The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 20th, 2010, 05:04 AM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm

Advertise here
After arriving on Lily of the Valley Island, Ash needs to assemble his Sinnoh League team....

Looks like we'll be seeing some familar faces in this episode. :o

Last edited by Blue_Drifblim; November 20th, 2010 at 05:16 AM.
Old November 20th, 2010, 05:30 AM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

They changed Cyndaquil's voice. I liked Snorlax in this episode too.

And they changed Quilava's voice into some ugly voice. And I mean from its old dub voice not the Japanese voice. Good to see the old Pokémon though.
Old November 20th, 2010, 05:43 AM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
Hmmm... We're back at the point where I started following the Japanese anime. I'm gonna keep these short for the dub from this point

Anyways, I could have sworn the Heatran had more screentime >__> And once again Ash falls for Team Rocket's dumb tricks.

But, just like last time, it's a disappointment not all of Ash's Pokemon could appear.

I <3ed Saikou Everyday Instru at the end, btw.
Not much longer till DP ends people. *sigh* The activity for this forum is gonna get so slow...
Old November 20th, 2010, 06:06 AM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

I've always loved that shocked "O_O" expression. XD Piplup flipping out over the missing Pokemon was the best, along with Snorlax's "fall/roll over" attack. I thought it was nice to see all of the Pokemon being used at the end, and Cyndaquil's evolution was awesome, too.

Can't believe that the Sinnoh League is already here!
Old November 20th, 2010, 07:09 AM
chiefsfan212006
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdvancedK47 View Post
I <3ed Saikou Everyday Instru at the end, btw.
I loved it! I was afraid they would change the song.

I watched this episode in June when it came out in Japan online and was looking forward to the dubbed version.

Was upset that not everyone was shown in this episode (Sceptile, Swellow..Bulbasaur only got 5 seconds of air time :/).

I'll be focusing on school and will watch the Sinnoh League battles sometime during winter break. On a side note, did Prof. Oak sound like Gary? Are they losing some of the english work actors?
Old November 20th, 2010, 08:58 AM
AshPikastar
It's Question Time!

Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Drifblim View Post
I've always loved that shocked "O_O" expression. XD Piplup flipping out over the missing Pokemon was the best, along with Snorlax's "fall/roll over" attack. I thought it was nice to see all of the Pokemon being used at the end, and Cyndaquil's evolution was awesome, too.
I thought that was funny too. I also liked the fact how Barry got pwned by Bayleaf and was freaking out as usual once Ash said it was his Pokemon. I was glad that Cyndaquil has evolved though. At last.
Old November 20th, 2010, 09:45 AM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Nature: Careful
It's been a long while since I've watched a dubbed episode... XD;;

O_O
^ The best expression ever!

Its unbelievable how Ash falls for the lame traps set by Team Rocket each time. And how did Team Rocket forget to wear their electric-proof jackets or something? Equally weird. I bet the mecha Team Rocket used in this episode was the weirdest ever. Ah, at least it is electric-proof. Did I spot a set-square in one of its hands?

It was nice to see some of Ash's old Pokemon, they sure bring back some old memories.. *sniff* I actually thought that Snorlax would eat up Pikachu.. lol Heracross as well! Bayleaf now reminds me of Mijumaru! (Similar nature XD) Nice to see Cyntaquil evolve as well. It had been really quite long. I liked the episode, overall.

Old November 20th, 2010, 10:42 AM
joacen
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

I enjoyed this episode a lot. It was great to see some of Ash's old Pokemon. I'm also glad that the voices weren't altered too much. I was afraid that might happen since the Pokemon that appeared in this episode hadn't been seen in a while.

Team Rocket's robot was very impressive, but of course, it was only a matter of time before they failed, thanks to Quilava evolving from Cyndaquil. That was a shock!

The Sinnoh League is finally here! I can't wait to see how some of these battles turn out. Next time: Ash vs. Nando

John, Paul, George, and Ringo: The Fab Four
Old November 20th, 2010, 11:47 AM
Fithboy
The Lego Man

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fithboy Send a message via Yahoo to Fithboy
How come TR didn't go for the Heatran? How come no-one noticed it?

O_O

O_O

Last edited by Fithboy; November 20th, 2010 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old November 20th, 2010, 02:09 PM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fithboy View Post

O_O
This ^
Honestly, im soo glad they've made team rocket more serious in BW...

I really enjoyed seeing old friends/pokémon in this episode. I liked the song choice they used on the search for the missing pokémon. Bayleef was sooo cute!! Did anyone notice they kept the voice actor(?) (or is it the same for the japanese version)
I loved it when Cyndaquil evolved into Quilava, not only did it have such a cute voice, it leaved Eruption(Ironically thats what I nicknamed my Cyndaquil in SS, after the move of course)!

Old November 20th, 2010, 03:17 PM
PearlShipper4Life
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I loved this episode, every thing about this episode was just great. AshxBayLeef so cute, I loved how she really wanted to be with Ash and took that Pokeball away from him. I really loved all the Pokemon and them showing there love for Ash different ways. Oaks getting old and its starting to show by him forgetting which Pokemon Ash wanted sent over, that part was funnyXD loved Snorlax and him defeating Team Rocket without even trying, ouch for them. Kind of makes miss comical Team Rocket here. Over all a fun episode and Ash had the best expressions to his Pokemon LOL.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old November 20th, 2010, 03:35 PM
Dooonerz
@JackDonnellyy

Nature: Timid
I loved this episode, it really put the nostalgia glasses on because of ash's Pokemon, it's a shame we didn't see Charizard though </3

"Its shell is like armor and the attacks from
the hydro cannons on its back are virtually unstoppable."
Old November 20th, 2010, 04:03 PM
Vernikova

Considering that Charizard had its time during the Battle Frontier I'm not sad that we didn't get to see it. If anything, it's best that it didn't make an appearance here so other Pokémon could have their chance to shine.

I enjoyed how they gave us a quick glimpse of God when they were showing the matches for the first round of the tournament.
Old November 20th, 2010, 05:43 PM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
Okay, we are finally here at the Sinnoh League! But it's really cool how we get to see a lot of Ash's Pokemon from past times like Bayleef from Johto and Corphish from Hoenn. It's going to be a very interesting set of matches.

And Bayleef owns Barry!

Wow, TR almost got away with their scheme. They had a really interesting robot! It's too bad that they didn't count on Cyndaquil evolving into Quilava. And learning Eruption.

Ash's Snorlax had to sleep! No wonder...

Wow...Quilava's voice sounds really, really wierd...

Ahh, the lovely Cynthia! I wonder how she will contribute in the next few episodes...

Looking forward to the match between Ash and Nando!

8.5/10

In the Sinnoh League:

Ash
Nando
Paul
Barry
Conway

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old November 20th, 2010, 06:53 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I need to watch this episode over again on my DVR. I was watching it this morning, but was interrupted a couple times and lost focus on what was happening. I watched it before in Japanese, but I anticipated the Sinnoh League for the dub for quite some time now.

...and it's finally here!

It's great to see some old faces again. Not to mention some left over HG/SS promotion from majority of the Johto Pokémon. And Cyndaquil's evolution to Quilava. Not loving the voice, but I'm glad it finally happened after, what? Eight years? XD;
Old November 21st, 2010, 03:54 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post
Not loving the voice
I thought it was really cute. You can't exspect something really gruff from a Quilava.

Old November 21st, 2010, 06:33 AM
mervyn797
What? I'm right here. >D

Nature: Careful
I was expecting a rather deep voice for Quilava because the Pokedex description said that it intimidated its foes with the heat of its flames. How would an opponent be intimidated by a cute voice? ;; According to me, Deep voice + Flames = Intimidation.

Old November 21st, 2010, 09:20 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Quote:
Originally Posted by mervyn797 View Post
I was expecting a rather deep voice for Quilava because the Pokedex description said that it intimidated its foes with the heat of its flames. How would an opponent be intimidated by a cute voice? ;; According to me, Deep voice + Flames = Intimidation.

Well that pokédex description says Flames not a deep voice, plus it wasn't all cute it did sound serious at the same time.

Old November 25th, 2010, 01:35 AM
vaporeon7
My life would suck without you
Community Supporter

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to vaporeon7
Just love Piplup's O_O expression.
Old November 30th, 2010, 04:27 AM
Vernikova

CARTOON NETWORK 1.3/6 Avg. (7a-1p)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 1.3/13; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.3/10; Pokemon: DP Sinnoh League 1.7/10; Sym-Bionic Titan 1.6/8; Generator Rex 1.7/7; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.5/6; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 0.9/4; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 1.0/4; Hole in the Wall 1.3/6; Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. 1.2/5; Garfield Show 1.2/5; Garfield Show 1.0/4
Old December 8th, 2010, 01:50 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

- Pokemon fans from all over the world go to every single region's league that is held once a year...same time, or different? If it were only one, but as there are loads of regions...they have a lot of events to go to
- Dawn: *after having a whole conversation with conway* that was Conway *facepalm*
- Since when does fire cause SMOKE in Pokemon? As opposed to another explosion?? XD
- What an awful, awful new voice for Quilava

Music kept: (8):

Pokemon Centre
TR Sneaking theme
When Ash finds out TR stolen his Pokemon
Ash spots Corphish and co
Ash realises another Pokemon~
DPPt Gym leader theme
Pokemon Symthponic Melody 2
Satoshi's Battle Decision
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links