• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Game Development Team Recruitment

Mekaj

Vampire Hunter
Years
Team name: A Team
Team Leader: Mekaj
Current Members:Mekaj
Current Game title: Pokemon Legendary Edition
Current progress made: Not much a couple maps edited but my mapping is horrible as can be seen from original thread.
Position(s) needed: Mapper, Spriter, Tile inserter, Sapper (Music Editor), Scripters, Eventers, Overworld editors, people who know ASM.(If you don't have at least intermediate knowledge of the position your're applying for please don't apply because experience is needed for this one.)
Timezone: U.S. Central Time it is like 3:05 A.M. right now. (lol wow i need sleep but frankly I'm not really that tired lol.)
Preferred Method of contact: Pm me to apply please don't send comments or criticisms just applications.
Additional info: Application

Name:
Position Applying for:
Experience:
Proof of work:

Thank you for your time and for those of your wondering what I do, I develop the actual storyline and am beta and Alpha tester I also try to work on maps my mapping has improved since the horrible screens on original thread, so I'm getting better. If anyone knows how to make tiles for a desert region please let me know.

MegaNew

Pokémon Unetta Owner
Years
  • Seen Sep 30, 2011
My game Pokémon Unetta is doing good so far. All I need is an OW spriter for now.
Please contact me by PM or VM.

Years
  • Seen Feb 15, 2013
[FONT=&quot]Currently Unnamed[/FONT][FONT=&quot][/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]
Hi,

I am thinking about a new Pokémon Game since several month (actually I've had a similar Idea last year). When I played the first Pokémon Games I had a feeling that some Pokémon Veterans might know. It's the feeling that comes up, when you're playing a simple game, that does make lots of fun, because it is not difficult but does open lots of possibilities. The first generations gave you tons of things you could do, even though it sometimes got a bit boring to do the same stuff over and over again.
Every time I bought new Pokémon Games, I missed this feeling. The newest game I bought was Firered. I tried the newer games out at my friends' places but they just didn't give me the feeling I've been searching for. My aim is to create a Pokémon game that does unite modern possibilities with old goods. Therefore I need a group of people who would like to work with me.

Some facts about my Idea:
- I want to unite Johto, Kanto, Hoenn, Sinnoh in one game, enlarge the known areas and add new ones.
Spoiler:

- I would love to see a multiplayer with multiple people running around in the actual game world, acting with each other and working together.
Spoiler:

- I want the Pokémon to get more important out of fights (Therefore I do have several ideas).
Spoiler:

- I do not know if my ideas are NDS conform. It could be possible that it will only be for PC.
Spoiler:

- I do NOT plan on doing any rom-hacking. Everything in the game shall be made by the team itself.
Spoiler:

- I do not want any influence of Black and White.
Spoiler:

- I do not plan on using the new 3D-possibilitys. I would prefer a new multi-layered 2D-Engine with some new features.
Spoiler:

What do I need?
It's obvious that I do need people for my project who are willing to work lots. I do need all varieties of people. Storywriters, Mappers, Spriters, Coders and so on. For me, the most important is not the skill but the fantasy of everyone in the team. I do not need people that just follow orders. For me new ideas are as important as my own.

I hope I've been able to wake up some peoples interest. Everyone that might be interested in joining my team and working with me, just send me a PM. If there are any questions I am willed to answer them via PM or (if necessary) via ICQ or Skype.

[/FONT][FONT=&quot]Hexogene[/FONT]

Last edited:

Florio

Pokemon Crimson Skies Owner
Years
Hey, I'm looking for anyone who wants to make a game. I am a good mapper, storyline maker, and event maker. I know how to use the Pokemon Essentials kit quite well and I would like to work with anyone who wants to make a game using it, whether you are a mapper, spriter, composer, or scripter, I would like to work with you, and I am quite serious about making a game so serious people only please. PM me if interested.

Years
  • Seen Nov 14, 2011
Team name: Pokemon: League of Honesty Staff
Team Leader: KittenCry66
Current Members: None
Current Game title: Pokemon: League of Honesty
Current progress made: Scripts and Professor's Speech made.
Position(s) needed: Fakemon, Trainers and OW Spriters, Music Rippers, Co-Devoloper, Writers and Demo Testers. Region Map-Makers
Timezone: Eh, Work on It In Your Own Time
Preferred Method of contact: PM
Additional info: Uses Poccil's Pokemon Essentials.

NOTE TO REGION MAP-MAKERS AND FAKEMON/TRAINER SPRITERS:
I Will Provide Reference For These, Which You Work Off.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 5, 2021
Team name:
NotJustBagels

Team Leader:
Pablo49

Current members:
None belong to PC, minus myself.

Game Title:
Since this is a privately developed game, the name is undisclosed until release.

Game Progress:
Maps 50% Script editing 50% (I can't speak for story because it isn't my job.)

Timezone:
EST if you want to contact me. But others are different. Timezone doesn' matter for your application.

Open positions:
Fakemon Spriter.

Prefered Method of Contact:
My Windows Live Messenger account ([email protected]) or my email ([email protected]) I will rarely check my PM's here, so it is probably best not to send a PM.

Position requirements:
When you apply, link me, or send me a fakemon or a redrawn Pokemon you've made before. It doesn't have to be all the views needed for the game, just one view will do, just to make sure you actually do what you say you can.
You also need to be willing to install Dropbox. (I would link you, but the forum won't allow me yet. A quick google search will bring it right up.) It's free and safe, no worries. This is what our team uses to share subversion and dev files.

Additional info:
Poccil's Pokemon Essentials is the base.
Because this is game is primarily independent of PokeCommunity, not much information is going to come out until release, which will include a release thread here. But it does have an aspect different from most fan games.
For the most part, you, the spriter, will have a very open task. Names for all of the Pokemon will be provided, and some will include some general notes on them, like the starters, legendary etc. But for the most part, your mind can run wild. Also because of the nature of this project, there will be some interesting and fun differences between these Pokemon and Pokemon in other games. After you are apart of the team, I'll fill you in on all the details.
You'll also have access to the subversions of this game..

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
Team name: I don't have one xD
Team Leader: Me (chriskid198).
Current Members: None.
Current Game title: Pokemon Onyx Version (Possible to be changed).
Current progress made: Very little, still in planning stages. (Actual development of maps begin about 3/12/2010)
Position(s) needed: Fakemon Spriter, Tileset Spriter, OW Spriter(both RMXP format), someone to help on the actual coding of the game and maybe a backup scripter/mapper.
Timezone: Uhmm.. +10 GMT.
Preferred Method of contact: PM.
Additional info: I am NOT using Pokemon Essentials! PM me if your interested. Include what you can do. Tile Spriter and someone to help code the engine needed the most!

Last edited:
Years
Recruiting for a new project
Team leader: NikNaks
Current Members: Me; Florio; Java's Missingno
Working title: None
Current progress: Early design process
Positions needed: Any, really. If you're a complete novice or an experienced dev, I don't mind, so long as you're patient, have a good temperament and a sense of humour. If you've worked with me before, feel free to contact me again. ^_^
Timezone: Any; I'm running GMT
Contact: PM me or add me on MSN, but if you add me, obviously don't forget tell me who you are xD
Additional info: Visit the thread for details about the game. Essentially, it's Pokémon, but set in modern-day Russia, with the same issues of tension, poverty and an underlying feeling of distrust in the political system. We'll be building in Unity, but if you've never used it, don't let that put you off - I've never used it either, so it'll be a learning experience for both of us.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
i don't know if this is an actual beneficial to others, but I'm hoping someone's looking for a story-writer.

Area looking for work: Idea-ist, story writer, yadda-yadda
Timezone: GMT +9.30
Preferred method of contact: VM
Examples of work: I'm currently writing a fan-fic, link in my sig
Additional Info: Very friendly and takes constructive criticsm :)

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Dec 30, 2023
ForeverLostS.png

Positions Needed

- RGSS Scriptors

• Someone with the ability to make custom windows
  • Someone able to adapt and apply scripts in game
  • We are looking for advanced RGSS scriptors, but intermediate are also welcome

- Spriters and Tile Artists

• We are in need of spriters with good ability for things such as OW's, trainer sprites, GUI's, items etc.
  • Tile artists are mainly needed for buildings and to try and put my ideas into pixels, as my ideas unfortunately surpass my spriting ability
  • Looking for experienced spriters or anyone with a very good ability to sprite

- One very skilled mapper
  • This is a simple one, I would like to have one very good mapper to work with, I can handle mapping myself, however if I had the opportunity to take on a very good mapper who could join the team, it would be of huge benefit to the project
Thread: Here
If interested, PM me. Proof of work is essential.

Last edited:

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
  • Recruiting a Team Member
    Team name:N//A
    Team Leader:Karel_Kazuki
    Current Members: Impo(Story Writer),Jameska(spriter),|Avatar Kris| (helper)
    Current Game title: Pokemon Battle Network
    Current progress made:0.2 as far as mapping. 50% as far as story 0 as far as eventing.
    Position(s) needed:Scripter/Eventer, Mappers,Story Writer/Idea man,Extra Spriter,TILE SET ARTIST
    Timezone:UTC-4
    Preferred Method of contact: Pm me here or [email protected]
    Additional info:I have been on Hiatus for school and I'm getting back into the project.I have alot of Ideas and not much help.If i can get the required help.The game will definitely be awesome.
  • Edit:I have found a few hands to help with my project and the progress is slow but sure.All I need now are extra hands to lighten the load on these guys.Help is appreciated and the outcome will be nice if I can get it.
    - - - - - - - -
  • Free Agent looking for work
    Area looking for work: Small Mapper/Eventer,story writer mainly
    Timezone:same as above
    Preferred method of contact:same as above
    Examples of work:http://www.planetdev.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=204&t=1816
    Additional Info:Haven't practiced much in my skills but they shouldnt be bad.Im also a fast learner when highly motivated ,which is most of the time.

Last edited:

Maxedg8s

Revisiting...
Years
  • Seen May 25, 2012
~Free Agent looking for work~
Area looking for work: Mapper
Timezone: EST
Preferred method of contact: Pokecommunity. PM me if you wish.
Examples of work: I really dont have any uploaded examples. Sorry.
Additional Info:I was here before. The last team I was part of was closed down by the leader. After at least a year from PC, I wish to find a team I can help out on.

I work usually on region maps, overworld maps, and battle animations. :D

If you ask me to do something out of my area of abilities, then you'd probably get a result that gets a 2/10 quality. XD

Ęℓαчиıı

Blizzagon used Arctic Claw!
Years
IHlogo_FINAL.png

Team Name: IronFist
Team Members: Ęℓαчиıı, Dewitty, CrazyNinjaGuy, Red-Gyrados, Martyr, and cyberskeleton

Current Progress: Beginning stages of the game. All has been evented up until the first Gym; Gym Leader has also been created and evented but not sprited.

Position(s) Needed

Spriters and OverWorld Artists
I am in need of experienced spriters or anyone with a very good ability to sprite the following:
  • Fakémon which include front and back sprites and their icons.
  • An Overworld Artist for 'important' trainers (Gym Leaders, Elite Four, Champion, etc..) and specific Fakémon (in HeartGold/SoulSilver style).
An Experienced Mapper

I can handle most of the mapping myself, but, a skilled mapper would defiently decrease my workload. It's a plus if you're skilled in mapping large areas such as forests and good with interiors.

Thread: Here
If you're interested, send a private message my way. Proof of work is essential and you will be ignored if you fail to provide a sufficent enough example.

Preferred Method of Contact: MSN. I'll give you my contact name once you've been accepted. Otherwise, contact me via private message.

Additional Information: I am extremely indecisive, so, bare with me. With that said, I just want to say that I'm doing the best I can to make this game spectacular, so, I want my team doing the same thing. I don't expect perfection, but, I'd like to see some effort.. That's all I ask.

Years
▷ ▷ Free Agent looking for work ░░▒▓██

Area looking for work
I work on multiple fields, but I'm more skilled towards designing and spriting characters and creatures of many sorts (Fakemon), maps, animations, and helping out with storyline/quests. I am however no coder, sorry! In the near future I'll be able to make music.

Timezone
Pacific Standard Time (PST) Timezone only matters on school days, haha.

Preferred method of contact
Private message here would be fine.

Examples of work
I'll admit I only have traditional artwork with me since I only have one pixel Fakemon on this computer (and it's not my best), but if you give me something to sprite I'll be more than happy to do what you instruct for an example. Don't be afraid to contact me.

Additional Info
I have never been on a team before besides my independent project, but I hope to find people who are as enthusiastic and excited about game development process as I am. I am dedicated and have a lot of patience, as it would break my heart to see any of these great projects discontinue.

Years
  • Seen Mar 5, 2016
Leader: Shadowdorothy

Team name: What is new is nes again

Name of Hack: Tarnished Ruby, Chipped Sapphire

Hack of: Ruby/Sapphire

Hack progress: 2%

My hacking skills: Spriting, testing, insertion.

Positions available: everything but leader.
Looking for; mapper, spriter, tester, scripter, inserter, music editor, and sound editor.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
Leader: Shadowdorothy

Team name: What is new is nes again

Name of Hack: Tarnished Ruby, Chipped Sapphire

Hack of: Ruby/Sapphire

Hack progress: 2%

My hacking skills: Spriting, testing, insertion.

Positions available: everything but leader.
Looking for; mapper, spriter, tester, scripter, inserter, music editor, and sound editor.
Wrong spot,this is the GAME Development ,not Hacking.

Years
  • Seen Jun 19, 2011
SPRITER/MUSIC/BETA TESTER!

The Chao is Here...

If you are reading this, I assume you are looking for workers. I am happy to be a Spritist or CRY/SMALL SOUND BITES worker, although I have a knack for finding glitches (Found LOADS in Super Mario Galaxy 2) so a Beta Tester would be an option. If you want me, VM/PM me, or email at [email protected].

Thanks for reading.

Years
BloodStarTitle3.png

Imagine playing a game set in the depths of Russia, with the memory of Communism still strong in the people's minds. Now imagine that the game is Pokémon and Team Unity is trying to change things back to the old regime. Welcome to Blood Star.

Team leader: NikNaks
Current progress: Early stages

Positions needed:
3D Modeller: We'll need 3D building models for our 3D world
3D Model Skinner: Equally, we'll need people to skin them, so pixel artists creating tiles may wish to try something new with this
Reposer & Retyper: For our PokéVariations, we'll need several different poses and typings for some Pokémon
Designer: Any drawings and sketches to help spriters are always welcome
Pixel Artist: We'll always need pixels

Timezone: Any; I'm running GMT
Additional info: Visit the thread or the forum linked in my signature for details about the game. If you're a complete novice or an experienced dev, I don't mind, so long as you're patient, have a good temperament and a sense of humour. If you've worked with me before, feel free to contact me again!

Years
  • Seen Dec 22, 2010
  • Recruiting a Team Member
    Team name: BlackGear Developement Team
    Team Leader: Shade (me) - Darkzard
    Current Members: Angela, Joza, Delt, Halomarin, Shade, Darkzard, PepeYue, Pundia, Steel
    Current Game title: Pokemon Monzaru (MMO)
    Current progress made: We hv the client-server almost finished, good chars works, client and map loader works
    Position(s) needed: Mappers -. Scripters but MAPPEEERS!!!
    Timezone: GTM -3, we use forums so we dont care
    Preferred Method of contact: Posting here, or adding me to MSN (necro_xx at hotmail.com)
  • Aditional Information: We use TILESET to map, also we wrote all the game, is an MMORPG but it is NOT a browser game so c: that.

Back