Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion
Reload this Page "League Unleashed!" Review Thread

Notices
For all updates, view the main page.

Episode Discussion Whether you want to speculate about the upcoming episodes or reminisce about the episodes you watched years ago, Episode Discussion is your place for discussing, speculating, and reviewing all the Pokémon anime episodes.

Old November 27th, 2010 (04:59 AM).
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
Ash VS. Nando today! Also, don't miss Arceus and the Jewel of Life today at 11AM/10c.
Old November 27th, 2010 (05:30 AM).
Banned

Dub music? Damn. It's good to see Barry scared of God in this episode though. The battle itself was average really. Nothing too exciting.
Old November 27th, 2010 (10:29 AM).
The Lego Man

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fithboy Send a message via Yahoo to Fithboy
Did you see the guy at the very beginning just behind Nando?
Old November 27th, 2010 (10:52 AM).
It's Question Time!
Gold Tier

Nature: Calm
Send a message via Skype™ to AshPikastar
I love how Barry got spooked when he spotted Conway and then both where arguing that they were going to win the Sinnoh League and how Dawn just owned them.
Old November 27th, 2010 (01:59 PM).
Now stand up and begin
Gold Tier

That was funny...

I liked how Darkrai froze Barry's blood from inside it's pokéball (that's why it all went blue).

Aerial Ace on Quilava, something actually overcoming the normally match-ending sleep.....they've actually looked at the games for this one....

And that bit of fancy artwork at the end, with Darkrai looming ominously in the background? That looked cool.....needless to say, unlike the Indigo League and Ever Grande City tournament, I actually look forward to this....even though, like everyone else on the internet, I know the ending. I noticed how this is like Johto's league....more fuss is being made over it all. And it does promise us some epic battles like Charizard vs. Blastoise and Blaziken....
Old November 27th, 2010 (04:41 PM).
Banned

Quote originally posted by Fithboy:
Did you see the guy at the very beginning just behind Nando?
No. What was behind Nando?
Old November 27th, 2010 (07:56 PM).
The Lonely Physicist
Crystal Tier

Nature: Serious
I could swear I watched this one in Japanese, but I can't seem to recall half of what happened in the dub >__>

Anyways, the battle was pretty cool. And I always like seeing Conway and Barry lightening up the episode ^__^ both of them in the same episode made my day. Barry: "WTFDAWNWHYUNOLISINUB-Oh hey, Ash is battling!" You go Barry.

And if only Meowth could be that intelligent every day. Team Rocket (the trio) could have exceeded Team Rocket (the origanization) by now economically if the had dedicated their lives to some sort of business instead of pumping money on the mechas for catching Pikachu >__>

Notice: The Pokemon BW series never aired.

Dissenters will receive warm, slimy, totum corpus punishment
Old November 28th, 2010 (09:07 AM).
The Lego Man

Nature: Impish
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Fithboy Send a message via Yahoo to Fithboy
Quote originally posted by Vernikova:
No. What was behind Nando?
There was a guy and he looked really, really bored!
Old November 28th, 2010 (09:45 AM).
Banned

He must've been bored because Staraptor's battle was way too short and Quilava's battle was skipped over. What was the point of evolving Quilava and giving it a battle that was mostly skipped over? Heracross's battle was alright though.
Old November 29th, 2010 (06:20 PM).
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
Nice battle between Ash and Nando. And I like TR's marketing strategy, even though they got the booth farthest away from the action. That was quite unfortunate...

Oooh, a mysterious trainer with a Darkrai! This is going to be fun.

Conway is like a...ninja! He shows up everywhere!

Silly Ash! Do you know that Magical Leaf almost never misses its mark?

What?!?! Nando has an Armaldo? And we thought that him having a Lopunny was a surprise...

The most epic part of the Ash/Nando battle was the match up between Kricketune's Fury Cutter and Heracross's Focus Punch. That was fun and I think Nando liked it. Sleep Talk was a good strategy on Ash's part.

I wish that Nando didn't have to face Ash really soon. He is one of my favorite characters in the anime. It's too bad he had to be eliminated.

Looking forward to the future battles of the Sinnoh League!

8/10

Nando (elim.)
Ash
Barry
Paul
Conway
Mysterious Trainer with a Darkrai

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Old November 29th, 2010 (11:01 PM).

Watching the japanese episodes... it gets better from here on out.

This was good, but not great. It will get better
Old November 30th, 2010 (07:43 AM).
just a guy
CS

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
Yeah, after this the Sinnoh League begins to build up. I admit the starting battle between Ash and Nando could have been manipulated a lot better.

Still, I feel as though I enjoyed this episode more in the dub than I did in Japanese.

Funniest moment was Barry and Conway having their little spat, I agree. XD;
Old December 6th, 2010 (04:11 AM).
Banned

Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, November 27, 2010 Cable Networks only (Live + SD Data):
Source: Disney Research from Nielsen Media Research Data
NICKELODEON
3.5/19 Avg. (7a-1p)
Jimmy Neutron 1.6/20; Jimmy Neutron 1.8/19; Fairly OddParents 2.9/24; Fairly OddParents 3.6/22; SpongeBob SquarePants 4.1/22; SpongeBob SquarePants 5.8/27; T.U.F.F. Puppy 5.1/22; T.U.F.F. Puppy 4.4/19; Penguins of Madagascar 3.6/16; Planet Sheen 2.6/12; Victorious 2.9/13; Victorious 3.3/15
DISNEY CHANNEL
2.7/15 Avg. (7a-1p)
Handy Manny 1.5/20; Special Agent Oso 1.4/16; Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 1.7/14; Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 1.8/11; Phineas and Ferb 2.1/11; Phineas and Ferb 2.9/13; Phineas and Ferb 3.5/15; Fish Hooks 3.4/15; Suite Life On Deck 3.5/15; Suite Life On Deck 3.7/17; Wizards of Waverly Place 3.3/15; Wizards of Waverly Place 3.5/16
CARTOON NETWORK
1.2/6 Avg. (7a-1p)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 0.9/12; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.1/12; Pokemon: DP Sinnoh League 1.1/9; Sym-Bionic Titan 1.3/8; Generator Rex 1.4/8; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.0/4; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 0.8/3; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 1.0/4; Pokemon Movie 12 - Arceus and the Jewel of Life (1x120) 1.3/6
DISNEY XD
0.5/3 Avg. (7a-1p)
Kick Buttowski Shorts (1x15) 0.3/4; Kick Buttowski 0.4/4; Phineas and Ferb 0.6/5; Kick Buttowski 0.8/5; Pair of Kings 1.1/6; Avengers: EMH 0.3/1; Kid vs. Kat 0.2/1; Jimmy Two Shoes 0.2/1; Kick Buttowski 0.2/1; Kick Buttowski 0.4/2; Kick Buttowski 0.6/3; Kick Buttowski 0.5/2
Old December 26th, 2010 (12:02 PM).
What do I put here?
Gold Tier

The best parts of this episode were the interactions between Barry, Conway, and Dawn. Gwah, those 3 along with Paul would make for a great show XD

- Ash couldn't figure out a strategy for himself >__>
- Good for Dawn noticing Lopunny
- Hehehe, Paul
- Paul: YOU BET RIGHT.
Wow, yelling o.o
- Pathetic XD
- BARRY
- No fine? o.O
- Conway too?? :DD
- Conway: I can answer any question you can make up...
so creepy XD It sorta makes me think of the geek way of saying "I can be anything you want me to be" XDD
- Barry talking about Takuto the Darkari trainer* no one said that sort of trainer would be here, someone deserves a fine!
TOO TRUE, BARRY! He was a cheat :(
- Everyone ignoring Barry XD And then he realises why XD "oh, whaddaya know, Ash is having a battle" he sounds so cute XD
- Oh wow, I love how Barry actually managed to screech when he said "I'M going to win!"
Dawn: Will you boys settle down?
Barry: Uhhh, yes ma'am
LOL. Conway's "heh heh" at Barry was the icing on the cake XD
- Huh, I remember whena Pokemon falling asleep meant that battle ended in the anime
- Conway: That's Sleep Talk. Even though a Pokemon's asleep, it will randomly use one of its moves *glasses brighten* Heh heh omg, he made that so creepy o.o

Music kept: (3)

TR Sneaking theme
Route 212
GS Opening theme

I was expecting them to keep more music for the league o.o
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

You may also like.. (Beta)