! :D
  • Yay, Running Shoes! :D (For a second, I thought they wouldn't be in it.)
  • Mum/Mom doesn't save your money?
  • Didn't the machine in Prof. Elm's lab heal you in the original Pokemon Crystal, or am i thinking of something else...? Nevermind, you have to use the computer next to it! XD
  • The box that shows how much money you have when you are at a PokeMat is slightly cut off. Here's a screenshot:
    Spoiler:
  • According to the PokeGear, Youngster Joey is at the Union Cave when he should be at Route 30. Idk if you can change this, so excuse me if you can't.
  • Bug Catcher Wade doesn't get registered in your PokeGear. Again, I don't know if you're able to fix it.
  • Despite the Ruins of Alph's puzzle being dodgy (which you already know about, so this isn't me reporting a bug), it was fun. Plus, I loved how the hero falls down the hole. XD I know it was the same in the original, but it's still oddly cute in a wierd way. XD
  • I went and got the Running Shoes from Mom before I left, yet she still rings me to tell me I should have talked to her before I left, and says I don't have the Running Shoes...
  • Yay, the hidden rooms in the Ruins of Alph are in it... free items! XD But how come when you go down the hole with the unown letters on the floor, you end up at Violet City?
    Spoiler:
  • It seems Day/Night affects the evolution screen..? Fr example, if it's night, when you're Pokemon is evolving, the screen will still be tinted dark. o_o
  • Picnicker Liz doesn't get registered on the PokeGear... Is it only Joey who gets registered (out of the trainers you can battle)?
  • Nor does "you should take to your mom sometimes..." Ralph. Since I'm assuming it's only Joey who gets registered, I'm probably not going to say if a trainer that should get registered, doesn't get regisered into the PokeGear (unless there is another trainer that actually does get registered into the PokeGear.)
  • Another little error (check the spoiler for a screenshot.)
    Spoiler:
    /]
  • I'm loving the FireBreather sprite.
  • I love how you actually show Kurt lying on his back. :D

I'm looking for a Dunsparce at the moment...
I gave up on looking for Dunsparce! XD
__________________


Pokémon Aureolin




Last edited by Superjub; October 26th, 2010 at 03:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #95    
Old October 26th, 2010, 01:31 PM
diegoisawesome's Avatar
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Goldenrod City, Johto
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chimchar 9 View Post
This looks great! But could you make a change? like some part of the region snowy, or something like that? Anyway, good luck!
Erm, no thanks. Except for the area around the Ice Path (maybe), I wouldn't really want to mess with the original game's feeling.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
Oh, I see. So like one island is cold and snowy, another is tropical and rainy, another is desert-like and sunny, etc... and the Pokemon found on each reflect this. Speaking of which, if there's any room in the ROM and it's easy enough to do, you could also experiment with new tilesets (like those wonderful woody ones for the rainy island, etc).

But I imagine this is well into the future.

Is it possible to change Prof Birch's phone message to something else before you receive your Pokedex? (Or the label "Always Fun" for 'MOM'?) Otherwise, seeing 0 Pokemon on a non-existent Pokedex might seem odd. Also, the 'H' in Birch is cut off -- since he's already labeled a "PKMN PROF.", maybe you can just change it to BIRCH to avoid the overflow.

But really, it's very impressive we have a phone system now. I'm mesmerized by it, haha. That was one of the main GSC features I missed the most in remakes (besides Day/Night).
I lol'd. How is it so impressive that we have a phone feature that was already present in Emerald? XD
I did already change Mom's label, that's why it says 'Always Fun'
And, well, until I crack the ASM coding for the PokéNav, Birch will be unchanged, sadly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
I'm going to play through the whole beta now that I have some free time. I have high hopes for this hack! :D
I'll also keep a look out for glitches.
Sweet.
__________________


My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Reply With Quote
  #96    
Old October 27th, 2010, 07:51 PM
SilentWing's Avatar
SilentWing
クロバット
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In Every Cave
Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by diegoisawesome View Post
Erm, no thanks. Except for the area around the Ice Path (maybe), I wouldn't really want to mess with the original game's feeling. Ah, except perhaps he was referring to the Sevii Islands or another such "new" area?

I lol'd. How is it so impressive that we have a phone feature that was already present in Emerald? XD What's impressive isn't that it exists, but that it exists in a Johto remake. All the Fire Red revamps aside, last I checked the phone didn't work all that well even in Crystal Shards, which also used an Emerald base.
I did already change Mom's label, that's why it says 'Always Fun' ;) Ah...was it like that in the original? How strange! XD
And, well, until I crack the ASM coding for the PokéNav, Birch will be unchanged, sadly. :( The problem of last-letter overflow also exists in the money display, shown above by Retribution.
Responses in bold. (Always wanted to do that after seeing you do it!)
__________________

I will always be proud to support zel and Shiny Gold.
Reply With Quote
  #97    
Old October 28th, 2010, 02:04 PM
diegoisawesome's Avatar
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Goldenrod City, Johto
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
It looks like I have some response work on my hands...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
I'm going to play through the whole beta now that I have some free time. I have high hopes for this hack! :D
I'll also keep a look out for glitches.
  • Would it be possible to make it so you get the Map Card after the old man gives it to you? As it is bugging me that you have it from the start of the game... XD For now, I can't...
  • I'm loving the fact that even small things like the radio (the tile, not the PokeGear function XD) are in the game. It's a shame they don't play music, but meh, I cna live without it. Cool, thanks. They'll play music (hopefully) later on in development.
  • The music is good too. Sweet.
  • I like the Mystery Egg's sprite. Actually, that's from HG/SS, I believe. XD
  • Oh, and how Mr. Pokemon has (what appears to be) a unique sprite. The same for Prof. Elm. Yeah. No more generic Scientist and Gentleman anymore!
  • I'm a bit disappointed that you don't get to name your rival. :\ Well, as it wasn't in the original Emerald, I couldn't do it yet.
  • No more Wally! :D Well, what did you expect? That I would leave him in? XD
  • Yay, Running Shoes! :D (For a second, I thought they wouldn't be in it.) Well, why wouldn't they be? I wouldn't have to force you to go through the whole game at a snail's pace! XD
  • Mum/Mom doesn't save your money? Nope, again a limitation of Emerald.
  • Didn't the machine in Prof. Elm's lab heal you in the original Pokemon Crystal, or am i thinking of something else...? Nevermind, you have to use the computer next to it! XD Yeah, just like Crystal, remember.
  • The box that shows how much money you have when you are at a PokeMat is slightly cut off. Here's a screenshot:
    Spoiler:
    Yes, that's caused by the font change. I'll have to fix that, as well as some other things, sometime or another.
  • According to the PokeGear, Youngster Joey is at the Union Cave when he should be at Route 30. Idk if you can change this, so excuse me if you can't. Limitation of not being able to edit the PokéNav yet.
  • Bug Catcher Wade doesn't get registered in your PokeGear. Again, I don't know if you're able to fix it. See above.
  • Despite the Ruins of Alph's puzzle being dodgy (which you already know about, so this isn't me reporting a bug), it was fun. Plus, I loved how the hero falls down the hole. XD I know it was the same in the original, but it's still oddly cute in a wierd way. XD Wait... You have the actual RoA? Download the latest patch at once, and restart from the beginning. Another person on here and I found out that all variables are reset upon use, so download the new patch and restart from the beginning.
  • I went and got the Running Shoes from Mom before I left, yet she still rings me to tell me I should have talked to her before I left, and says I don't have the Running Shoes... See above. That's one thing that'll happen because of that...
  • Yay, the hidden rooms in the Ruins of Alph are in it... free items! XD But how come when you go down the hole with the unown letters on the floor, you end up at Violet City?
    Spoiler:
    Dang it, seems as though I forgot to fix the warps... Again, download the new patch, everyone.
  • It seems Day/Night affects the evolution screen..? Fr example, if it's night, when you're Pokemon is evolving, the screen will still be tinted dark. o_o D/N system glitch.
  • Picnicker Liz doesn't get registered on the PokeGear... Is it only Joey who gets registered (out of the trainers you can battle)? Yeah, limitation of the PokéNav again. The trainers I replaced to have my own didn't have any PokéNav values, and therefore don't get registered correctly.
  • Nor does "you should take to your mom sometimes..." Ralph. Since I'm assuming it's only Joey who gets registered, I'm probably not going to say if a trainer that should get registered, doesn't get regisered into the PokeGear (unless there is another trainer that actually does get registered into the PokeGear.) Look at above answer.
  • Another little error (check the spoiler for a screenshot.)
    Spoiler:
    /]
    Yet again, download the new patch. (Jeez, so many [small] errors... XD)
  • I'm loving the FireBreather sprite. Credits to Pokémon Platinum GSC.
  • I love how you actually show Kurt lying on his back. :D See above answer.
  • I'm looking for a Dunsparce at the moment... I gave up on looking for Dunsparce! XD Where were you looking?
Responses in bold.
Thanks for being so thorough! I appreciate it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
Ah, except perhaps he was referring to the Sevii Islands or another such "new" area? Possibly. I might do that for Sevii if I can find good enough tilesets.

What's impressive isn't that it exists, but that it exists in a Johto remake. All the Fire Red revamps aside, last I checked the phone didn't work all that well even in Crystal Shards, which also used an Emerald base. Ah, I see.

Ah...was it like that in the original? How strange! XD No, in the original, Mom didn't have a title. Maybe I should change it to "Parent"? Yeah, I'll go ahead and do that. Release of this will be in next fix, not current.

The problem of last-letter overflow also exists in the money display, shown above by Retribution. Yes. As I told Retribution, this happens because of my changing Emerald's font to FireRed's. It doesn't matter all that much right now, anyways, because it isn't even Oak yet, so I'll leave it as that right now.

Responses in bold. (Always wanted to do that after seeing you do it!) It's just a really easy way to respond to everything singularly.
Responses in bold... copier! XD
__________________


My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles

Last edited by diegoisawesome; October 28th, 2010 at 03:29 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #98    
Old October 29th, 2010, 03:15 AM
Superjub's Avatar
Superjub
Pokémon Aureolin
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Hoenn
Age: 19
Gender: Male
Nature: Timid
Whoops! XD That probably explains most of the glitches. I thought I re-downloaded it, but I must have forgot to. X'D Anyway, I love the PCC. I have a question about the odd egg: does it still have a high chance of being shiny like in Pokemon Crystal?
__________________


Pokémon Aureolin



Reply With Quote
  #99    
Old October 29th, 2010, 06:36 PM
diegoisawesome's Avatar
diegoisawesome
Not the Script Help Thread
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Goldenrod City, Johto
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Quirky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retribution View Post
Whoops! XD That probably explains most of the glitches. I thought I re-downloaded it, but I must have forgot to. X'D Anyway, I love the PCC. I have a question about the odd egg: does it still have a high chance of being shiny like in Pokemon Crystal?
Well, TBH I don't really know.
I did set the right chance of there being a shiny, but I don't know if the Shinyzer works on eggs...
__________________


My other resources:
My Website
diegoisawesome's MEGA-HUGE XSE Scripting Tutorial
diegoisawesome's Miscellaneous Finds
The Ruins of Alph Puzzles
Reply With Quote
  #100    
Old November 10th, 2010, 04:20 AM
pikachuhatesmk's Avatar
pikachuhatesmk
Unhatched Egg
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Gender: Male
I have a problem trying to download this, when I click the download link I get a shining opal thing, could you fix that? and btw what's an .aps file?
Reply With Quote
Reply
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links


Advertise here
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 12:14 PM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.