• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen What did you think

BLK

Trainer From The Holon Region
Years
  • Seen Dec 9, 2021
What thoughts came to mind when you first played in the Hoen region?
Ruby was my first ever encounter with a pokemon game so its what got me hooked on the series.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
I was blown away the first time I played Sapphire since the last main game I had played was Yellow. I spent a lot of time on Sapphire and I still enjoy RSE the most today. Tons of fun. I think I know that region like the back of my hand, haha.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Mar 11, 2023
I was stoked to see all these brand new pokemon (blaziken <3) and I loved it at first, but nowadays, it's kind of my least favorite region :O

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
Years
I was enthralled. I started playing the games with Emerald, and I had been prejudiced against the new Pokémon until I started playing. Then I was absolutely amazed. Emerald is still my favorite game, and Hoenn my favorite region. <3

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
To be honest, Hoenn is the very first region I played in. When I started, it felt like I was totally sucked in to the game and I enjoyed the music, as well as the gameplay in general.

*ADJ*

Mmm I'd say amateur trainer
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Mar 31, 2015
Well my favorite game of all time is emerald I like r/b/y but i felt that r/s/e was so much better

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
For me this was before I followed all the pre-release stuff(outside of Nintendo Power promo's they used to show) so everything about the Generation hit me at once. I was like, wow! All of these new pokemon and how awesome their designs looked.

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2011
I actually started playing sapphire just a couple of weeks ago. XD
I completely missed this generation as a kid but then again I was 13 when it came out and had other extracurricular activities and my younger brother had sapphire and I always wanted to play it but he would never let me. I would get as far as to getting my starter and that would be the end of that.
But now, I'm very pleased. I can't wait to actually play it through, on my own because it feels like a new Pokemon game for me.

Ctrl.Alt.Geak

Swords Master
Years
  • Seen Feb 18, 2017
For me, I started playing and had a really negative attitude about the new games because I had grown up playting the first two generations. Because of that I felt like the new Pokemon were going to be lame just because they werent the original 151 (I didnt really have much of an opinion on the Gen II Pokemon). However when I began playing I was pretty amazed. I loved the new features, mainly the running shoes, 2 speed bike and the HM "Dive". For the times I also thought the graphics were pretty cool being in full colour, seeing my reflection in a pond or leaving footprints in the sand (of course thats not really a big deal these days).

I never bothered buying FR/LG until 2 years ago because I didnt think much would be changed from the original R/B/Y. That was a huge mistake on my part.

linkinpark187

Computer Tech
Years
I wasn't overly impressed. Thought the music was pretty good and visually (compared to the GameBoy) it was stunning, it lacked a lot in the story department. At least for me. It did come out with what would one day became some of my favorite Pokémon, especially one my most favorite Psychic Pokémon, Gardevoir. :D

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
At first the new graphics and all impressed me. But all that started to fade when I began realizing that a)I couldn't use many of my old favorites until after beating the game; b) The "rival" didn't have half the backbone that Silver had in G/S/C; c) the Gym Leaders were boring personality-wise, IMO; and d) Hoenn was a chore to play through, especially in the late stages of the game.

BenjiTheKid

Cooltrainer Benji
Years
The first third gen game I played was Sapphire. I got it for Christmas. I remember getting it and everything. To be honest, the first time I played it, I wasn't impressed. I liked the first and second gen much better. I didn't care for the Pokemon at all. Not even the starters. (Especially not the starters.) I liked the weather thing, but I think that was about all I did like at the time. It grew on me over time, though. Now I'm more or less indifferent. I enjoy the game, but it's not a favorite. Or a least favorite, for that matter. (I don't think I have a least favorite generation... I like them all *shrug* )

Back