The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

View Poll Results: What is the most weak part of the hack?
Storyline 10 62.50%
Graphics 6 37.50%
Other-State in Thread 2 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old August 5th, 2010, 09:50 AM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Nature: Mild
Quote:
Originally Posted by blaze up View Post
You shouldn't put fake pokemon!
You know, I actually was thinking about that detail. I will include around 10 Fakemon in the game, as they will be vital to the storyline. I agree most people hate Fakemon, but I don't really mind them. It brings something new to the table.
Old August 6th, 2010, 02:33 AM
LassLaura
No, I don't want a breakfast burrito

Nature: Quiet
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bolens View Post
You know, I actually was thinking about that detail. I will include around 10 Fakemon in the game, as they will be vital to the storyline. I agree most people hate Fakemon, but I don't really mind them. It brings something new to the table.
I don't hate fakemon (unless they look really stupid like Quartz's and some of Topaz's), but I DO hate when people add the new Pokemon from Black & White into their hack... so please don't do that.
Old August 6th, 2010, 08:56 AM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by LassLaura View Post
I don't hate fakemon (unless they look really stupid like Quartz's and some of Topaz's), but I DO hate when people add the new Pokemon from Black & White into their hack... so please don't do that.
Yeah, I agree with you. Pokemon Black and White have all new Pokemon specifically for that game. We at least need to wait maybe a couple of months after it's release to put it's Pokemon in our hacks. It is just my opinion though.
Old August 20th, 2010, 11:29 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

This hack looks awesome. Can you continue a new beta after the save or no?
Old August 21st, 2010, 09:06 AM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomackze View Post
This hack looks awesome. Can you continue a new beta after the save or no?
Probably not, as I have not really looked into the matter too extensively yet. Maybe sometime I will make it allow starting from a save point, but for now it is a no. Thanks for the feedback on the game.
Old August 22nd, 2010, 12:40 AM
n0rul3s
Exploring Unova....

Nature: Gentle
Send a message via Yahoo to n0rul3s Send a message via Skype™ to n0rul3s
Sorry but it a little annoying because you put TOO much talk in there....
Old August 22nd, 2010, 06:43 AM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0rul3s View Post
Sorry but it a little annoying because you put TOO much talk in there....
Yeah, I have to admit I did go a little overboard with the dialog in some areas. I just wanted to make sure that no loose ends occurred if I kept it short and to the point. Thanks for the constructive criticism.
Old August 23rd, 2010, 12:29 AM
Mark975
AllStar Spriter

Nature: Brave
ok one thing ive got to say is the first picture aka the part where it says pokemon and has the gengar is amazing no not amazing its epic.!
Old August 23rd, 2010, 05:59 AM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark975 View Post
ok one thing ive got to say is the first picture aka the part where it says pokemon and has the gengar is amazing no not amazing its epic.!
Thanks, I thought it was pretty good too!
Old September 18th, 2010, 09:56 AM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Sorry for not updating for a long time, just to let everyone know that the hack is still underway. As of right now I am redoing tiles for the inside of houses and the lab, and fixing some scripts here and there. Then I can continue work further, thanks to all who support this hack.
Old October 15th, 2010, 06:00 PM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Update time; just expect new updated screen-shots for tomorrow, and maybe an extended video, idk. Thanks for all who support the hack!
Old October 23rd, 2010, 02:53 PM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Finally got around to updating first post with new screen-shots and a new video. Thanks for everyone's support.
Old October 27th, 2010, 10:04 AM
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Love the story, hate the grammar (or lack of it). I actually don't mind Fakemon or lots of dialogue - in fact, I usually can't do without them - but incorrect grammar is one of the things that can kill a hack stone dead for me.

For information about A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short story in video game form, click here.
Old October 27th, 2010, 05:25 PM
6ryan4
"Watch the power of aura!!!"

Nature: Quirky
This hack may only be in its beta stage, but there are so many errors that I can't ignore them. These errors are obvious things that anybody could get annoyed by, but could be easily fixed. Did you even test your own hack?
Old October 27th, 2010, 06:25 PM
aSeRo141414
zZJoennZz inside

Nature: Jolly
Send a message via Yahoo to aSeRo141414 Send a message via Skype™ to aSeRo141414
Nice story, but the graphics needs to work like the title screen and boot
Old November 3rd, 2010, 01:54 PM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by aSeRo141414 View Post
Nice story, but the graphics needs to work like the title screen and boot
Yeah, overall it needs some work, but I will eventually get everything working and looking pretty darn good : )
Old November 13th, 2010, 12:23 AM
PKMN Trainer Alison
I'll follow you into the dark.

Nature: Gentle
Okay I found a terrible bug in your game. (Besides the tree problems that are like... Everywhere )

Spoiler:

Died purposly on first battle, and i ended up here.
When i move around, i find that I'm stuck.
Old November 13th, 2010, 12:32 AM
Spherical Ice

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
^ To fix that glitch, you'll need to set the healing place (using the aptly named sethealingplace command) somewhere before a battle, otherwise the player'll get sent to a glitched Blaine's gym (or that map, anyway). (By the way PKMN Trainer Alison, instead of making your screens super huge and stuff, just go File > Screen Capture..., or F12.) Anyway, I've not actually played this yet, but the screens look rather nice (ignoring the overused ROM Base), except the titlescreen's text has some ugly anti-aliasing (white dots around it) which ruin it's otherwise pretty nice look. Good luck.

Last edited by Spherical Ice; November 13th, 2010 at 12:38 AM.
Old November 20th, 2010, 01:23 AM
Ian Blacky
Beginning Trainer

And the maps, only 2 cities/town?

I have some problem with Alison, so I cheated.
Old November 20th, 2010, 08:54 AM
Quilava's Master
Shattered Dreams '13

Nature: Adamant
I'm sorry. It was my understanding that a beta was going to be released last weekend. I looked in the first post, saw an download and went to town. And here it goes. (I had to use spoilers as the following is long and spoils much of the plot).

Spoiler:
I try not to make graphics that much important to be but this is madness. Tile errors everywhere. Broken behavior bytes (trees), doors that don't exist ( all of the inserted houses) and improperly inserted tiles. I tried to give you the BOTD but that went right out the window when I got my pathetic excuse for a starter (snubull???) and had to fight a random grunt who was struggling to get a Pidgey (which btw used Spearows OW). If that wasn't bad enough the game glitched after battling in the wild grass (Which had a pallete error btw). I managed to fix it without interupting my gameplay too much and went on to the first town. What I don't get is why there were so many unneeded scripts (all of which contained errors). On top of that for no explainable reason I had to go fetch Rarn from a Pokeschool, where I learned nothing since you removed the scripts. Then I go to his gym and tile errors are the first thing that greet me. Not only that I have no idea what type of gym it was. He used a Weedle & Spearow (btw WTF it knew Body Slam??). Then after it was all over he didn't give me my badge until i spoke to him again. Clearly you used trainerbattle 0x0 instead of trainerbattle 0x1 < which is what you use for gym leaders and "boss fights">

I really hope this isn't all you had in store for us. I'm relieved to learn that that was just an alpha and not the beta, thank God. I hope all of the errors were fixed. If you need a beta tester don't hesitate to PM me as I pretty sure I can help.
Old November 24th, 2010, 07:48 PM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Just thought I would give an update, I have decided to make the game into chapters, as chapter 1 has been out for a while now, it is called Prologue. Chapter 2 is coming really soon, named "Trouble?". Thanks for everyone's support.
Old November 27th, 2010, 12:18 PM
carlosvldz
Beginning Trainer

awesome! and about how many chapters r there goin 2 be total?
Old November 27th, 2010, 03:53 PM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosvldz View Post
awesome! and about how many chapters r there goin 2 be total?
Well to be honest, as of now, I don't really know, maybe around 10-12 give or take a few
Old January 1st, 2011, 07:18 PM
Bolens
Soul Hacker

Been a long time for an update, just wanted to let everyone know that it is still being worked on. Right now, I have Fakemon already sprited, and this game will have a Fakemon starter, I have decided it.
Old January 1st, 2011, 07:22 PM
Kalala
Gunsou

Woah, this looks good!
Ima happy to be a pokemon designer.
Sorry i didnt, i forgot about this website D:

Or i could do concept art for the pokemon you've already done.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links