The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 20th, 2010, 08:27 AM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy

Advertise here
Remember just not too long ago when Ash and friends were traveling through Hoenn and later back to Kanto for the Battle Frontier? Well, like the Original Series Discussion Thread, here's one for the AG & BF series. You are free to discuss the various episodes and movies of these sagas, favorite moments, characters, and all.

Only a few rules to follow...
- Keep things relevant to Ash's journey through Hoenn and the Battle Frontier; which the thread title points out for you.
- All PC Rules and Anime Rules do apply.
- Excepting the 30-day revival rule.
- No flaming, bashing etc.
- Just have fun discussing.
Links
- Pokémon Anime Rules
- Original Series Discussion
- Diamond & Pearl Discussion
- Best Wishes Discussion
- Black & White/Best Wishes Episode Index
- Pokémon the Anime XY Episode Index
Discuss and remember to love Charaxes always!

Last edited by Wobbu; June 3rd, 2014 at 12:35 AM.
Old September 20th, 2010, 10:25 AM
Serene Grace
ニャース

Nature: Relaxed
I guess I'll start this thread off. Who remembers the moment when Ash lost his first battle against the Battle Salon Maiden Anabel? The expressions on their faces were priceless.

Anyway, Battle Frontier was one of my favourite Pokémon animé series. I just loved the whole idea, story and simple back-to-basics idea that it portrayed. It was also good to see Ash win everything for once, eh?
Old September 22nd, 2010, 09:07 AM
Guy
just a guy

Probably the reason why I enjoyed this arc so much, specifically, was because of the introduction of May and Pokémon Contests. I tend to prefer the original contests more than those currently in DP, just because they seem more focused on the Pokémon and rather than the amazing beauty of the moves (which DP seems to look at more than the Pokémon themselves). While, they look great, I just like how they utilized May within the contests and her Pokémon.

Not to mention, the rivals for May were much better developed than Dawn's. :\
Old September 22nd, 2010, 11:41 AM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Remember that episode with ash battling Tate and Liza in which Pikachu and Swellow used Thunder as an armor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wPBm18o4c-I
Old September 23rd, 2010, 07:02 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post
I tend to prefer the original contests more than those currently in DP, just because they seem more focused on the Pokémon and rather than the amazing beauty of the moves (which DP seems to look at more than the Pokémon themselves).

Not to mention, the rivals for May were much better developed than Dawn's. :\
Thats not really true at all, remember the episode where Dawn entered the Selaceon (spelt that wrong) contest, she used her moves so badly she coverd up Amipom so they could not see it and thats why she didn't get into the second round!

On topic:-
My favourite episode in BF would gave to be Time warp heals all wounds!~ I loved the story about the old lady and her husband and how he left when she was pregnent and May, meowth and squirtle travel through time to stop the guy from going going and lady get to him in time!
I loved the music near the end "Stay together" and I loved how her Egg hatched to eevee at the end!
Heres Stay together if anyones wondering:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yme5eQum5ng

Last edited by Mew~; June 29th, 2011 at 10:58 PM.
Old September 24th, 2010, 02:14 PM
luf100
Team Rocket Grunt

Nature: Quiet
The one main reason I loved Hoenn? HARLEY. I will forever miss him. I really liked May too, and Drew.

Old October 30th, 2010, 09:52 AM
Guy
just a guy

Battle Frontier fans are in luck, because next week Cartoon Network is having another Pokémon Marathon, and the Battle Frontier is included along with Pokémon Ranger & the Temple of the Sea!

If you plan on watching it, then feel free to discuss and give comments on the Battle Frontier episodes shown, here. Shall be a fun time for me seeing as it was my favorite season; bringing back a lot of memories from that time.
Old December 3rd, 2010, 06:24 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
I'm another Hoenn lover, this is my favorite series as well.

It was refreshing to see a new group for the first time, and I didn't mind Max at all. It was interesting to see a four person group this time. Pokemon Contests were a wonderful new idea at the time, it really shouldn't have been repeated. May was a great character and I liked how she actually went through character development. She started out thinking she was going to take on the gym challenge and she didn't even like Pokemon, but she made some major progress.

The Battle Frontier is my favorite series in the show, period. It was a great mix of the old and the new. You have Ash actually using his older Pokemon, and then you have all the new DP Pokemon appearing; this saga gave me major hype. Other things I liked about this saga were the episodes involving Pokemon Rangers and legendary Pokemon, the latter should really be used a bit more often in the anime.

Paired to cr4y

Old December 8th, 2010, 05:52 PM
Guy
just a guy

If only I had my own DVD set of the Advanced Generation.

The first episode was a good start to the series. I liked that they started it off with May narrating her own start. To me, her development throughout the series was well put together. It's one of the reasons why May, herself, is my favorite female lead thus far.
Old December 14th, 2010, 01:52 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Remeber when ash faced Anabel in the rematch. His corphish was confused and he returned it and then chose it again and won that battle.
Old December 14th, 2010, 02:00 PM
Meduza
Majestic Dawn

Battle Frontier was a little wierd since one minute, Brock, May and Max are gone, the next, they're all back with Ash O_o

Couldn't the writers just of said they all went to Kanto?

Pokémon of the Day

Rotom
February 25, 2011

Last edited by Meduza; December 17th, 2010 at 10:19 AM.
Old June 29th, 2011, 05:59 PM
~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
Buffalo State College

Nature: Bashful
Send a message via AIM to ~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~
I was actually hoping that the Battle Frontier in the anime would be very similar to the games. I mean that Ash didn't just go to the Battle Frontier brains right away. I was hoping Ash would go inside the Battle Pike and deal with what we had to deal with in Pokemon Emerald and Ash going into the Battle Pyramid whereas he would have a hard time navigating to find the warp title to the next floor.

TG

Friend Code: 3136-6961-3807 Friend Safari:Steel: Metang, Magneton and Klefi
Old March 3rd, 2012, 09:42 PM
psyanic
There's Something About Lamps

Nature: Bold
If you think about it, they didn't really do much of the building challenges for the gyms. They did do that for the Orange Islands in some cases, but for the gyms, there was maybe an episode before the actual battle to introduce the Gym Leader, then Ash just battles them. I would have liked it if Ash had to actually do all the stuff, like reach the top of the Battle Tower instead of just challenging them. It would definitely give it more flavor rather than the whole "walk a few miles, meet the brain, beat the brain" or in some cases, he'd lose and rematch the brain and eventually win.

The only real challenge to find was Brandan because he had a stupid mobile pyramid. The whole challenge was finding that blasted thing, oh and his Regis.
Old April 21st, 2013, 06:38 PM
Buizels
Unhatched Egg

Have you guys seen the eighth pokemon movie, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, well if not then stop reading now. I've seen the movie several times and I just wanted to get some things off my chest, WHY'D LUCARIO HAVE TO DIE?!? He was a freaking beast, he was at the pinnacle of awesomeness. When he sacrificed himself, I just couldn't help but feel angry and sad, why couldn't he have just lived?!? On a side note, ash encountered several legendary pokemon in that movie, dafuq was he thinking not trying to catch any of them?! I know he was concerned with the well being of pikachu, mew, and the tree, but come on he passed up a golden opportunity. Enough of that, back to the main subject. I just don't understand why Lucario had to die, ash and Lucario obviously had everything under control but Lucario had to be like sir Aaron and be a hero. I guess it was for the best though, the tree is stable, mew is safe, and now Lucario is with his mentor and best friend and he is happy. I guess all I'm trying to say is you will be and are missed Lucario, RIP
Old November 29th, 2013, 12:26 PM
Wobbu
Yee

Did anyone else really like Ash's team? I liked how different everyone was and how often we got to see them out of their Poké Balls. Torkoal and Corphish were my two favorites because they are always making me laugh. Grovyle/Sceptile, Swellow, and Pikachu were good at battling and they each had different strengths and weaknesses from one another. I haven't saw a lot of Glalie yet so I'm indifferent. I'm starting the Battle Frontier soon and I'm looking forward to seeing how Ash's team will improve.
Old November 29th, 2013, 05:41 PM
White Raven

Nature: Bold
Send a message via Skype™ to White Raven
Omg favourite series!!!! I love the notion of contests at that time.
Old December 10th, 2013, 05:31 PM
Wobbu
Yee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeannes.Thinkin View Post
Omg favourite series!!!! I love the notion of contests at that time.^_^
I used to dislike the contests in the anime because I used to prefer regular battling over the neat performances -_- Now I really enjoy them, after realizing how important they are for character development and networking (the pretty attacks are cool too). Speaking of contests, what does everyone think about Harley? Do you love him or hate him? I didn't like him at first because he seemed too happy, but now I think he's really entertaining after finding out how deceptive he is (the Cacturne outfit is strangely cool, too). I just don't get how May continuously falls for his tricks...
Old February 23rd, 2014, 11:31 AM
MIAU
Community Supporter

Nature: Quiet
Well, after his first appearance, I thought Harley was really obnoxious, but he grew so much on me during the series, that I somehow got to really like him and his crazy ways. His little vendetta against May is pretty entertaining, and I like how he's so weird and different, with his flashy outfit and way of talking. His contest performances are something else too, all his Pokemon are very scary in their appeals. Banette's horrifying smile while hitting itself with Thunder in the flames from Wil-O-Wisp, anyone?
Old February 25th, 2014, 02:40 AM
Wobbu
Yee

Quote:
Originally Posted by MIAU View Post
Well, after his first appearance, I thought Harley was really obnoxious, but he grew so much on me during the series, that I somehow got to really like him and his crazy ways. His little vendetta against May is pretty entertaining, and I like how he's so weird and different, with his flashy outfit and way of talking. His contest performances are something else too, all his Pokemon are very scary in their appeals. Banette's horrifying smile while hitting itself with Thunder in the flames from Wil-O-Wisp, anyone?
My favorite part about Harley was that he turned pretty contest battling into an eerie display of elegance. Using his Ariados to shoot web in organized patterns, having Cacture shoot spikes into shapes and characters on the floor. Harley takes pettiness and flamboyance to the max in the Pokémon Anime, which is what makes him unique. Lol at the episode when he dressed up like May just to spite her.
Old February 25th, 2014, 12:36 PM
precita

Harley was a great character from the start. While Drew started off a bit too much like a Gary clone (although he improves) Harley was just amazing from the beginning

May's development and interaction with her rivals was probably the best of any female lead in the series. As much as I liked dawn's development her rivals were just dull in comparison.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here