• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

Project: Communitydex

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
ooh lovin the concepts/names for the bambear line. might have to get some sketches goin.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
Years
I feel like I was ignored... T.T

Did someone mention fighting Pokémon?

Bunpaw.png

Name: Bunpaw
Etymology: Bunny+paw
Species: Rabbit
Class: The Big Paw Pokémon
Type/s: Fighting
Pokédex Entry: This Pokémon's large paws act as boxing gloves. It loves to play-fight with other Pokémon to prove its strength.
Ability/ies: Guts/Limber
Description: 1st stage fighting rabbit

Jackapaw.png

Name: Jackapaw
Etymology: Jackalope+paw
Species: Jackalope
Class: The Punching Pokémon
Type/s: Fighting
Pokédex Entry: Jackapaw spends most of its time practicing punches. Fallen trees and broken boulders are common signs of its training.
Ability/ies: Guts/Limber
Description: Evolution of Bunpaw

Any comments at all? I want to make sure they look good before Ice comes back.

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
@blackmoonflower

IMO the sprites are good, just that the dithering on bunpaw's belly seems awkward (as in not curved enough) and the shading on Jackapaw's left leg (our right) makes his leg look weird as in bent in the wrong way.

Other than that it looks great. :)

great.png

I tried revamping my gsc sprites. The Wombat's evo (prehistoric wombat called Diprotodon )
And the two Kangeroo-Lemurs or whatever I was going for at the time. I need a little help with shading.

Name Diprokun, Fisey, and Flaroo (I know they suck...)

I also think this hasn't been given enough attention? These are realy good IMO.

Last edited:

blackmoonflower

Years
Dithering is not my specialty. >.> And I was using Dageki as reference, but I tried fixing those problems.

Bunpaw-1.png

Jackapaw-1.png

As for Poketta's, the fur ends on the rear and its front right arm (our left) look odd to me on the wombat. Fisey doesn't look like it has enough contrast between colors, same with Flaroo, but I'm rather fond of how the latter looks. :)

EDIT: photobucket takes forever to update new pics..... -.-

tnguye3

Very, very, very lazy spriter.
Years
@blackmoonflower

Yeah I agree with what you said about Poketta's sprites. I also prefer his GCS version of Fisey as it looks cuter imo. ^^
Anyways, about your sprites I also realised you do a lot of dotting especially on your Jackapaw. His paws and feet have this unfinished feel of outline on him but that's just my opinion. ^^

Anyways what's Dageki? O_o
The one I know is an online Polish shop selling Japanese goods.... xD

Years
Continuing work on that vampire flamingo (Vamingo?). I think it's turning out nicely.

149uxyv.png

Also I thought I would throw out this other sprite I'd fiddling with even though it's not based on anyone's ideas. I'd thought I'd make some kind of ghostly seed, or something, one that could evolve into some kind of ghostly tree. Or maybe a shrubbery.

11skqwn.png

Anyways what's Dageki? O_o
The one I know is an online Polish shop selling Japanese goods.... xD
Dageki's one of the new Gen V pokemon.

blackmoonflower

Years
Those look really nice, Scarf. :) I especially like the ghost seed. It looks adorable. xD

Okay so, comparison.

Jackapaw-1.png

Jackapaw2.png

Which is better?

Years
BW Sprites seem to have more contrasting shades and more darker outlines from what I can tell. O_O
Anyways:

Name: Bambear
Type: Fighting
Pokedex: Bambear is constantly training itself in the wild to become stronger, it is also a popular pokemon, because of its appearance.
Abilities: Guts
Description: A cute, small panda with a belt on.
EDIT: Removed highlights
picture.php

My smallest sprite ever made!!! Woooot!
.................and prolly my worst, lol... xD

Anyways, feel free to pimp it.
Addedededed!

Name: Azula
Etymology: Azul is blue is spanish.
Species: Blue Jay
Class: Sleek Feather
Type/s: Normal/Flying
Pokédex Entry: Azula love to glide across ponds. Not only does it do this to catch food but also to add shimmer to it's amazingly sleek blue feathers.
Ability/ies: Keen Eye/Damp
Description: It's a simple small blue-jay. Blue in color and a white face. It has three long feathers flowing from the back of it's head (much like pidgeot). It's eyes are red and it's feet are the same color as Articuno's.

Name: Soarouge
Etymology: Soar and Rouge (Red in French)
Species: Cardinal
Class: Showoff
Type/s: Normal/Flying
Pokédex Entry: Soarouge love to fly into the city where people can admire it's flaming red wings. It is in constant competition with Azula for attention.
Ability/ies: Keen Eye/Cute Charm
Description: It's a small red cardinal. Red body white face. Three long red feathers coming from its head. Unlike Azula it is sort of short and stout.
Please, please, please check the first post.

Darrow.PNG

Name: Darrow
Etymology: from Dark and Crow
Species: Assasin Bird
Class: Killer
Type/s: Dark/Flying
Pokédex Entry: It stays in caves but it goes out only when the moon it`s full.
Ability/ies: Keen Eye/Pick Up
Description:Darrow is a strange bird with black and white feathers and a long beak just lika a toucan`s.
Again, please read the first post.

I also think this hasn't been given enough attention? These are realy good IMO.
They are great, but I have said that for now we should concentrate on the concepts we've got on the first post before adding more and more ideas.

Dithering is not my specialty. >.> And I was using Dageki as reference, but I tried fixing those problems.

Bunpaw-1.png

Jackapaw-1.png

As for Poketta's, the fur ends on the rear and its front right arm (our left) look odd to me on the wombat. Fisey doesn't look like it has enough contrast between colors, same with Flaroo, but I'm rather fond of how the latter looks. :)

EDIT: photobucket takes forever to update new pics..... -.-
Added.

Continuing work on that vampire flamingo (Vamingo?). I think it's turning out nicely.

149uxyv.png

Also I thought I would throw out this other sprite I'd fiddling with even though it's not based on anyone's ideas. I'd thought I'd make some kind of ghostly seed, or something, one that could evolve into some kind of ghostly tree. Or maybe a shrubbery.

11skqwn.png

Dageki's one of the new Gen V pokemon.
I've added Vamingo/Flamincula to the first post, though for now I'll omit the seed dude for reasons mentioned before.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Apr 13, 2016
Okay, wait, can we just make sprite up on the spot or do we have to use ideas by other members in the first post?

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
The palette's not final, though I want to keep it kind of subdued since the Summer form will be bright. Then again, bright green and pink wouldn't be unusual for a rain forest snake. I'll try a few different palettes when I resume work on that one. More black outline, though? Where, up the back?

Also, oops, I meant to post that to the showcase/discussion thread... x_x

Nimblethumbs

my name would look hot in bold
Years
  • Seen Feb 21, 2015
I see you added fangs. But now I'm seeing that that snake is too big. Maybe it head should rest on the coiled part?

Offtopic: Yay! 100th post!

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
The palette's not final, though I want to keep it kind of subdued since the Summer form will be bright. Then again, bright green and pink wouldn't be unusual for a rain forest snake. I'll try a few different palettes when I resume work on that one. More black outline, though? Where, up the back?

Also, oops, I meant to post that to the showcase/discussion thread... x_x

On the inside of the coil and the right side of the sprite, and I'd try experimenting with black outlines on the coils towards the front of the sprite. I'm not sure exactly what would look good and fit with the style, I haven't really looked at the fifth gen sprites much, but that's what I would imagine from looking a the others descriptions of the style.

Chesu

Boss Carrot
Years
I'm doing different head and tail positions for each version... The winter one's head is already rested on the coils, and the autumn's is coiled down and positioned right above them. I made it large on purpose, as that's the direction Scarf and tnguye are going, but I didn't realize just how big I made it; it happens to be exactly the same height as Zekrom. Though, that's only the spring form, the others are all smaller. I might shave some off the neck if I really need to.

It probably is big enough to warrant a "pre-evolution" (I hate that term), though.

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
Years
ooh that vampire flamingo is awesome! work on those legs a bit more and it's gonna be epic.

Years
I'm posting these sprites, instead of coming up of sprites how about coming up of ideas and descriptions? c:

6f5yk2.jpg
20igyko.jpg

Winged sharks.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
I'm posting these sprites, instead of coming up of sprites how about coming up of ideas and descriptions? c:

6f5yk2.jpg
20igyko.jpg

Winged sharks.

That's a great idea, but I think an additional evolution would be better. The second one is weird, it looks like it could have an evolution, but it also looks like it could stand alone as is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back