The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old November 6th, 2010, 04:12 AM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
KennyXDawn...... Discuss!

Also, don't forget the Pokemon Ranger marathon later today. Starts at noon/11:00AM!

Last edited by Blue_Drifblim; November 6th, 2010 at 04:21 AM.
Old November 6th, 2010, 04:37 AM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

Jasmine has a different voice. It was expected but I'm still kind of sad. And Jasmine lost to Flint but that was expected. Other than that there was nothing really interesting in this episode.

e: CARTOON NETWORK 1.8/9 Avg. (7a-1p)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 1.1/15; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.4/12; Pokemon: DP Sinnoh League 1.8/12; Sym-Bionic Titan 1.7/9; Generator Rex 2.0/9; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.9/8; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 1.7/6; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 1.9/8; Hole in the Wall 2.3/9; Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. 2.0/8; Pokemon: Battle Frontier 1.9/8; Pokemon: DP Battle Dimensions 1.8/8

Last edited by Vernikova; November 16th, 2010 at 05:41 PM.
Old November 6th, 2010, 07:20 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
I can't put my finger on it, but after this episode, I get this weird thought that Flint reminds me so much of BeachBoy. @_@

I found it comedic that Dawn noted Kenny to look handsome after his win against Ash. I found it pretty selfish of him to want Dawn to travel with him after beating Ash though. I get that he likes her and all, but the choice seemed like too much of a push.

Well Kenny, your time was fun on the show. :] See ya next time!
Old November 6th, 2010, 01:59 PM
Godot17
The Skeptical Scepter
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Serious
If I still felt strongly for Pearlshipping, that PS would have have been a stab on the foot...

>__> besides that, I felt the episode very funny. I can't speak out specific moments, but it's just my view of Kenny's desperateness that made it funny. Not saying it might be to other people. But also a good lol at Brock's love speech.

Guy 1 gets jealous of Guy 2 for Girl 1. Girl 1 thinks Guy 1 was handsome one moment, but rejects him for Guy 2 which she may or may not like? It's like a plot to those Mexican Novelas on High school girls. Epic proportions for Pokemon.
Old November 6th, 2010, 03:55 PM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
Quite the interesting episode.

So we meet Jasmine of Olivine, Kenny and Flint of the Elite 4. I was surprised at seeing Jasmine there. I play SoulSilver and I always expect that she would have a shy personality and a quiet voice. Oh well.

Good battle between Steelix and Infernape. I do like Flint's style, but I don't think it will work all the time.

Good battle between Buizel and Empoleon. It's too bad that Ash got overconfident...when will he ever learn...

I think Dawn has a thing for Kenny.

And what is Dawn going to do after the Sinnoh League is over and done with?

So let's see, Kenny is going to train some more for the next Grand Festival, Flint is going to challenge Cynthia (that's going to be interesting), Jasmine is going back to Olivine City tougher than before and Dawn is going to cheer Ash on in the Sinnoh League. Hmm...

Looking forward to the Sinnoh League!

8/10

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old November 6th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Vernikova
Booted out - don't be like me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerainisthajam
I was surprised at seeing Jasmine there. I play SoulSilver and I always expect that she would have a shy personality and a quiet voice. Oh well.
She was like that in her debut episode too and it's something that I'm glad they kept. I'm kind of upset that there was no mention of Janina but whatever. It was nice to see a flashback of Ash and Jasmine. The updated animation made it weird at first though.
Old November 7th, 2010, 03:16 PM
joacen
Starter Pokemon: Oshawott

Quite an interesting episode. I felt Kenny was a bit pushy as well, telling Dawn "if I beat Ash, will you come on a journey with me? Will you????" I was kind of taken by surprise, since he just expressed his feelings all at once. Oh, and did his voice change again? When he returned for the Grand Festival, his voice sounded different, and then in this episode, it changed again.

I honestly thought (and was hoping) that Dawn was going to go with Kenny judging by the way she was acting. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to see her cheer on Ash in the Sinnoh League.

So, the Sinnoh saga is coming to its final days. Can't wait to see what will happen next.

John, Paul, George, and Ringo: The Fab Four
Old November 7th, 2010, 04:46 PM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
There was a lot of stuff going on in this episode. Jasmine (and Flint!) returning was a great surprise. A thing I like about DP is that they show the game characters often. Makes 'em feel more important.

Also, I liked Dawn's "handsome" line. Not quite sure why.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Masquerainisthejam
And what is Dawn going to do after the Sinnoh League is over and done with?

I'd like to think that she'll take Kenny up on his offer and travel with him.
Old November 10th, 2010, 07:32 PM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue_Drifblim View Post

I'd like to think that she'll take Kenny up on his offer and travel with him.
Who knows? There could be some romance involved! :D

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old November 11th, 2010, 12:10 AM
fenyx4
X does Y WITH AUTHORITY!

Nature: Timid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joacen View Post
Quite an interesting episode. I felt Kenny was a bit pushy as well, telling Dawn "if I beat Ash, will you come on a journey with me? Will you????" I was kind of taken by surprise, since he just expressed his feelings all at once. Oh, and did his voice change again? When he returned for the Grand Festival, his voice sounded different, and then in this episode, it changed again.

I honestly thought (and was hoping) that Dawn was going to go with Kenny judging by the way she was acting. Unfortunately, I'm going to have to see her cheer on Ash in the Sinnoh League.

So, the Sinnoh saga is coming to its final days. Can't wait to see what will happen next.
Is that really the title? I like how it was derived from Robert Frost's phrase "Two roads diverged in a yellow wood", though I figure it could be better if the last word played around with the word "Wood" somehow... But "Pokemon Port" inserted in there like that just seems a bit too...strange. :\

I haven't actually watched the ep, so I can't provide many comments. But I agree, the way Kenny sort of "demanded" Dawn to journey with him should he beat Ash (based on information I've read) is being a bit pushy... Anyway, I prefer Dawn to continue traveling with Ash and Brock, as they seem to have established a nice friendship. Although, I'm more in favor of PokeShipping (Ash x Misty) and FortuneShipping (Lucas x Dawn; where the heck is the "Fortune" prefix from? The "precious" nature of diamonds, pearls, and platinum?) myself, so I'm not exactly a fan of Kenny x Dawn. Though Dawn touring Contests with Zoey and Kenny post-Sinnoh saga wouldn't be that bad as a trip... (on a side-note, I just found out there are actually Shippings between regional PokeDexes that exist. XD :cer_laugh

Also, yay for Jasmine appearing again! :cer_boogie: I haven't actually played GSC or HGSS yet, and I faintly recall her debut episode, but I'm gradually liking her more and more. Not to mention her new updated appearance in the anime looks amazing... :cer_love:

Spoiler:
Old December 5th, 2010, 12:00 PM
Jorah
What do I put here?

I enjoyed this episode, but Kenny randomly wanting Dawn to come on a journey with him was really awkward.

- Those moving paths remind me of the 7th movie
- -_- Missing ferries, getting held up, reminds me of Johto XD
- Whoa, Kenny sounds weirder and weirder everytime he's on screen
- Jasmine
- She looks anorexic o.o
- Urghhh, I forget how annoying TR are in DP >_<
- Ha, OK, Jasmine vs Flint should be interesting
- Kenny wasn't even looking at Dawn when she called him out o.o
- "I had to tell you how I feel" hmmm
- Ash! I challenged you to a battle!" omg, his voice and acting are awful
- Dawn doesn't even care about this battle with Kenny
- Aww, Kenny is listening into Dawn talking about Ash
- The Secret of Love - Brock keeps getting his heart broken. ...Was that much of a secret o.o
- Ahh, so you do have to win the league to become Elite Four, at least...
- OK, so Ash loses a battle to epic grand festival loser Kenny this close to the Sinnoh league
- Dawn doesn't even care about what Kenny said, how awkward.
- Why would Dawn come with you, Kenny??
- She couldn't even be bothered to tell him face to face o.o
-

Music kept: (6)

TR Sneaking theme
TR Sinnoh Motto theme
Satoshi's Battle Decision
DPPt Wild Pokemon Battle
GSC Rival Battle
Music when Dawn waves to Kenny on the boat
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links