The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 22nd, 2010, 08:31 AM
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
...I feel kinda stupid now. I remember reading that a while back but i had thought that that was supposed to be done the next time you went through the sub.

And i might as well say this now but... 'Tis a liquid of some sort is really epic. I laughed at that but didn't really understand until the part were you have to rescue Gleis.

One question though... Did Usher kill everyone on the sub? I've read the diary entries and the sub status and im kinda thinking that he killed everyone.
Actually, the 'Tis a liquid of some sort text was originally put there because something I did caused the original text, The water is a deep blue, to lose the 'T' and become he water is a deep blue. I then realised how apt it was after creating the orangeade sequence.

As for Usher and the sub: their past is due to be revealed by more hidden things in the S.S. Cangrejo in future visits. But since you ask, I'll just say that the entirety of the S.S. Cangrejo (which, if you haven't already picked it up, means 'crab' in Spanish) is a massively extended reference to:
Spoiler:
Portal.
Perhaps that will give you some idea of what happened to the submarine.

Well done for finding the password for the computers, by the way. I think most people just talk to the first computer and then ignore the rest.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 09:46 AM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
This hack is really awesome
Now I know to never use zigagoon as a useless slave in this game thanks to his epic yet confusing evolution,dragoon I can't wait for the next version so I can finish the lilycove sewer part

And I know the secret behind the orpheus ball -kinda obvious if you read a whole lot of greek myths-
The orpheus ball is the premere ball with a different name cause of the way it looks
to me the orpheus ball looks like a holy ball of some sort, and there was this man named orpheus that sang as beautifuly as the God Apollo and orpheus sang so beautifuly it was like a holy song and everyone would be uplifted until his gruesom,sad death
I could be wrong though

Last edited by Tcoppy; November 22nd, 2010 at 10:06 AM.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 10:56 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
This hack is really awesome
Now I know to never use zigagoon as a useless slave in this game thanks to his epic yet confusing evolution,dragoon I can't wait for the next version so I can finish the lilycove sewer part

And I know the secret behind the orpheus ball -kinda obvious if you read a whole lot of greek myths-
The orpheus ball is the premere ball with a different name cause of the way it looks
to me the orpheus ball looks like a holy ball of some sort, and there was this man named orpheus that sang as beautifuly as the God Apollo and orpheus sang so beautifuly it was like a holy song and everyone would be uplifted until his gruesom,sad death
I could be wrong though
Yes, Dragoone tends to have that sort of effect on people. You do realise that you can actually leave the sewers in the version currently available? It goes up until the Pacifidlog Gym.

The Orpheus ball works on two levels: one, it is an irreverent reference to the failed resurrection of Orpheus' wife by the legendary musician; two, it is a reference to something that no one except myself will actually understand. There is another myth about Orpheus, however, which is the one you're referring to. And I haven't called it the Orpheus Ball because of its looks, I've done so purely because it was a spare Pokéball item and I wanted to add in that reference.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:32 PM
cheatfreak23
Commander&Chief of cheatcodes

Nature: Quirky
I never knew that that Dragoone thing was evolved from Zigzagoon. I had seen him from the screenshot on the first page and never knew what or how to get it...as Caboose from Red vs Blue would say, "THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!"
Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:33 PM
Mr. X
For Money
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Yet again im stuck. Im on mount pyre now and i can't get that severed head to move. I tried giving the dispel toke to a pokemon and that didn't work. I've got badges 1,2,3, and 5. Just saved Meteors daughter.

Nice job with the telefang refrences. The only thing that could top that would be some digimon refrences.

Before i forget. What about secret bases? ARe those still in or did you remove them?

Come play Runescape
Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:34 PM
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Nature: Brave
Cutlerine;6302053:Yes, Dragoone tends to have that sort of effect on people. You do realise that you can actually leave the sewers in the version currently available? It goes up until the Pacifidlog Gym.
There is another myth about Orpheus, however, which is the one you're referring to.

Oh I meant going to the ship part
but the myth was when his wife dies and he goes to hades asks to have her back he said yes but never look at her until you return to the real world sand he looked back and he became glum and got killed
Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:44 PM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheatfreak23 View Post
I never knew that that Dragoone thing was evolved from Zigzagoon. I had seen him from the screenshot on the first page and never knew what or how to get it...as Caboose from Red vs Blue would say, "THIS CHANGES EVERYTHING!!!!"
I don't think there is a picture of Dragoone on the first page. At least, I can't see one...

But I hope this opens your eyes, everyone. There are a lot of new evolutions knocking around. So find them already!

Quote:
Yet again im stuck. Im on mount pyre now and i can't get that severed head to move. I tried giving the dispel toke to a pokemon and that didn't work. I've got badges 1,2,3, and 5. Just saved Meteors daughter.

Nice job with the telefang refrences. The only thing that could top that would be some digimon refrences.

Before i forget. What about secret bases? ARe those still in or did you remove them?
Are you inside Mt. Pyre? If you are:
Spoiler:
Go out, Surf clockwise around the mountain, and look for the other entrance.

And about the Digimon: who's to say they won't be there? I've got Spectrobes and Denjuu references already; it seems only natural to me to include the Digimon and hit a perfect 'mon' union.

Secret Bases, for the record, still exist. I'm not sure where I've put the TM Secret Power, though. I'll find it for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcoppy View Post
Oh I meant going to the ship part
but the myth was when his wife dies and he goes to hades asks to have her back he said yes but never look at her until you return to the real world sand he looked back and he became glum and got killed
Exactly. That was the myth I was referring to. I thought you were referencing another myth in which Orpheus stars.

Oh, and since Dragoone has been discovered, I might as well post his base stats. I think that as people inform me they've discovered a new Fakemon, I'll post the stats.

Spoiler:
Dragoone:
  • HP - 88
  • ATK - 97
  • DEF - 50
  • SP ATK - 78
  • SP DEF - 175
  • SPD - 78
    Abilities: Pickup/Bulletproof

Last edited by Cutlerine; November 22nd, 2010 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Showing y'all the power of the Dragoone!
Old November 22nd, 2010, 12:58 PM
Roxasabridged
Lucariowner

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Roxasabridged
Kinda glad I ended up using a Zigzagoon for once. Just got Dragoone a few hours ago.

Now I just need to replace Surf and Cut and it'll be far more useful.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 04:24 PM
DonMoosavi

Congratulations on HOW! Great to see this hack being recognized...

Two pokemon's stats I would like to know are gigawolf's (is it same as zoroark?)
And Hombone.

Thanks!
Old November 22nd, 2010, 04:30 PM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
I don't think there is a picture of Dragoone on the first page. At least, I can't see one...
In your Screenshots section, 3rd column of pictures, its the next to last pic, the one where it says 'What should GIRATINA do?' and he's facing a Lvl 48 Dragon (green Charizard).
Old November 22nd, 2010, 05:43 PM
Raaxon
Sephiroth never stood a chance

Location: Deepest reachs of somewhere. I'm lost. Can you help me?
Just out of curiosity's sake, Cutlerine, you mentioned something about a Chikowa (or something) that you need to have before beating someone? D: Is that in the current hack? 'Cause I thought it might have been, but I'm not sure now... 'Cause my egg hatched into Mysteryegg and it still only has 1 HP + Wonder Guard.

Also, I decided to start again and grab a bunch of hacked pokemon and get some hacked TMs. So, my team as it stands now is:

Mysteryegg: Shadow Ball, Earthquake, Psychic, Tackle
Zigzagoon: Tackle, Headbutt, Surf, Shadow Ball,
Corphish: Bubble, Water Pulse, Blizzard, Vicegrip
Paras: Cut, Giga Drain, Stun Spore, Poison Powder
Kenchira: Toxic, Rolling Kick, Mach Punch, Earthquake
Torchic: Scratch, Ember, Fire Blast, Focus Energy

I was slightly annoyed when I tried to generate a Cacnea and found Kenchira. And Houndour and Murkrow were, of course, replaced by their zombie forms. I'm thinking I might toss out Paras and generate a new grass type... And can I ask what pokemon does Shinx replace?

Quote:
In your Screenshots section, 3rd column of pictures, its the next to last pic, the one where it says 'What should GIRATINA do?' and he's facing a Lvl 48 Dragon (green Charizard).
No, no, that's a Dragon, not a Dragoone. I'd assume they're two different things. I'm currently training up a Zigzagoon - once it becomes a Dragoone, I'll screenshot and post.

Though, someone else who already has one could post?

Last edited by colcolstyles; November 22nd, 2010 at 06:36 PM. Reason: Double posting
Old November 22nd, 2010, 06:37 PM
DonMoosavi

Quote:
No, no, that's a Dragon, not a Dragoone
Look at the back sprite. I believe that is the dragoone

I stand corrected...
Sorry

Last edited by DonMoosavi; November 22nd, 2010 at 07:01 PM.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 06:39 PM
Dark Sceptile
Psychic Lover

Nature: Docile
Dragoone~

A freaking Special Tank. This makes me love Zigzagoon even more. ~<3
Old November 22nd, 2010, 06:39 PM
cheatfreak23

@DarkSceptile: That's Dragoone? Then what the hell was I looking at? I know I was looking at the black skinned dragon looking thing that was named 'Giratina', but I havent the foggiest as to what it really is or how to get it.

Last edited by cheatfreak23; November 22nd, 2010 at 06:45 PM. Reason: Added needed info.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 08:17 PM
Ragnia
Hello

Nature: Calm
Alright i'm stuck... again. I just saved the atennae tree from Gleis's associate and I have no idea what to do next. I've beaten the fortree gym but haven't saved meteor's daughter yet. What should I do??

Oh and while i'm at i here are some new evolutions i've found:
Qwilfish-Qwilshark
Zangoose-Zangol
Seviper-Sevilious or something like that
As everyone knows already Linoone-Dragoone
And I wonder if absol and masquerain and altaria have new evolutions. Hmmm?

Edit: Nevermind figured it out but I'm at Fort Drago and have no idea where to go now...

Last edited by Ragnia; November 22nd, 2010 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Addded some things
Old November 23rd, 2010, 12:23 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnia View Post
Alright i'm stuck... again. I just saved the atennae tree from Gleis's associate and I have no idea what to do next. I've beaten the fortree gym but haven't saved meteor's daughter yet. What should I do??

Oh and while i'm at i here are some new evolutions i've found:
Qwilfish-Qwilshark
Zangoose-Zangol
Seviper-Sevilious or something like that
As everyone knows already Linoone-Dragoone
And I wonder if absol and masquerain and altaria have new evolutions. Hmmm?

Edit: Nevermind figured it out but I'm at Fort Draco and have no idea where to go now...
If you're at Fort Draco, go to the main hall and speak to Meteor to receive HM02 Fly, then defeat Meteor in the Training Hall in order to receive the Knight's Emblem, which lets you use it. Return to Lilycove as Birch instructs.

For the stats, see the bottom of the post.

Quote:
@DarkSceptile: That's Dragoone? Then what the hell was I looking at? I know I was looking at the black skinned dragon looking thing that was named 'Giratina', but I havent the foggiest as to what it really is or how to get it.
My first beta tester has a sense of humour, and called a very weak Pokémon 'Giratina'. It turned out to evolve into the immensely powerful [insert Fakemon name that totally gives away what it evolves from] - who I'm powering down in the next update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raaxon View Post
Just out of curiosity's sake, Cutlerine, you mentioned something about a Chikowa (or something) that you need to have before beating someone? D: Is that in the current hack? 'Cause I thought it might have been, but I'm not sure now... 'Cause my egg hatched into Mysteryegg and it still only has 1 HP + Wonder Guard.

I was slightly annoyed when I tried to generate a Cacnea and found Kenchira. And Houndour and Murkrow were, of course, replaced by their zombie forms. I'm thinking I might toss out Paras and generate a new grass type... And can I ask what pokemon does Shinx replace?
Mysteryegg changes in the next update. Be sure to evolve it before then.

Shinx replaces Electrike.

And believe me, Kenchukuo, when your Kenchira evolves, far outclasses Cacturne. Oddly enough, he learns a way better moveset via level-up than your hacked one has.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonMoosavi View Post
Congratulations on HOW! Great to see this hack being recognized...

Two pokemon's stats I would like to know are gigawolf's (is it same as zoroark?)
And Hombone.

Thanks!
Gigawolf was created long before anything but a few pictures of Zoroark existed online, so I made it up entirely based on Mightyena's stats. It's a joke, really, though even I'm not sure what it's about.

Anyway, stats:

Spoiler:
Qwilshark:
  • HP - 80
  • ATK - 115
  • DEF - 80
  • SP ATK - 85
  • SP DEF - 80
  • SPD - 100
Abilities: Poison Point/Swift Swim

Zangol
  • HP - 80
  • ATK - 125
  • DEF - 70
  • SP ATK - 70
  • SP DEF - 80
  • SPD - 95
Ability: Immunity

Sevicious
  • HP - 80
  • ATK - 110
  • DEF - 65
  • SP ATK - 110
  • SP DEF - 75
  • SPD - 80
Ability: Shed Skin

Gigawolf
  • HP - 85
  • ATK - 112
  • DEF - 70
  • SP ATK - 100
  • SP DEF - 70
  • SPD - 93
Abilities: Intimidate/Limber

Hombone
  • HP - 72
  • ATK - 80
  • DEF - 95
  • SP ATK - 20
  • SP DEF - 45
  • SPD - 15
Abilities: Hyper Cutter/Intimidate

Old November 23rd, 2010, 07:24 AM
Mr. X
For Money
Community Supporter

Dont know why but when i saw the name of sevipers evo i was for some strange reason reminded of professor snape. I don't know why.

Anyway i think i might have found a nice bug for you to squish. In the studio level of the film school i walked down to the bottom of the hall and tried to enter the door and the green haired girl/lady standing by it turned around and started walking towards me and then my game froze.

I'll try to get a ss of it up later.

Oh and nigera is a beast. He slaughtered half my team before i took him out. Oh, and loved the l4d refrence.

Edit - Whats the red ditch refrence from? I know its a refrence to something.

Come play Runescape

Last edited by Mr. X; November 23rd, 2010 at 07:40 AM.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 07:38 AM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cutlerine View Post
My first beta tester has a sense of humour, and called a very weak Pokémon 'Giratina'. It turned out to evolve into the immensely powerful [insert Fakemon name that totally gives away what it evolves from] - who I'm powering down in the next update.
Well, I now remember one way of finding out: Using the walk thru walls, Im gonna bypass most of the game and go to a trainer pair I know that has the Pokemon in question! Right now, since I started over, Im training my Koffing up for this venture...
Old November 23rd, 2010, 07:44 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Dont know why but when i saw the name of sevipers evo i was for some strange reason reminded of professor snape. I don't know why.

Anyway i think i might have found a nice bug for you to squish. In the studio level of the film school i walked down to the bottom of the hall and tried to enter the door and the green haired girl/lady standing by it turned around and started walking towards me and then my game froze.

I'll try to get a ss of it up later.

Oh and nigera is a beast. He slaughtered half my team before i took him out. Oh, and loved the l4d refrence.

Edit - Whats the red ditch refrence from? I know its a refrence to something.
Where is the red ditch reference? Tell me, and I might let you know what it refers to.

And about that film school thing... yeah, I'm still working on it. Not entirely sure what I did wrong there.

Old November 23rd, 2010, 07:55 AM
Starmine
» Keep it simple

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Starmine
Looks ok so far, the demo was fun to play. Just one suggestion.. why do you credit yourself for your own scripts, maps and overworlds..? Never saw someone doing that before, sounds weird in someway to credit yourself for your own hack.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 08:01 AM
cheatfreak23

In regards to my quest to solve what Pokemon was called GIRATINA in that front page screen shot, the last thing I need is to figure out how to get it from its pre form to its then form....
Old November 23rd, 2010, 08:06 AM
Mr. X
For Money
Community Supporter

The red ditch refrence was from on of the witches on the eastern route near fortree.

I'll pull the full line... Got it. This is a dead witch. Its somewhat like a red ditch, only spelled diffrently and completely diffrent.

Anyway i've replicated the bug i mentioned earlier. It looks like its completely random though. Sometimes it freezes the first time, sometime it takes 3/4 times to freeze.

@cheatfreak - All you need is a pokemon evolution editor to change the evolution method and/or evolution levels. I'd recommend pokemon amplifer 3.1

Come play Runescape
Old November 23rd, 2010, 08:14 AM
cheatfreak23

Quote:
All you need is a pokemon evolution editor to change the evolution method and/or evolution levels. I'd recommend pokemon amplifer 3.1
Actually, I meant like "Is it a stone evolution? Is it a Happiness evolution? Is it the Tyrouge style evolution?" I'd rather not hack someone's hack just to see how to make something evolve....
Old November 23rd, 2010, 08:49 AM
Ragnia
Hello

Nature: Calm
Alright I just beat the Senex in lilycve and was told to go to the elite four. But where the heck are the 4th and 8th badges?!?

Also in Fort Draco the dragon in the pokemon center turns into a biker when he heals your pokemon.

Last edited by Ragnia; November 23rd, 2010 at 08:50 AM. Reason: Added some stuff
Old November 23rd, 2010, 09:45 AM
Cutlerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starmine View Post
Looks ok so far, the demo was fun to play. Just one suggestion.. why do you credit yourself for your own scripts, maps and overworlds..? Never saw someone doing that before, sounds weird in someway to credit yourself for your own hack.
I am weird. It seemed apt at the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnia View Post
Alright I just beat the Senex in lilycve and was told to go to the elite four. But where the heck are the 4th and 8th badges?!?

Also in Fort Draco the dragon in the pokemon center turns into a biker when he heals your pokemon.
I know he turns into a biker. I'll fix that... sometime. And: For the last time, you don't need all eight Badges to challenge the Elite Four.

Quote:
I'll pull the full line... Got it. This is a dead witch. Its somewhat like a red ditch, only spelled diffrently and completely diffrent.

Anyway i've replicated the bug i mentioned earlier. It looks like its completely random though. Sometimes it freezes the first time, sometime it takes 3/4 times to freeze.
Do you mean that the bug only happens some of the time?

And as for the red ditch, I did just make that up - although I stole the joke style from the Kingdom of Loathing.

Last edited by Cutlerine; November 23rd, 2010 at 09:47 AM. Reason: Something popped into my head/And it had to be said!
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links