Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Official Forums > Community Feedback and Support
Notices

Community Feedback and Support This is the place for your concerns, praises or help relating to the PokéCommunity. Unsure of how to post a thread (though you should find out pretty quickly)? How do you get a blog? Maybe you don’t like a certain feature. Make a thread here and get responses from your fellow members and staff.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 26th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Equin
Got it memorized?

Nice list, and it's also fresh! It also made clear to me what an Emblem is.

Still, I have some questions. I guess it's rather silly of me to ask, but...
-how exactly can you tell if a member is 'lazy'? (refer to the 'too much effort' emblem)
-how does one 'make' an emblem? do members create some on their own? (refer to the 'emblem artisan' emblem)
-I don't get the drama queen emblem (is it supposed to mean 'troll king' in a way)?

Thanks for your time.
Signature? I have none.
Old November 26th, 2010, 01:09 PM
Sydian
But you're still hungry.

Nature: Timid
Quote:
-how exactly can you tell if a member is 'lazy'? (refer to the 'too much effort' emblem)
-how does one 'make' an emblem? do members create some on their own? (refer to the 'emblem artisan' emblem)
-I don't get the drama queen emblem (is it supposed to mean 'troll king' in a way)?
I don't particularly like the lazy emblem cause it is hard to tell who is and who isn't. I dont' even know how to answer that. I guess it's for challenge owners, group owners, etc. that never update the first post?

They're 80x80 pictures that you can make and you can send them to a staff member and they might bring it up in the emblem suggest list if it's unique enough.

Just people that have a lot of drama that revolves around them. I honestly don't know why some people have it, but oh well. It can mean troll king if the drama revolves around trolling though.

paired to crono
Old November 26th, 2010, 01:25 PM
Zorua
Adventurous One.
Community Supporter

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
I'm sorta lazy to re-type, so I'll just copy-paste what I said in an IM:

Quote:
   Twilight Sky says (4:24 PM):
*The drama queen emblem is for those who cause a lot of commotion, at least commotion that is enough for staff members to notice. Basicallly members who make mountains out of molehills a lot are awarded it.
Quote:
   Twilight Sky    says (4:24 PM):
*It can be both a good or a bad thing, depending on the intention and the person getting it. xD;
Old November 26th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equin View Post
Nice list, and it's also fresh! It also made clear to me what an Emblem is.

The way I saw the emblem is it was for people who always use the 'I'm too lazy to' as an excuse to not do something. Such as updating a first post (like what Syd said), editing their post, changing their signature/avatar/user title, etc. Also having 'I'm too lazy to do such a thing' as part of their answer in an OVP can be part of it as well (ex: "I don't do too much homework, but it's because I'm too lazy to do it half the time" in a homework related question.)

Forever was the one who created the emblem, so the best option would be to ask her about it.
Old November 26th, 2010, 10:02 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Nature: Serious
I have a question.. I believe there's an emblem given to people who start threads and get over 100 replies in that thread.. would threads like if you started a "post your picture" thread or "daily chit chat" thread count for that? Or would it only be random like.. debate/ gaming/ etc threads that would get it?
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Old November 26th, 2010, 10:05 PM
moments.
{quixotic}
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Calm
Well after reading the description for that emblem, it actually states the thread must be in Other Chat. But I'm doubtful those big 'Post a Picture' type threads would count, but I guess a staff member knows better.
twitteryoutubetumblr

Old November 26th, 2010, 10:18 PM
Forever
let it go

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equin View Post
The pre-requisite for getting that emblem is wrong, well, not suited to the original intention.

(You know, I might ask someone to change it to procrastination, since when I first saw the pre-requisite I... wasn't too pleased because I knew it could be taken wrongly D;)

It's meant to be for procrasination (but for lazy people too, just... well, both XD;) It's people that take a while to get around to doing things, when they do intend to do it later, where the signature/avatar thing could be a good example of it. It's not necessarily a bad emblem, like, even Lightning could get the emblem if she hasn't gotten around to updating the claims thread in three months, so. Anddd... being busy with IRL things also comes into it too. Plus the emblem isn't meant to be taken negatively, so yeah. XD; It's really just a joke emblem. XD;

...And adding in what the others have said, too. Really, it was in reference to a club ages ago called the procrastinators club, it was made out to be a joke thing, rather than a negative thing, where in it, people discussed how they procrastinated on certain things and because of that, I figured that it could apply now, too. It's just situation to situation.

And btw, this applies to lazy people too, but... procrastination sounds less offensive? XD; Wow I suck at explaining. :(
I'm paired with and in love with Frizy ♥

Last edited by Forever; November 26th, 2010 at 11:27 PM.
Old November 27th, 2010, 12:57 PM
Equin
Got it memorized?

Cool, thanks for the clarifications so far. Although, I don't get how not updating your avatar/signature/user title would consider someone lazy/procrastinated. For example, I love my avatar and do not want to change it, I'm not procrastinated at all for saying that, right?

Also, here's some more of questioning for you;
-Does the requisite action for 'Varsity Nintendo' emblem have to be general knowledge about past gaming or fan-gathered knowledge? (talk about nitpicks)

-About the 'Super Nubcake' emblem...by 'act mature and knowing', do you mean that the person getting the emblem is not really aware of the site's constants but is just playing experienced?

-Though it may have been intended ("their's" meaning "the staff" or something), I thought you might want to clarify if it really is intended or just a mistake:
Quote:
Emblem: Jumping on the Bandwagon | Requisite: Jump on the bandwagon when their's a collab, etc.
Signature? I have none.
Old November 27th, 2010, 01:03 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

For example, I love my avatar and do not want to change it, I'm not procrastinated at all for saying that, right?
I don't understand the purpose of the lazy emblem and don't know what defines lazy. I do know that if someone ever gave that emblem to me, though, I personally would be rather insulted. To me procrastination doesn't mean someone's lazy. Especially if someone does things all the time around the community.

-Does the requirement for 'Varsity Nintendo' emblem have to be general knowledge about past gaming or fan-gathered knowledge?
I'd go with general knowledge. Fan-gathered knowledge doesn't seem much different, though.

-About the 'Super Nubcake' emblem...by 'act mature and knowing', do you mean that the person getting the emblem is not really aware of the site's constants but is just playing experienced?
Acting like a know-it-all but really being quite ignorant is the impression I get, but since I'm unsure of that, I'll let you take that with a grain of salt.

-Though it may have been intended ("their's" meaning "the staff" or something), I thought you might want to clarify if it really is intended or just a mistake.
It's the wrong form of there. A mistake I made while coding the tables.
Old November 27th, 2010, 01:22 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
For example, I love my avatar and do not want to change it, I'm not procrastinated at all for saying that, right?
I don't understand the purpose of the lazy emblem and don't know what defines lazy. I do know that if someone ever gave that emblem to me, though, I personally would be rather insulted. To me procrastination doesn't mean someone's lazy. Especially if someone does things all the time around the community.

-Does the requirement for 'Varsity Nintendo' emblem have to be general knowledge about past gaming or fan-gathered knowledge?
I'd go with general knowledge. Fan-gathered knowledge doesn't seem much different, though.

Acting like a know-it-all but really being quite ignorant is the impression I get, but since I'm unsure of that, I'll let you take that with a grain of salt.

-Though it may have been intended ("their's" meaning "the staff" or something), I thought you might want to clarify if it really is intended or just a mistake.
It's the wrong form of there. A mistake I made while coding the tables.
Informative, but mind answering my question while you're at it, too?
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Old November 27th, 2010, 01:34 PM
aguinn99
Im a firin mah lazor

Nature: Bold
this was helpful.one question though:for the nonsense and miscellaneous emblems,you get a private message from a moderator if you qualify for one of those emblems,right?
Old November 27th, 2010, 01:38 PM
Sora
The Keyblade Pokémon

Not at all. There's a difference between liking your avatar and keeping it because of so, and saying that you want to change your avatar but you're too lazy to or 'procrastinating.'

Perhaps to solve this problem, we make it so it's either or, because 'Too much Effort' doesn't sound... like procrastination? It sounds more along the lines of 'it's too much effort because I'm feeling lazy', or something along the lines. Also, to some people, being procrastinate comes from being lazy (I know my procrastination does), while for some others it's not. So... instead of just 'Be lazy' for the requirements, have it be 'Be Lazy, or be known to procrastinate around the forums'?

--

When you get an Emblem, you get a PM saying that you got the emblem.
Old November 27th, 2010, 04:33 PM
Patchisou Yutohru
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
I have a question.. I believe there's an emblem given to people who start threads and get over 100 replies in that thread.. would threads like if you started a "post your picture" thread or "daily chit chat" thread count for that? Or would it only be random like.. debate/ gaming/ etc threads that would get it?
If it's not on the list, it's not a community emblem and only applies to a specific forum. I would imagine any type of thread that has a type of discussion is included in the qualifications for the emblem.
Old November 27th, 2010, 06:15 PM
Stratos99
Booted out - don't be like me!

Nature: Hasty
Quote:
-About the 'Super Nubcake' emblem...by 'act mature and knowing', do you mean that the person getting the emblem is not really aware of the site's constants but is just playing experienced?Acting like a know-it-all but really being quite ignorant is the impression I get, but since I'm unsure of that, I'll let you take that with a grain of salt.
Oh wow, that seems pretty rude either way. I don't try to come off like that.

If that is what it means can I have it removed? Thanks. :(

Last edited by Stratos99; November 27th, 2010 at 06:21 PM.
Old November 27th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Super Nubcake isn't actually a negative emblem. It's purpose is to be given to fairly, new members who aren't completely noob around the forums. As in, while at some moments they are noobish, they actually aren't a bad member. They're relatively good members, with good intent, but don't know everything there is to know about the forums, but at some moments feel that they might, whether wrong or right. So, when you look at it, it isn't a bad emblem to have.

In a way, I see it as half a step towards the Level-Up emblem.
Old November 27th, 2010, 06:40 PM
Kura
twitter.com/kuraberrym

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patchisou Yutohru View Post
If it's not on the list, it's not a community emblem and only applies to a specific forum. I would imagine any type of thread that has a type of discussion is included in the qualifications for the emblem.
Well.. then I have that @_@ Would that mean I'm entitled to the thread? Or because it's not request-able I wouldn't be able to get it even if I have the requisite for it?
So.. since I made a DailyChitChat thread that got over 1000 posts I DO indeed have the requisite for that emblem? How would that work? Did it have to be after a certain date?
~Yuugiou Fan~
~Kamen Rider Fan~
♡(´・ω・`)LOVE! ☆
Old November 27th, 2010, 06:42 PM
Ninja Caterpie
Sitting by the back window

Is it bad that I look at that list and think "why do I not have that lazy/procrastinator emblem, w/e it's called yet?" ehehe...

Anyway, a simple question. What happens when you request the NONONONONO emblem?
Brony represent.
Old November 27th, 2010, 06:51 PM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kura View Post
Well.. then I have that @_@ Would that mean I'm entitled to the thread? Or because it's not request-able I wouldn't be able to get it even if I have the requisite for it?
So.. since I made a DailyChitChat thread that got over 1000 posts I DO indeed have the requisite for that emblem? How would that work? Did it have to be after a certain date?
Threads in Other Chat such as the DCC or "Post Your Picture" I wouldn't count towards getting the 100 Replies emblem. Basically, because they're usually made by the staff member looking over that forum, and it's known that they'll receive over 100 replies. That emblem was designed to be handed out to members who create discussions threads on a certain topic and it earns over 100 replies through effort. If you've done so in the past though, then I wouldn't mind handing out that emblem seeing you fit the requisite with your own OC discussion topic/thread.

@ Ninja Caterpie, if you request the NONONO Emblem nothing happens. :P
Old November 30th, 2010, 04:16 PM
aRedMoon
Wait for me outside the lines
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aRedMoon Send a message via Skype™ to aRedMoon
I am making myself known for I feel as though I earned these.

Like 5 years ago, but still.

I should also get the "I asked to be Modded" but instead make it Remodded.

Emblem: Drama Queen
I manned those Elections. That alone gives me this.

Emblem: Gender Bender
This, I believe, was done with Andrea. We did this for like 2-3 months, right? :3

Emblem: Post it!
I made 6,000 posts in the summer of my modliness. Most in the mod lounge with JA, but still.

Emblem: Committed
Me and JA have been Webbieshipping for about 5 years. We deserve this.

And now I shall disappear into my webbies section that is DEAD BECAUSE YOU BURIED IT-- doing fine. We should get some emblems tho!

And yes, I know we can't request these things. I doeth not care though, since I did put one that is requestable.
facebook \\ twitter \\ blog a.k.a life // tumblr // google+

june 10, 2003 = registered at old pc
march 24, 2004 = registered at new pc
june, 2004 = modded ;;; august, 2004 = quit/fired (point of debate)
december, 2004 = banned ;;; december 2, 2005 = unbanned
june 10, 2008 = omg... five years!
june 10, 2012 = countdown to nine years on pc...
Old December 2nd, 2010, 07:24 PM
.Aero
Tell Me I'm A Screwed Up Mess
Community Supporter

Ermmm...could I get my PC Veteran emblem now. :3 Thanks. ;D
WORTH
Old December 2nd, 2010, 09:42 PM
Shanghai Alice
Exiled to Siberia

Nature: Rash
If I asked if I qualified, would that pretty much totally kill my chances?

Mind games, so cruel, aru~

"I don't find my name tasteful next to Shanghai Alice."
-STRATOS99
Old December 3rd, 2010, 07:20 AM
Guy
just a guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by aRedMoon View Post

Emblem: Post it!
I made 6,000 posts in the summer of my modliness. Most in the mod lounge with JA, but still.

Emblem: Committed
Me and JA have been Webbieshipping for about 5 years. We deserve this.
Two in the quote I can hand out seeing as you've met the requirements. I wasn't around when you were a mod on PC or running in the forest with Andrea, so I really have no idea if you deserve the others or not, but maybe another staff who did know you more can! :] As for the mod one, I can give you ex-staff emblem.

Quote:
Originally Posted by .Aero View Post
Ermmm...could I get my PC Veteran emblem now. :3 Thanks. ;D
Sure thing, pal! Congratulations for sticking around so long.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shanghai Alice View Post
If I asked if I qualified, would that pretty much totally kill my chances?

Mind games, so cruel, aru~
What emblem do you think you are qualified for? Perhaps we can look into it and see.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 07:39 AM
aRedMoon
Wait for me outside the lines
Community Supporter Tier 3

Nature: Naive
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to aRedMoon Send a message via Skype™ to aRedMoon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post
running in the forest with Andrea
LOL.

I dunno if Andy would even remember those months that we genderbendered. It was fun though :D

Man was that a long time ago. I'm amazed I even remember.
facebook \\ twitter \\ blog a.k.a life // tumblr // google+

june 10, 2003 = registered at old pc
march 24, 2004 = registered at new pc
june, 2004 = modded ;;; august, 2004 = quit/fired (point of debate)
december, 2004 = banned ;;; december 2, 2005 = unbanned
june 10, 2008 = omg... five years!
june 10, 2012 = countdown to nine years on pc...
Old December 3rd, 2010, 06:16 PM
MysticFlames
~Fedoras~

Nature: Quirky
So... would I be qualified for the Veteran's emblem even though I've just returned to the forums after 5 years of inactivity? XD
Pokemon: Pink Jelly // Deviantart // YouTube // Sprites

[Tools for lazy hackers] Flight Spot Editor // pkEditor - A Script Generator
(Warning: May be loud...) // Consolation Prizes by Phoenix
Old December 3rd, 2010, 06:33 PM
Angelroid
Mud Attack!

Could i get the PC veteran emblem.

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Sponsored Links