The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Creative Discussions > Game Development > Progressing Games

Notices

Progressing Games All game threads go in this forum. Come and check out the games in development, or make a thread for your own. Constructive criticism is welcome!
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old December 24th, 2010, 12:50 AM
the_shadow_maker
Intermediate game maker

Nature: Bold
you could do some based on a cow, there's never enough cow pokemon in games.

Last edited by the_shadow_maker; December 24th, 2010 at 12:51 AM. Reason: typo
Old December 24th, 2010, 03:23 AM
DarkDoom3000
The Creator

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to DarkDoom3000
^ A turos/miltank pre-evolve that evolves into one of em depending on gender.
Old December 30th, 2010, 04:55 PM
Ęℓαчиıı
No one cares. Why bother.

I'll see what I can do about the cow/bull!

I must say, this game is being revamped as well. I'm a very picky person and if it doesn't look right, I'll keep changing it until it looks right.. and if it doesn't, I won't add it. The starter Fakémon are in the process of being sprited and will be fully revealed to you once they are completed! The heroine overworld is completed as well, many thanks to Hamish! Now, here is a small list of things I am hoping to accomplish sooner or later;
  • Re-design the hero/heroine. Their attire/overall appearance is too bland.
  • All old maps are being redone/revamped to look better.
  • The tileset is being improved/highly modified.
  • New maps are also being created/worked on.
  • Work on Rival and Gym Leader sprites.
  • Arrange custom music... or try too.
  • More to come, but, that's all for now.
Old December 31st, 2010, 05:02 PM
Geeked
Pokemon Crimson Version

Looks promising. I suggest not mixing gba graphics with ds. It's unrealistic to walk into a house looking like FR then walk out into D/P or HGSS graphics.
Old February 17th, 2011, 04:31 AM
hatake_kakashi
I am a Copy-Pokemon!

Nature: Lonely
i got some fakemon ideas scribbled in my notebook, i'm kinda thinking of including them in my own game but i decided i'mma stick with pokemon..

by the way, good luck with this one.. i really find this interesting.. the silhouettes of the starters makes me very curious every time i look at it.. hehe, hope to see them soon and some more screens..

My Own:

Old February 17th, 2011, 06:01 PM
dewm3734
Beginning Trainer

Wow! This looks amazing, great graphics. Story sounds pretty epic too.
fakemon ideas: A lion with a fiery mane? That would be sooo awesome.

Last edited by dewm3734; February 17th, 2011 at 06:02 PM. Reason: missed a be :)
Old February 18th, 2011, 02:10 AM
Invokez
Formerly Known as SytheXP

You have CNG as a scripter.... Pics look promising, and the story is intriguing I will definately watch as this progresses.
Old February 18th, 2011, 06:30 PM
hatake_kakashi
I am a Copy-Pokemon!

after some diggin', finally found my old notebook.. hehe, should i pm you or post it here? i guess i'm gonna just pm you.. :D

My Own:

Old February 19th, 2011, 02:54 AM
carmaniac
Where the pickle surprise at?

Nature: Relaxed
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatake_kakashi View Post
after some diggin', finally found my old notebook.. hehe, should i pm you or post it here? i guess i'm gonna just pm you.. :D
Don't think she is going to noticed when she was last online in December XD.

Pokémon: Lost Souls.

Developed by Carmaniac.
Old February 19th, 2011, 06:04 PM
hatake_kakashi
I am a Copy-Pokemon!

yeah, i just noticed XD.. that's what you get when you're not reading thoroughly XD

My Own:

Old March 15th, 2011, 09:57 AM
Ęℓαчиıı

THIS GAME IS NOW BACK IN ACTION!

Sorry for the obnoxious Caps Lock, but, I'm quite excited to start working on this again. Now that my exams are over and all of my classes have calmed down, I've got quite a but of free time on my hands now. However, I do have a small announcement to make; the game is being worked on from the start. My computer died on me, so, all of my work is gone. This does give me a chance to start from scratch! In celebration of this, I have created a new logo for this game. And yes, I am aware that I went a little overboard... I was having fun. :D

First and foremost, the introduction is being completely revamped and edited. I am currently working on the Prof.'s Assistant sprite, Eve. She is the one who introduces you to the world of Pokémon!

Secondly, I am revamping the overall story, since it isn't clearly stated in the actual story on the first page. Also, I'd like to welcome Cilebra to the team as a spriter! However, I am still looking for a mapper as Hamish is too busy with his own personal business.

Finally, I'd like to thank all of the suggestions and support this game has gotten while I have been away. It makes me quite happy to see! I will be getting back to all of you with your suggestions! :D

Once again, thank you all!
Old March 18th, 2011, 10:38 AM
Nero_Noir
I like bears!

Nature: Jolly
i love the new logo :D cant wait to see more updates!

Old March 18th, 2011, 11:01 AM
flamemaster
No school like the old school

Nature: Impish
Elaynii, how did you make that logo 0.0 ITS AMAZING!!! great work.
Old March 19th, 2011, 01:21 PM
Ęℓαчиıı

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nero_Noir View Post
i love the new logo :D cant wait to see more updates!
Thanks! n_n

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamemaster View Post
Elaynii, how did you make that logo 0.0 ITS AMAZING!!! great work.
I made it in Photoshop. o3o
If you want, I can make you one. :3 Just send me a private message.

As for some of the wonderful Fakémon suggestions! <3

I've got a small page full which I'll be posting on deviantART soon. Once they're posted there, they shall be done here as well. I'd also like to give a big thanks to <~.F.M.P.~>, Cilebra, and Hourglasshero for putting up with me on MSN. Thanks guys, you've got no idea how much that means to me. n_n
Old March 19th, 2011, 01:34 PM
flamemaster

sweet, i will pm you sometime. anyways keep up the good work can't wait till you reaveal fakemon, i've been waiting to see the starters for ever.
flamemaster~
Old March 20th, 2011, 07:41 PM
Ęℓαчиıı

Okay guys!

As promised, I have now posted my sketches on deviantART. Now, I shall post them here! Feel free to keep making suggestions! :D

Spoiler:

They are, in order from top to bottom..

Miltank/Tarus Pre-Evolution - Normal
Chibaki - Ghost/Fire
Unnamed - Bug/Dragon ( Redesign )
Zaphin - Water/Electric
Colire - Fire/Rock
Drimole - Ground
Furion - Poison/Fight ( Yes, it's an onion )
Pyrahoul - Dark/Ghost
Trapgon - Normal/Dragon
Bareon - Ghost Eeveelution

Oh, and in the coming days, I shall be revealing the starters! :D Here is a small in-game shot of what I have. And no, I am NOT mixing 4th generation characters with 3rd generation tiles. All of the tiles are merely placeholders until I get my tileset put together.

Old March 20th, 2011, 08:57 PM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Nature: Brave
In love with the banner.. want font did you use?
And most of your sketches look really neat..
Old March 21st, 2011, 01:34 PM
Ęℓαчиıı

Haha, thanks. n_n
The font is "Rexlia", and I'm glad you like the sketches.
Old March 22nd, 2011, 01:27 AM
ProdigyX
Trainer

Nature: Brave
Thanks man for the font look neat, gonna be using it in a school assignment hehe...
Anyway is there any chance you can also tell me the pattern overlay you used for this?
If you wanna keep it private i understand dw.. but ill very much appreciate it..
Anyway great luck with project looking great, and looking forward for updates.
Old March 30th, 2011, 01:32 PM
Ęℓαчиıı

@ProdigyX - I've got no set one. I just pick on that looks nice; it's in the default patterns, I believe.

General Update

Okay all, thanks to Kuroda-Taiki of deviantART, I now have a sprite for the rival of this game! I'd like you all to meet Flaire!

Flaire is daughter of the professor's assistant, and she's quite the character. She's very rude, and she considers all those around her trash. She doesn't care for much, or you, for that matter. The only thing that matters to her is her beloved Pokémon, Lavapho. As her name suggests, she is a fire-type enthusiast and she will pick the fire starter, Lavapho, regardless of what you pick. Flaire can be very shady at times, which tends to rouse many suspicions.

NOTE: Since I'm too lazy to upload the sprite itself to Photobucket, I'll update the main post later on.
Old April 4th, 2011, 11:25 PM
Ęℓαчиıı

Hey there, guys!

I must say, I am quite proud of the support that this game has gotten! You all have given me the inspiration back I once lost! In return, I hope to make a promising, and very exciting game! The starter Fakémon are, still, in the process of being sprited; however, I've kept you all in the shadows enough! I'll reveal them on the next major update, I promise.

Now, here is a small list of things I HAVE completed.

• All old maps have been redone.
  • The tileset has been improved/highly modified.
  • New maps have been created/worked on.
  • The rival has been mostly completed. (The sprite, mug plus the sequence, and the music have all been done. All that's left is the overworld.)

Now, here's a list of things to come.

• Custom Battle System ( I've been playing with mock-ups for a while; none seem to please me. And no, I'm not going with the Black/White battle system.)
  • Unique Gyms and Gym Leaders ( Gym Leaders, for the most part, will stay in their Gyms. There are some where you may need to travel around to look for them. You will be rewarded for seeking them out, so, it won't be a waste.)
  • Elite Four ( There is no room for the Elite Four anymore. These members are spread far and wide throughout the region. You must look for clues from the citizens and take in their type affinity. Some members are obvious, and will be in obvious locations. Others, not so much.)
  • Fakémon Sprites
I'd like to thank you all for staying with me on this! Keep those Fakémon suggestions comin' I could use some inspiration.

Last edited by Ęℓαчиıı; April 16th, 2011 at 08:04 PM.
Old April 19th, 2011, 03:05 PM
thepsynergist
A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region

Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
This game looks amazing, I can't wait until this game is complete. Keep up the good work. The Fakemon are also really great. It's nice to see Fakemon that are of really good design.

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/thepsynergist
Old April 22nd, 2011, 11:24 PM
Ęℓαчиıı

Thanks, Psy!
That means a lot to me~

Minor update this time guys, the next one will probably be a major as I'm getting some things in place and prepared for the debut of many characters. As per usual, I'll be listing the things that have been implimented first and those to come will be listed last.

UPDATE

• Ben. is in the process of spriting the heroine and the rival's overworld!
• Dewitty has also kindly offered to sprite two of the starters. Keep an eye out, you know they're going to be awesome!
• The first two Gym Leaders have been fully evented and are ready to be battled!

Oh, and thanks to NikNaks, this game now has it's region map completed~!
Say hello to the Armonia region!

Now, here's a list of things to come.

• Custom Battle System ( I've been playing with mock-ups for a while; none seem to please me. And no, I'm not going with the Black/White battle system.)
• Unique Gyms and Gym Leaders ( Gym Leaders, for the most part, will stay in their Gyms. There are some where you may need to travel around to look for them. You will be rewarded for seeking them out, so, it won't be a waste.)
• Elite Four ( There is no room for the Elite Four anymore. These members are spread far and wide throughout the region. You must look for clues from the citizens and take in their type affinity. Some members are obvious, and will be in obvious locations. Others, not so much.)
• Fakémon Sprites

Electric and Grass Fakémon suggestions are going to be highly appreciated. I.. have none.
Old April 23rd, 2011, 12:33 AM
thepsynergist
A Gym Leader, Kyushu Region

Send a message via Yahoo to thepsynergist Send a message via Skype™ to thepsynergist
For grass pokemon, there haven't been any melon based Pokemon, or fruit in general. Closest we got was Tropius, but he's more of a dinosaur. Maybe make a Pokemon that starts out as grapes and evolves into wine, or a Pokemon that starts out as a kiwi and evolve into horned fruit. I dunno. Try that.

For electric, I don't think anyone has come up with the idea of an electric eel. It could be water/electric.

My Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/thepsynergist
Old April 23rd, 2011, 02:58 AM
flamemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepsynergist View Post
For grass pokemon, there haven't been any melon based Pokemon, or fruit in general. Closest we got was Tropius, but he's more of a dinosaur. Maybe make a Pokemon that starts out as grapes and evolves into wine, or a Pokemon that starts out as a kiwi and evolve into horned fruit. I dunno. Try that.

For electric, I don't think anyone has come up with the idea of an electric eel. It could be water/electric.
i agree with psy, you should make fruit pokemon, i have an idea for one, basicly you have a little pokemon, who's eye's are showing through the fruit, and its evolution has its head outside the fruit, but the main body is still inside.

as for electric, an electric eel, has already been done, not just as a fakemon, but as a real pokemon, in bw. but i have no idea's right now. peace.
flamemaster~
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links