The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 24th, 2010, 11:01 PM
Germaniac
Victoria Concordia Crescit

Nature: Relaxed

Advertise here
Since it BW Demake I do say original Pokemon, and I think DE is Demake...
Old October 25th, 2010, 12:20 AM
dead-man-walking
Alive and well

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to dead-man-walking
If Fakemons doesn't fit, then don't try to insert them. Just an advice. :)
Old October 27th, 2010, 08:23 AM
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

This looks like it might be the start of something amazing... I hope appearances aren't deceiving in this case. Perhaps you ought to concentrate on the scripting and storyline before the graphics? That always works for me.

As for the BW Pokémon versus the Fakemon... I love good Fakemon, and I love BW Pokémon. But I think I love the Fifth Generation's offering more. I mean, how can a region populated by electric zebras, wickedly aristocratic snakes and afro'd buffaloes not be considered the best of the best?

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:22 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterSong View Post
A Black / White Demake? Sounds pretty interesting. :3 I hope you all the best, but, are you gonna add variations to make this more original or no?
This will be original, I just really need to find the time to do it. Darn school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by アルセウス View Post
Since it BW Demake I do say original Pokemon, and I think DE is Demake...
*facepalm*
Well, I guess I know something new today.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dead-man-walking View Post
If Fakemons doesn't fit, then don't try to insert them. Just an advice.
I'll keep that in mind. In fact, I'm thinking about inserting a whole bunch, but everybody would probably hate it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
This looks like it might be the start of something amazing... I hope appearances aren't deceiving in this case. Perhaps you ought to concentrate on the scripting and storyline before the graphics? That always works for me.

As for the BW Pokémon versus the Fakemon... I love good Fakemon, and I love BW Pokémon. But I think I love the Fifth Generation's offering more. I mean, how can a region populated by electric zebras, wickedly aristocratic snakes and afro'd buffaloes not be considered the best of the best?
Yep, just started to do scripting. Almost finished before you get your first Pokemon. That's about three scripts already.

Sorry everyone for not replying earlier, life has been busy. I promise to put more effort into the game and, in the meanwhile, have some fun for you to think of.
What should my titlescreen be? What would you like on it? Please tell me, I'm running out of ideas.
Old November 13th, 2010, 05:05 AM
Baronnecro
AKA TolerantX

Nature: Careful
are they considered FAKEMONS if they are from B&W? I know thats not fake, just made by a spriter and VERY unfamiliar to everyone. I like the idea of adding pokemon from B&W as well as some D/P/Pl.
Old November 25th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Team Fail
The fine line between in|sanity
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
Oh, an actual mapper. And you seem kind at that. Perhaps I shall look into this.
How's this going? And, here's a trick, how will you do Hiun City? I'd love to see that. I might try with an UT rom, just for a challenge.

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Follow me on Twitter! @TeamFail
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online
Alt 2: Jack Cayman

[04:20.39] <@GoGo> I WILL INSERT WITH PLEASURE
[04:20.45] <@GoGo> shut it Bela

[05:41.55] <Team_Fail> Blue Spider is interesting, but #MEHMasterRace
[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world
Old November 25th, 2010, 09:05 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronnecro View Post
are they considered FAKEMONS if they are from B&W? I know thats not fake, just made by a spriter and VERY unfamiliar to everyone. I like the idea of adding pokemon from B&W as well as some D/P/Pl.
Well, I don't think so. What i meant was, well... nevermind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
How's this going? And, here's a trick, how will you do Hiun City? I'd love to see that. I might try with an UT rom, just for a challenge.
So painfully boring right now!
I having soo much fun! I just finished the improved moves from Gen 4 onwards (Ex: Fire Spin now has a base of 35 and accuracy of 85), but wish i could add more moves to the game (Ex: Zoroark's signature move, Night Burst).

As for Huin City, I'm not sure yet. More that likely, I'll leave it as 2-D, since I'm outta ideas at the moment.
Old November 25th, 2010, 09:13 PM
Meduza
Majestic Dawn

You should wait until Pokemon Black and White comes out in English.

That way, you can have all the people and Pokemon names in English

Pokémon of the Day

Rotom
February 25, 2011
Old November 25th, 2010, 10:37 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Hey, there's an Update in here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meduza View Post
You should wait until Pokemon Black and White comes out in English.

That way, you can have all the people and Pokemon names in English
Well, in all honesty, there are two reasons why I choose to do it now.
1) I'm impatient
2) I want people to see what the games were like before translations. before the cheesy English names and such. Plus, I want it to have that "different" feel too. It's definitely not going to change to the Unova region.

Now the Slightly Disappointing Updates!
In the meanwhile that this hack goes unnoticed, I have been (somewhat) working hard on it. One thing I did do (and said so in my previous post) was edit the moves and begin inserting icons. I'd show you some icons, but I forgot to take them before I closed VBA. Plus, I didn't save so I decided to not show you my half-work (only half of the icons were replaced, I find it hard to find the two-frame icons) and wait for another day. So for now:

(And yes, I do notice the error in Zoroark's Pokedex Entry)
Old November 26th, 2010, 01:33 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

I'm mapping Shippou City. It is quite pleasant to map.

HERE IT IS!!

Spoiler:
Attached Images
File Type: png Shippou City.png‎ (91.4 KB, 574 views) (Save to Dropbox)

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

[05:42.20] <diegoisawesome> Team_Fail: Sounds like a bunch of unmotivated people that still want to try to take over the world

Last edited by colcolstyles; December 18th, 2010 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Adding a spoiler
Old December 4th, 2010, 11:09 AM
Ultima1
Pro Mapper

Can't wait till the hack is done, downloading for sure! Also the gen 5 pokemon look like fakemon so adding fakemon won't really be necessary.

For the title screens put a picture of reshiram/zekrom. And make the bg white or black!

Last edited by giradialkia; December 5th, 2010 at 10:30 AM. Reason: double posting
Old December 5th, 2010, 05:24 PM
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh Blazer View Post
Hey, there's an Update in here!

Well, in all honesty, there are two reasons why I choose to do it now.
1) I'm impatient
2) I want people to see what the games were like before translations. before the cheesy English names and such. Plus, I want it to have that "different" feel too. It's definitely not going to change to the Unova region.

Now the Slightly Disappointing Updates!
In the meanwhile that this hack goes unnoticed, I have been (somewhat) working hard on it. One thing I did do (and said so in my previous post) was edit the moves and begin inserting icons. I'd show you some icons, but I forgot to take them before I closed VBA. Plus, I didn't save so I decided to not show you my half-work (only half of the icons were replaced, I find it hard to find the two-frame icons) and wait for another day. So for now:

(And yes, I do notice the error in Zoroark's Pokedex Entry)
In the game resources section there's all the B/W icons, both frames. This hack looks pretty nice, although I'm not a fan of the tiles. Good luck, I'll be checking back occasionally.
Old December 16th, 2010, 06:54 PM
AeroDud3
Beginning Trainer

i'm really interested and will follow this hack now! do you need any kind of help like scripting or sprites or sprite inserting? I am a decent scripter, I can make sprites 64x64 and indexed, and insert icons and sprites.
Old December 18th, 2010, 05:35 AM
Baronnecro
AKA TolerantX

yess, what I've been waiting for excellent updates man! I like how everything is progressing beautifully. as a special request: ("I'm still waiting to see how that reindeer pokemon looks when inserted.") (*wink *wink*) (btw... to me your Janoby sprite looks especially amazing)
Old December 18th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Team Fail
Community Supporter

What do you need me to map now? Anything of interest yet?

Pairs:
Kevin, Echidna
Alt 1, リザードン
Miiverse
Pokémon Hackers Online

Old December 19th, 2010, 06:19 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by AeroDud3 View Post
i'm really interested and will follow this hack now! do you need any kind of help like scripting or sprites or sprite inserting? I am a decent scripter, I can make sprites 64x64 and indexed, and insert icons and sprites.
Why thank you for the encouragement! It's people like you that make me stop crying myself to sleep at night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baronnecro View Post
yess, what I've been waiting for excellent updates man! I like how everything is progressing beautifully. as a special request: ("I'm still waiting to see how that reindeer pokemon looks when inserted.") (*wink *wink*) (btw... to me your Janoby sprite looks especially amazing)

Well, I've got an idea of how I'm going to do the reindeer (*cough* something with Castform *cough*
) and I must give creditz to TB Pro, but now he isn't doing them so Imma have to do 'em solo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Fail View Post
What do you need me to map now? Anything of interest yet?
Umm... Imma PM ya. Did you ever "naturalize" that one map you did?

It's time for...
Super-Tiny-And-Not-Worth-Your-Time-Update!

So I finally finished doing the things inside of your house and finished mapping the downstairs area (did upstairs too, but it wasn't important enough to be shown) and can be found here:

As you can see, I never finished changing OW's and was hoping somebody would help with it.

Lastly, I got tired of the tree tiles (they looked like a lump of poo after I ate vegetables) and want feedback on what tree should replace it. Please, provide pictures!
Old December 22nd, 2010, 09:22 AM
Ultima1
Pro Mapper

Just a question will all the black and white legendaries be featured in this game?

Old December 24th, 2010, 02:27 PM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
Tbh...I don't quite see the point in this when Black and White haven't even been released outside Japan. You're eventually gonna have to go back and edit everything :\
Also...please change the tiles, they are so overused
Old December 24th, 2010, 04:18 PM
Teh Blazer
Divider of Zero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima1 View Post
Just a question will all the black and white legendaries be featured in this game?
Why yes, yes they will. Just not in the places you'd expect them to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altariaking View Post
Tbh...I don't quite see the point in this when Black and White haven't even been released outside Japan. You're eventually gonna have to go back and edit everything :\
Also...please change the tiles, they are so overused
Homestly, I won't go back ad edit anything once B/W are released in America. This was never intended to be an accurate demake of the game at all. In fact, half of the things that were in the originals won't happen here, new things will happen and new doors will be opened that (hopefully) make you look at Isshu/Unova differently. This is my take on it, and I promise things will be different.

Plus, I hate the tiles too.
Old December 24th, 2010, 06:11 PM
Ultima1
Pro Mapper

Also will all of the 5th generation pokemon be featured in the game?

Old December 28th, 2010, 10:17 PM
msfan645
Back from Inactivity

Nature: Mild
Nice. Hope to see more!
(I posted the same exact comment on another hack, lol.)
Old December 28th, 2010, 10:20 PM
Purple Materia
Shape the future!
Community Supporter Tier 4

Hmm, I really like the idea of this.

I definitely support this. :D

If you got some room, throw in a second region - maybe a combination of Kanto and Johto? Kohto? Jonto?

"I have fallen from the Land of Magic. I am Stardust Witch Meruru!"
Combat Arms | Raptr | Hummingbird | Last.fm

Last edited by Purple Materia; December 28th, 2010 at 10:29 PM.
Old January 5th, 2011, 04:35 PM
Silent the Lucario
Novice Mapper

I can't wait to see how this looks when it's done anyway do you have a percentage of how much of the game you have done :D i know it will be awesome when done
Old January 6th, 2011, 11:52 AM
ironlucario
God of All Kips

Nature: Lax
Ill help with sprites and other things just tell me what to do
Old January 15th, 2011, 05:20 AM
Ultima1
Pro Mapper

I'm looking forward to see the first beta come out! I bet it's gonna be awesome! Also are the fifth generation pokemon going to have the cries they have in black and white, or are they going to have the old cries?

Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here