Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Notices

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old October 14th, 2010, 11:00 PM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
BW009 - "Out of Control Pendoraa! Rescue Kibago!!"
11th November

It's been proved already that the previeous episode title for BW009 was fake, sorry guys~
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

Old October 14th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Nature: Mild
Seemed kind of weird to have Adeku already appear in Episode 9. People were associating Fushide with Shooti in the previous episode, and since there is supposed to be a rival battle in the next episode maybe Shooti captures this Pendoraa and uses it in the battle against Ash.

Brian - 0089 1621 6313 - White

Old October 14th, 2010, 11:39 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

So it was fake? D: Adeku appearing that early wasn't the problem, it was just Shooti deciding to battle him, lol.

Hoping Shooti captures a Fushide here. (If he's involved in this episode at all) Him getting a fully evolved pokemon would be lame in my opinion. Would like too see at least some development and evolutions as the series progresses.

Then again, he might not appear at all, and just be some Iris development.

Last edited by thedestinedblade; October 14th, 2010 at 11:45 PM.
Old October 14th, 2010, 11:47 PM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Nature: Careful
It would have been fun to watch Shooti being thrashed by Adeku. Too bad.

So let me guess... Kibago gets into some trouble with Pendoraa and in an attempt to rescue Kibago, Shooti captures it.
Old October 15th, 2010, 03:13 AM
Masterge77
Jacen The Robot Floatzel

Nature: Serious
Crap, I would rather have an episode where Shooti gets his ass kicked by the champion than an episode with one of the generations WORST DESIGNED Pokemon (an ugly this episode is most likely to suck, and by the way, WHERE THE HELL IS TEAM PLASMA ALREADY, seriously, we passed Karakusa Town, and Team Plasma is nowhere in sight, it's pretty clear that, like usuall, the writers didn't play the games, pray they appear in Shippou City and get SOMETHING right for once.....

Sorry for the long rant, I just have yet to see Team Plasma, N or any character from the game other than Aragagi and the Gym Leaders, hope they make enough room for Team Plasma, which is by far my favorite villian team next to Galactic, and N will HAVE to appear SOMETIME, considering how significant the character is to the story, which, if you read my signature, will most likely screw up royally, and so far, they have screwed it us, and just in case I change my signature by the time you read this:

No matter how good, how dark, or how mature the plot of the new games are, the anime will try it's hardest to screw it up.......
My DA account
Avatar made by MelNathea on DeviantART

The Owner of Sea Weasels, the club for Buizel and Floatzel fans!

Last edited by Masterge77; October 15th, 2010 at 03:19 AM.
Old October 15th, 2010, 07:41 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masterge77 View Post
Crap, I would rather have an episode where Shooti gets his ass kicked by the champion than an episode with one of the generations WORST DESIGNED Pokemon (an ugly this episode is most likely to suck, and by the way, WHERE THE HELL IS TEAM PLASMA ALREADY, seriously, we passed Karakusa Town, and Team Plasma is nowhere in sight, it's pretty clear that, like usuall, the writers didn't play the games, pray they appear in Shippou City and get SOMETHING right for once.....

Sorry for the long rant, I just have yet to see Team Plasma, N or any character from the game other than Aragagi and the Gym Leaders, hope they make enough room for Team Plasma, which is by far my favorite villian team next to Galactic, and N will HAVE to appear SOMETIME, considering how significant the character is to the story, which, if you read my signature, will most likely screw up royally, and so far, they have screwed it us, and just in case I change my signature by the time you read this:

No matter how good, how dark, or how mature the plot of the new games are, the anime will try it's hardest to screw it up.......
Makomo is in episode 6. Team Galactic didn't even appear until episode 36 of DP, so I don't think it is too much a concern that Plasma has yet to appear with it being 10 episodes into it.

Old October 16th, 2010, 12:56 AM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenshin5 View Post
Makomo is in episode 6. Team Galactic didn't even appear until episode 36 of DP, so I don't think it is too much a concern that Plasma has yet to appear with it being 10 episodes into it.
Well, I think he is talking about Pendoraa and not Makomo. XD;
But yeah, you are right about the late appearance of Team Galactic.
Old November 4th, 2010, 05:10 AM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

It seems Kibago isn't Iris' only pokemon on hand. She has a Doryuuzu. Now we know her captures are not limited to dragon-types.
Old November 4th, 2010, 08:52 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebloom View Post
It seems Kibago isn't Iris' only pokemon on hand. She has a Doryuuzu. :shocked: Now we know her captures are not limited to dragon-types.
It looks pretty strong too. I would have never guessed her to have a Doryuuzu. The writer's didn't even start her off with the first stage either. Best Wishes is doing a good job pulling surprises out of the hat, I give them that. I also like the fact that even though she is very "cutesy" she doesn't own all "cutesy" Pokémon.

I wouldn't like to get Iris mad though. Who knows what else she has under that sweater of her's.
Old November 4th, 2010, 09:34 AM
ShadowYashi
A secret makes a woman a woman

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to ShadowYashi
Jeeze, what's with the Shooti hate?
He makes one snide comment about Ash and has an attitude and suddenly he's the most evilest thing in Isshu? Rivals that aren't carbon copies of Ash just can't seem to get a break. Its just like Shinji all over again =.=
Iris' Doryuuzu looks strong, I wonder what other Pokemon she might have. I hope Iris is the main focus of this episode, while Satoshi takes a back seat. . .
Detective Conan (Case Closed)/Magic Kaito FC | Pair | Shinji/Paul FC| Credit
BLACK ORGANIZATION
1VERMOUTH
Old November 4th, 2010, 10:26 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

I wonder if Iris was reluctant to use Doryuuzu because it is uncute or if the fact it won't obey her. Or if there is another reason. It makes me wonder why she didn't use it back when Pikachu and Kibago were captured by Team Rocket and Mijumaru had to come in and rescue them. I wonder if Doryuuzu was given to Iris by instead of her capturing it. Glad to see Team Rocket is active in Isshu, seems like they are definitely going to play a role in this region.

Old November 4th, 2010, 11:45 AM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

Team Plasma is being forshadowed so its not too far off is it? I wanted a Shooti episode too but will get one later with the five on five battle coming up. Iris getting an episode will be nice any ways, maybe sow a little history with her.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old November 4th, 2010, 12:21 PM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Quote:
I wonder if Iris was reluctant to use Doryuuzu because it is uncute or if the fact it won't obey her. Or if there is another reason. It makes me wonder why she didn't use it back when Pikachu and Kibago were captured by Team Rocket and Mijumaru had to come in and rescue them. I wonder if Doryuuzu was given to Iris by instead of her capturing it. Glad to see Team Rocket is active in Isshu, seems like they are definitely going to play a role in this region.
I'm thinking of the exact same reason as well. I was surprised that she has a Doryuuzu and was also wondering why she hasn't used it yet in the earlier episodes. Its probably because it doesn't obey her but other then that, I'm glad that this episode is going to be about Iris. I wanted more episodes on her since she is a new character. I hope they make a Dento episode later on as well.
Old November 4th, 2010, 07:01 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Can someone please explain to me why Iris is traveling with ash? Whats the reason she decided to go with ash?
Old November 4th, 2010, 07:07 PM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFuturePokemon View Post
Can someone please explain to me why Iris is traveling with ash? Whats the reason she decided to go with ash?
I'm not even sure she's give a reason. If she has, I completely missed it.
Old November 4th, 2010, 09:18 PM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icebloom View Post
I'm not even sure she's give a reason. If she has, I completely missed it.
I think the reason she gave was to see legendary Pokemon. (After Zekrom's appearance in the first episode) I might be wrong here.
Old November 4th, 2010, 11:30 PM
Devil Flamingo
→ Loves Defense

Nature: Sassy
O_o What are you guys talking about in relation to Adeku? I thought the episode featuring him was 12-16 or something, not 9 or 10. Did I miss something?

Anyways, I'm wondering why the hell Iris has a Doryuuzu (i dislike =_=) and how come she doesn't use it often or anything. Should have had a Monozu or Jiheddo instead, idk.

b l a c k · p o k é t e a m
Old November 5th, 2010, 12:21 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

The episode with Adeku vs. Shooti was fake. It was already shown before this episode that if the pictures from Episode 20 hold true Iris should have a Zuruggu as well. Which means she does not solely use Dragon types.

Old November 5th, 2010, 12:41 AM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devil Flamingo View Post
O_o What are you guys talking about in relation to Adeku? I thought the episode featuring him was 12-16 or something, not 9 or 10. Did I miss something?

Quote:
The episode with Adeku vs. Shooti was fake.
Even though that title was confirmed to be fake, there is a possibility that there would be a battle between Adeku and Shooti. The translation of the title says, "Rival Battle: Strong Opponent Pururiru" It can be interpreted in several way, that is true. It may even be a battle between Ash and Shooti.

Why are we talking about Episode 10 in the thread for Episode 9 anyway?

Anyways, here is the Youtube link to this episode's trailer.
Look at the that, so many Pokemon trying to rescue Kibago. And where was Iris hiding that Pokemon all this time? ._.

Old November 5th, 2010, 01:01 AM
Kenshin5
Wanderer

Where not talking about Episode 10. The initial title for Episode 9 was was Adeku vs Shooti, then that turned out to be fake. Now we have Pendoraa. It even shows what I am talking about a few topics down.

Old November 11th, 2010, 08:40 AM
thedestinedblade
Radiant Cool Boy
Community Supporter

This was quite a funny episode. It started with Dent battling Iris, but it wasn't much a battle since it seems Kibago can't really fight, though they mention it does have potential. (I'm not sure what dragon-type move it used) Kibago was given to Iris by her grandma? or village elder? One of those two. Her Doryuuzu is strong, but doesn't obey a la Charizard. Ending cracked me up as well. Ash had been bothering Iris the entire episode to battle her, but annoyingly jokes that Pikachu and Ash should battle each other, which they do.
Old November 11th, 2010, 08:51 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I thought this episode was really funny xD
Kibago's such a fail, I loved it when Yannapu used a mini solar beam on it!
I know this episode had something to do with Kibago evolving since at the end that Narrator said "Kibago, shinka" and Shinka means evolve in pokémon. I'll have to wait till tommorow for the sub now
I wonder what Giovanni was talking about...
There was nothing. Followed by everything. Swirling, burning specks of creation that circled life-giving suns. And then we reached to the light.

Old November 11th, 2010, 09:16 AM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

This episode was freakin funny, the ending I just can't stop laughing atXD I really hope Ash brings up that he's been traveling in five regions to rub it in Iris face, she really needs it LOL. I'm really liking this trios interactions, Dento so far seems to be doing more than Brock did for one thing, which is great. Iris got some much needed character developement, though I wish she accepted Ash's battle, she must be too afraid to battle him.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:07 PM
Devil Flamingo
→ Loves Defense

Nature: Sassy
I loved the ep, but Iris really needs to step her game up and have Kibago spend more time training and less time cuddling in her hair, lol. I realize they're both quite young, but no opponent is gonna hold back just because you're under-leveled; Dento did it because they're friends and all, but in a real battle he wouldn't have and Kibago would have lost it. His Dragon Rage has got potential but unless she trains him more, it's not gonna get anywhere. :> Otherwise it was pretty fun; I loved Pendora and Doryuzu, and the ending was fantastically funny.

b l a c k · p o k é t e a m
Old November 11th, 2010, 01:34 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Battle of the Year!

I have no clue what they are saying but this is what I get from watching it

Spoiler:
Ash " Iris you wanna battle"

Iris " no (blah blah blah) why dont you guys battle yourselves"

Ash/Pikachu " Huh?

Ash " Lets do it Pikachu"

Pikachu "Yah(pika pika)

Iris "What? They're really battling?"

Dento " blah blah blah

Ash "Pikachu use Thunderbolt"

Pikachu "chuuuu"

Ash "ahhh"

Ash " Give me some more, use volt tackle

other stuff is blah.

Last edited by TheFuturePokemon; November 11th, 2010 at 02:26 PM.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links