The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Games Showcase

Notices

Games Showcase This forum is for games which have a significant amount of progress. Only the most developed games are selected to go in here.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

View Poll Results: How to do rate.
Awesome!!! 547 69.07%
Alright! 123 15.53%
Average 57 7.20%
Awful.. 16 2.02%
Abomination.... 49 6.19%
Voters: 792. You may not vote on this poll

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 4th, 2010, 12:51 PM
DarkDoom3000
The Creator

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DarkDoom3000
Replies:
Spoiler:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockmaster24 View Post
the pineco in the forest doesnt vanish after you beat it

just found that out then... i wont abuse it

in version .401 the Abra didnt evolve for me.

it did in version .4

neither did the Aron

story spoiler
Spoiler:
and where the aron is im stuck in a loop the rockets didn't move out of the doorway and i keep battling them and the aron
fixed the pineco issue, so you get a star (*)
but can't seem to replicate the non-evolving pokemon and the rockets looping.
Question- did a "cave in" occur earlier?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omn View Post
I am trying to figure out how long it takes for the t1 virus to appear when you battle the first AI cause hasn't shown up after i got him to his pure form
yeah- only forms of eevee can use it. I guess I'll have to make a message pop up informing you to use it inbattle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DForte View Post
Just thought I would let you know that I found two more bugs. I promise I am not looking for them, I just like raising my pokemon.
Dude, don't sweat it, you're doing me a favour reporting these bugs. - It's better that someone finds it now, rather than when the game gets a full
Quote:
1. Its another gastly/haunter bug. Struggle is missing. The "0" pp it uses is there, but the name is not. Idk if you meant to keep it out because when I use the attack, it doesnt work. (I really like gastly/haunter/gengar)
Hmm, I can't seem to pinpoint this one. doesn't seem to appear in my saves.
What level is your haunter- and is there no struggle, just the mystery move?
Quote:

2. The second deals with Onix. I try to put him on my team and the game crashes.
This one I can pinpoint, fixed now. Heres a workaround- Don't use the swap option on onix- instead, deposit a pokemon first, then withdraw onix, that appears to work.

Quote:

Those are the only bugs that I have found, but there is a question I would like to ask. I'm glad that you made a second battle to get a second of the original starters, but will be making a third battle to get the 3rd one?
Yeah- the 3rd starter will be avalible at some point- near the end of the game. Probably be a really hard battle.

-----------
Thanks for the bug reporting you guys. :)
If you want some extra stars, there might be some bugs in New Game+,
Also, if you find a blank item in your items bag, tell me.

Update [5/12/10]

Protips:
heres just some interesting stuff i learned while I was playing, feel free to contribute your own.

No more PP? - Limit Break it

-Just happened to me while testing the haunter battle. I ran out of PP. had no ethers either. couldn't run form a boss battle, and struggle was doing pefetic damage. My charazard went into limit status- yay double stats. but I can't even do attacks (well- struggles were starting to do 40 damage now) but then every turn he regained 16Pp. 5% per turn. And- not your turn. after any attack that any pokemon does, you'll recover PP. So if your pokemon runs out of PP, just wait for him to limit and get back in the battle.

Dont like my team.

-Did you just find an awesome pokemon, but he's too low leveled to tag along with your main party? Well- newgame+ might be the thing to do. When you do it, you retain everything, except pokemon levels, and key items (for story events). Yeah- you'll can have a lv1 Blastoise with hydro pump.
All levels reseting mean you can have a fresh start, Instead of taking the same pokemon as before, you can select any of the pokemon you caught before. and they'll all be at the same level!

-------------
Progress Update
Just been fixing bugs, and mapping out the next areas (route 11 below)
The next city will be a harbour city- the first one in SPEE. so yay you'll be getting surf soon.

Last edited by DarkDoom3000; December 4th, 2010 at 02:54 PM.
Old December 4th, 2010, 01:36 PM
DForte
Trainer

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDoom3000 View Post
Replies:
[SPOILER]

Hmm, I can't seem to pinpoint this one. doesn't seem to appear in my saves.
What level is your haunter- and is there no struggle, just the mystery move?
my haunter ran out pp and the attack was there, but the word "struggle" wasnt. I'll have to go back in the game and check because I havent had to use struggle in a while. I believe my haunter is somewhere between the levels of 28 - 32.

Also, i thought I read somewhere when you made that patch that there would be a problem with haunter evolving to gengar, but I couldnt find it. I could have just been imagining that you said it.
Old December 4th, 2010, 02:16 PM
Omn
Moogle King

Nature: Jolly
Umm i tried adding diglet from my pc to my party but its crashed the game

I figured a way to fix it you would actually end up depositing a pokemon then take him out

Old December 4th, 2010, 03:38 PM
DarkDoom3000
The Creator

Quote:
my haunter ran out pp and the attack was there, but the word "struggle" wasnt. I'll have to go back in the game and check because I havent had to use struggle in a while. I believe my haunter is somewhere between the levels of 28 - 32.

Also, i thought I read somewhere when you made that patch that there would be a problem with haunter evolving to gengar, but I couldnt find it. I could have just been imagining that you said it.
Quote:
Umm i tried adding diglet from my pc to my party but its crashed the game

I figured a way to fix it you would actually end up depositing a pokemon then take him out
(*). Oh bother. It appears this bug effects all pokemon that have 1 evolution. So be aware. :O

Dam macro that I used.
Old December 5th, 2010, 02:19 AM
Lockmaster24
Wise words of FizzyStardust

yes the explosion did happen i walked around and battle the rockets they then failed to make it out of the door and when i walked down they didnt respond so i walked back up and the script activated again making me battle them and the Larion again

Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures
Dialga and Palkia's Loud Adventures 2
Old December 5th, 2010, 07:47 AM
Omn
Moogle King

I noticed when you beat a trainer in the regular game and use new game+ it doesn't make it so you can battle them again as if you never beat them

Old December 5th, 2010, 03:29 PM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

Ok, I just read through every single post to make sure it wasn't posted. And cause I was bored

I'm pretty sure Mystrey Berry is supposed to be spelled "Mystery Berry."
Also, I'm not sure if it's the item name or just the script, but there is an extra space after Phoenix Down. (It looks like: [Player] obtained a Phoenix Down .) <- Not sure about exact words

Really minor things, really.
Old December 6th, 2010, 02:28 PM
DarkDoom3000
The Creator

Replies
Spoiler:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lockmaster24 View Post
yes the explosion did happen i walked around and battle the rockets they then failed to make it out of the door and when i walked down they didnt respond so i walked back up and the script activated again making me battle them and the Larion again
Sweet, glitch pinpointed and fixed- problem was, there were 2 squares that trigger the rockslide. one of them wasn't programmed properly, leaving you to battle 2 instances of the rockets.
so thats a star for you (*)

Quote:
I noticed when you beat a trainer in the regular game and use new game+ it doesn't make it so you can battle them again as if you never beat them
Yeah- I was too lazy to reactivate the trainers, I'll do it when I have enough time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCKC View Post
Ok, I just read through every single post to make sure it wasn't posted. And cause I was bored :P

I'm pretty sure Mystrey Berry is supposed to be spelled "Mystery Berry."
Also, I'm not sure if it's the item name or just the script, but there is an extra space after Phoenix Down. (It looks like: [Player] obtained a Phoenix Down .) <- Not sure about exact words :P

Really minor things, really.
Thanks, fixed mystery berry. can't change the obtained item thing right now, as I will have to go back and fix all instances of you getting an item. I will try remember to fix any items im making in the future.

[7/12/10]

Progress Update

Mapped out the next city- It's a harbor city.... named Portus City.
Kinda busy map. Unsure if it'll have a gym. probably will.
I'm Offically about 65% done of all mapping. so yay.

I spent 1 hour yesterday going through all text and changing Pokemon into Pokémon. Just figured out Alt+130. Innoying and time consuming. but needed to be done.

Vs Bar
Vs bar: Yeah- like HG/SS does it. more simplistic though. Appears before battling a gym leader, your rival and Team Rocket!

------

Crystal
While I was testing for glitches in v0.4, I realised... there are no female main characters. So heres Crystal/Marina/Kris
Spoiler:

You'll encounter her early in the game- for people transferring save games, you'll still be able to activate the events. She'll basically pop up from time to time informing you of any corrupted pokemon. you'll obtain her phone number later on (*wink* *wink*) and you can call her for locations of corrupted pokemon

----

Rainbow Tower

North of Portus City, there will be a newly opened... Rainbow Tower!
It's an amusment park. multiple zones. get points. obtain prizes.

If you've got ideas of other zones to add, just post it.
Old December 6th, 2010, 04:51 PM
DForte
Trainer

What if you do a quiz zone. Just ask a series of questions about the game and they have to get them all right or youask questions until you get one wrong and the prize you get is determined by how many you answer correctly.
Old December 7th, 2010, 06:00 AM
Lockmaster24

Quote:
Replies
Sweet, glitch pinpointed and fixed- problem was, there were 2 squares that trigger the rockslide. one of them wasn't programmed properly, leaving you to battle 2 instances of the rockets.
so thats a star for you (*)
Yay I got a star :D

And nice update. I'll think about the zones and write back if i think of anything

Old December 8th, 2010, 06:19 PM
cazzler
Feraligatr FtW!

Nature: Brave
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to cazzler
Just downloaded this game, and I'm already hooked! Great job on the game, good luck finishing it!
Old December 10th, 2010, 05:04 PM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

I agree with DForte with the Quiz Zone. Do you have to do them in order or is there something like an elevator? And for the other zone, how about a Scavenger Hunt floor? :D
Old December 11th, 2010, 12:47 PM
DarkDoom3000
The Creator

^yep-yep. I've decided to add in the quiz zone, and the other zone will be a "carnival zone" it's mainly going to be utilised for a storyline event.

scavenget hunting will probably be fused into the maze zone, it will have many puzzles and stuff- im thinking of re-creating the whole of Resident Evil 1 in it.

Progress Update
I've been working on the rainbow tower- mainly the arcade zone and making minigames. The other thing i've been doing is expanding the refining system. you should be able to get every TM via refining in v0.5

Story Update

I've been making some storyline refinements.
Spoiler:
In Portus City, theres the Sliph co. building. you're restricted to floors 1 and 2 only. you meet your rival there, by that point, you two are pretty freindly, probably considered ligetimate friends.
-
But on your way down the rainbow tower, the elevator malfunctions and sends you to a service tunnel that takes you to the underground entrance of Sliph co. building. filled with team rocket members, you find out that geovanni is actually the owner of sliph co. you guys fight, he escapes. find out that Your Rival is actually his son. and he's not too fond of his dad. yada yada yada.

M pinpoints location of next AI, Geosigma. who you eventually find to be geovanni (GASP) you defeat him, both of you get teleported to sliph co. building, Rival sees a dying geovanni, bawww father son moment, Rival is in rage mode, vows revenge, XDR (AI master) teleports him away, M teleports you away.

sh!t get's serious. Rival is now working with the AIs and controls all of team rocket.

Rainbow Tower
been mapping out rainbow tower. finished 1 minigame for the arcade zone.
Street Combat. 1v1 fighting game. get points to get rainbow credits that you can trade in the prize zone.
I've also made a "Street Combat: Overdrive" which is just a double speed version.

I'm planning to make
Street Combat 2
-better graphics, storyline.
Street Combat 3
-better graphics, multiple rounds
Wack A Mole (diglett?)
Random "Light Gun" shooter
and more.
Old December 11th, 2010, 01:10 PM
Rassalon
Epic One

Nature: Hasty
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Rassalon Send a message via Yahoo to Rassalon
Bravo. With the whack a mole defiantly diglett and, maybe there can be a rare chance a dugtrio appears and starts a triple score round? See what I did there? Anyway just tried the latest edition on my net book and everything is fine and lag free except for one thing weirdly most of the time when moving the character lets say skips around in the sense you press a key and, you have jumped a cells to whichever direction you go in. Anything significant?
Old December 11th, 2010, 06:01 PM
Lockmaster24

Nice but Safari only has 1 F in it. :p

not all perfect

also in 1 case Combat has a C and the other a K

Old December 11th, 2010, 06:21 PM
BCKC
A nobody, just like you.

Nice update!
Well, I guess that answers my elevator problem.
And, on the Street Combat "titlescreen," its spelled combat, but in the text box under that, its spelled Kombat

Also, the hand kinda looks out of place, it looks kinda formal with the sleeve
(Its also... disformed...)
Old December 11th, 2010, 08:55 PM
Lockmaster24

Oh and i just noticed that you spelt Charizard wrong. you spelt it Charazard or something and where the hell is the moon stone!!! ARGH!!!

Old December 11th, 2010, 09:00 PM
DarkDoom3000
The Creator

Heh, fixed the spelling errors, and replaced the Street Combat title screen.

Moonstone is in the obvious place. Luna Forest. South-west area.enter it via route 8 and take the southbound path.
Old December 11th, 2010, 09:26 PM
Lockmaster24

Quote:
Heh, fixed the spelling errors, and replaced the Street Combat title screen.

Moonstone is in the obvious place. Luna Forest. South-west area.enter it via route 8 and take the southbound path.
So obvious ive been looking in caves because moon stone is always in caves
Old December 12th, 2010, 08:55 AM
Omn
Moogle King

No that kinda is obvious cause of Luna forest and Luna is Moon or something like that.

Old December 15th, 2010, 03:44 AM
DarkDoom3000
The Creator

Yeah, luna means moon in latin, also, Lunar- as in lunar phases of the moon.

Anyways...

Refining

I've been expanding the refining options. now it's increased from around 80 refinible items, to over 200. most TMs can be obtained via refining now.

Whack A Mole

I've finished up the whack a mole game. There are 9 holes. 3x3. The holes have numbers above them. It corrosponds to the numpad which (should be) on the right side of your keyboard.

--------------------------------------
Safari Zone

I've been developing the safari zone of the Rainbow Tower.
It works sorta like the games.. but different.

most importantly: YOU CANNOT KEEP POKEMON YOU CATCH!
-You can catch infinite amounts of pokemon, but you only have a 5 min time limit.
-Using bait will cause the pokémon to be occupied for 3 turns. meaning they can't run away.
-throwing rocks will decrease their speed, meaning they'll react slower.
-If you catch pokemon, you gain points(exp). the rarer the pokemon, the more points you'll get.
-There'll be sevral "areas". im trying to make it that for every area you get a high score for, you'll obtain a Pokemon.
-Once the times up, the score will be converted into currency for the prize zone.
Old December 15th, 2010, 04:08 AM
me2hack
Graphics Artist

Nature: Quiet
Wow..A zapdos in safari?

Old December 15th, 2010, 06:47 AM
monkeyboi
Pokemon hack/game player

wow that's a great idea for the safari zone, you can put whatever you want because we don't keep it.

I do have a question though, will anything we catch be added to our pokedex's?

-If you are reading this and are about to post a question about a game do everyone a favor and read the thread first to see if your questions been asked already thank you for reading this-

What am I up to currently?
Nothing now that I lost the file and don't feel like continuing it
Old December 15th, 2010, 10:43 AM
Cless
Beginning Trainer

I'm actually quite thoroughly impressed by this game.
Old December 15th, 2010, 01:05 PM
DForte
Trainer

Freaking amazing. If you dont mind me asking, how complete (percentage wise) would you say rainbow tower is? I would assume that you won't release the next beta until it is completely finished. I am only asking because every time you post an update I just keep saying to myself "I hope he releases the next beta this week" lol.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links