The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio

Notices

Hacks Studio Hacks Studio is the go-to destination for browsing our curated collection of ROM hacks, all made by PokéCommunity members! Patch, play and enjoy!
(Made a bit of progress on a ROM hack already? Post your projects in the Progressing Hacks forum!)
ROM Hacks are to subject to moderator approval before they are displayed.

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old September 3rd, 2010 (01:54 AM).
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Nature: Relaxed
To Spherical Ice: You should use Google to find a Fire Red 1635 Squirrels ROM so those glitches don't happen. Also something weird I probably have or have not mentioned. There's a sailor in Azure City saying that the gym is one of the town's attractions even though there isn't one there.
Old September 3rd, 2010 (12:26 PM).
Spherical Ice

Send a message via Skype™ to Spherical Ice
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicBlazePlatinum View Post
To Spherical Ice: You should use Google to find a Fire Red 1635 Squirrels ROM so those glitches don't happen. Also something weird I probably have or have not mentioned. There's a sailor in Azure City saying that the gym is one of the town's attractions even though there isn't one there.
What, so according to your first post I need 1638, in which I replied I have 1635, and now you're saying I need 1635. Also, I've already said, I'm not stupid.

Finally finished the beta, after having to use walkthrough walls to get out of Hazel Town's gym as after beating the leader, the electric wall came back. Apart from that and the other glitches, I'm pretty pleased with the outcome of Beta 2. Well done, Frostbite.
Old September 14th, 2010 (03:08 AM).
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

I probably wasn't aware of what ROM to use, but I knew it was a Squirrels ROM. Also when I played through the beta again it had no glitches so that is a good thing. I will see you guys later!
Old September 21st, 2010 (05:20 AM).
deets456
Uber Noob Wannabe Hacker

Nature: Naughty
I don't no why but when I go to a pokemart all the items are questions marks I'm using the rom u specified so I dont no why this is happening :s gr8 hack tho
Old October 7th, 2010 (03:19 AM).
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Yeah, maybe use the one Spherical Ice used? I'm not sure if it works too, but it is likely.
Old October 7th, 2010 (03:21 PM).
Rationale
Beginning Trainer

I didn't bother to check whether this was already reported but there's an error in the game.

I couldn't post the picture due to the lack of posts I have, but the error is that you can walk through one of the shelves in Professor's lab. The first one on the right.

Old October 8th, 2010 (01:51 AM).
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Nature: Timid
Although your Hack is well made and also gave me an original game-like feeling to me, there are a few glitches and some suggestions I have:

It's "What's up?", not "Whats up?".

It's "You're", not "Your".

It should be: Wow, Greenwood Town? That's a long way from here.

First of all, there is something wrong with the ground here, and in addition to that, you also made a grammar mistake.

It's "Were", not "We're".

To avoid confusion, I think that you should either Battle Girl (As far as I know, there's only one Battle Girl in this Hack, so she shouldn't be hard to find.) Yumi's name to a Japanese-like female name. I just thought of one: Yuka.

You could also try changing the little girl's name to Mya or any other unused female name.

It should be: After a hard day's work, I always Save my progress.

It should be: As you can see, Fire is the... (The rest of the sentence is grammatically correct.)
Old October 8th, 2010 (02:24 AM).
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

I think you are supposed to download a 1638 or 1635 Fire Red squirrels ROM so that water like thing doesn't appear in Scarlet Forest.
Old October 8th, 2010 (02:30 AM).
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
I think you are supposed to download a 1638 or 1635 Fire Red squirrels ROM so that water like thing doesn't appear in Scarlet Forest.
To be honest, I downloaded a Squrrels FR Rom.
And I don't know how this water-like glitch keeps appearing - over and over again!
Old October 8th, 2010 (03:40 PM).
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

Which Squirrels ROM number was it? I downloaded the 1635 Fire Red Squirrels ROM one and there was nothing wrong with it. Except for the Team Tundra Grunt blocking the way into Amethyst City, but you can get rid of him after battling Tundra Admin Royce in the Tundra Warehouse.
Old October 8th, 2010 (08:23 PM).
Sarcastic Prince
Starting anew...

Quote:
Which Squirrels ROM number was it?
I forgot. Oh, and by the way, have you battled the Tundra Grunt in the sewers (Where you have to fix the blackout problem.) with a Lv.49 Weezing?

I managed to beat him, but it was friggin' hard.
I have to use a Golem and an Alakazam to beat that guy.
Old October 11th, 2010 (10:16 AM).
tehb0ll0x
Wannabe Hacker

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to tehb0ll0x
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
It should be: As you can see, Fire is the... (The rest of the sentence is grammatically correct.)
The word "predominate" needs to be changed to "predominant", too.

...I should really make some friends around here so my signature isn't full of in-jokes nobody on the forum will get.

OH WELL LOL.

Old October 21st, 2010 (04:57 PM).
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

I didn't encounter a Level 49 Weezing. It depends on the ROM you download but oddly I think you downloaded the same Squirrels ROM I did but you got glitches. But beta 2 is still fun to play no matter what.
Old November 7th, 2010 (01:30 PM).
Omega Zero
Is back...
Community Supporter Tier 4

Send a message via Skype™ to Omega Zero
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarcastic Prince View Post
I forgot. Oh, and by the way, have you battled the Tundra Grunt in the sewers (Where you have to fix the blackout problem.) with a Lv.49 Weezing?

I managed to beat him, but it was friggin' hard.
I have to use a Golem and an Alakazam to beat that guy.
Haha! I had to battle that annoying thing to good thing i burned it.
Old November 9th, 2010 (02:56 PM).
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Frostbite Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frostbite
Hello, hello everybody. I've been honestly been disappointed by the Beta 2 release due to the amount of glitches everyone has been experiencing. I seem to have been at fault though. The culprit was the wrong ROM I patched the game on to (Fire Red ROMs have different versions...) Since then, I've found the original unedited ROM stored in a flashdrive I lost long ago. In short, all these current glitches will be gone in the next Beta release.

As for progress, there hasn't been much in the department of new content (ie. maps, cities, characters) but rather I've been focusing more on what I've already done and improving on it.

Updates:

Spoiler:

Thanks to a thread in the R&D section, the battle mechanics of the hack now run off the 4th gen standard. Attacks are now Physical or Special based on the move itself rather than its typing.

Older maps in the game have gotten a total revamp. This also means that the beginning of the game has been totally rescripted as well with new events and everything which brings me to the next update.

The Trainer opposite your gender will now play a role in the game as a rival, much like R/S/E. They will have the starter weak to yours since they aren't your main rival. That doesn't mean they won't be any less challenging to battle, however.

Official names of the protagonists of this hack are Brian for the male character, and Celeste for the female character.

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Pokémon: Azure Horizons
Old November 9th, 2010 (04:35 PM).
colcolstyles
Yours truly

Nature: Lonely
I'm sure the developers of the Special/Physical split project would appreciate some credit.

Brother of Vrai
Old November 10th, 2010 (05:32 AM).
Tropical Sunlight
The Faltine

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Tropical Sunlight
The first screenshot in the second line looks like Violet City.
But, yes, everything looks just great
Old November 13th, 2010 (10:48 PM).
zak
xpert trainer

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to zak
amazing hack man, just finished the current beta took me like 3 hours, keep up the good work :)
Old November 15th, 2010 (03:26 PM).
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

The new screenshots look interesting. I believe the picture with the gym is in Hazel Town since that town has a gym with lakes in it. Having the opposite gendered rival instead of the male one sounds better and more original too. I believe you're not gonna have the day and night feature?
Old December 13th, 2010 (10:04 AM).
2RandomStudios
Angry Jigglypuff

This is what I like to see; Hacks that don't rely on new graphics as their main feature. Of course it is important to have new graphics, scripts make a game. Hack of the year for the win!
Old December 18th, 2010 (01:12 AM).
XDragonRiderX
Inactive (I've grown out of Pokemon)

Nature: Serious
How do I pass the kid w/ the Slowpoke?

Old December 18th, 2010 (03:34 AM).
SonicBlazePlatinum
/)^3^(\
Community Supporter

You delivered the item you got from the Pokemart right? After that get the Running Shoes from your Bro. and then the guy with his Slowpoke will move out of the way.
Old December 19th, 2010 (09:32 AM).
AmanoYuki
Lover of the Unloved

Nature: Quiet
I've only just found this site (*through a link to this hack, believe it or not*), and I already believe this hack is gonna be AWESOME without even playing it!
Imma test it now, so keep up the good work, Frostbite! :D

Old December 22nd, 2010 (09:29 AM).
Ultima1
Pro Mapper

Keep going, this is gonna be an awesome hack once it's done. You may want to consider making all the pokemon catchable.

Old December 22nd, 2010 (05:56 PM).
Frostbite
Ace Trainer

Nature: Modest
Send a message via AIM to Frostbite Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Frostbite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultima1 View Post
You may want to consider making all the pokemon catchable.
Not too sure about that... like I said in the first post, a good majority of Pokémon up to the 3rd gen will be obtainable. The only Pokémon I'll leave out of the game are some Legendary Pokémon. The player will have to trade from other games if they want them that badly or just want to complete the Pokédex. I'm still disputing about the Kanto and Johto starters, but most likely the player would have to trade for those too.

As for the updates, I've been working on giving earlier areas a huge face lift while working on some completely new ones as well.

Spoiler:

Screenshots of Greenwood Town and Route 801 completely remade. There will be brand new events in these areas to reflect these changes.

I wasn't really happy with the old map of Azure City, so I gave it an update to make it feel more like an actual city and harbor too!

These are new areas which will be playable in Beta 3. Windward Forest and the Safari Zone in their respective order.

I was getting very sick of that ugly recolored default battle text box so I decided to make a completely new one. I'm really happy on how it came out.

Enjoy!

Azure Horizons 2014
---
[ Youtube ]

Pokémon: Azure Horizons
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links