The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Art & Design

Notices

Art & Design For digital, traditional, design, photography and mixed media art, Pokémon-related or not. Showcase or discuss anything related to the visual arts here.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 14th, 2010, 11:57 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter Tier 2

Pixel Art of the Week!
Welcome to PAOTW #4
Every week, Scarf, myself, Ben. and Logiedan will scour the Pixel Art forum for great new pixel art and shortlist five of the newest pieces. Then, we'll post the list and let you vote! The winner will get the pride of having a PAOTW Winner, and if you win ten times, you'll get a shiny new emblem as well~ :D

Previous Winners

This Week's Shortlist
The Rules
  • Don't vote for yourself.
  • A piece of art can only win once, however artists can win numerous times (only receiving one emblem, though).
  • When voting, you MUST include a valid reason why. It would also be appreciated if you included the pixel art in your post.
  • Pixels in the Showcase will also be shortlisted, however simple edits (recolours, fusions, etc.) will not apply.
  • It's a lighthearted competition. It's only for fun. So chill out and have fun~
Old November 21st, 2010, 12:09 PM
Link
Rupee Moderator

For me it had to be metalflygon08's sprite. It has a few mistakes here and there but it's the most clean sprite of the week in my opinion. The shading is rather presentable and the overall feel of the sprite is sleek and clean.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 01:21 PM
Vrai
can you feel my heart?

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Vrai
Oh man. Why had I not noticed this before? D:

Anyway while all of it is good (substantially better than mine!) the one that sticks out to me the most is metalflygon08's Flygon. It's really bold and the posing was done in a really cool way, I think. I also think for the most part it was shaded rather well.

In reference to the actual thread, I think it would be cool if you could link the previous winners to the competition that they won in. Partially because I'm too lazy to go find them, but...
Old November 22nd, 2010, 01:42 PM
Spherical Ice
Community Supporter Tier 2

Just mentioning that I'm extending this one to two weeks. I'll take your suggestions on board, Vrai, and apply the changes next week.
Old November 22nd, 2010, 03:43 PM
Conan Edogawa
One Truth Prevails

Nature: Relaxed
My vote goes to metalflygon08 as well. As Vrai said it really stands out from the rest and is executed nicely.
Old November 23rd, 2010, 02:52 PM
Ark_Silvanos

MetalFlygon08's

It's sprited well and really stands out from the other pieces.

Old November 23rd, 2010, 03:22 PM
The 100 Mega Shock
Donator Tier 3

So I'm gonna put my vote in for PapaLuLu27's's piece.

It's drawn well, has a nice style and makes excellent use of a small palette.
Old November 26th, 2010, 05:11 AM
PapaLuLu27
I SPRITE THINGS AM I COOL NOW.

Nature: Docile

I think I'll go for dinosaurodon's Jaybi. It's simple yet appealing, and sprited well. The main reason I prefer it to metalflygon's Flygon is mainly because I prefer smaller sprites and I find smaller sprites to look smoother and cleaner compared to large ones.

-♪

-Pokémon Chicken! It will probably never come.-
So instead~ Enjoy this;
Pokémon Sienna - where the epic stuff lies.
♥ Hacks - I sprite everything myself ♥
Thing in my avatar is mine and only mine. You take I shoot. You.
Old November 30th, 2010, 10:58 PM
Logiedan
highly-functioning sociopath

I think for this week the winner is clear,
Congratulations to metalflygon08's Flygon!

The next contest will be posted presently.

Sponsored Links