The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Sign Up Rules/FAQ Live Battle Blogs Mark Forums Read

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.


View Poll Results: Which tiles should I use?
The Current Tiles 7 35.00%
The FireRed Tiles (With Edits) 13 65.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Thread Tools
  #101    
Old October 7th, 2010, 07:58 PM
FireShock
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
Beta two is for the most part finished. All that's left is a few scripts in the last gym of the beta. After that I will need some people for beta testing. So if you would like to beta test please let me know.

Now, on to the main problem of my hack. The tiles. While there are people that like them, there are other people that dislike them because of how overused they are. So, I will put up a poll to decide which tiles I'll be using for this hack. The choices are between the current tiles and the FireRed tiles with some edits.

Also, from now on, if you have a question about my hack please PM or VM me instead of posting here.
  #102    
Old October 7th, 2010, 11:26 PM
chriskid198's Avatar
chriskid198
Happy New Year!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
I would like to Beta test.

I don't have any past experience, but you need to start somewhere, right?
  #103    
Old October 19th, 2010, 11:27 AM
GreenLatios's Avatar
GreenLatios
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Hmmm... the tiles look good, but the old FR tiles seem old an boring.

The mining thing looks interesting. Are you trying to make it like D/P/P Sinnoh underground?
__________________
... What??? Shiny Latios are TURQUOISE?
  #104    
Old October 20th, 2010, 10:33 AM
MaX Kazuki's Avatar
MaX Kazuki
The QZ
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: SunnyShore City, Sinnoh
Gender: Male
Nature: Mild
i wanna confirm something,
if i play beta 1 and save after 3rd gym battle ,can i continue it on beta 2 ?
  #105    
Old October 22nd, 2010, 11:56 PM
SilentWing's Avatar
SilentWing
クロバット
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: In Every Cave
Nature: Quiet
The tiles are overused? Generic? These tiles look utterly gorgeous. I've yet to see a showcased hack actually stick with them for the long haul, making these gems actually much rarer in mature hacks.

The FR tiles are the ones that are overused, since all the "major" hacks here use them! :P ;)

You're so close to a full-gym beta; why turn back on the tiles now, eh? Might as well "edit" these ones or refresh them with some even more daring new ones. But FR again?

Cheers!
__________________

I will always be proud to support zel and Shiny Gold.
  #106    
Old October 24th, 2010, 09:05 AM
Surge360's Avatar
Surge360
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Gender: Male
FireShocked, Would you be able to let me test it? (I'm Brian2one0 on youtube) Just send me a message from your account. Surely your remember me.
  #107    
Old October 24th, 2010, 01:47 PM
FireShock
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaX Kazuki View Post
i wanna confirm something,
if i play beta 1 and save after 3rd gym battle ,can i continue it on beta 2 ?
Well, after this update I highly recommend that you start a new file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilentWing View Post
The tiles are overused? Generic? These tiles look utterly gorgeous. I've yet to see a showcased hack actually stick with them for the long haul, making these gems actually much rarer in mature hacks.

The FR tiles are the ones that are overused, since all the "major" hacks here use them!

You're so close to a full-gym beta; why turn back on the tiles now, eh? Might as well "edit" these ones or refresh them with some even more daring new ones. But FR again?

Cheers!
They do look nice, but I think I'm better off with the FireRed tiles. And by looking at the poll other people think so too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surge360 View Post
FireShocked, Would you be able to let me test it? (I'm Brian2one0 on youtube) Just send me a message from your account. Surely your remember me.
Yes, I do remember you. I'll message you on there.

Well, I'm gonna hold off on releasing beta two for now. That is because I'm going to update the tiles with the FireRed ones. I also think this is the perfect time to go back and update all of my maps with a different style. Everything else for beta two is finished.

Anybody that was going to beta test still can when it's ready. I hope to have beta two finished with in the next month.
  #108    
Old November 5th, 2010, 12:04 AM
chriskid198's Avatar
chriskid198
Happy New Year!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
FireShock, how's Beta 2 coming? Have you finished updating the Tiles with FireRed ones yet?
__________________
Looking for Team Members for my game! PM me if your interested.
VDex:
GPX+:
  #109    
Old November 5th, 2010, 11:32 AM
FireShock
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by chriskid198 View Post
FireShock, how's Beta 2 coming? Have you finished updating the Tiles with FireRed ones yet?
It's coming along nicely. I've got all of the FireRed tiles back in to my hack along with some other ones. All I've got to do is remap everything. I'm about half way done with that. Then Beta Two should be ready for beta testing.
  #110    
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:12 AM
Cryostylz's Avatar
Cryostylz
Beginning Trainer
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: TAIWAN!!!!
Gender: Male
Nature: Hardy
uhh don't mean to be complaining or anything, but I found it a bit easy - even through beating Chris took me some time, i beat him with only a medium team
lvl 45 Charizard, lvl 6 Sandshrew, lvl 7 pikachu, lvl 13 nidoran, lvl 20 Onamyte (however you spell it) and a lvl 25 Scizor
I was wondering if it could be made a little bit harder XP because its a great hack and with a great storyboard, it is just a bit easy. Though I love the idea of looking through a recycling bin to find items. Love the idea of Renon Underground though and the new ideas. Though I don't know if it is only me, but when I enter and exit Cerise Forest, the rain continues to fall until i get next to the pokemon center (it is a bit picky and i don't really mind rain for a few more tiles). And, is there a map? or did I forget to get it at the start ? Still, a great hack and an immense pleasure to play
  #111    
Old November 6th, 2010, 04:58 PM
chriskid198's Avatar
chriskid198
Happy New Year!
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Australia
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by FireShock View Post
It's coming along nicely. I've got all of the FireRed tiles back in to my hack along with some other ones. All I've got to do is remap everything. I'm about half way done with that. Then Beta Two should be ready for beta testing.
Okay, cool.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryostylz View Post
uhh don't mean to be complaining or anything, but I found it a bit easy - even through beating Chris took me some time, i beat him with only a medium team
lvl 45 Charizard, lvl 6 Sandshrew, lvl 7 pikachu, lvl 13 nidoran, lvl 20 Onamyte (however you spell it) and a lvl 25 Scizor
I was wondering if it could be made a little bit harder XP because its a great hack and with a great storyboard, it is just a bit easy. Though I love the idea of looking through a recycling bin to find items. Love the idea of Renon Underground though and the new ideas. Though I don't know if it is only me, but when I enter and exit Cerise Forest, the rain continues to fall until i get next to the pokemon center (it is a bit picky and i don't really mind rain for a few more tiles). And, is there a map? or did I forget to get it at the start ? Still, a great hack and an immense pleasure to play
Try going through the game and raise an even team. No wonder its easy, you got a level 45 Charizard..
__________________
Looking for Team Members for my game! PM me if your interested.
VDex:
GPX+:
  #112    
Old December 29th, 2010, 07:06 PM
Konekodemon's Avatar
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NC
Age: 29
Gender: Female
Nature: Jolly
Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Where is that forest the 3rd gym leader went to? I don't know how to get there.
__________________

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
  #113    
Old December 30th, 2010, 09:42 AM
peyi
Tiler
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Gender:
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to peyi
It looks good but maybe a change of tiles could be great
Kyledove style will be using until he die haha
__________________
This signature has been disabled.
Your signature is too tall by 42px.
Please review and fix the issues by reading the signature rules.

You must edit it to meet the limits set by the rules before you may remove the [sig-reason] code from your signature. Removing this tag will re-enable it.

Do not remove the tag until you fix the issues in your signature. You may be infracted for removing this tag if you do not fix the specified issues. Do not use this tag for decoration purposes.
  #114    
Old February 5th, 2011, 03:25 PM
Gengarx33's Avatar
Gengarx33
Ze' Awesomeness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bronx, NY
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Gengarx33
Amazing game! I've played Beta 1, and I found it astounding.
I love how you added a police station, no one would've thought of that.
Also, the tiles, simply amazing. One of the most beautiful tiles out of all the hacks I've played. Keep up the good work. I hope you can complete this game soon, so I can beat it. Also, in your post you said there are 2 new regions, do you mean like the jhoto region games? First the Jhoto Region, then the Kanto? If so, That's even more awesome!
I didn't find anything I didn't like. Good luck!

P.S; I've sent a private message.
  #115    
Old February 5th, 2011, 09:13 PM
FireShock
Trainer
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Gender: Male
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gengarx33 View Post
Amazing game! I've played Beta 1, and I found it astounding.
I love how you added a police station, no one would've thought of that.
Also, the tiles, simply amazing. One of the most beautiful tiles out of all the hacks I've played. Keep up the good work. I hope you can complete this game soon, so I can beat it. Also, in your post you said there are 2 new regions, do you mean like the jhoto region games? First the Jhoto Region, then the Kanto? If so, That's even more awesome!
I didn't find anything I didn't like. Good luck!

P.S; I've sent a private message.
Thanks! I sent you a PM back.

Well, it's been a while since I posted any updates. So, here are some screen shots of the newly revamped Pokemon Palladium.

Spoiler:




Note: Some of the trees are still missing shading.
  #116    
Old February 5th, 2011, 09:55 PM
KaiVii's Avatar
KaiVii
Mime Jr.
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: USA
Gender: Female
Nature: Quiet
I have to say I'm extremely disappointing in the tile change...The first ones were pretty and unique and these look...dated and not near as good imo. I'm still looking forward to the game but...that was a step back imo.
__________________



http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=196223

  #117    
Old February 6th, 2011, 12:06 AM
Poke_M0's Avatar
Poke_M0
(Hidden)
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: In Mah Haws
Age: 18
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaiVii View Post
I have to say I'm extremely disappointing in the tile change...The first ones were pretty and unique and these look...dated and not near as good imo. I'm still looking forward to the game but...that was a step back imo.
I have to agree with the dude here but there's nothing we can do now..
__________________




  #118    
Old February 6th, 2011, 05:55 AM
Quilava's Master's Avatar
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Nature: Adamant
I am quite pleased with the tiles, how you reverted to FR/LG style. In my opinion the base you used before was WAY overused and is what actually stopped me from giving this hack a proper look over. Either way good luck with this.
__________________
The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
  #119    
Old February 10th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Gengarx33's Avatar
Gengarx33
Ze' Awesomeness
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Bronx, NY
Gender: Male
Nature: Adamant
Send a message via AIM to Gengarx33
You know what I think? When you battle, the thing is black, and the hp and experience is purple. I think you should Leave the hp as green, orange, and red, and the exp as blue. But still have the black bar thing. o-o
  #120    
Old June 25th, 2011, 02:02 PM
RetroRoller's Avatar
RetroRoller
Pop-Punk Pizza Party
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: England
Gender: Male
Nature: Jolly
Hey, this is pretty awesome. I played a quick 5 minutes of it, and I might (with your permission) make a video walkthrough of it.

If it's okay, I'm not certain if I should wait for the next beta, but it seems that you've made a lot of game-time in one beta and if I patch it when the new one is released... lose all my progress...

Ah well. It's a great hack and a great work :D
__________________
Eat pizza and stay punk rock

I map for the Source SDK and dabble in ROM Hacking hmu.
  #121    
Old June 25th, 2011, 04:41 PM
colcolstyles's Avatar
colcolstyles
Yours truly
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: The Bay Area
Gender: Male
Nature: Lonely
RetroRoller, please don't revive threads that have been dead for over a month.

Closed
__________________

Brother of Vrai
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Minimum Characters Per Post: 25



All times are UTC -8. The time now is 11:57 AM.


Style by Nymphadora, artwork by Sa-Dui.
Like our Facebook Page Follow us on Twitter © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity™, pokecommunity.com.
Pokémon characters and images belong to The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo. This website is in no way affiliated with or endorsed by Nintendo, Creatures, GAMEFREAK, The Pokémon Company or The Pokémon Company International. We just love Pokémon.
All forum styles, their images (unless noted otherwise) and site designs are © 2002 - 2014 The PokéCommunity / PokéCommunity.com.
PokéCommunity™ is a trademark of The PokéCommunity. All rights reserved. Sponsor advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service. User generated content remains the property of its creator.