The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 23rd, 2010, 04:33 AM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
In this episode we find ourselves a CotD with a Glameow which Meowth just so happens to fall in love with after being rescued by them after another typical blastoff. What's it going to be for both of them?

For those that didn't bother even with the later airing time >__> I'm not going to spoil much, because damn, was it funny. Not as much Team Rocket focused but it sure has plenty of what English majors like to call Irony.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 04:55 AM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
Thanks for starting the thread. I watched it and ending up forgetting about the thread. XD

I don't have much to say........

Best part: Random shots of everything shattering into a million pieces.
Old October 23rd, 2010, 07:26 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I never really saw much purpose in this filler to be honest. Other than a gap between the Grand Festival and Ash's eighth gym battle, there were no new showcased Pokémon nor was there anything new for viewers to really seek interest in other than humor.

A few scenes I found funny myself though were how Glameow envisioned Meowth as her "knight in shining armor," yet he was burning on top of a Rapidash and how oblivious Ash really is to love, and Dawn just had to try and ignore that. XD; Oh yes, and Jessie being curious to see how Purugly really looked without its tail around its body.

I really just watched this episode to say I watched it, but the upcoming gym battle against Volkner should be entertaining. :]
Old October 24th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

I feel bad for not posting in this thread. So I decided to post in it.

I'm tired of Glameow. Meowth is the member of the trio who'll probably leave the quickest if given the opportunity. This episode was a good episode to give us a break from "intensity" of the previous episode and the episode that comes after it. Also, Jessie made me laugh when she read Meowth's note including the "Dig it" part.
Old October 24th, 2010, 11:53 AM
joacen
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

Well, I agree with Hiiro that there wasn't really much purpose in this episode except to get one in before the Sunyshore gym. Too bad for Meowth, falling in love with Glameow, which eventually evolved into Purugly. That's just his luck, I guess.

And yet another example of Ash being clueless about love. When Dawn saw how much Meowth was fighting to protect Glameow, she said, "Wow, Meowth's got it hard." Then Ash said, "Got what hard?" That was pretty funny.

Finally, the moment I've been waiting for. Next time, the Sunyshore gym battle.

John, Paul, George, and Ringo: The Fab Four
Old October 24th, 2010, 08:06 PM
Shedinjareese
Undercover Rocket

Nature: Quirky
I personally loved this episode. My favorite episodes are usually the ones about Team Rocket, because when they're not just in there to be punny, they actually have a pretty comic dynamic. Most of the funniest moments have already been mentioned (things shattering, Ash's cluelessness, the Rapidash, Meowth's note). I thought the whole "Make me a sammich" thing was pretty hysterical.

Did anyone else think Glameow was kind of a two-dimensional character? Just kidding... I wasn't really expecting her to be much more than that. I'm not one for Glameow's much but when she put up her paws to defend herself it was pretty adorable.

Long story short, this episode might have been filler, but I think those are some of the best. It's been far too long since the last Team Rocket episode. Can't wait for the next.

Old October 26th, 2010, 03:31 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
If only Meowth's Fury Swipes was that strong every episode.
Old October 26th, 2010, 04:03 AM
Dooonerz
@JackDonnellyy

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vaporeon7 View Post
If only Meowth's Fury Swipes was that strong every episode.
I agree, did you see him?! He was destroying those pokemon!
I've never seen love do something like that.

<33

"Its shell is like armor and the attacks from
the hydro cannons on its back are virtually unstoppable."
Old October 26th, 2010, 03:18 PM
okjoek
Hoenn champ

Nature: Calm
I'm not into the poke'love feelings

What I liked though is how meowth actually uses some attacks and dishes the damage!. Isnt meowth learning some new moves for best wishes?
Old October 29th, 2010, 10:31 AM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

CARTOON NETWORK 1.9/10 Avg. (7a-1p)
The Super Hero Squad Show 1.2/14; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.2/10; Pokemon: DP Sinnoh League 1.5/9; Sym-Bionic Titan 1.9/10; Generator Rex 2.5/11; Star Wars: Clone Wars 2.2/10; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 1.7/7; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 1.8/7; Hole in the Wall 1.9/8; Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. 1.9/9; Casper: Spirited Beginning (1x120) 2.4/12
Old October 29th, 2010, 03:38 PM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
I must admit, this was an interesting filler.

Mamie and Glameow, which Meowth is infatuated with the latter.

Wow, a cage in a bridge. Nice. And the Bullet Seed/Aqua Jet distraction.

Hold on, since when did Fury Swipes become a powerful move? The Fury Swipes of Love? That would make a great Contest style, but hey, we're behind that...I guess love does make Pokemon stronger...

But the irony when Glameow evolves into Purugly. And all the random things start crashing...that was the funniest moment.

"And now for leading my dear Pokemon on, Meowth meets justice! Purugly, use Hyper Beam!"

I do hope that Mamie gets her badge from Crasher Wake of Pastoria, but I hope she doesn't depend on Hyper Beam too much.

Looking forward to the Sunyshore Gym battle!

7.5/10

Oh, and it's a "Hunka Hunka Burning Fury Swipes of Love!" LOL!

"Carnivine! Put out that fire!"

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.

Last edited by Masquerainisthajam; October 29th, 2010 at 03:46 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old December 4th, 2010, 11:29 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Sorta enjoyed this episode, wasn't that funny, though.

- Random fight with TR?
- How did Torterra jump up like that? o_O
- The girl sounds more like a woman
- Lucky there's never any rocks in those rivers...
- lol, that Rapidash fantasy was weird...
- Urgh, Dawn and Ash seem so personalityless in this series...BW seems so different
- Urgh, why do TPCI keep making Meowth say stupid stuff like "dig"??

Music kept: (2)

TR Sneaking theme
TR Sinnoh Motto theme
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links