Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page "Coming Full Festival Circle!" Review Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old October 2nd, 2010 (03:07 AM).
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
We've got Grand Festival semifinal matches today! Nando VS Zoey and Dawn VS. Jessalina.
Old October 2nd, 2010 (03:50 AM).
Booted out - don't be like me!

Dawn's battle was too short and as a result was very boring. I don't see what all of the hype was about surrounding Zoey VS Nando either. Maybe it was the dub's fault? I don't know but it didn't seem that exciting either. At least it's almost over now.
Old October 2nd, 2010 (08:43 AM).
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote originally posted by Vernikova:
Dawn's battle was too short and as a result was very boring.
Dawn was showcasing Buneary and Cyndaquil again. No reason for the battle to be long since they already had their Grand Festival light in the appeals round. For a change, I'm pleased they took focus off the main characters and put it on a rival's battle.

I said it before, and I'll say it again, but Zoey and Nando's match was the highlight of this Grand Festival, followed by the Finals. It was better in Japanese, but then again, what else isn't? I was just glad to know what they were saying; especially with Dawn talking about the two of them when they took one shot images of the battle.

I guess when you're into the Contest side of the anime more, you learn to enjoy the episode and competition more. Explaining why I found this battle to be the best standing battle in Contest history thus far. Then again, that is just my opinion. Others may think differently. Overall, the episode was satisfying to say the least. The appeals, combinations, and all were just exceptional.

... and after this episode, I can strongly say I favor Eevee's Leafeon evolution the most. n_n;
Old October 2nd, 2010 (08:55 AM).
Ruler of Illusion

I liked the Zoey/Nando battle, but they barely showed Dawn at all, which was lame.
Old October 2nd, 2010 (09:45 AM).

Quote originally posted by Hiiro:
Dawn was showcasing Buneary and Cyndaquil again. No reason for the battle to be long since they already had their Grand Festival light in the appeals round. For a change, I'm pleased they took focus off the main characters and put it on a rival's battle.
It was terrible because that was the match that Jessie was eliminated in. What was the point in letting her get passed the other rounds if they aren't going to show us the battle that she loses in? They should've either let the Zoey VS Nando battle be shorter or that this battle be continued in the next episode.
Old October 2nd, 2010 (11:04 AM).
It seems you've misplaced your intellect.
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Well this was awesomecakes. I actually stayed up all night to watch this episode, but I fell asleep on the second commercial >_< I'm not fit to stay up all night anymore.

Zoey and Nanado's battle was indeed excellent. I do wonder how Dawn and Zoey will top that now.

And I honestly like how Jesse's battle was cut short. It represents how much of a fail she was XD
Old October 2nd, 2010 (01:59 PM).
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I loved the episode cuz of the Zoey V.S Nando battle, the animation and music during that battle was wonderful and I loved all the moves both Zoey and Nando did. I know I normally find Dawn's rivals so boring but here they really impressed me. Boy if Kenny wasn't cut right away I'm sure he could have redeemed himself, but sadly he just doesn't have what it takes, maybe he should switch to gyms or some thing. The only thing that dragged down the episode oddly enough was Dawn V.S Jessie, it didn't last as long as I wanted it to. Jessie made it so far without cheating so she should have had more screen time to show off how she's gotten better since the begining, oh wells. At the end Jessie was scarry but at least she didn't attack Dawn or any thing. I can't wait for next weeks episode, that one is one of my favorites, good luck Dawn but I know what happens so.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old October 2nd, 2010 (03:44 PM).
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

I have mixed feelings about this episode. The first battle was certainly intense! Nando and Zoey were neck-in-neck. To be honest, I really wasn't sure who was going to win. The animations were amazing. The battle really looked stunning. Congrats to Zoey.

As for the battle between Dawn and Jesselina, I felt it was WAY too short. We saw about 4 or 5 attacks from each, then the rest of the battle was cut out, and the winner was revealed. It was too predictable as well. Of course Dawn was going to win. It would have been nice to see a plot twist and have Jesselina win in a surprise victory. Unlike Nando and Zoey's battle, Dawn's and Jesselina's match was just a "cut to the chase" moment.

Well, there's nothing I can do about that, so it'll be Dawn and Zoey in the finals.

John, Paul, George, and Ringo: The Fab Four
Old October 2nd, 2010 (07:27 PM).
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
Zoey vs. Nando was an epic battle indeed. My fave combos are Jump Kick and Bug Buzz (Lopunny and Kricketune) and also Aerial Ace and Psywave (Mismagius and Leafeon). I was on the edge of my seat watching this battle unfold. But Brock made the example of Lopunny and Kricketune being a gifted musician and dancer.

That's one aggressive Leafeon...

I thought Mismagius' Lucky Chant was funny. *whispers* "Mismagius, Mismagius, Mismagius..." But then it took out Kricketune's Sing! I wanted so badly for Nando to win, though. Oh well.

Dawn vs. Jesselina; the battle was so one-sided in Dawn's favor. And the battle was too quick. Jesselina's Pokemon just bumbled. If you ask me, I think she would've been better off with Yanmega and Seviper or possibly Mime Jr. instead of Carnivine.

Jesselina was so upset and I thought she was going to punch Dawn in the face, which would've been funny. But she gives Dawn "good luck" advice. It's too bad, I wanted Jesselina to win...

How is it going to end in the Grand Festival? Looking forward to the epicness!

Kenny (elim.)
Ursula (elim.)
Nando (elim.)
Jesselina (elim.)
Dawn
Zoey

Zoey vs. Nando - 9.5/10
Dawn vs. Jesselina - 2/10
Overall episode - 9/10

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old October 3rd, 2010 (06:44 PM).
Lover of May

I was really rooting for Nando, its such a shame that he lost. His battles are always extremely interesting to watch...

I'm also disappointed that Jessie lost, I wish that this episode did not showcase her and Dawn's battle and that the next battle was devoted to Jessie epically defeating Dawn, because she would have much more experience than her, and then maybe shorten the finals to see Zoey beating Jessie. But the writers aren't that cool, so I guess I'll take what I can get. Go Zoey!

But this was a great episode, the battle was awesome. Maybe the best contest battle ever...

Please warm my eggs...I'll be sure to return the favor

From now one, if you haven't contacted me yet....I will not accept hacks unless they are at least in progressing hacks. So if you want my help, get some screenshots first.
Old October 4th, 2010 (03:49 AM).

Experience doesn't always mean that you will win though. It's been shown time and time again.
Old October 4th, 2010 (06:28 AM).
KYON-KUN, DENWA

I get the feeling that Dawn v Zoey next episode will be a major letdown when compared with Nando v Zoey, even if it's insanely tense and close.

And to those disappointed Jessie didn't win: Could you not see that result coming from miles away? Also, in terms of TV time, I think it was only an 8 minute battle.

I give the episode a 7.5/10, because it has a nice focus on a showy side-character battle.

KYON-KUN, DENWA
Old October 9th, 2010 (04:10 PM).

CARTOON NETWORK 1.3/7 Avg. (7a-1p)
Pokemon: DP Sinnoh League 1.1/12; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.2/10; Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 1.7/11; Sym-Bionic Titan 1.8/9; Generator Rex 2.0/9; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.6/7; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 1.2/5; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 1.0/4; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 0.9/4; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 0.8/4; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 1.0/5; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 1.1/6
Old October 31st, 2010 (11:44 AM).
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

Nando vs Zoey was good, Dawn vs Jessie was like the writers couldn't even be bothered. Seriously, why did the writers even bother letting Jessie get into the Grand Festival for a battle like that? It's like the writers couldn't think of many interesting characters this time around :/

- Jessie's crazy
- lol, the contest lady's eye was huge
- Mismagius's "Lucky Chant" was sung hysterically badly
- This battle is animated so badly
- Ash: "Forever...?" I',m with you, Ash
- This battle was actually sorta good
- Zoey sounds like she wants to
- What was with the random scene where Zoey and Dawn stopped moving so it could look "drawn" o.O
- We don't even get to see Dawn's semi-finl battle? -_-
-

Music kept: (7)

Hoenn Contest Theme
Satoshi's Battle Decision
DPPt Wild Pokemon Battle
Movie 8 music :D
Zoey wins
DPPt Gym Battle
Route 210
Old October 31st, 2010 (06:14 PM).
Biggest Scyther Fan
Community Supporter

Nature: Naughty
dawn should nhave won, that would be cool
Emerald Second City Challenge- COMPLETE
ULTIMATE MONOTYPE WATER!
Fire Red (COMPLETE) -> Crystal (COMPLETE) -> Emerald (COMPLETE) -> Platinum(COMPLETE -> Black 2

Hunger Games Challenge- District 8: Ruby 2/8

Old October 31st, 2010 (11:59 PM).
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

^ Wrong episode, this only had the semi-finals in
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links