• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Helio Version

Which starter would you pick?

• Chamelica - Grass Starter

Votes: 110 26.6%
  • Kittorch - Fire Starter

Votes: 197 47.7%
  • Pireel - Water Starter

Votes: 106 25.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Alright everyone, I apologize for the delay in release, but we have some exciting news!

I've brought with me a screenshot! I wont speak much about it, but...well it should speak for itself.

screenshot1211.png

aquakip

Art Director, Pokemon Ethereal Gates
Years
We're thinking about using Neo Mode 7 in the game. Anyone else think so?

If you don't know what that is, than check the a spoiler:
Spoiler:

Please tell us what you think.

Karel_Kazuki

Wants to Learn about PKMN Rmxp
Years
I think it would be awesome,but some people's computer probably wouldn't be able to process it all the way through and Neo Mode does have its bugs, so its a tossup.But I do think you guys should try it.

Years
ahhh i dont think its a good idea to use the "latest graphics" because some people actualy hate those graphics and so do i. If you mean your gonna use Pokemon black/white graphics theme in your game.

aquakip

Years
Karel_Kazuki@ Hmmm...you are correct about that. I didn't think about the processing issues. But we should try it anyway. ^_^

ProdigyX@ You see, the graphics actually look a lot better now than they did. They are also a mixture of BW styled and my own style, so it doesn't look bad. At least not to me or anyone on DA. :/

Karel_Kazuki

Years
Yep,But The way the screenshot of the bedroom look,I will definitely promote the use of BW styled tiles ^_^ it will be the first successful game to use them!

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
Only problem I see with the screenshot is the player model looks like he is at a completely different angle compared to everything else. Right now we see him in more of a head on fashion, while I think he should be a bit more top down.

Years
ProdigyX@ You see, the graphics actually look a lot better now than they did. They are also a mixture of BW styled and my own style, so it doesn't look bad. At least not to me or anyone on DA. :/

well then i guess i'm gonna have to see for myself this release date hopefully they will look much better

aquakip

Years
Starrmyt and I are having a debate about a topic that I think would be better suited for the thread. So instead of us arguing it out, I would like you to post your ideas about it here, please.

"Emort is just north of both Johto and Kanto. Apparently, because of this, a lot of Johto and Kanto pokemon are supposed to be in our region because we are a neighboring region. So we have 70 pokemon or so in the dex as well, not wanting all of them, because that's too large. I have gone and designed 25 new fakemon and wanted to put them into the emort dex. Evan says no. So I tried to come to a compromise and said to just take out the officials. He says no. Then I said, have them offered after the story mode. He still says no."

I want to put these fakemon in the game, for I think they are very nice and will add a larger variety for our audience. Please, tell us what you think should happen.

~AQUA

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
Fakemon seem to be a good idea, but not a lot. It makes the game a bit more unique with a few fakemon.

Years
I don't think adding the pokemon would be too big of a dex. I'd certainly like to see the fakemon

BadSamaritan

Gone Fishin'
Years
  • Seen Jun 8, 2023
I don't see why you can't just have an entire region of fakemon.

Then again, I've never understood the people who actually like a fan-game with real pokemon over fakes, so maybe I'm a bit biased.

I think its one thing if you have all the old pokemon in there, but it seems like a waste, especially for a spriter like yourself who can sprite fast enough, to resprite old pokemon when you could just do the new pokemon.

But really, it just comes down to how much say you have in the group. Personally, I'd say you've put in probably the most work of the entire group(not to take anything away from starmyt or bards sword), but I think you should be able to at the very least put them in the game. Either that or just keep them for if you want your own fakemon region later.

Karel_Kazuki

Years
Do what they did in Unova,Add the fakes at the beginning to make it feel new, and back it up with the official pokemon.That seems like the best way to go.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Your awesome fakemons are actually one of the reasons I like this game so much.

If you din't have them, this game would be so much more generic.

I definetly think you should keep them.

Starrcasm

Game Director, Pokémon Ethereal Gates
Years
Fakemon seem to be a good idea, but not a lot. It makes the game a bit more unique with a few fakemon.

THANK YOU for being a voice of reason here, me2hack. I appreciate it.

Maybe the rest of you shouldn't turn to "what would make this game more visually exciting", and instead go to "what makes more sense to do"? We are most certainly NOT going to do what Unova did, because geographically, that makes absolutely NO sense.

The Pokemon World is based very largely off of the real world, with the four past regions based on various parts of Japan and Unova based on New York City. Notice that Unova can get away with having no original pokemon because it's thousands of miles away. Emort hasn't got that luxury. It's located DIRECTLY above Kanto and Johto. DIRECTLY above it. Because of that, I plan to have lots of species from Kanto and Johto present.

Look at Hoenn and Sinnoh. They're pretty far from Johto and Kanto and yet they STILL have tons of original pokemon. Why shouldnt Emort then, especially considering its so CLOSE to it? It just makes no geographical sense.

On to my next point. We can't just keep adding in new fakemon as we think of them. That's ludicrous. Aquakip is an EXTREMELY creative person, I know that. And if we keep adding every fakemon idea that pops into his head, by the time the final game is done we'll have just about 5 full generations of Fakemon! And don't get me wrong, I don't hate Aquakip's creativity, I just want to know that when my spriter tells me that the dex is complete, that the dex IS complete.

Now to answer the rest of you individually:
First Aquakip: The answer is still no. :) I still dont understand why you created those 25 when we didnt need them, but either way I'm not expanding the dex.

Kaivii: If we start with these 25, then the dex will be at about 170 fakemon. Which is a bit much, don't you think?

Rickyboy: This is because we are so geographically close to johto and kanto. Hoenn and Sinnoh arent as close but they still used old pokemon. Tons of them. [Also I have the most say in the group, thanks very much. :) ]

Karel_Kazuki [and XmasterchiefX]: We can't do what Unova did because we dont have the luxury of having no geographical connection :P

tImE: Oh come on! So the game will be bad because instead of 170 fakemon, we'll only have 145? NO! Too much of a good thing can be very, very bad.

and I leave you all with that... Also the demo is going well ;)

me2hack

Graphics Artist
Years
  • Seen Mar 12, 2011
That's why I said only a few fakemon would be good. I completely understand your opinion here. Being close to Johto and Kanto doesn't mean you have to have all the same Pokemon. A few fakemon, like the starters maybe some random and a few legendary won't hurt at all. This is just how I see it, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back