The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Advertise here

View Poll Results: What makes this hack worth playing?
The Mapping. 114 24.84%
The Scripts. 91 19.83%
The Story. 236 51.42%
The Challenge. 123 26.80%
Boredom O_O 146 31.81%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 459. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 28th, 2010, 11:46 AM
psychicboy
Hacking is all that matters...

Nature: Hasty

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by garg_priyansh View Post
Theres a BIG BUG IN THIS GAME...
The bug is that when you talk to that old lady in the dream first time
I answered her 'Yes' to change my destiny.
Then she says to follow her
i go back again to check the rain but when i return she is again standing there asking me to pick one of the three starters.I cant get past her at all.Help
Restart and don't check the rain this time. I guess I should fix that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quilava's Master View Post
That PC glitch is pretty big, I mean collecting an arsenal of pokemon is definitely part of the pokemon tradition. That coupled with the wave of bugs and glitches I would advise youu to start fresh. I mean it realy shouldnt be hard tp just import all of your maps, and copy your scripts over. Having such a major bug and doing nothing about it is definitiely ruining what could be a good hack.
Believe me, I've tried doing that but the bug continues to exist when I copy the maps/scripts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowDragon3812 View Post
Just started playing this hack today, and i found a bug. One of the fisherman in Clarity Town, the one on the right, Duncan I believe his name is, is a glitched double battle. he sends out his Goldeen, along with a question mark. The question mark can't be attakced, doesn't attack, and doesn't really do anything except float there. it is even present when duncan comes out to give his losing speech.

EDIT-also, is there anyway to properly exit the trainer house place in the city with the 1st gym? it keeps leading me into the cable link battle room. If i faint inside do i exit properly?

If this happens to be mentioned already. sorry to be a time waster.
Something that happens when you are lazy. I will release a new patch to fix this and many of the other bugs in the hack.

Wanna play my hack? Check it out here!

My sig was "too big brah", so I shortened it.
Old November 28th, 2010, 11:55 AM
ShadowDragon3812
Beginning Trainer

Thanks for taking my notes into consideration also, for anyone wondering, until the patch is released, fainting inside the trainer house lets you exit normally.

Edit-sorry to bombard you with bugs, but fisherman matt on route 2 has a glitched double battle. his wooper is basically duplicated, but the battle ends after you defeat one.

Old November 28th, 2010, 02:42 PM
psychicboy

Quote:
Thanks for taking my notes into consideration also, for anyone wondering, until the patch is released, fainting inside the trainer house lets you exit normally.

Edit-sorry to bombard you with bugs, but fisherman matt on route 2 has a glitched double battle. his wooper is basically duplicated, but the battle ends after you defeat one.
Bug reports are a good thing, fear not.

Old November 28th, 2010, 03:18 PM
ShadowDragon3812
Beginning Trainer

Another thing is, how do i get rid of the team Calypso guy in front of the hideout? I battled him, left to heal, came back, and now he won't move. All he says is '...'

I know it's been mentioned, but i need to know how to fix it so i can move on.

Sorry to be a bother.

Old November 28th, 2010, 08:50 PM
psychicboy

Quote:
Another thing is, how do i get rid of the team Calypso guy in front of the hideout? I battled him, left to heal, came back, and now he won't move. All he says is '...'

I know it's been mentioned, but i need to know how to fix it so i can move on.

Sorry to be a bother.
Uhm.. Thats really unintentional. Did you already save?

Old November 29th, 2010, 04:24 AM
ShadowDragon3812
Beginning Trainer

Yeah I did. Do i need to start over and just enter the base right after beating him?

Old November 29th, 2010, 06:45 AM
burger29
Beginning Trainer

i got that too, but i just used a cheat(dont like to use these often) to get passed that bug

Old November 29th, 2010, 07:01 AM
psychicboy

Quote:
Yeah I did. Do i need to start over and just enter the base right after beating him?
No, do as the poster after you did and use the walk through walls code. I know this is an annoyance, but I will fix it for future players.

Old November 29th, 2010, 07:55 AM
ShadowDragon3812
Beginning Trainer

Ran into this weird movement glitch in Gemburst cave, no i didn't have walk through walls on.

Old November 29th, 2010, 08:01 AM
Ooka
<3
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
Send a message via Skype™ to Ooka
It seems to me like a large number of your bugs are coming from you overwriting already used space in your game. The only way you can fix that is either finding every bit of used data you've overwritten and replace it with the original (Basically impossible), or my suggestion, you should rethink what you've done with the hack and start from scratch implementing the ideas you've gotten good feedback from in this thread or ideas that have been suggested to you. Again just my suggestion, but it wouldn't be a bad decision for you, especially since it's seems you've already overwritten crucial data for your game to work completely right.

P.S. If you actually put some time into this hack it might end up being a quality play, but all the parts that could have easily been fixed such as missing movements and warps going wrong places have been neglected due to a hurried pace. Just take your time and work on it, for the sake of the people that actually enjoy it but have to deal with all the bugs and glitches.
Old November 29th, 2010, 10:28 AM
psychicboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooka View Post
It seems to me like a large number of your bugs are coming from you overwriting already used space in your game. The only way you can fix that is either finding every bit of used data you've overwritten and replace it with the original (Basically impossible), or my suggestion, you should rethink what you've done with the hack and start from scratch implementing the ideas you've gotten good feedback from in this thread or ideas that have been suggested to you. Again just my suggestion, but it wouldn't be a bad decision for you, especially since it's seems you've already overwritten crucial data for your game to work completely right.

P.S. If you actually put some time into this hack it might end up being a quality play, but all the parts that could have easily been fixed such as missing movements and warps going wrong places have been neglected due to a hurried pace. Just take your time and work on it, for the sake of the people that actually enjoy it but have to deal with all the bugs and glitches.
You know what, I just thought about this thoroughly. I guess it would take more time, bit in the long run I guess this is the best thing to do... I started this hack as a budding hacker and continued from there meaning that in the beginning of the hack it might seem as if a kid wrote it but the hack matures over time.

So I guess the best step to take for the benefit of this hack and everyone who plays it is to simply- Start afresh. I will use JPans patch on a clean FireRed rom and start to rebuild what I have. If I work diligently, I'm assuming there will be a completely new patch waiting for you guys to play. Mythic Legends finally bug free and revamped mentally.

~Thanks.

Old November 29th, 2010, 01:31 PM
ShadowDragon3812
Beginning Trainer

Hope all goes well.

Also, a suggestion for the future version: for the milotic event, i think it would be a good idea to let the player go up to it and select to fight it instead of going in right after the rival fight. this is just a suggestion;you don't need to take it.

Old November 29th, 2010, 03:22 PM
zak
xpert trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to zak
Tried to play through it but it kept freezing at random points, its a great hack so far, good maps good scripting and very origional just too buggy =[
Old November 29th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Tomackze
Drowzee

Cheers! Hope everything goes well with this hack and am glad you decided to start over so people will finally stop criticizing you for an amazing hack.

You have the necessary pieces in here, don't give up
Old November 30th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Darkest Shade of Light
Pokémon Midnight Sun

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicboy View Post
You know what, I just thought about this thoroughly. I guess it would take more time, bit in the long run I guess this is the best thing to do... I started this hack as a budding hacker and continued from there meaning that in the beginning of the hack it might seem as if a kid wrote it but the hack matures over time.

So I guess the best step to take for the benefit of this hack and everyone who plays it is to simply- Start afresh. I will use JPans patch on a clean FireRed rom and start to rebuild what I have. If I work diligently, I'm assuming there will be a completely new patch waiting for you guys to play. Mythic Legends finally bug free and revamped mentally.

~Thanks.
This seems like a good idea. Sorry for more of my absences, my life is finally stable, so I will be able to help now (with the right resources of course). I wish you good luck and good help in making this hack
Old November 30th, 2010, 07:51 PM
psychicboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Shade of Light View Post
This seems like a good idea. Sorry for more of my absences, my life is finally stable, so I will be able to help now (with the right resources of course). I wish you good luck and good help in making this hack
Glad to know that you will be able to help me

Old December 2nd, 2010, 08:22 PM
Drake(Elite Four)
Elite Four

Nature: Naughty
Hey psychicboy if you think this sounds cool to add into the hack is like all of the gym leaders vs all of the Calypso members and you vs the leader. This would be really cool if it was in the game.

Pokemon Mythic Legends has the best Storyline ever!
Elite Four Drake
Strategy
Harness strong abilities.
Trainer's Pokémon
The raw power of Dragons!
Self-Introduction
I live to battle every day to learn about Pokémon
Old December 16th, 2010, 06:49 PM
Darkest Shade of Light
Pokémon Midnight Sun

Uhm, well, I made this, I'm not exactly pleased with it, but I don't like choosing between the three. Is this an acceptable userbar?

I was hoping you'd let me use this, so, may I? I'll prolly animate it later...
Old December 17th, 2010, 05:11 AM
psychicboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkest Shade of Light View Post
Uhm, well, I made this, I'm not exactly pleased with it, but I don't like choosing between the three. Is this an acceptable userbar?

I was hoping you'd let me use this, so, may I? I'll prolly animate it later...
Of course I'll put it on the first post if you want me to.

Old December 17th, 2010, 08:47 AM
Darkest Shade of Light
Pokémon Midnight Sun

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychicboy View Post
Of course I'll put it on the first post if you want me to.
I don't mind. I just got my computer taken away, so I may not be able to help for a while, I'm typing this at my brothers house. I'll add an animated version after a while, and may make a few more. Btw, I'll be using the bar
Old December 24th, 2010, 08:50 PM
Katsura
Beginning Trainer

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the training center for the first gym town is impossible to leave and if you try to go in the basement area after you pay you get stuck and the game freezes.
Old December 25th, 2010, 08:36 AM
psychicboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsura View Post
Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the training center for the first gym town is impossible to leave and if you try to go in the basement area after you pay you get stuck and the game freezes.
Yeah.. Sorry about that. There is a temp fix. Lose after you've beaten everyone but the guy with the eevee forms.

Old December 28th, 2010, 08:39 AM
betterthanyouatspriting
Beginning Trainer

Sorry to be retarded but what emulator should I play this on?
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it whotuit a pboerlm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Azanmig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt!
fi yuo cna raed tihs, palce it in yuor siantugre.
Old December 28th, 2010, 12:22 PM
psychicboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by betterthanyouatspriting View Post
Sorry to be retarded but what emulator should I play this on?
A lack of knowledge in something isn't retarded :o

But you can use either the No$GBA or the Visual Boy Advance(VBA) Both run at 100% speed and can fullscreen.

Old December 30th, 2010, 12:43 AM
mkc90
Togepi

Hi i would lile to ry ur hack but Are you updating soon?
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here