• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Challenge Ideas & Discussion

Do you feel more people should get into Nuzlockes?

• Yes

Votes: 7 36.8%
  • No

Votes: 12 63.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
Everybody, give me some reasons why the scramble challenge is unpopular.

It is my favorite challenge, and it never gets old.

These days, everybody doesn't really seem to be in it.

And I just can't understand why.

Well maybe people don't like having to beat the game using Magikarp, Male Combee, Rattata, Pidgey, Hoppip and Chingling, I mean it's not very fun if your fellow challengers give you crap and expect you to beat the league with it.

560cool.

An old timer?
Years
Well maybe people don't like having to beat the game using Magikarp, Male Combee, Rattata, Pidgey, Hoppip and Chingling, I mean it's not very fun if your fellow challengers give you crap and expect you to beat the league with it.

Yeah, I just noticed 50% of the people there do this, and it's obviously something bad.
We {Syd actually, we lack mod powahz} should enforce this rules and do stuff like excluding NFE Pokemon unless the poster says he wants NFE. Also, no things like Hoppip, Magikarp, Ratatta and the like (what you said, Karpman).
I think this is why it died for a while until myrrh resurrected it. :>

Also, whats PUAP? Is it one of the Challenges up here?
PUAP is the Pick Up and Play challenge. It's somewhere on the first page, if you're interested.

Last edited:

mal'akh

Hate this place. Gone for good
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 21, 2011
Yeah, I just noticed 50% of the people there do this, and it's obviously something bad.
We {Syd actually, we lack mod powahz} should enforce this rules and do stuff like excluding NFE Pokemon unless the poster says he wants NFE. Also, no things like Hoppip, Magikarp, Ratatta and the like (what you said, Karpman).
I think this is why it died for a while until myrrh resurrected it. :>
That's the same problem we had with the Random Pokemon Challenge! D:
We needs some stricter rules about that, at least. I don't mind the Hoppip or Rattata parts, nor the Pidgey (mine proved more useful than some of my fully evolved Pokemon, actually), but when people start getting stupid with the Pokemon they assign someone, and how many page stretching posts it takes just to replace them, it's ridiculous.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
In my honest opinion,I didn't like either Challenges

In scramble it's just a bunch of restrictions,that challenge only exists for your fellow challengers to piss you of with Male Combees,Unknowns,Magikarp, and "Jigglypuff cannot evolve only use Non-Normal Type moves and no TM/HM"

Random Challenge is BS.I mean the one who is randomizing it could just reset the thing as much as he/she likes to get for the user to get pissed of. I mean I join that challenge twice and I never finished it. You know why?

1st Run: Nobody with Surf Game Over.

2nd Run: Nobody with Cut or Rock Smash.

Both was on Diamond which is nessesary to have those. And I for one feel like its breaking the rules to HM Slave.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
The rules would have to be bent by the challenge host for situations in the random challenge like that, Chaos. Mal'akh had a problem with that himself, getting assigned Pokemon that came after Norman, which obviously doesn't work too well.

With the scramble challenge, I've attempted it once and I didn't get such a bad turnout, but other people did. The restrictions can be annoying, and to be honest guys, I'm one person; I can't hover over every thread to see who's following the rules and what not. So if you see someone in these particular challenges that you think is being unfair, please do not hesitate to report it, but make sure you have a valid reason. I will confront said person about it if I find it an irrational assignment. But do keep in mind, it's still a challenge. There has to be some element of challenge in there. Though that Jigglypuff example would be taken into consideration because to my knowledge, Jigglypuff can only learn non-damaging moves that are not of the normal type.

I HAVE BEEN PLAYING PLATINUM ALL DAY FOR PUAP AND I AM HAPPY. :D lololol I finally have time to catch up on challenges and restart my favorite challenge. I even finished my triospecies run! I might be posting a challenge for Pokemon Colosseum/XD soon, so watch out for that. Might be a week or so before I do though, since I still have three more finals this week. But we shall see.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Actually Jiggly can, Rollout >.>

Getting a tablet for Christmas so I might avtually start a Nuzlocke Run Comic ( or just maybe a Comic for any run?)

Stormer

Espeon Trainer
Years
I think there should be a random color run. You list the number of pokemon you want and the person below you list that many colors. Then he/she picks a number. The first person looks down the list and his/her first pokemon color is the first posts 1st color. The sencond posts sencond colr is their next pokemon and ect. They may only use pokemon that fit their colors.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
How about this.

You say 6 colors then someone says a number. The number selected is the number in the regions pokedex order pokemon.

Confusing? Time to Explain.

I choose Green as one of my colors and im playing Leaf Green. And Seco. (isnt he like in every one of my explanations? xD) chooses 4.

Caterpie is the fourth pokemon in LG's Pokedex thats green,so I have to use that in my team.

Years
How about this.

You say 6 colors then someone says a number. The number selected is the number in the regions pokedex order pokemon.

I choose Green as one of my colors and im playing Leaf Green. And Seco. (isnt he like in every one of my explanations? xD) chooses 4.

Caterpie is the fourth pokemon in LG's Pokedex thats green,so I have to use that in my team.

That actually does sound appetizing, I may give it a go, if you post a thread. Although, I'm not sure how I'd feel having to beat LG with a caterpie :S.
Anyhow, if I ever get a tablet, the diamond run is getting a comic, definetly.

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
Well if it's evolution is green you can use it. a.i Metapod is green but Butterfree isn't.

Stormer

Espeon Trainer
Years
Well if it's evolution is green you can use it. a.i Metapod is green but Butterfree isn't.
I like it. If a thread is posted, I will join.

How about this.

I like it. If a thread is made, I will jon.

Last edited:

chaos11011

[untitled]
Years
  • Age 27
  • MA
  • Seen May 4, 2021
I made the thread,just waiting for Syd to accept it. Rule 4 majorly inforces that no Whinning for another pokemon. If you do I will report them to Syd.

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
umm.... i have an idea for a challenge... don't know if it's made or not..

It's for R/S/E/D/P/Pt
and it's a contest challenge, where you get a team of 5 Pokemon and train them all in one contest stat, then aim to get all the ribbons in one category per pokemon. You could also try and beat the elite 4 too, for an extra challenge, i gues...

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
It's for R/S/E/D/P/Pt
and it's a contest challenge, where you get a team of 5 Pokemon and train them all in one contest stat, then aim to get all the ribbons in one category per pokemon. You could also try and beat the elite 4 too, for an extra challenge, i gues...

There was one, but I think it died, and it included the Pokethlon too. That would be cool, actually. And you could probably include BW because they have musicals, which are similar to contests. But that's up to whoever wants to make the thread. But yeah, that one died off long ago, so it's safe to say another one could be made.

Also, would we have to start a new game? People seem to like challenges that don't involve restarting games, like the PUAP challenge.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I was thinking of a challenge similar to the Beginning Letter Challenge. You take the first six (or any number below, depending on the amount of letters you have and/or how many pokemon you want to use) letters of your username, and use pokemon according to the beginning letter. Not a very good explanation, but here's an example.

My first six letters are I, N, F, E, R, and N again. That means I would use pokemon beginning with those letters, like Illumise, Noctowl, Flareon, Espeon, and so forth.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I'm sorry Syd but...

seedbby

n. music, but also a secret code-word for cigarettes.
"Boy, you can't hate seedbby!"

...gtfo. >:(

I was thinking of a challenge similar to the Beginning Letter Challenge. You take the first six (or any number below, depending on the amount of letters you have and/or how many pokemon you want to use) letters of your username, and use pokemon according to the beginning letter. Not a very good explanation, but here's an example.

My first six letters are I, N, F, E, R, and N again. That means I would use pokemon beginning with those letters, like Illumise, Noctowl, Flareon, Espeon, and so forth.

I like this one. Can't think of an appropriate name for it though, haha. But I do like it! Works great for those of us with exactly six letters. Hmm...

Seed bby :DD
Yanmega D:
Duskull ^-^
Infernape :|
ARCEUS LOLOLOL
Noctowl? .-.

Enigma

[i][font=Noto Serif][color=#e2ad53]The [color=#d94
Years
I was thinking of calling it the 'Username Letter Challenge' or something along those lines.
I'll definitely set up that challenge after completing my current one. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back