The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > ROM Hacking Hub

Notices

ROM Hacking Hub General discussions about ROM Hacking and Emulation. Not sure where to start? This is the place for you.
Posting links to ROMs is illegal and is not tolerated anywhere on the forum.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 24th, 2010, 12:13 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by leogrecchi View Post
Is there any patch for Heart Gold that fix the anti-piracy stuff?
i'm tired of game freezing every 10 battles/events.
As I'd heard there are only Action Replay codes.
But I've never tried it. I've beaten SS by saving a closing emulator =D

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old October 25th, 2010, 07:46 AM
helloehello001
Beginning Trainer

this emulator is workable????? i tried many before, but i still cant play
Old November 4th, 2010, 11:11 AM
Petemon
GO Abra

Nature: Careful
the rom image has crashed comes up like every 50 mins on no$gba help please
Old November 4th, 2010, 11:55 AM
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petemon View Post
Save often, emulators don't run for very long with the DS Pokemon games.
Old November 7th, 2010, 04:20 AM
Platinum Lucario
The Legendary Master of Light!
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petemon View Post
This only happens on Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver. This is why you have to save often, like what Ooka said. You might also want to try and find an Anti-Piracy patch to fix the problem once and for all, like what Blazichu said.

However, I'm pretty sure there is a way of bypassing the Anti Piracy without the patch or Action Replay code, that is if the developers of DeSmuME were able to do it. Just remember, with ROM Hacking... anything's possible. Nothing is impossible at all. ;)

EDIT: However, I know the crashing from the Anti-Piracy occurs in Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs, however you can prevent it from happening by changing the 3D settings often.

sure does feel like a brand new adventure!

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!

Last edited by Platinum Lucario; November 7th, 2010 at 04:25 AM.
Old November 9th, 2010, 09:51 PM
Choc-Chip-Kuki
Beginning Trainer

I'm using Desmume to play soulsilver thats been patched with Ruldoph's patch. It helps stop some of the freezing, but it still freezes when i try to save and the battle with team rocket boss Ariana (its a double battle with Lance). Help?
Old November 10th, 2010, 02:20 PM
[Dootakun]
Frightening Glare

Using no$GBA, I found out (then found out that it was already known) that if I save and close the emulator really quickly, it didn't crash. It worked for some time.

But now, when I load the rom, and it gets to the main screen, once I click "Start" (I think it's only then, because I tried the pokewalker screen and it worked) it has the FATAL CRASH.

Any known remedy for this?
Old November 13th, 2010, 11:16 AM
ZidaneTribal
Beginning Trainer

Do it give some HG/SS hacks? I want to have a challenge like Pokémon Bloody Platinum. So it can be a hack, who are the Pokémon stronger and other sets with other Trainer-strategies. And one inportant thing is, that you can catch all 493 Pokémon.

If you know a hack, please send me that in this post or send me a PM. Thanks a lot.

Last edited by ZidaneTribal; November 13th, 2010 at 12:21 PM.
Old November 21st, 2010, 12:31 PM
Will94
Trainer Card Maker

Nature: Jolly
Okay so there I am choosing my gender, typing my name and listening to Oak babble on, he finishes his speech, shrinks me, and then the screen goes black!! The music continues to play but nothing happens!!
What can I do to fix this?!?!

Do you want a Trainer Card like this?
Do you just want a plain old Trainer Card?

Then visit Will94's Trainer Card Shop! Your one stop shop for all things Trainer Card!
Old December 2nd, 2010, 01:42 PM
Unova
Beginning Trainer

Hi there! A few months ago I've played Pokemon hg, I've played in desmume (nice emu), and it went good, a few errors, like freeze, stuck, characters disapered etc. but in the end, after i defeated the elite four and the champ, i don't went to the other region, and the game stopped so i don't finished it.

I'll ask you to give me your opinion, tell me your errors and advise me.

tell me your emu please.

this time i would like to play ss, I would like too to play it 100% english (i'm no good at Japanese ).

send me an email: [email protected].

If there is some patch to fix this problem tell me XD. I would like to play on desmume, (unless it worked for you another, but the save state is very useful...)

(I know there are lots of topics about this issue, but most part are fake... help me please! I love pokemon)
Old December 3rd, 2010, 11:12 PM
Platinum Lucario
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZidaneTribal View Post
I have a question:

Do it give some HG/SS hacks? I want to have a challenge like Pokémon Bloody Platinum. So it can be a hack, who are the Pokémon stronger and other sets with other Trainer-strategies. And one inportant thing is, that you can catch all 493 Pokémon.

If you know a hack, please send me that in this post or send me a PM. Thanks a lot.
There is one that I know of, however... it has not been released yet. It's called Pokémon HeartGold/SoulSilver DX, which is a harder version of HeartGold and SoulSilver. The hack thread is be located here if you want to see it for yourself. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Will94 View Post
Okay so there I am choosing my gender, typing my name and listening to Oak babble on, he finishes his speech, shrinks me, and then the screen goes black!! The music continues to play but nothing happens!!
What can I do to fix this?!?!
What sort of Emulator are you using? :\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unova View Post
Hi there! A few months ago I've played Pokemon hg, I've played in desmume (nice emu), and it went good, a few errors, like freeze, stuck, characters disapered etc. but in the end, after i defeated the elite four and the champ, i don't went to the other region, and the game stopped so i don't finished it.

I'll ask you to give me your opinion, tell me your errors and advise me.

tell me your emu please.

this time i would like to play ss, I would like too to play it 100% english (i'm no good at Japanese :P).

send me an email: [email protected].

If there is some patch to fix this problem tell me XD. I would like to play on desmume, (unless it worked for you another, but the save state is very useful...)

(I know there are lots of topics about this issue, but most part are fake... help me please! I love pokemon)
OK, well there's two options for this, either search Google for the US version of Pokémon Soul Silver or use Magius's English patch for a Japanese Pokémon Soul Silver, which is found in this thread. However, you might need to also download a patch that removes the coding in which slows down the Emulator 'till it freezes, which also found in that thread.

I'm really looking forward to learning how to understand what the hex values mean and how to create programs using Microsoft Visual Studio!

Always focus on the present, best thing to do! Never look back into the past and never worry about anything bad of the future!
Old December 4th, 2010, 03:56 AM
Will94
Trainer Card Maker

I am using NO$Gba, I thought I posted that?!?!

Do you want a Trainer Card like this?
Do you just want a plain old Trainer Card?

Then visit Will94's Trainer Card Shop! Your one stop shop for all things Trainer Card!
Old December 4th, 2010, 05:46 AM
firequak
Beginning Trainer

is there a rom that lets u play dimond or pearl on visual boy advance becuz the ds e,ulators sck they keep crashing
Old December 4th, 2010, 08:58 PM
Platinum Lucario
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will94 View Post
I am using NO$Gba, I thought I posted that?!?!
I see, I'm sorry... I don't think I saw that post, but anyways...

Pokémon HeartGold and Pokémon SoulSilver cannot run properly on No$GBA, due to a coding that the emulator cannot read properly, which means it will easily freeze. The DS emulator DeSmuME will work better with HeartGold and SoulSilver, but still will freeze after like... 30 minutes. This is why you'd have to save often in the game before it freezes again.

However, there is a patch to fixing that problem, but I do reckon that the emulators really do need to have support for reading the codings in the games that is only supported with a Nintendo DS. However I do see that Nintendo has been doing alot of things to use codings that are not supported by an emulator yet. This is pretty much why people think it's an "Anti-Piracy" thing, but I think it's actually a coding that is not supported by an emulator or flash card yet.

Old December 23rd, 2010, 06:14 PM
boomerlok
Unhatched Egg

hey guys um sorry if this redundant if somebody already posted these problems, my pc is being !#$%%^%$# so it won't let me do much, i can't look at the other pages, i can barely even get to this spot to post this so if it gets up, well wow it made. Anyways, I've had these problems on No$gba with both roms, hg and ss, after the intro it goes to a black screen and one time i got a code (then a few days later my pc crashed and i lost everything, that code included), and after i got a little ways, it just froze and then it wouldn't work anymore. I couldn't even open the rom/emulator together. On Desmume, it would go up until about violet city and then i ran into a shiny, was it a weedle? (lucky me) and then midway through the battle it just froze and the same thing happened, it wouldn't open any more. So um some help?
Old December 28th, 2010, 02:37 AM
Gonzales
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Adamant
The game runs smoothly until the second trainer in the Bellsprout tower, I have played both SS and HG and both stops at the second trainer. I have tried it multiple times with different saves. Playing with desmume .96
Old December 30th, 2010, 02:31 PM
freddy9
Unhatched Egg

People,

all you have to do its to put this in No$Gba cheats(utility/cheats) and put 020DE16C E1A00000
020D3FA8 E1A00000 this code and then put action replay ds, but that's for Heart Gold.

Now if the game crashes in the middle like me you have to save a lot of times and you have to have No$Gba_2.6a version and the rom that is ok(the one which i use) Pokemon HeartGold English By GoldndSilver7 Clean.

If you dont put the code that i mentioned before in the cheats you cant play

And thats for all dont put GBA BIOS(NINTENDO LOGO) in emulation setup because it will crash the emulator
Old January 2nd, 2011, 07:40 PM
Bcndiamond
Beginning Trainer

ANSWER TO FREEZING AND BLACK SCREEN.

Allright, having browsed this thread in search for an answer to the freezing problem, I thought I would let you people know how I fixed the problem.

- Use NO$GBA and use NO$ZOOMER.
- The rom I use is xpa-phg.nds (google it if you haven't already got it)
- Download the ''nds-bios-and-firmware. (Google it, first result)
- Put all content in your map where your rom/no$gba/no$zoomer is located.
- extract eNDrypts_advanced_v1.2.. and run eNDrypts_advanced.exe
- Press"1", (if it asked you it can't find a program to open with, just press cancel and ignore.) just close it when it's finished.
- Run the game and under emulation options make sure ''Reset/Startup Entrypoint'' is put on GBA BIOS(Nintendo logo)
- Restart the game.
- Loading should look different if done correctly.

Now. Before I did this, the game would freeze, or rom would crash almost continuously.
After this method, the game has only frozen once after about 6 hours of playing. (in the bellsprout tower)
So I still use the save/close method every hour or so to be sure, (also because my computer has the tendency to shut down whenever it feels like)
You also don't need the cheat code for the black screen anymore.

If this has already been explained previously, my bad.
cheers.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 03:05 PM
marko71
Beginning Trainer

I searched the entire thread, but haven't found the right question and answer.

I play Pokemon HG, I've beaten the Elite 4, the credits go on and on, and suddnely, boom, "The rom image crashed". what could it be? I'm using the USA gold version, on no$gba 2.6a.
Old January 4th, 2011, 02:40 AM
Gonzales
Unhatched Egg

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcndiamond View Post
ANSWER TO FREEZING AND BLACK SCREEN.

wall
I have done that, except that I didn't find the xpa-phg.nds. How to use NO$GBA with NO$ZOOMER?

Anyway, I get the game to start as a usual DS game, (where you choose with your pen, pictochat etc.) when I then click the game it says "ROm image has crashed"

SO I guess it's the rom's fault but when I try to download xpa-phg.nds it has no seeders..
Then I found it, but instead of it working, I can't even open the game. Worse than before.

I really want to play this game and I would be very happy if you would take yourself time to help me :)
Old January 9th, 2011, 03:01 AM
PkMnLegend
-Legend-

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to PkMnLegend Send a message via Skype™ to PkMnLegend
Anyone know how to convert a .dsv desmume heartgold save file to a R4 .sav file?
Old March 14th, 2011, 05:47 AM
tpmrpg
Beginning Hacker, Gamer

PM me the .dsv file and I'll change it for you.
Old March 15th, 2011, 08:01 AM
Satoshi Ookami
Memento Mori
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpmrpg View Post
PM me the .dsv file and I'll change it for you.
Wouldn't explanation how to do it be quicker?

Anime List | PSN Trophy List
Old April 18th, 2011, 12:47 PM
Stunna
Hungry Boy

Can someone help me out, I'm playing a ROM of PoKeMoN HeartGold, and I'm in the Sprout Tower.

I'm on the top level of the tower, and whenever I'm engaged in battle by a monk, the game freezes as the battle begins.

I had a few cheats activated, but I removed them, and it still freezes.
Old April 25th, 2011, 08:53 AM
Konekodemon
The Master of Pokemon Breeding
Community Supporter

Send a message via ICQ to Konekodemon Send a message via AIM to Konekodemon Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Konekodemon Send a message via Yahoo to Konekodemon Send a message via Skype™ to Konekodemon
Whenever I try to patch any hacks to these Roms, the game either won't load in the emulator or the emulator shuts down.

Please check out my InuYasha fanfiction and tell me what you think.
Sign up for Vizzard to play free Retro Games online: http://www.vizzed.com/boards/profile...1549&ref=61528
[/sig-reason]
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here