• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ultimate Monotype Challenge Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2018
Well, after a long time since my last update, I have finished my fighting monotype leg for Johto on SoulSilver. The Gen IV remakes are way harder to complete than the original releases, that's for sure. After beating the elite four again a couple times, I trained against the gym leaders and battled all the trainers I could find, including my rival a few times. Once I got my team to level 69, I challenged Red, and was victorious!

Lance.png

Red1.png

Team I (Final):
Spr_4h_062.png

Wash (Poliwrath) - L69 @ Focus Sash (Broken during fight with Red to set up Rain Dance and remove Hail)
Nature: Mild
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves:
Hypnosis
Surf
Focus Blast
Rain Dance

Spr_4d_257_f.png

Burn (Blaziken) - L69 @ Muscle Band
Nature: Quirky
Ability: Blaze
Moves:
Flare Blitz
Bulk Up
Sky Uppercut
Return

Spr_4h_214_f.png

Impale (Heracross) - L69 @ Choice Scarf
Nature: Adamant
Ability: Guts
Moves:
Facade
Close Combat
Megahorn
Rock Slide

Spr_4p_475.png

Squib (Gallade) - L69 @ Expert Belt
Ability: Steadfast
Moves:
Psycho Cut
Close Combat
Leaf Blade
Swords Dance

Next up is Emerald for the Hoenn Region.

Will94

Trainer Card Maker
Years
Well, after a long time since my last update, I have finished my fighting monotype leg for Johto on SoulSilver. The Gen IV remakes are way harder to complete than the original releases, that's for sure. After beating the elite four again a couple times, I trained against the gym leaders and battled all the trainers I could find, including my rival a few times. Once I got my team to level 69, I challenged Red, and was victorious!

Lance.png

Red1.png

Team I (Final):
Spr_4h_062.png

Wash (Poliwrath) - L69 @ Focus Sash (Broken during fight with Red to set up Rain Dance and remove Hail)
Nature: Mild
Ability: Water Absorb
Moves:
Hypnosis
Surf
Focus Blast
Rain Dance

Spr_4d_257_f.png

Burn (Blaziken) - L69 @ Muscle Band
Nature: Quirky
Moves:
Flare Blitz
Bulk Up
Sky Uppercut
Return

Spr_4h_214_f.png

Impale (Heracross) - L69 @ Choice Scarf
Moves:
Facade
Close Combat
Megahorn
Rock Slide

Spr_4p_475.png

Squib (Gallade) - L69 @ Expert Belt
Ability: Steadfast
Moves:
Psycho Cut
Close Combat
Leaf Blade
Swords Dance

Next up is Emerald for the Hoenn Region.

Quick Question... How did you take screenshots of the game??

Years
Update..

well, something screwed up my save states, so i basically had to start over, which i did yesterday. The sad thing is that i left in a hurry so i accidentally exited out before i could post my update.. Well, heres a quick breakdown...

Roxanne, fairly difficult. Died a few times. Not as much as in my poison run, though.

Brawly, really easy. beat him my first try.

Wattson, beat him my first try, but not as easily as brawly. I burned him and had to wait out the battle with potions and an occasional ember.

Salamander evolved into a shelgon right before i entered the town next to the ashy route. Found Swan(swablu) right after that.

Now, to continue. I made my way through meteorite falls and back to rustboro, got the EXP share, and left. Made my way to the volcano and stopped team aqua from draining it or whatever they were doing. traveled to lavaridge(i think?) and challenged the gym. I beat flannery with some difficulty, with her torkoals attract. But i still won.. then second try.

Got the gogoggles from may and caught me snapper, the trapinch. I arrived at pedalburg, and now im bored.

My Current Team...

Swan/Swablu

Level 24

-Peck
-Safe Guard
-Astonish
-Fury Attack

Salamander/Shelgon

Level 33

-Ember
-Bite
-Protect
-Headbutt

Snapper/Trapinch

Level 21

-Bite
-Sand-Attack
-Faint Attack
---

Years
Ecruteak to Mahogany Part 1! First update in ages, It's been extremely boring to play (Johto and Orre are boring D:) so I decided to post some stuff anyway.

-Saw Suicune and Eusine
-Defeated Gyarados on Steroids!
-Talked to Dragon Man? He seems... Elite...
[Not Much eh?]

My Team is;

Quilava [Blaze] Lv34
Serious Nature @Charcoal
-Flame Wheel
-Headbutt
-Swift
-Ember

Growlithe [Ashe Jr.] Lv34
Hasty Nature @None
-Flamethrower
-Reversal
-Take Down
-Dig

Magmar [Torcher] Lv35
Impish Nature @None
-Fire Punch
-Ember
-Confuse Ray
-Faint Attack

Bellsprout [Slave #1]
Krabby [Slave #2]
Spearow [Kenya]
Geodude [Baoba #1]

Heres the XD side of things, I finished This stuff AGES ago, just didnt bother to post it.

-Neo Learnt Ember
-Purified Teddiursa
-Named PC Teddy !
-PC Teddy ! goes in PC!
-Scoot > Mt. Battle
--VS Beauty Miru: Wurmple Lv9, Wingull Lv9
--VS Casual Dude Cridel: Corpish Lv9, Swablu Lv10
--VS Coltrainer Bardo: Doduo Lv10, Spoink Lv10
-Scoot > Cipher Lab
--VS Cipher Peon Resix: Slugma Lv14, Houndour [Shadow] Lv17+
-Caught Houndour!
-Took 2 Tries the first time, Mum turned off before I saved. Took 3 Tries the second time
-Trained in Mt. Battle
-Purified Houndour
-Named Saber
--VS Cipher Peon Greesix: Oddish Lv9, Cacnea Lv9, Lotad Lv9, Shroomish Lv9, Pineco Lv9, Seedot [Shadow] Lv17+
--VS Cipher Peon Purpsix: Koffing Lv10, Grimer Lv10, Tentacool Lv10, Gulpin [Shadow] Lv17+
--VS Cipher Peon Yellosix: Electrike Lv12, Chinchou Lv11, Mareep [Shadow] Lv17+
--VS Cipher Peon Browsix: Hoothoot Lv14, Baltoy [Shadow] Lv17+
--VS Cipher Peon Blusix: Horsea Lv11, Goldeen Lv12, Spheal [Shadow] Lv17+
--VS Cipher Peon Corla: Duskull Lv14, Skitty Lv14
--VS Cipher R&D Tekot: Clamperl Lv13, Corpish Lv14, Zubat Lv15
--VS Cipher Peon Jarion: Doduo Lv13, Taillow Lv14
--VS Cipher R&D Mesak: Anorith Lv13, Lileep Lv13
--VS Cipher Peon Nexir: Swinub Lv14, Shuppet Lv13, Spinarak [Shadow] Lv14+

My Team is;

Flareon [Neo] Lv22
-Tackle
-Ember
-Bite
-Sand-Attack

Houndour [Saber] Lv20
-Faint Attack
-Charm
-Ember
-Roar

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
Update:

-Battled the trainers to the left of Mauville
-Broke down the boulder for the couple, bless.
-Headed North from Mauville, battling all the trainers.
-Went through Firey path & reached Laveridge town
-Beat the gym trainers & Flannery, winning the heat badge :D
-Did the whole Team Magma malarchy and defeated Maxie with ease.
-Went back to Petalburg, defeated all the gym trainers (which was no easy task I must say..)
-Faced Norman and almost won but Slaking managed to overpower me..

Next I'll try again to beat Norman, but right now I cba..

Team:

emesprani259.gif

Lucas/Marshtomp - L34
-Water gun
-Take down
-Mud shot
-Tackle
emesprani279.gif

Haley/Pelipper - L34
-Water gun
-Wing attack
-Growl
-Supersonic
emesprani271.gif

Nathan/Lombre - L32
-Absorb
-Nature power
-Secret power
-Fury swipes

Last edited:

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
Add me to the challengers?

I'm going to do monotype fire, so add me to the list?
games:
fire red, hg/ss (depends on whether Growlithe/Vulpix is in fire red. I'll play whatever isn't in fire red), emerald, platinum, and if I complete them, black.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I destroyed the Chipper Key Lair's Shadow Pokemon Maker and then got the Robo Kyorge and went to Citadark Isle. I then purified Pidgeotto, Golbat evolved and caught a bunch of Pokemon. I continued on and eventually caught a Scyther. I am currently in Citadark Isle. Oh yeah and I'm not evolving Pidgeotto because I've already used a Pidgeot in the challenge and I don't want to repeat Pokemon.
Shadow Pokemon Caught: 63, Purified: 53.
166.gif

Redian (Ledian) Lv46.
Moves: Psybeam, Swift, Aerial Ace, Supersonic.
169.gif

Nostenfer (Crobat) Lv45.
Moves: Wing Attack, Confuse Ray, Air Cutter, Bite.
178.gif

Natio (Xatu) Lv45.
Moves: Wish, Future Sight, Night Shade, Aerial Ace.
017.gif

Pigeon (Pidgeotto) Lv47.
Moves: Wing Attack, Refresh, Steel Wing, Featherdance.
123.gif

Scyther Lv40.
Moves: Shadow Rush, Shadow Mist.

Saiddun Uzkha

Obsessed and Proud!
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jan 26, 2011
I finished my Silver part of my Ultimate Normal!

Final team:
Furret level 77
Surf, Ice Punch, Fire Punch, Thunder Punch
Snolax level 71
Rest, Body Slam, Snore, and Blizzard
Tauros level 79
Rest, Take Down, Surf and Earthquake
Stantler level 70
Tackle, Hypnosis, Attract, and Stomp

SyngthaSuyeon

Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU
Years
Fire Mono Kanto 1: Starter-Mount Moon (Pushy Boys! Girls Aren't Pushovers!)

[S-HIGHLIGHT]If anyone is bored by this, I will keep these updates short, sweet, & simple.[/S-HIGHLIGHT]

After a fun filled early morning of playing Mario Bros, Lovelie made her way downstairs for breakfast only to be
told that Professor Oak was looking for her.

"All girls dream of traveling. It said so on TV." her mom said dreamily, thinking about the opportunity she lost.
"Oh, yes. Professor Oak, next door, was looking for you."

Lovelie pouted a bit at missing out on her breakfast, then she remembered... She was getting her starter!
She went back upstairs and grabbed the potion in her PC before running out.

First stop: Next door to visit Oak's granddaughter Daisy.

"Hi Lovelie! My brother Key is out at Grandpa's lab."

It was then that Lovelie looked around. No Professor.

'I'll just try the lab.'

Lovelie made her way to the lab that was south of Daisy's house. After small talk with the Aides, she went to the
back to see... Key.

"What, it's only Lovelie? Gramps isn't around."

Where is he!?!?!?!? Lovelie's been to every house in the tiny town! Well, if push came to shove, she'd have to go
through wild Pokemon to Viridian.

"Hey! Wait! Don't go out!"

'Oh, now he comes! Right before I got killed by Rattata and Pidgeys.'

"It's unsafe! Wild Pokemon live in tall grass! You need your own Pokemon for your protection. I know! Here, come
with me!"

He gave her no other option.

♦♦♦

"Gramps, I'm fed up with waiting!"

'Brat...'

"Key? Let me think... Oh! That's right I told you to come! Just wait! Here, Lovelie. There are three Pokemon here."

'Duh, I can clearly see that.'

"Haha! The Pokemon are held inside these Pokeballs."

He obviously read her face wrong. She wasn't confused about where the Pokemon were.

"When I was young, I was a serious Pokemon trainer. But now, in my old age, I have only these three left. You can
have one. Go on choose!"

'Don't mind if I-'

"Hey! Gramps! No fair! What about me!"

"Be patient, Key. You can have one too!"

Lovelie made her way to the desk, already knowing her choice. The fiery Charmander!

"Ah! Charmander is your choice. You should raise it patiently. So Lovelie, your claiming the fire Pokemon Charamander?

She answered yes without a blink and named her female Charmander Gain (pronounced Ka-Inn).

"I'll take this one, then!" Key said and grabbed the Pokeball that held Squirtle.

After giving her thanks to the Professor, Lovelie was ready to head out. Key, however thought differently and challenged her on the spot!

"Wait Lovelie! Let's check out our Pokemon! C'mon! I'll take you on!"

"Oh for Pete's sake... So pushy, as always... Lovelie. You've never had a Pokemon battle before have you? A Pokemon battle is
when trainers pit their Pokemon against each other."

After the little lecture, Lovelie and Gain set out to prove that just because they were girls didn't mean they
were pushovers! Within three Scratches, Squirtle was KO'ed and Gain was Lv 6.

"WHAT! Unbelievable! I picked the wrong Pokemon!" After taking a few minutes to fume, Key spoke up.
"Okay! I'll make my Pokemon battle to toughen it up! Lovelie! Gramps! Smell you later!" Key stormed out, and Lovelie, wanting to start her journey, followed suit.

The first place she'd need to go was to Viridian to challenge the gym, as well as buy some essentials. Luckily, a
wandering store clerk was nice enough to give her a free Potion.

By the time Lovelie arrived in Viridian, Gain was lv 7 and had learned Ember. Lovelie wasted no time visiting Nurse Joy to heal Gain's wounds, then
headed straight for the Mart.

"Hey! You came from Pallet Town?" the clerk asked as soon as she stepped in.

'How'd he know?'

"You know Professor Oak, right? His order came in. Can I get you to take it to him?"

'Will I get a discount if I do?'

The clerk thrust the package in her hands and sent her on her way.

'Speaking of pushy!' Buying what she needed would just have to wait. The sooner Oak got his parcel, the better.

♦♦♦

"Oh Lovelie! How's my old Pokemon? Well, it seems to be growing more attached to you. You must be talented as a Pokemon Trainer. What's that?
You have something for me? Ah! It's the custom Pokeball! I had it on order. Thank you!"

"Gramps!" Key stormed in. "I almost forgot! What did you call me for?"

"Oh right! I have a request for you two..."

Lovelie already knew that all new trainers were issued their own Pokedexes to record all the Pokemon in the region, so she let her mind wander.
Then, Oak presented her with Pokeballs! Finally! She didn't hear anymore after that until Key spoke up in a smug tone.

"Alright Gramps. Leave it all to me! Lovelie, I hate to say it, but you won't be necessary for this. I know! I'll borrow a Town Map
from my sis! I'll tell her not to lend you one Lovelie! Hahaha! Don't bother coming around to my place after this!"

Naturally, Lovelie didn't listen, and did indeed get a map from Daisy.

♦♦♦

She was on her way to the gym, when an elderly man hyped up on coffee stopped her, offering to teach her how to catch Pokemon.

'Is it that obvious I'm new at this?'

To her suprise, she was also given a tiny TV called Teachy TV in case she needed further information.

Unforunately, the Viridian doors were locked, so she had no choice but to move on to the next town.

♦♦♦

Viridian Forest; home to a ton of Bug types and Bug Catchers made a great place to train Gain for the upcoming gym in Pewter City.
They arrived with Gain at lv 8, and left the forest with her at lv 13 and knowing Metal Claw. Lovelie ran to the Pokemon Center
since Gain had used nearly all her Ember attacks in the Forest.

Her next stop was the Pewter City Gym. From all the rocks that lay around, she knew this was a Rock/Ground Gym and that Gain would
no doubt have some trouble. Lovelie had ten Potions in her bag, an Antidote, and six unused Pokeballs since she didn't catch anything.
She approached the back of the gym only to be stopped by an apprentice of Brock's.

The boy sent out a Geodude. This was as good a time as any to test Metal Claw which was Steel typed and should have been super effective.
Two Metal claws and an Ember later, Geodude was KO'ed and the boy sent out his Sandshrew. This was going to be tricky since he could use Sand Attack and wasn't effected much by Metal Claw.
Ember did enough damage to take it down in two hits.

Lovelie was ready to pass and face Brock, her first official Gym Leader battle. Gain had to be ready at lv 14.

"So, you're here. I'm Brock. I'm Pewter's Gym Leader. My rock-hard willpower is eveident even in my Pokemon. My Pokemon are all rock hard, and have true-grit determination.
That's right - my Pokemon are all the Rock type!"

'That doesn't mean you'll win. Type advantages aren't everything.'

"Fuhaha! You're going to challenge me knowing that you'll lose? That's the trainer's honor that compels you to challenge me."

'...'

"Fine, then! Show me your best!"

Like the challenger before, Brock sent out a Geodude at lv 12. Gain Metal Clawed away as Geodude used Defense Curl, making the victory a solid one.
The biggest challenge came in the form of a lv 14 Onix. Lovelie took comfort in the fact that Gain was a level higher and still had plenty of HP.
Lovelie used a Potion when Rock Tomb took over half Gain's HP. Gain Embered away Onix' health bit by bit as Onix did the same with Bind. The Rock Tomb that
could have meant the end for them thankfully missed and Gain countered with a well placed Metal Claw, ending the match.

"I took you for granted, and so I lost. As proof of your victory, I confer on you this... the official Pokemon League Boulder Badge. Just having the Boulder Badge
makes your Pokemon more powerful. It also enables the use of the move Flash outside of battle. Of course, a Pokemon must know the move Flash to use it."

Just as Lovelie was about to go, Brock stopped her.

"Wait! Take this with you." She was given the TM39. "TM39 contains Rock Tomb. It hurls boulders at the foe and lowers its speed.

After taking Gain to be healed, Lovelie figured her business in Pewter was finished until she remembered the Flash technique she might need. After talking to everyone in town -who didn't tell her where to get this 'Flash',
she tried the museum. With the exception of some cool fossils, there was nothing of interest there. Lovelie headed east to leave and ran into Professor Oak's Aide who gave her a pair of Running Shoes. There was a letter attached to the box.

Dear Lovelie,
Here is a pair of Running Shoes for my beloved challenger.
Remember, I'll always cheer for you! Don't ever give up!

From, Mom

Encouraged even more, Lovelie set out towards the mountains.

After a fight with a Lass and her Pidgeys, Gain evolved into Charmeleon. A few more battles later, Lovelie felt it wouldn't have been right to not visit home and show off her first badge to Mom. Lovelie made use of her Running Shoes all the way back to Pallet.
She figured while she was in town, she'd go to the League building and ask more about it. Who else who she run into other than Key?

"Hey! Lovelie! You're off to the Pokemon League?

'Yea.'

Forget about it! You probably don't have any Badges, do you? The guard won't let you through without them. By the way, did your Pokemon get any stronger?"

He didn't let her say 'Yes.' or 'No.' before sending out a Pidgey. It was over in one hit, for both Pidgey and Squirtle who were still only lv 9, though Squirtle took two more hits. Key refused to admit defeat, claiming her hard work was just luck.

"I heard the Pokemon League is crawling with tough trainers. I have to figure out how to get past them. You should quit dawdling and get a move on!" he said before running off.

He was right. How else will she continue to beat Key if she didn't keep working to get those badges?

♦♦♦

Lovelie made it past the forest and was back on the road towards Mount Moon, fighting off trainers one by one. All challengers went down in one blow with the exception of a Lass' Jigglypuff. After a long day, Lovelie rested at the Pokemon Center right outside the entrance to Mount Moon. She'd continue her quest after a night's sleep.

Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2018
Quick Question... How did you take screenshots of the game??

I am using the NO$GBA emulator for Gen IV games, and you can either use the Print Screen key on your keyboard or go to Menu -> Utility -> Screenshot. If you are using a real DS, then I have no clue :P

If you are using Virtual Gameboy Advance emulator (for Gen I-III), there's a menu option for taking screenshots as well.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Mar 17, 2018
Emerald Update for Hoenn Region

I've made quite a bit of progress on my fighting type run in the Hoenn region on Emerald. Once again, my name is I, but since I can't choose my rival's name for the Hoenn games, I guess May will have to do. At least her name is still 3 letters long.

Spoiler:

Team I:

Spr_3e_067.gif

Machoke - L33 @ Macho Brace
Nature: Lonely
Moves: Facade, Revenge, Vital Throw, Seismic Toss
Spr_3e_297.gif

Fatty (Hariyama) - L33
Nature: Serious
Ability: Thick Fat K
Moves: Strength, Knock Off, Vital Throw, Fake Out
Spr_3e_286.gif

Hi (Breloom) - L34
Nature: Impish
Ability: Effect Spore
Moves: Mach Punch, Headbutt, Mega Drain, Leech Seed
Spr_3e_256.gif

Char (Combusken) - L34
Nature: Serious
Moves: Double Kick, Quick Attack, Bulk Up, Ember

Years
Update on UMC Dragon

Fought Norman and won easily i guess you could say. He's never hard. I went to wallys house and got surf, went the next path and caught a zigizagoon. Taught it surf and made my way back to mauville. I fought the reporters and relized how underleveled snapper and swan are compared to every other pokemon. So i went all over, grinding. Made my way to the weather station, where both of them made it to level 30, while salamander made it to 35. I enter the station and kill the aqua members. Almost died against my rival again, but a revive and headbutt and she was done. Made it fortree city and started grinding. I caught another zigizagoon and a linnone for the pick up abilities. Both Swan and Snapper evolved. After healing, i entered the gym. She was really easy. I killed everyone of her pokemon with salamander, except for her altaria, i used swan, for her dragon breath.

Made my way through the route, and i stumble upon team aqua, who shout their next location. I go to a pokemon center to heal, and go to mt. pyre. i walk through the graveyard thingy and go to the top, where i see archie taking the red orb. i receive the blue orb and i leave the mountain. I ran into my rival and destroyed her. I then surfed to aquas hideout and watched archie sail away. After leaving the cave, i surfed to lilycove and healed up to challenge the gym. Tate and Liza were pretty easy. Even though they killed salamander and snapper, i had my slaves heal them, and swan used dragon breath and killed them both, except for the last hit, which snapper got.

Used my super rod and caught a magikarp, put the exp share on it and leveled it up to a gyarados. I made my way through the cave, avoiding all the battles i could, and i made it to kyogre. I fought archie and barely win.. His sharpedo killed all my dragons except for pincher. I flew back to lilcove to heal, then made my way to sotopolis. I go to the cave of orgin, pick up waterfall and fight krogre. It killed everyone on my team, but altaria, after being revived twice, killed it by using fly. I knew i gave her that for a reason.. All my levels were close to walluces trainers, so i decided to train with the reporters. I got Salamander to level 45, and now im done fro the night

My Current Team...

Salamander/Shelgon

Level 45

-Ember
-Dragon Breath
-Bite
-Headbutt

Swan/Altaria

Level 44

-Fly
-Steel Wing
-Dragon Breath
-Dragon Dance

Snapper/Vibrava

Level 41

-Crunch
-Screech
-Dragon Breath
-Sand Tomb

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I continued on through Citadark Isle catching Shadow Pokemon. I then started to beat all of the admins. I kept battling and caught a Salamence. I am about to battle Master Greevil. I'll finish this challenge once I've purified all the Shadow Pokemon.
Shadow Pokemon caught: 75 purified: 53.
166.gif

Redian (Ledian) Lv47.
Moves: Psybeam, Swift, Aerial Ace, Supersonic.
169.gif

Nostenfer (Crobat) Lv47.
Moves: Wing Attack, Confuse Ray, Air Cutter, Bite.
178.gif

Natio (Xatu) Lv48.
Moves: Wish, Future Sight, Night Shade, Aerial Ace.
017.gif

Pigeon (Pidgeotto) Lv48.
Moves: Wing Attack, Refresh, Steel Wing, Featherdance.
123.gif

Scyther Lv40.
Moves: Shadow Rush, Shadow Mist, Silver Wind.
373.gif

Salamence Lv50.
Moves: Shadow Rush, Shadow Hold.

jdthebud

Engineering Solutions
Years
Started the Hoenn leg of my Flying Ultimate monochallenge today, using Emerald.

Littleroot Town → Meteor Falls:

Spoiler:

Am about to go back through Rustboro Tunnel and up to Mt. Chimney to stop Team Magma from erupting the volcano.

Team Fargo:
Spr_3e_333.gif

Cloud the Hasty Swablu, ♂ - L20
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Peck, Fury Attack, Astonish, Sing
Spr_3e_277.gif

Robin the Careful Swellow, ♂ - L27
Moves: Quick Attack, Wing Attack, Double Team, Focus Energy
Spr_3e_042.gif

Venom the Impish Golbat, ♀ - L28
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Wing Attack, Bite, Confuse Ray, Attract
Spr_3e_279.gif

Mystani the Mild Pelipper, ♀ - L31
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Water Gun, Supersonic, Wing Attack, Protect
Spr_3e_258.gif

Guam the Docile Mudkip, ♀ - L10
Ability: Torrent
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Mud-Slap, Water Gun
Spr_3e_263.gif

Scoop the Impish Zigzagoon, ♀ - L3 @ Hyper Potion
Ability: Pickup
Moves: Tackle, Growl, Cut, Rock Smash

Also have Dish, a Lotad that knows Flash, in the box along with Pick2, my second Zigzagoon.

Last edited:

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Defeated Elite 4, not an easy task.
Now taking on Brock, 1st Kanto Gym Leader (in my order the 6th), now grinding around Kanto.

EDIT: 3 Gym Leaders in a row! Think I'll rematch Elite Four before Red.

197.png
~ Lv. 66 ~ Iron Tail, Dark Pulse, Dig, Psychic

198.png
~ Lv. 67 ~ Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Steel Wing, Fly (Honchkrow)

229.png
~ Lv. 66 ~ Crunch, Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb, Thunder Fang

248.png
~ Lv. 67 ~ Earthquake, Stone Edge, Dark Pulse, Dragon Claw

275.png
~ Lv. 67 ~ Leaf Storm, Faint Attack, Extrasensory, Brick Break

215.png
~ Lv. 66 ~ Dark Pulse, X-Scissor, Ice Beam, Shadow Claw (Weavile)

130.png
~ Lv. 30 ~ Surf, Strength, Rock Smash, Waterfall (HM Slave)

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Sep 2, 2013
Wow, it's been like forver since I came on here.... I'll update as soon as I can a sI'm nearly done wih N.

Porygon Z

721 and counting!
Years
Hooray! Johto Challenge complete!

First, I defeated Elite Four again.
Then, before Red battle, I grinded the team to level 70, thanks to Gym Leaders Rematches, Rival battle in PKMN League, double battle vs. Clair and Lance, and some grinding in Mt. Silver.
I climbed Mt. Silver for the final battle, and that's how it went...

Pikachu: 1HKO Earthquake (Critical).
Charizard: 2HKO Stone Edge.
Blastoise: 1 Extrasensory and 1 Leaf Storm, nearly KOed Shiftry with 2 Critical hit Surf.
Venusaur: 2HKO Flamethrower, poisoned Houndoom.
Snorlax: 4HKO Dragon Claw, killed Umbreon, Honchkrow and Weavile.
Lapras: 2HKO Leaf Storm, killed Houndoom.

197.png
~ Lv. 70 ~ Iron Tail, Dark Pulse, Dig, Psychic

198.png
~ Lv. 70 ~ Shadow Ball, Dark Pulse, Steel Wing, Fly (Honchkrow)

229.png
~ Lv. 70 ~ Crunch, Flamethrower, Sludge Bomb, Thunder Fang

248.png
~ Lv. 70 ~ Earthquake, Stone Edge, Dark Pulse, Dragon Claw

275.png
~ Lv. 70 ~ Leaf Storm, Faint Attack, Extrasensory, Brick Break

215.png
~ Lv. 70 ~ Dark Pulse, X-Scissor, Ice Beam, Shadow Claw (Weavile)

Moving on Hoenn!

My Hoenn team will be:
197.png
229.png
248.png
275.png
319.png
359.png

Years
  • Seen May 1, 2012
Doh!

Having been busy with college
Right now i'd be giving a Big update. but sadly due to my lack of watching where i click, i over saved my file setting, me aaall the way back to the start :cer_pissed:

so atm i cant be botherd with the normal challenge (Bunery is a pain to evolve)
so am starting a fresh by doing the soul silver: poison challenge.
doing it on an emulator (ether NoGBA or DesMuMe, dont know yet. will say on first update)

Roughsponge

What's occurin?
Years
Update:
  • Had a rematch with Norman and beat him, just... and won myself the Balance badge!
  • Got Surf from Wally's dad/uncle, can't tell the difference ;)
  • Surfed down past Dewford & went on the abandoned ship
  • Got Ice beam and taught it to Haley
  • Surfed up to Slatesport & ran to Mauville
  • Did the whole 'New Mauville' bit & turned off the generator, earning thunderbolt tm.. wow..
  • Went East from Mauville, battling every trainer I passed
  • Lucas evolved into Swampert! Horray! If only I had a waterstone to evolve Nathan... :( It will be a while yet.
  • Got rid of the Team Aqua grunts at the weatherstation & got Castforme (which went straight into the PC.. what a great life it will live)
  • Finally reached Fortree city, got the Devon scope thing and killed Ko'd the pesky kecleon.
  • Beat the gym trainers & Wanona (I think thats her name..) and earned the Feather badge! :D
Team:
emesprani260.gif

Lucas/Swampert - L40
-Surf
-Take down
-Mud shot
-Muddy Water
emesprani279.gif

Haley/Pelipper - L40
-Ice beam
-Wing attack
-Fly