The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 24th, 2010, 09:37 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Nature: Sassy
Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
Yeah, I've done Rocket. Don't know when, but I have a list for them. If you can do Galactic, then I'll do both Aqua and Magma and we'll combine our lists!
Old December 25th, 2010, 05:33 AM
Porygon Z
718!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Porygon Z
An idea for a sweet challenge!

No Trainers challenge.

1- You can't challenge most of the trainers.
2- Only Gym trainers and unavoidable trainers are allowed.
3- All Trick House trainers are allowed.
4- If a trainers is hard to avoid, you must save before him, then try to avoid him until you do it.
5- No Vs. Seeker or rematches.
6- Hacking is allowed.
7- The challenge ends in a certain way for any specific game.

a) G/R/B/Y: After you catch/defeat Mewtwo.
b) G/S/C: After you defeat Red.
c) R/S: After you catch/defeat Rayquaza.
d) E: After you defeat Steven in Meteor Falls.
e) D/P: After you defeat Pokèmon League.
f) Pt: After you defeat the Pokèmon League (twice), and complete the aftergame story.
g) HG/SS: After you defeat Red (once) and Pokèmon League (twice).
h) B/W: After you defeat the Pokèmon League (twice) and Cynthia in Sazanami Town.
j) Colosseum: Purify all 48 Shadow Pokèmon, and defeat the main story.
k) XD: Purify all 83 Shadow Pokèmon and defeat the main story.

I didn't played Colosseum/XD, and I don't know the main story and stuff, so if anyone helps me I would be grateful.

And, what do you say about this challenge?

Emblems awarded so far

Owner of Tri-Species Challenge, Version 3.0
Old December 25th, 2010, 07:38 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Meh, it's not too hard because you can still just grind on wild Pokemon. But, if you take that out, then it becomes some other challenge that we had somewhere at sometime that nobody liked (I don't think). Also, I would take out purify all 48 Pokemon and just stick to beating the story mode.

The final boss in Colosseum is Evice. I'm not sure about XD, though.
Old December 25th, 2010, 08:34 AM
Antebellum
One Word Extinguisher
Community Supporter

Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Antebellum
I'll add on to myrrhman's post by saying that nearly every trainer in plot advancing areas of Pokemon Colosseum and XD are impossible to avoid.
This challenge doesn't really sound too interesting and seems like a lot of work, building up to nothing.
Also, Greevil is the boss of Cipher in XD, Myrrh.

paired to kaori & vrai
Old December 25th, 2010, 12:10 PM
560cool.
Probably back.

Nature: Relaxed
I don't know what to say about the no-trainer challenge... it sounds OK, but the finishing requirements are a bit too high, as I'm used to the normal "beat champion" thing. I guess it's just me, but...

Well, anyways, merry Christmas guys and I hope you got what you wanted, cause I didn't. It was one of the worst Christmases (lol) in my life, and I never got that new iPod Touch and I only got chocolate, books, and clothes. Yeah, like stuff that your family wants to buy and uses Christmas as an excuse... lol.

Old December 25th, 2010, 12:24 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Quote:
Originally Posted by 560cool. View Post
I don't know what to say about the no-trainer challenge... it sounds OK, but the finishing requirements are a bit too high, as I'm used to the normal "beat champion" thing. I guess it's just me, but...

Well, anyways, merry Christmas guys and I hope you got what you wanted, cause I didn't. It was one of the worst Christmases (lol) in my life, and I never got that new iPod Touch and I only got chocolate, books, and clothes. Yeah, like stuff that your family wants to buy and uses Christmas as an excuse... lol.
The beginning of my Christmas was about the same. I got battery powered socks, 2 pairs of shoes when I have perfectly good ones right now, and a board game from my parents. A board game that I ALREADY HAD.

As for the finishing requirements, they're not all that different. I mean, beat Mewtwo/Raquaza is easy enough, you're at a good enough level if you beat the elite four. As for Steven/Cynthia; I remember Steven wasn't that bad when I beat him in emerald. Can't imagine Cynthia would be ridiculous after you beat the elite four, which is at some ridiculous level like 70's or something.
Old December 25th, 2010, 12:56 PM
560cool.
Probably back.

Myrrh, I could also do your new "siggy"... I just need to know where the heck are the monotypes. I only see Duo and Trio with many types lined there.

just so crammed... redsaber's FAULTDEATH2TROLLSASD

Um, yeah, not to mention the two pj's I got from my grandma. "They fit perfectly !". Of course they do... And I ate my After Eight chocolate in 20 minutes... just to be shouted at...

I had a horrible Christmas...

Old December 25th, 2010, 06:12 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

It is quite confusing, 560. Monotypes is actually the big orange section. For duo and trio challenges, I was only supposed to beat it once on Kanto, once on Johto, once on Hoenn, and once on Sinnoh.
Old December 25th, 2010, 09:00 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Nature: Timid
Don't like the idea of no trainers, especially for Colo/XD. You can't avoid many, plus in Colosseum, there's no wild Pokemon to grind levels, so you'd fail miserably. XD at least has wild Pokemon, but still.

And hey. I got a crock pot for COOKING and GPS. OH BOY. But I also got some games and some nice clothes. No complaints. Cept my step dad was being a douche all day. He's just mad that his football team sucks and that if they win this championship, he'll have to wait another 50 years til they do it again. :D As for Alabama...give it a couple of years and we'll be sayin' 14, baby. /lol football
Old December 25th, 2010, 10:50 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydian View Post
Don't like the idea of no trainers, especially for Colo/XD. You can't avoid many, plus in Colosseum, there's no wild Pokemon to grind levels, so you'd fail miserably. XD at least has wild Pokemon, but still.

And hey. I got a crock pot for COOKING and GPS. OH BOY. But I also got some games and some nice clothes. No complaints. Cept my step dad was being a douche all day. He's just mad that his football team sucks and that if they win this championship, he'll have to wait another 50 years til they do it again. :D As for Alabama...give it a couple of years and we'll be sayin' 14, baby. /lol football
What team, Auburn? That sounds like UT! 1951 and then 1998... I think it will be a real CHALLENGE for Oregon to stop Cam.
Old December 26th, 2010, 03:01 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

Oh, I also asked for LEGO HP 1-4 on my PSP, but I got HP : The Deathly Hallows for the Wii. I really should be there when my presents get bought...

Also, here's what I found, if you guys want a CHALLENGE : http://foddy.net/Athletics.html

Old December 26th, 2010, 08:30 AM
Antebellum
One Word Extinguisher
Community Supporter

A real challenge is to try going a full day without posting any trollfaces or stuff from the Nuzlocke forums ;D

paired to kaori & vrai
Old December 26th, 2010, 09:08 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpman View Post
A real challenge is to try going a full day without posting any trollfaces or stuff from the Nuzlocke forums ;D
Nah, that's too hard. I did post my trollface for today ; another Santa trollface. (:
Anybody tried the game I posted ? I'm really curious what you guys can do. I ran more backwards than forward, so yeah. <_>

Old December 26th, 2010, 12:26 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

doesn't look too hard, all i have to do is break 100 M?

got 96.6.... bleh, don't have enough in me to try again.

Last edited by myrrhman; December 26th, 2010 at 12:41 PM.
Old December 26th, 2010, 01:02 PM
The Lord of Smug

Nature: Hasty
Christmas was great for me. Got a Kindle ^_^. And Pokemon XD, now I can finally participate in the XD related challenges. (yeah it took me this long.)
Old December 26th, 2010, 01:06 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Whuzza kindle?

I did get a gamestop giftcard that I can buy more Pokemon games with, so I can do more Challenges.
Old December 26th, 2010, 01:11 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
I suppose christmas was good for me. I got another copy of LittleBig Planet, which I had lost for about a year... I got a copy of FireRed, but something's wrong with it... my Save Files keep deleting themselves. It's happened twice now.

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Old December 26th, 2010, 06:05 PM
Jak
mother of challenges

Quote:
What team, Auburn? That sounds like UT! 1951 and then 1998... I think it will be a real CHALLENGE for Oregon to stop Cam.
CLAM Newton. SCAM Newton. Duck Auburn. :) My uncle said he wouldn't root for Auburn even if they were playin against Saddam Hussein. lmao

Quote:
Whuzza kindle?

I did get a gamestop giftcard that I can buy more Pokemon games with, so I can do more Challenges
Some reading thing iirc. And I got some GameStop discount cards. Definitely handy for Black and White. :) Also forgot to mention, I got a FANTASTIC pink WiiMote that's manly as all hell, and I'll be a real badass playing Goldeneye 007 with it.

I worked on my favorite challenge yesterday, but the funny thing is that it took me a while to remember what I was doing. I guess I forgot I was doing challenge? ._.
Old December 26th, 2010, 06:45 PM
Antebellum
One Word Extinguisher
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
That post would be GOLDEN, if you reversed it, hun. As great a player as newton is, and as much as I hate Oregon, not to mention the fact that they play in the skin and bones pac-10, the Oregon Ducks offense is a looser cannon then syd, packed with 80 tons of dynamite, while on Performance Enhancing Drugs.

paired to kaori & vrai
Old December 26th, 2010, 10:08 PM
InfernoRogue
Similar Creatures.

Nature: Hardy
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
Yeah, I've done Rocket. Don't know when, but I have a list for them. If you can do Galactic, then I'll do both Aqua and Magma and we'll combine our lists!
Okay, I'll get on it then. c:

Not even one person wanted to try the Personality Challenge? Not one?

Challenge ForumCompleted Challenges List ♠ Current Challenges: #swablunest
"I am a dying breed, laying it all on the line. Don't wanna mess with me, at any place or time.
We are a dying breed, laying it all on the line. Don't wanna mess with the similar creatures kind."
Old December 26th, 2010, 11:10 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoRogue View Post

Okay, I'll get on it then. c:

Not even one person wanted to try the Personality Challenge? Not one?
I'll get around to it eventually. Be patient.

I actually like Oregon, despite them handing UT's butts to them on a silver platter. They were my third favorite team behind UT and Hawaii (because back then they were called the rainbow warriors, and how funny is that?) throughout my childhood, because I loved their colors. And that they were ducks. Now I love that they have like hundreds of combinations of uniforms they can wear. So ridic.

And now back on topic. Can someone give WeigtyWillBill (I think that's who it is, apologies if I'm wrong) a kick in the butt and tell him to update his revived triospecies challenge? I run/co-run 3 pretty big ones, and I know how much of a pain it is to have to update a bunch of stuff, and he's getting close to a month since last update.
Old December 28th, 2010, 12:02 AM
Hallylicious
アラン

I like the idea of a run using the same type of animal,
i.e
a mouse
so the pokemon you could use would be:
- Marill
- Raichu
- Raticate
- Sandlash
ect

Completed Challenges
R/S/E Monotype Challenge! Psychic
The Username Letter Challenge.
Old December 28th, 2010, 03:44 AM
Mistyblu
Togepi

Here's an idea for a challenge: The TM challenge

you post how many pokemon you want and people give you random numbers (courtesy of a random generator with a range, like this http://www.randomizer.org/form.htm) that correspond to the game's TM list. You then have to choose pokemon that can learn a corresponding TM and they have to use that TM for that pokemon.

Example:

Game: Heart Gold
Number of pokemon wanted: 4

Next poster gives you 23, 50, 3, 13

An example team would then be:
23- Azumarill (Iron Tail)
50- Arcanine (Overheat)
03- Ambipom (Water Pulse)
13- Nidoqueen (Ice Beam)

As for really hard to get ones like Battle Frontier TMs, maybe they can just be hacked but only after beating the final gym or something?

-----

Another idea is maybe a mode that includes HMs when you get a 'free-for-all' TM like Hidden Power or Return (maybe renamed to TM/HM Challenge?). Say the random generator outputs 13, 21, 15, 10. Since 21 is Frustration and 10 is Hidden Power, the member has to do generate 2 more numbers for HMs, so for example they get 1 and 4- they have to get a pokemon who learns Cut and one that learns Strength instead. Could be a bit more effort/complicated for lazy members though?

Last edited by Mistyblu; December 28th, 2010 at 03:54 AM.
Old December 28th, 2010, 08:57 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God

We've tried animals before. It died last time, but you can feel free to try again.

As for the TM/HM challenge, seems sort of pointlessly easy. If you wanted, the only restrictions would be you could only use three moves (if you don't want to use your TM/HM, you could just teach it to your Pokemon and not ever use it), and that your team is limited to Pokemon that can learn a certain TM. For a lot of them, like Ice Beam, Thunder, etc., there are a ton of Pokemon that can learn said TMs. So your team wouldn't be that limited. I vote no.
Old December 28th, 2010, 09:24 AM
Jak
mother of challenges

Quote:
I actually like Oregon, despite them handing UT's butts to them on a silver platter. They were my third favorite team behind UT and Hawaii (because back then they were called the rainbow warriors, and how funny is that?) throughout my childhood, because I loved their colors. And that they were ducks. Now I love that they have like hundreds of combinations of uniforms they can wear. So ridic.
I just want them to shut Auburn up. That is my dream. I got a houndstooth fedora today as a secret Santa gift between me and my sister, btw. I ended up opening the present with popcorn and a McDonalds card and she got the hat originally. Then my mom left the room and she was like "here you like hats more than me" lol

TM/HM challenge sounds pretty cool I guess, but...eh idk. Nothing I'd bother with. Doesn't have...oomph. I guess that's the sound effect word I'm looking for. Cause it's not that challenging if you get good TMs like 26, 35, and 24. Now, if you got 92, 12, and 2 or something...lol. Just examples though.

Animal challenge has been done to death, but feel free to send in another for approval I guess. They always die. :(

Quote:
And now back on topic. Can someone give WeigtyWillBill (I think that's who it is, apologies if I'm wrong) a kick in the butt and tell him to update his revived triospecies challenge? I run/co-run 3 pretty big ones, and I know how much of a pain it is to have to update a bunch of stuff, and he's getting close to a month since last update.
This is why I just make a list of Champions for the challenges I host and tell people to VM me when they finish. It's too much for me to keep checking a thread for sign ups. I already have enough things to do and I don't feel like keeping up with all the people participating and who drops out and what not. v_v I just make sure people are signing up correctly.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links