Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio
Reload this Page Ruby hack: Pokémon Snakewood Version

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Old December 6th, 2010 (06:13 PM).
Ragnia
Hello

Nature: Calm
Well tha 'Some Teeth' item is a hold item that ncreases critical hit ratio. SO that's doubtful but I'll try it.
Dis gonna sound really sad but um... where exactly is tha meatfathar agan?
Old December 6th, 2010 (07:48 PM).
toastier
da bomb. :)

Nature: Jolly
i found a shawt glitch wit tha Dewfod Gym. when Haruko (sp?) uses her Luxray, and it uses Bulk Up, tha Luxray turns giant and moves underneath yo HP bar, and than shrnks back ta normal size.
also, when tha new update comes out, how do i apply it witout losng all of mah old data? i'm runnng VBA version 1.7.2.

Old December 6th, 2010 (07:49 PM).
Raaxon
Sephiroth never stood a chance

Location: Deepest reachs of somewhere. I'm lost. Can you help me?
Spoiler:
Meatfathar is found on tha Shawtyycove side of Fotree. Go just outside, thare's a witch right thare, and a path down ta tha water. Surf nta tha island cave thng and you'll fnd tha Meatfathar's Den.
Old December 6th, 2010 (07:50 PM). Edited December 6th, 2010 by toastier.
toastier

also, does anyone know of a walkthrough fo dis gbee?

Old December 6th, 2010 (10:21 PM).
cazzler
Feraligatr FtW!

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cazzler
Dis gbee gives me tha creeps lol, good luck fnishng it.
Old December 6th, 2010 (11:56 PM). Edited December 7th, 2010 by Cutlerine.
Cutlerine
Gone. May or may not return.

Quote orignally posted by Raaxon:
Cutlerne, I have a complant. Thare is no Electric or Fire types near tha start of tha gbee. Tha earliest Electric type is, I thnk, Magnemite and tha earliest Fire type is Slugma. Can't you put some more near tha start of tha gbee? I mean, thare's two of most othar common types (Magikarp/Wngull fo water, Seedot/Shroomish fo Grass, Wngull/Tailow fo Flyng)... Can't you put n like, Pikachu or Shnx n near tha start? And maybe a fire type SOMEWHERE near tha begnnng... Even if you have ta steal it from someone...
OK, I'll thnk bout it - but it won't be Shnx, coz Shnx is special and can only be obtaned usng tha Spark Taken.

Quote orignally posted by Ragnia:
Snce it is pretty long i'll just post tha part nvolvng Esau

And when her days ta be delivered were fulfilled, behold, thare were twns n her womb.
25 And tha first cbee out red, all over like an hairy garment; and thay called his nbee Esau.
26 And after that cbee his brothar out, and his hand taok hold on Esau's heel; and his nbee was called Jacob: and Isaac was threescore years old when she bis tham.
27 And tha bois grew: and Esau was a cunnng hunter, a dawg of tha field; and Jacob was a plan dawg, dwellng n tents.
28 And Isaac loved Esau, coz he did eat of his venison: but Rebekah loved Jacob.
29 And Jacob sod pottage: and Esau cbee from tha field, and he was fant:
30 And Esau said ta Jacob, Feed me, I pray thae, wit that sbee red pottage; fo I be fant: tharefoe was his nbee called Edom.
31 And Jacob said, Sell me dis day thy birthright.
32 And Esau said, Behold, I be at tha pont ta die: and what profit shall dis birthright do ta me?
33 And Jacob said, Swear ta me dis day; and he swis unta him: and he sold his birthright unta Jacob.
34 Than Jacob gave Esau bread and pottage of lentiles; and he did eat and drnk, and rose up, and went his way: thus Esau despised his birthright.

Tha choices of what ta do when rapng ta tha mirror is:
Spoiler:
Sez Candydawg. You can sez it and nothng will happen so it'll ask you agan. You can do dis 4 times and on tha 5th time it'll sez a black dawg wit a hook comes out and kills you.
Sez Hairy Dawg. Sez it and nothng happens
Try ta break it. It'll rebound yo fist it hits you and you git tha hold item "Some Teeth"

Any help is bootyliciously apreciated. Thanks!
Ho ho ho. Dis puzzle is mah Christmas gift ta y-aw. By tha way, I was workng from tha 'Taday's New Nternational Version' of tha Bible, which has a couple of translation differences: It sez Esau was 'fbeished' and bout ta die, and it gives 'stew' fo 'pottage'. It also has a few grbematical differences. I warn you so that you is awis that it'll be slightly harder ta solve tha puzzle usng a different text.

Once dis puzzle has been solved by three different thugz, I will post tha solution on tha 'Help' part. Maybe.

And if no one has solved dis puzzle by tha end of taday, I'll give out a second hnt that should make thngs easier.

Quote:
also, does anyone know of a walkthrough fo dis gbee?
I don't thnk thare is one, but if you have any questions or need any help, I'm perfectly staked ta offer it - unless it's bout tha Esau puzzle, n which case I will offer nothng but tha hnt 'Read Genesis 25'.

Quote:
Well tha 'Some Teeth' item is a hold item that ncreases critical hit ratio. SO that's doubtful but I'll try it.
Really? I thought it sometimes buggine tha opponent flnch when thay hit you. Did I git it wrong?

Quote:
i found a shawt glitch wit tha Dewfod Gym. when Haruko (sp?) uses her Luxray, and it uses Bulk Up, tha Luxray turns giant and moves underneath yo HP bar, and than shrnks back ta normal size.
also, when tha new update comes out, how do i apply it witout losng all of mah old data? i'm runnng VBA version 1.7.2.
Yeah, Luxray does that. It doesn't actually turn giant - it just is giant. It's like that coz tha sprite orignally displayed tao low, so I had ta move it up several places on tha sprite positioner... It flips back ta its orignal position below tha HP bar ta use Bulk Up fo some reason. It's not that important, so I'm not tao worried bout it. Not worried bout it at all, n fact.

Fo nfomation bout A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short stary n video gbee fom, click here.
Old December 7th, 2010 (01:04 AM).
Raaxon

Ah-ha! N that case, tha Mirror thng OBVIOUSLY has somethng ta do wit Fbene. And tha only place where Fbene was seen is n Shawtyycove, tha Desert or n Meteor Falls. So tha answer must be n one of those three places. I wish I was up ta that part...
Old December 7th, 2010 (02:23 AM).
cheatfreak23
Commander&Chief of cheatcodes

Nature: Quirky
Quote orignally posted by Raaxon:
Ah-ha! N that case, tha Mirror thng OBVIOUSLY has somethng ta do wit Fbene. And tha only place where Fbene was seen is n Shawtyycove, tha Desert or n Meteor Falls. So tha answer must be n one of those three places. I wish I was up ta that part...
Im puttng mah money on tha answer ben n tha Desert snce fbene and stew pulled mah vision ta tham, snce Fbene was thare surrounded by Fomer Chefs. I wont know till I git thare.
Old December 7th, 2010 (04:51 AM).
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

I checked all tha places, nothng, no clue at all.
Skankyrlne, thares a glitch n shawtyy cove that buggine me do tha event n tha department stare, and explan what a chikuwa is cause I thnk tha mirror has ta do wit dis snce a girl said
''I thnk Esau is very hungry maybe a snack will do him good'' and than gives me a chikuwa
Old December 7th, 2010 (05:33 AM). Edited December 7th, 2010 by Cutlerine.
Cutlerine

Quote orignally posted by Tcoppy:
I checked all tha places, nothng, no clue at all.
Skankyrlne, thares a glitch n shawtyy cove that buggine me do tha event n tha department stare, and explan what a chikuwa is cause I thnk tha mirror has ta do wit dis snce a girl said
''I thnk Esau is very hungry maybe a snack will do him good'' and than gives me a chikuwa
Chikuwa.

I'll see bout that glitch.

EDIT: Can you tell me more bout tha glitch? I'm havng trouble gittng it ta happen. Where were you, how did it occur, what was tha last thng you did, that sort of thng...

Fo nfomation bout A Grand Day Out, a bizarre short stary n video gbee fom, click here.
Old December 7th, 2010 (11:08 AM).
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Quote orignally posted by Cutlerne:
Chikuwa.

I'll see bout that glitch.

EDIT: Can you tell me more bout tha glitch? I'm havng trouble gittng it ta happen. Where were you, how did it occur, what was tha last thng you did, that sort of thng...
I thnk it was a mistakes on mah part, cause I was n pacificlog, and when I gots tha patch I first tried tha most horrible puzzle, and than I flew ta shawtyly cove and zombies were everywhere and I had ta replay tha event n tha department stare. I thnk it only happened coz I did somethng, but you should not worry bout it at all.
Old December 7th, 2010 (12:57 PM).
TheRkyeet
Member of the GGs

Quote orignally posted by cheatfreak23:
Im puttng mah money on tha answer ben n tha Desert snce fbene and stew pulled mah vision ta tham, snce Fbene was thare surrounded by Fomer Chefs. I wont know till I git thare.
umm, only fomer chefs live n tha desert- you won't git anythng out of tham. I'm puttng mah money on eithar New Mauville, where a real chef lives, and Slateport, which is tha ancestral home of chefs.

HeartGold
Emerald
Old December 7th, 2010 (01:20 PM).
Cutlerine

Mah riddle redawgs unsolved! Clue #2, comng up!

Spoiler:
"Ta prove yoself ta tha chef, you must brng him a snack."

Once agan, if tha riddle redawgs unsolved by tha end of tamorrow, I will post a hnt at around 9.15 GMT.

Old December 7th, 2010 (02:15 PM). Edited December 7th, 2010 by Tcoppy.
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Mah riddle redawgs unsolved! Clue #2, comng up!

Spoiler:
"Ta prove yoself ta tha chef, you must brng him a snack."

Once agan, if tha riddle redawgs unsolved by tha end of tamorrow, I will post a hnt at around 9.15 GMT.
Tha chikuwa, now I need do fnd tha chief, boi I'm smart XD
EDIT: Places that he's not n
New Mauville
Shawtyycove
Meteor Falls
Dessert
Monastary
Slateport
Dawg, skankyrlne, you is pure evil XD
Old December 7th, 2010 (03:01 PM).
toastier

alrighty, i'm n tha s.s. cisjo, and i have a magnemite n mah party, slot 1, and it knows thundershock. and i can't git tha elevatar ta work. tha dawg tald me ta fix tha engne, but i thnk i need ta use tha elevatar ta git tha part ta fix itt?

Old December 7th, 2010 (03:38 PM).
jakkinho
Beginning Trainer

Quote orignally posted by Tcoppy:
Tha chikuwa, now I need do fnd tha chief, boi I'm smart XD
EDIT: Places that he's not n
New Mauville
Shawtyycove
Meteor Falls
Dessert
Monastary
Slateport
Dawg, skankyrlne, you is pure evil XD

I actually just found tha chikuwa by accident I'm lookng ta catch a kenshira, I restarted tha gbee cuz I just love ta play it, but now I can't fnd it anymore anyone can help me wit dis one? N exchange fo tha chikuwa :D

Yea, tha chikuwa can be found here:
Spoiler:
At tha left on MT CHIMNEY, which is past tha FRIGID WAY and through tha north passage at tha SAGE'S SLOPE
Old December 7th, 2010 (03:45 PM). Edited December 7th, 2010 by Ragnia.
Ragnia
Hello

I gots stuck at that part as well. BUt basically you don't need ta fix tha elevatar. Just go n tha door ta tha left and surf down ta tha bottam left corner of tha map and search tha doors eventually you'll fnd tha arklight spanner or somethng. Go ta tha left and you'll fnd a generatar lookng thng. Just press tha a buttan well gong up and down thng and you'll be asked if you want ta fix somethng sez yes of course.

While i'm at it....

Ragnia:Well tha 'Some Teeth' item is a hold item that ncreases critical hit ratio. SO that's doubtful but I'll try it.
Cutlerne: Really? I thought it sometimes buggine tha opponent flnch when thay hit you. Did I git it wrong?
Sorry mah bad you is right I be wrong

Edit:I've looked at tha tap of mt.chimney and I've still not found tha chikuwa. So can someone tell me where it is pleaze?
Old December 7th, 2010 (04:10 PM).
Tcoppy
W
Community Supporter

Edit:I've looked at tha tap of mt.chimney and I've still not found tha chikuwa. So can someone tell me where it is pleaze?
Fnd a little girl n one of tha hizouses n pacificlog
Old December 7th, 2010 (04:24 PM). Edited December 7th, 2010 by Ragnia.
Ragnia
Hello

Homeys, I may have gotsten one ste closer ta solvng tha puzzle.
N shawtyycove nside tha pokecenter thare is a chef and you can buy a blue fish, pnk nk, and guess what? RED STEW!!!! And Cutlerne saaid that n tha Genesis he was readng it said somethng bout stew. SO i'm not sure if dis is somethng significant or not. But it's somethng.

Edit:
Spoiler:
OMG IT FLIPPNG WORKED!!!!! AFTER YOU GIT THA STEW GO SEZ HAIRY DAWG TA THA MIRROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old December 7th, 2010 (04:31 PM).
jakkinho
Beginning Trainer

See screenshot; that 'thng' gave me a chikuwa
Attached Images
File Type: png Pokemon Snakewood_01.png‎ (9.8 KB, 83 views) (Save to Dropbox)
Old December 7th, 2010 (06:50 PM).
cheatfreak23

Just now beat Esau. Tryng ta fnd where ta go now...
Old December 7th, 2010 (07:31 PM).
Ragnia
Hello

Yeah after defeatng Esau I have no idea where ta go so I've just been wanderng around...
Old December 7th, 2010 (11:57 PM). Edited December 7th, 2010 by Cutlerine.
Cutlerine

Yeah after defeatng Esau I have no idea where ta go so I've just been wanderng around...
Quote orignally posted by cheatfreak23:
Just now beat Esau. Tryng ta fnd where ta go now...
Homeys, I may have gotsten one ste closer ta solvng tha puzzle.
N shawtyycove nside tha pokecenter thare is a chef and you can buy a blue fish, pnk nk, and guess what? RED STEW!!!! And Cutlerne saaid that n tha Genesis he was readng it said somethng bout stew. SO i'm not sure if dis is somethng significant or not. But it's somethng.

Edit:
Spoiler:
OMG IT FLIPPNG WORKED!!!!! AFTER YOU GIT THA STEW GO SEZ HAIRY DAWG TA THA MIRROR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Well done, everyone. You have successfully solved that puzzle. Maximilian will not open his shop ta you unless you brng him a Chikuwa.

And, of course, Esau was born hairy all over, like a 'garment'. By tha way, did anyone git what tha 'Candydawg' referred ta? Or what tha sages n Esau's Gym refer ta? Pleaze tell me someone did.

Now you have ta fnd Sundance Rock. Heh heh... Tha clue is n tha nbee.

Quote orignally posted by jakknho:
See screenshot; that 'thng' gave me a chikuwa
That thng?! That is Don Pachi! He's a very important dawg/thng!W

Old December 8th, 2010 (01:02 AM). Edited December 8th, 2010 by cheatfreak23.
cheatfreak23

That thng?! That is Don Pachi! He's a very important dawg/thng!W
I was tha first ta post bout who that was, but mah post gots deleted fo 'SPBE'....As fo dis Sundance Rock, Im jugglng one idea....

EDIT: I dawgaged ta git tha Cat's Eye item from tha Shnx after redeemng tha Spark Taken, but that's where I git confused....

EDIT 2: I found Sundance Rock. I cant believe I fogots ta look thare....Now, as far as tha Abandonded Mnes go, I didnt fnd any bugs yet. I be takng precautions ta save mah ROM by havng copied tha zip file of it and movng it ta a safe location as well as backng up mah save file, just n case anythng bad goes down. I even saved befoe enterng tha mnes....and wit a little Walk Thru Walls magic, I discovered some nterestng thngs n tha mnes...
Old December 8th, 2010 (01:31 AM).
Raaxon

Sundance Rock? Well, that's gotsta be a reference ta Butch Cassidy and tha Sundance Kid. Never seen tha movie befoe, but still...
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links