Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page "Bucking the Treasure Trend!" Review Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old November 13th, 2010 (05:05 AM).
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
With this episode, all of the stat trainers have finally been in the show.
Old November 13th, 2010 (05:34 AM).
The Lonely Physicist
Crystal Tier

Nature: Serious
  • Lol at Team Rocket XD I guess I might miss them a bit after they evolve into Team "I'm gonna rape you if that's what it takes to get your damn Pokemon" Rocket
  • Buck is... interesting
  • I'd personally think the treasure hunt would be crazy.
  • NO NO NO! You can't fall that far and not DIE! Stupid cartoon Physics! You should be your own college subject!
  • Lol what did Dawn say when Gible was about to charge his lazeh? XD
  • A Wild TEAM ROCKET Appears!
  • Oh look, this time Claydol did all the easy work.
  • Archaeology? Really? ARE THERE NO ENGINEERS IN POKEMON?
  • Next time, time to feast your eyes on the Pokemon Sinnoh League. Y'know, those battles we've been waiting 4 whole years for.

Filler, but a good filler. 10/10 Ooor I'm just in a good mood after watching Megamind yesterday. Oh well. Hope you all are ready for what awaits

Theory. Code. Anime.

Haunter 1 : Serena's Dignity 0
Old November 13th, 2010 (05:52 AM).
what's your sign?

Nature: Quirky
Okay, first thing's first: Buck. Is. Freaking. Adorable.

Now, with that out of the way, I enjoyed this episode. This was the first time I saw a Pokémon episode for a number of months now (I just now realized that they moved the time slot back up to eight o'clock, which isn't it's old slot... but better than seven!), and though it was filler like I expected it to be, it was entertaining filler. Baltoy and Claydol are two favorite Pokémon of mine, and at numerous times during the episode I felt tempted to boot up a Pokémon game to do a Claydol mono. XD So yeah, an impressive bit of filler. I'm just glad I didn't miss the Pokémon League... now that would make me angry. D:<
Old November 13th, 2010 (01:53 PM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Aww, they didn't mention Buck's relation to Flint. :\

For a filler it was pretty good. I will admit my attention wasn't completely into it, but I did get the gist of everything that was said and going on.

It explains how Buck had a Claydol in DPPt though!
...and they say anime =/= games XD;
Old November 16th, 2010 (05:46 PM).
Banned

Three posts guys? I'm ashamed of you people. Can't even ******** a decent thread.

Anyway, I liked Buck in this episode. He's now my second favorite stat trainer after Marley since the other trainers were all pretty bland. Nothing else is really memorable about this episode. Except for maybe that Claydol or something but it was a bit boring.
Old November 16th, 2010 (06:14 PM).
LuffyxHancock Shipper

I enjoyed the episode, I LOL'd at all the Pipulp abuse. that was the best part, Buck was an ok character I guess. Though I wish Ash battled him but whatever, I liked that Ash knew his Pokemon that was cool. I do miss the comical Team Rocket now, they were pretty funny. Its odd watching these episodes, than seeing Best Wishes, major change in Team Rocket wow. Over all, it was pretty good, can't wait for the league.

LuffyxHancock shipper-One Piece.
Old November 18th, 2010 (07:56 PM).
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
This was a pretty interesting episode. I do like Buck and his Baltoy.

I do like the idea of using Pokemon traps to get to something, but knowing me, I could get along just fine! After all, it's just Voltorb and Pineco's Selfdestruct, Gloom and Vileplume's Stun Spore and Acid and Graveler's Rollout!

Jessie's Seviper mowed down those Vileplume with its Poison Tail. I found that hilarious.

Hmmm...I wonder if Baltoy can use Sing? It sounds awesome...

Was Claydol using Aurora Beam along with Ice Beam, Light Screen and Rapid Spin? But Baltoy had incredible speed, especially when using Gyro Ball.

Overall, nice episode! Looking forward to the Sinnoh League!

9.5/10

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old November 19th, 2010 (02:26 PM).
Banned

CARTOON NETWORK 1.3/7 Avg. (7a-1p)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 1.2/11; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.2/8; Pokemon: DP Sinnoh League 1.5/9; Sym-Bionic Titan 1.4/7; Generator Rex 1.5/7; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.4/6; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 1.1/5; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 1.2/5; Hole in the Wall 1.7/7; Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. 1.3/6; Garfield Show 1.3/6; Garfield Show 1.5/7
Old November 19th, 2010 (10:05 PM).
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
I wonder why they didn't mention that Flint is Buck's older brother? I mean, wouldn't it make sense to mention this rather big/important information?

Other than that, it was an enjoyable episode. Baltoy and Claydol are awesome, so it's cool to them again. I'm also glad that Buck caught Claydol, rather than making it faint and then letting it go do.... whatever.

Quote originally posted by Vernikova:
CARTOON NETWORK 1.3/7 Avg. (7a-1p)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 1.2/11; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.2/8; Pokemon: DP Sinnoh League 1.5/9; Sym-Bionic Titan 1.4/7; Generator Rex 1.5/7; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.4/6; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 1.1/5; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 1.2/5; Hole in the Wall 1.7/7; Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. 1.3/6; Garfield Show 1.3/6; Garfield Show 1.5/7
Pretty low ratings for CN as a whole, but nice to see Pokemon take the #2 spot.
Old December 7th, 2010 (10:27 AM).
What do I put here?
Gold Tier

I found this to be a dull episode :/

- Wow, haven't heard the dub music at the start for a while...reminds me of Battle Frontier
- "Baltoy, isn't that right?" sounds like a crazy guy
- Brock: *normal voice* For sure. STOP. SAYING. THAT.
- This is looking like a boring episode
- Heh, randomly amused at how TR thought the Voltorb would be welcoming when they always seem to blow up in the anime...
- Every time they say "Buck and" is sounds like...

Music kept: (3)

Ash agrees to look for treasure (movie 9 music~)
TR Sinnoh Motto theme
DPPt Gym Battle
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links