Community

The PokéCommunity

We are still working on a better slogan!

Visit Index

Advertise here

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Fan Fiction and Writing > Writer's Lounge
Notices

Writer's Lounge Need advice? Want to give advice? Come on in and share ideas with your fellow writers. Just remember, all fics go in the main forum.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 11th, 2010, 11:57 AM
Astinus
Remember NovEnder

Tournaments Joined: 0
Tournaments Won: 0

Advertise here
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonite149 View Post
NaNoWriMo isn't updating my word count! I have 914 words, but it says I have 877! What is wrong with it!?!?
Ignore my question, it's working again!
Nano's site tends to run slow most of the time, with people constantly updating, using the forums, or whatever other features they have on the site. So if it's slow, that's why.

I'm glad to see everyone doing so well. Especially for November, which I know can be busy.
Old November 12th, 2010, 11:16 PM
Mario The World Champion
Slice through the evil, Gundam
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
I'm past the 25k mark. Actually, I'm past the 26k mark right now. And I still got half the month left. I might beat my own record of November 25th.

Banner made by Angela || Pair: Lucy
Friends: Lucy, Angela, Jen, Sammi-san, Jeremy the Sweetie, Signomi
Fanfiction.net page || DeviantART Page || Twitter || NaNoWriMo Page

Ash Ketchum: Formula One Driver
The Pokemon Tower's Best In Category Crossover Award Winner October 2005
3DS Friend Code: 0232-8258-5085
Friend Safari: - Meditite, Pancham, Riolu
Shiny Value: 1672
Old November 16th, 2010, 08:24 AM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
I don't know if I can pull this off.... I've been stuck at 6,000 words for almost two weeks now. I have all but lost interest in my idea.
Doesn't help that my sister's laptop (Which is my only means for internet) keeps eating MSN...
I don't think I'm cut out for this. I'll accept help from those of you who are better than me, (Which look's to be 100% of you) but I don't know what to do myself.
-sigh-
Good luck to the rest of you, but I think I might have no choice but to tap out now.
Old November 19th, 2010, 08:02 PM
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
I AM HERE.

I LIVE.

AND I AM DOING NANOturnoffcapslockjeezWriMo. You can find me at Misheard_Whisper, as well as here on the YWP (only 15, bubs!). The best part of the YWP is being able to set your own word goal. Most use it to lower the goal because 50k is a bit much for most school-age students, but I'm being a moron and raising it instead. XD 120k, here we come! (and yes, I know it only says 90k. 120k is my mental goal.)

And maaaaayun, is November ever busy. Ugh. I have ten exams throughout the month. TEN. I've had seven of them, so most of the pressure's off, but I still have to juggle NaNo with studying for the one exam that I still actually need to study for. Bleh.

/me is considering pulling an all-nighter tonight, just for the hell of it.
Old November 30th, 2010, 03:42 PM
JX Valentine
Your aquatic overlord

Nature: Bold
Send a message via AIM to JX Valentine Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to JX Valentine
It's the last day of NaNo, guys! How'd everyone do?

Myself? Hit 50k, so I'm now basking in the glory that is how much crap and filler my novel became over a period of four weeks. b)'')b
Professional ninja. May or may not actually be back. Here for the snark and banter at most.

Need some light reading?
Anima Ex Machina (Chapter 20 now available)
The Leaf Green Incident (SWC 2012 winner)
Braid (Creepypasta apparently)
Domain | Dreamwidth | Twitter
Old November 30th, 2010, 03:54 PM
Kirozane
Frolic and fun~
Community Supporter

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Kirozane Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Kirozane Send a message via Skype™ to Kirozane
Quote:
Originally Posted by JX Valentine View Post
It's the last day of NaNo, guys! How'd everyone do?

Myself? Hit 50k, so I'm now basking in the glory that is how much crap and filler my novel became over a period of four weeks. b)'')b
I did so terribly.
I was stricken with writer's block so often that I never breached 7k on my word count.
It also didn't help that I had another "hot" idea (That after almost 4 months barely breached 20k on words) brewing that my mind kept returning to.
/sigh
I really don't believe I was cut out for this stuff. :c

I congratulate you for finishing however, and the rest of you as well. I can bank on the fact that you all did far better than I.
Old November 30th, 2010, 03:59 PM
D. Lawride
Audi Famam Illius, Scriptor!

I did pretty well for my first year at it, considering I reached the 50005 words! xD

Now for the month-long of cleaning up and reviewing the novel; I might add an epilogue. Depends on what I can come up with. xD
Old November 30th, 2010, 05:29 PM
Zeta Patchouli
The Unconscious Wanderer
Community Supporter

I couldn't even do it. This month was just filled with so much pure CRAP that I couldn't really write until this week. And that just sucks, since I wanted to do this.

But congratulations on those who were able to make it.
Old December 1st, 2010, 01:19 PM
Misheard Whisper
#1 Yancy fan
Community Supporter

Send a message via Skype™ to Misheard Whisper
I finished! My wordcount total was 127,649 across one and a half novels. Or, more accurately, across one novel and a tiny smidgeon of an epic-length comedy fanfiction that I expect to stretch for a couple of hundred thousand words at least. :/

Last edited by Misheard Whisper; December 1st, 2010 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Typo durr
Old December 1st, 2010, 04:39 PM
Mario The World Champion
Slice through the evil, Gundam
Community Supporter

I'm now 3 for 3 in NaNoWriMo. I finished on the 23rd with around 54k words by the time it was to validate.

Now to slap that new winner's badge in my sig!

Banner made by Angela || Pair: Lucy
Friends: Lucy, Angela, Jen, Sammi-san, Jeremy the Sweetie, Signomi
Fanfiction.net page || DeviantART Page || Twitter || NaNoWriMo Page

Ash Ketchum: Formula One Driver
The Pokemon Tower's Best In Category Crossover Award Winner October 2005
3DS Friend Code: 0232-8258-5085
Friend Safari: - Meditite, Pancham, Riolu
Shiny Value: 1672
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here