Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 29th, 2010, 08:01 AM
anugrah6
Togepi

Advertise here
hi can i know how to get balance badge and HM03
Old October 29th, 2010, 08:14 AM
dragoniteuser
The dragon master

Nature: Jolly
Use cut near Rustaboro, loot the guy with magikarp(holding the HM) and beat the girl on the beach(the bagde).

Lance
the Dragon master

-Gifted with powers of the Viridian forest
-Telepathically communicates with Pokémon
-Heals their wounds
-Controls Dragon Pokémon
Old October 29th, 2010, 04:41 PM
Wings Don't Cry
Maybe she's born with it
Community Supporter Tier 1

Nature: Naive
I found a new glitch, you can't leave the tower at where Laviridge town use to be. Also you can walk through the walls and make it to the other rooms to avoid all the fights.

3DS Friend Code: 5155 - 3990 - 6891
Old October 30th, 2010, 01:19 AM
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wings Don't Cry View Post
I found a new glitch, you can't leave the tower at where Laviridge town use to be. Also you can walk through the walls and make it to the other rooms to avoid all the fights.

Fixed these. I think

New IPS on the first post.

EDIT: Fixed certain tile glitches that appeared when I fixed the Shakyamuni Tower Glitches. IPS on first post as ever.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.

Last edited by Cutlerine; October 30th, 2010 at 02:43 AM.
Old October 30th, 2010, 04:10 AM
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
The Dark type gym leader uses a Lv. 1 Pokemon with Wonder Guard. What is the type of the Pokemon?
Also known as SonicBronyPlatinum or Princess Copyright Infringement.
Old October 30th, 2010, 06:41 AM
DanishDahl
Pokémon Enthusiast

Nature: Mild
Why is it, that when you catch a weedle, it shows clamperls icon in the pokémon section?
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:27 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
The Dark type gym leader uses a Lv. 1 Pokemon with Wonder Guard. What is the type of the Pokemon?
It seems unsporting to tell you, but OK:

Spoiler:
Kingmadio is a Ghost/Dark type. The way to kill it is to poison or confuse it, or drain all its PP and let it kill itself with Struggle. Or set up a damaging weather like Sandstorm or Hail.

Quote:
Why is it, that when you catch a weedle, it shows clamperls icon in the pokémon section?
Weedle is not naturally in the Hoenn Pokédex, so I overwrote Clamperl, Huntail and Gorebyss to fit in Weedle and its evolutionary line. This explains the icon. Their stats and learnsets have also been slightly revamped to justify replacing an ugly little clam with an ugly little caterpillar.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old October 30th, 2010, 07:29 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanishDahl View Post
For some odd reason he moved around a lot of pokemon to make room for the fakes and what not. The rom is jumbled mess when viewed with a sprite editior. I'm just curious as to why you'd remove weedle. And replace it with something then to remove clamperl and replace it with weedle. Wouldn't it have been more logical to replace clamperl and its line with whatever you replaced weedle with? That just seems odd to me.
The return of Pokemon Shattered Dreams! Click the screenshot to visit the thread, you know you want to.
Old October 30th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
For some odd reason he moved around a lot of pokemon to make room for the fakes and what not. The rom is jumbled mess when viewed with a sprite editior. I'm just curious as to why you'd remove weedle. And replace it with something then to remove clamperl and replace it with weedle. Wouldn't it have been more logical to replace clamperl and its line with whatever you replaced weedle with? That just seems odd to me.
Weedle was not moved to make room for fakes: Weedle was moved so as to appear in the Hoenn Pokédex, back when I still cared whether or not they did so. The fakemon that took over Weedle's old line appeared later on. I got rid of Clamperl for Weedle because I prefer Beedrill to Gorebyss or Huntail, to be perfectly honest. Now, I no longer move Pokémon into the Hoenn dex if I want them to be in Snakewood. I just put them in there and hang the consequences.

As for the ROM being a jumbled mess... Yes. Yes it is. I only got the hang of inserting sprites when I was halfway through, so anything done before that point is, as you say, a jumbled mess. You are looking at a sharp learning curve, immortalised in clumps of random sprite data.

And as for seeming odd, well, I have that effect on a lot of people. The logic I was given at birth seems slightly skewed in comparison to everyone else's.

EDIT: I will be adding Pokémon mini-icons at some point. It's just that, like the player overworlds, they don't strike me as the most important parts of the hack, and so will inevitably get left until last.

Last edited by Cutlerine; October 30th, 2010 at 08:37 AM. Reason: Forgot something. Damn, my mind's been like sieve recently.
Old October 30th, 2010, 09:56 AM
SwirlyBirds
apparently not quite dead
Community Supporter

Nature: Lonely
I like this hack! However, I think you should change the tiles, the ruby ones are terrible.
this is not a signature
Old October 30th, 2010, 02:03 PM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackDeoxys View Post
I like this hack! However, I think you should change the tiles, the ruby ones are terrible.
This hack is set in Hoenn. Hoenn, in my view, ought to look like Hoenn. Using other tiles would make it look less like Hoenn. Thus, I have used the original Ruby tiles.

But yeah, I'm not a fan of Ruby tilese either, to be perfectly honest.

Old October 30th, 2010, 02:16 PM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to altariaking
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
This hack is set in Hoenn. Hoenn, in my view, ought to look like Hoenn. Using other tiles would make it look less like Hoenn. Thus, I have used the original Ruby tiles.

But yeah, I'm not a fan of Ruby tilese either, to be perfectly honest.

They are different. And the same region. So, it's ok to change the tiles. Anyway, I haven't played this yet, although it does seem...interesting, so maybe I'll give it a shot later
http://www.pokecommunity.com/member.php?u=253113
Old October 30th, 2010, 02:41 PM
SwirlyBirds
Community Supporter

That's not Hoenn, that's Johto!
this is not a signature
Old October 30th, 2010, 02:46 PM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackDeoxys View Post
That's not Hoenn, that's Johto!
Clap, clap, clap.
He said his hack should have the same graphics because it's Hoenn. Johto does not have the same graphics in Hg than Gold. Do you understand?
Old October 30th, 2010, 02:57 PM
SwirlyBirds
Community Supporter

Oh, wait. Yeah, sorry, was a bit confused there.
this is not a signature
Old October 30th, 2010, 06:35 PM
Kevin
kevin del rey
Community Supporter

The story certainly is.... interesting. XD And the custom sprites could use a little work. Your mapping isn't the best, but it isn't bad either. Good luck on this.
Old October 31st, 2010, 02:50 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destiny Demon View Post
The story certainly is.... interesting. XD And the custom sprites could use a little work. Your mapping isn't the best, but it isn't bad either. Good luck on this.
Yes, I'm aware of all of this. Looking back at the beginning of the hack, I can see things that I thought were great then that make me wince now. I have got better through experience, and no doubt one day not too far away I'll look back at what I'm doing now and say to myself, "What was I thinking?"

Sigh. Such is the nature of progress.

Old October 31st, 2010, 03:14 AM
altariaking
Needs NO VMs...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
Yes, I'm aware of all of this. Looking back at the beginning of the hack, I can see things that I thought were great then that make me wince now. I have got better through experience, and no doubt one day not too far away I'll look back at what I'm doing now and say to myself, "What was I thinking?"

Sigh. Such is the nature of progress.
Alternatively, you could go back and fix all of that stuff.
Old October 31st, 2010, 07:09 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by altariaking View Post

Alternatively, you could go back and fix all of that stuff.
Oho, I could, I could! Or I could treat Snakewood as the learning hack I intended it to be, and put the skills I have been acquiring to better use in making the hack I actually set out to make, Pokémon Keratin Version. Maybe I'm lazy, or maybe after however long it's been I'm simply disillusioned with zombies, but...

Quote:
Where do you get strength
You don't. You don't need it yet. Personally, Strength is my least favourite HM: its base power lures you in with promise that it might actually be useful on a Pokémon with good Attack and poor physical learnset; but it always disappoints in the end. So, until the very end at least, there will be no Strength, not least because Strength rocks block the way to Snakewood's equivalent of the legendary golems.

Old October 31st, 2010, 08:07 AM
Zephyr+
Oripoke
Community Supporter

Nature: Sassy
Downloaded and played this hack (on livestream! it was fun! x3) and I'm really enjoying it so far; the sequence breaking (by which I mean the speed at which you acquire Surf and the doing-away of things such as gyms) keeps the game fresh, even though the setting is the same. I do think you could use a tile revamp of some sort, even though it's set in Hoenn and all. I'm also missing the female PC's overworlds, but that's just an aesthetic thing, like you said. Also there's a tile error in Littleroot town. Or maybe those white blocks are supposed to be there. I dunno.

I'm at Dewford and my team is:
Spoiler:
Koffing [Farmstink] Lv. 20
Dustox [Mr.Wiggles] Lv. 20
Qwilfish [Tentaquil] Lv. 16
Mysteryegg [Hyperion] Lv. 13
Pellipper [Aeropostal] Lv. 18

I'm doing a pseudo-Nuzlocke, by which I mean that I'm limiting myself to 1 per route and I was doing the release-if-faint thing until Koffing fainted and I was like "screw that." I'm really looking forward to exploring more!

Question; do Weezing or Qwilfish have further evolutions?
Old October 31st, 2010, 09:55 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zephyr+ View Post
Downloaded and played this hack (on livestream! it was fun! x3) and I'm really enjoying it so far; the sequence breaking (by which I mean the speed at which you acquire Surf and the doing-away of things such as gyms) keeps the game fresh, even though the setting is the same. I do think you could use a tile revamp of some sort, even though it's set in Hoenn and all. I'm also missing the female PC's overworlds, but that's just an aesthetic thing, like you said. Also there's a tile error in Littleroot town. Or maybe those white blocks are supposed to be there. I dunno.

I'm at Dewford and my team is:
Spoiler:
Koffing [Farmstink] Lv. 20
Dustox [Mr.Wiggles] Lv. 20
Qwilfish [Tentaquil] Lv. 16
Mysteryegg [Hyperion] Lv. 13
Pellipper [Aeropostal] Lv. 18

I'm doing a pseudo-Nuzlocke, by which I mean that I'm limiting myself to 1 per route and I was doing the release-if-faint thing until Koffing fainted and I was like "screw that." I'm really looking forward to exploring more!

Question; do Weezing or Qwilfish have further evolutions?
Oh wonderful! I do enjoy it when people enjoy things I've made. Now, Weezing originally had a third evolution called Hakking, but it no longer does. This was because it used to be the only starter. However, Qwilfish does have a further evolution. It evolves at Level 33 into the mysterious Pokémon silhouetted in one of the screenshots on the first post.

And I know about the tile error in Littleroot. I can't get it to disappear. And I haven't put in the female overworlds yet. Sorry, but since they're not essential, they'll go in last, like the Pokémon icons.

The sequence-breaking was a major factor in creating this game. HMs appearing in the same order and the endless routine of Gyms get kind of boring - so there are now only three Gyms left in the game, one of which is in Dewford, one of which isn't really a Gym, and one of which is in, of all places, Pacifidlog town...

Oh! Almost forgot: If anyone has got far enough, please don't Fly back to Littleroot Town yet and Surf across the water... Because the area beyond that is nowhere near finished yet, and you won't be able to get back out again if you go there. I'll block it off in the next update, but still.

EDIT: I love the names of the Pokémon on your team... especially Mr. Wiggles.

Last edited by Cutlerine; October 31st, 2010 at 09:56 AM. Reason: Forgot something
Old October 31st, 2010, 12:53 PM
TheChaosBlue
Jump On Box For a Free Life!

Nature: Quiet
Send a message via Skype™ to TheChaosBlue
This hack is so awesome in its storyline and totally straying from the linear story in the actual games. Right now I'm at the Dewford Gym (btw... is the Dewford Gym Leader from FLCL? If so...nice). I'm a little stuck with said leader, need to train my team some more. Anywho, good work and keep it up!
Old October 31st, 2010, 04:48 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
I'm in the sub again after the fight with war at meteor falls and I have no clue what to do...and yes I did talk to usher but I'm still confused
Old October 31st, 2010, 11:20 PM
cheatfreak23
Commander&Chief of cheatcodes

Nature: Quirky
I love this hack. Its one of the best Ive played, even though that Kingmadio in the gym threw me way off...
Old November 1st, 2010, 12:00 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosSonic View Post
This hack is so awesome in its storyline and totally straying from the linear story in the actual games. Right now I'm at the Dewford Gym (btw... is the Dewford Gym Leader from FLCL? If so...nice). I'm a little stuck with said leader, need to train my team some more. Anywho, good work and keep it up!
It is true; Haruko is indeed from FLCL. Give yourself five points - that's an easy reference to get. I wonder if you can get any of the harder ones?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
I'm in the sub again after the fight with war at meteor falls and I have no clue what to do...and yes I did talk to usher but I'm still confused
After speaking with Usher, jump down the hole and go to a small area to the left of the place where you go down to the bottom floor. You'll find a broken elevator here. You must work out how to fix it so you can progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatfreak23 View Post
I love this hack. Its one of the best Ive played, even though that Kingmadio in the gym threw me way off...
Yay! I love it when people like things I've done. Or maybe I just like having my ego fed with praise.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here