The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Gaming > Challenges

Notices

Challenges Bored of your old Pokémon games, but still want to play them? Put your skills to the test with a solo run, a monotype challenge, or anything else you can think of.
New threads in this forum are to be approved by a moderator before they are displayed.

Advertise here

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 3rd, 2011, 04:00 AM
Porygon Z
718!

Nature: Adamant
Send a message via Skype™ to Porygon Z

Advertise here
What about "The Ugliest Pokèmon Challenge"?

Basically, you choose from one to six of the ugliest Pokèmon ever, standing to your own tastes.
Then, you choose a game where these Pokèmon are findable or hackable, and use it on that game.

And, I agree to InfernoRogue's Lyrics Challenge, it would be very funny! =D

Emblems awarded so far

Owner of Tri-Species Challenge, Version 3.0
Old January 3rd, 2011, 06:26 AM
Sooyun
Specialty: Rare types & UU/NU

Location: Sleeping with Cyndaquil, Torchic, Charmander, and Pokabu
Nature: Sassy
I agree to the lyrics challenge

Current Challenge(s):

B.I.N.G.O - Kanto - Love @ 1st Sight - LG

Current Challenges on hold:
UMC (Fire) => Fire Red Soul Silver Emerald Platinum Black

Complete Challenges:

Event: Green, Gold, and Booze☆ - St. Patrick's Challenge Event!
Event: Challoween - Halloween Event
Lyrics Challenge (Rhianna -Sell Me Candy)
Dream Theme - Survival Of the Fittest

The Hippie Challenge - Blastoise//Sandslash//Fearow//Lapras

Future Challenge(s):
Old January 3rd, 2011, 06:30 AM
The Lord of Smug

Nature: Hasty
Agreed to the Lyrics challenge, it lets you be creative.

And why don't we do something similar to the New year's egg swap, where you have 3 eggs and you are required to swap those slots at least 3 times before you can start? Or something like that.

It'd be cool.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 07:32 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God
Community Supporter Tier 5

Send a message via AIM to myrrhman
I like the lyrics challenge.
As for the ugly challenge, could we do something random and rule out Purugly, so that people have to actually think about your team.
Egg Swap: I like it, as long as there are some ground rules. Since they're eggs, I know I'm going to breed on some good egg moves. I personally think everyone should do the same. Which would mean no Magikarp/Caterpie/etc. eggs. What do you guys think?
Old January 3rd, 2011, 09:36 AM
Timmetje

Maybe a nature challenge that will go like this.

You choose a nature, let's say Adamant
You pick your starter and check its nature
is it Adamant? You can use it. Is it another nature? You can use it until you find a pokémon of the right nature
After you have your starter and get your pokébals you may catch a pokémon. If it's the right nature you can have it. Otherwise you may never catch that pokémon again. Get it?

What do you think of that? You maybe can choose two natures to make it less hard if you want.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 11:57 AM
Enigma
we love, we hate. we die, forever late! in willow's way...
Community Supporter

Nature: Hardy
I will be starting up the Lyrics challenge.

Ugliest: Might be a little hard for me to decide, but I guess I'd do it. xD Maybe I could pick a game with really bad sprites so I have a larger variety. (lolGreen)
Who knows, maybe it can evolve into a "Most Beautiful Pokemon Challenge". 8D

Egg swap: I think this is a great idea. So are you just breeding eggs and you just keep swapping them out until a certain point where you have 3 in your party and they hatch? Or is it literally like the New Year's Egg Swap? Because then people on emulators would have some trouble with this. They could still trade (even though a lot of people don't know how) but I find it kind of...troublesome. xP
Please tell me if I have the concept completely wrong, because I feel like I do.

Nature challenge: I think that version sounds okay. Having two natures would probably make it a little better, since there are twenty-five natures.

"Magnus! I do not fear your reign, for I have an umbrella!"

Last edited by Enigma; January 3rd, 2011 at 12:03 PM.
Old January 3rd, 2011, 12:25 PM
Sydian
Reserved for Syd's house - Nook Homes

Nature: Timid
Lyrics challenge sounds amazing, I wish I had a game that I wasn't playing. ;-; Then again, I'd eventually get bored and forget about it. :(

Ugliest challenge...maaaay be a bit weird. There's a lot of Pokemon that some people think are ugly and some people like. For instance. I think Spiritomb is adorable, but most people think it's ugly and yeah, don't ask. lol But hey, I think it could still work.

I love the idea of the Egg Challenge. :)
Old January 3rd, 2011, 01:16 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

But Syd, that's what keeps it fun. Some people will be like "OMG HOW CAN YOU THINK THAT SEED BBY IS UGLY" but you know that someone will...

And Karpman can confirm this, I absolutely hate trading. But I'd do it for the Egg Challenge.
Old January 4th, 2011, 04:19 PM
Enigma
Community Supporter

I'll be posting up my challenge thread for the Lyrics Challenge soon, I almost forgot! xP

Old January 4th, 2011, 05:31 PM
Exile
Two Weeks
Community Supporter

I came up with the idea for a challenge, where you set up a small group and hold a "mini-draft" on MSN/AIM.
Basically you would draft evolution lines and playthrough the game. If a Pokemon faints, than it's permaboxed, although you
can catch/trade as many members of the evo lines you drafted as you want.
EDIT: Oh yes, Myrrh detests trading, he doesn't even want to use a Kingdra for his HG Water Monotype.
Old January 4th, 2011, 07:29 PM
jdthebud
Monotype Master
Community Supporter

Nature: Naive
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpman View Post
EDIT: Oh yes, Myrrh detests trading, he doesn't even want to use a Kingdra for his HG Water Monotype.
This is why emulators = win. Pokesav FTW! I would wait until I actually get the Dragon Scale though lol (semi-legit?)

FireRed - HeartGold - Emerald - Platinum - Black 2

Completed Ultimate Challenges:
Ultimate Monotype:

Fireheart: L88, L88, L71, L76, L100; Palin: L98, L92, L86, L100, L100
Excalibur: L75, L88, L87, L84, L100; Nagini: L100, L96, L100, L100, L100
Old January 4th, 2011, 08:51 PM
myrrhman
Challenge God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karpman View Post
I came up with the idea for a challenge, where you set up a small group and hold a "mini-draft" on MSN/AIM.
Basically you would draft evolution lines and playthrough the game. If a Pokemon faints, than it's permaboxed, although you
can catch/trade as many members of the evo lines you drafted as you want.
Your cool idea gave me a cool idea! Pokecommunity should hold a cup of sorts. We have a signup time. Everyone who wants to participate in the cup signs up. Then, two teams are made, with an equal balance of experienced people, new people, and people in between. Then, we'll have two different drafts, one for the experienced people and one for the new people (so that there will be more Pokemon available). We'll set some rules like total number of rounds, maybe a "salary cap", etc. Then, we will publish another signup sheet. It will have some Nuzlockes, Monotypes, Solos, speed runs, etc. People on your team gather and sign up for slots in the challenges. We'll discuss beforehand if we want just one challenge per person, or if we want two, etc. People gather and discuss because some people won't have a strong team for Monotypes, but have one really strong solo runner. They'll sign up for a solo challenge most likely. You can only use your own Pokemon, not your teammates. After you have everyone on your team signed up, the other team's lineup would be revealed. Then you start playing your assigned challenge, and fastest completion (by in game time) of the challenge wins! There will be like a one month period to finish or else you forfeit and the other team wins. Whichever team gets the most points by the end of the month wins!
Old January 5th, 2011, 12:14 AM
560cool.
Probably back.

Nature: Relaxed
I like and (most probably) will participate in the following :

Lyrics Challenge (expect me spamming Eminem and Green Day a lot, lol n_n)
Ugliest Pokemon (maybe even use something like Feebas to make it more of a challenge... an of course, a ton of BW Pokemon)
Myrrh's idea is God, and we can implement it as a Challenge Get-Together... Anyone ? (:

Old January 5th, 2011, 12:22 AM
Sydian

taht sounds like a good event fro the summer time atualy.

hey its two in the morning
Old January 5th, 2011, 04:24 AM
stargate1995
Mr. Flying Pickle Monster

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by myrrhman View Post
Your cool idea gave me a cool idea! Pokecommunity should hold a cup of sorts. We have a signup time. Everyone who wants to participate in the cup signs up. Then, two teams are made, with an equal balance of experienced people, new people, and people in between. Then, we'll have two different drafts, one for the experienced people and one for the new people (so that there will be more Pokemon available). We'll set some rules like total number of rounds, maybe a "salary cap", etc. Then, we will publish another signup sheet. It will have some Nuzlockes, Monotypes, Solos, speed runs, etc. People on your team gather and sign up for slots in the challenges. We'll discuss beforehand if we want just one challenge per person, or if we want two, etc. People gather and discuss because some people won't have a strong team for Monotypes, but have one really strong solo runner. They'll sign up for a solo challenge most likely. You can only use your own Pokemon, not your teammates. After you have everyone on your team signed up, the other team's lineup would be revealed. Then you start playing your assigned challenge, and fastest completion (by in game time) of the challenge wins! There will be like a one month period to finish or else you forfeit and the other team wins. Whichever team gets the most points by the end of the month wins!
Would definitely join this challenge if solo running was put into it :D

Ultimate solo run with Kabutops

Current challenges:
Ultimate solo run with Nidoking, [K][J][H][S][U]
Black part of solo rune with Kabutops

Evidently I like solo challenges

Metagross and salamence fan
Old January 5th, 2011, 06:25 AM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
> "It will have some Nuzlockes, Monotypes, Solos, speed runs, etc. People on your team gather and sign up for slots in the challenges"

> "It will have some Nuzlockes, Monotypes, Solos, speed runs, etc."

> "It will have some Nuzlockes"

> "Nuzlockes"

Count me in :DD
Old January 5th, 2011, 06:59 AM
Hallylicious
アラン

Nature: Relaxed
Not sure how well this would work or if it would catch on.

But what about a challenge where you can ONLY use the 5 pokeballs the professor gives you at the start of the game. If you blow all 5 on one pokemon or fail to catch one at all then your stuck with the pokemon you have for the rest of the game.

Completed Challenges
R/S/E Monotype Challenge! Psychic
The Username Letter Challenge.
Old January 5th, 2011, 07:19 AM
myrrhman
Challenge God

There would have to be a rule for HM slaves. Because if you start with a Charmander and then blow your Pokeballs on Pidgeys, you can't get across water at all.

And I'm glad everyone likes the idea. I think we should publish the first sign up sheet in the notices right as it hits summer, to give us the most time. So I think we should take these 5 months to make sure everything will run smoothly.

Last edited by myrrhman; January 5th, 2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old January 5th, 2011, 10:01 AM
The Lord of Smug

Nature: Hasty
Is there a way to be on the organizational committee of that event? If so, I'm interested.
Old January 5th, 2011, 10:06 AM
Sydian

Quote:
Not sure how well this would work or if it would catch on.

But what about a challenge where you can ONLY use the 5 pokeballs the professor gives you at the start of the game. If you blow all 5 on one pokemon or fail to catch one at all then your stuck with the pokemon you have for the rest of the game.
I think we had one, but it's not active anymore. Feel free to remake it. I also feel bad for the poor sucker that ends up having to keep a Beedrill on the squad.

Also, I'm...never posting in here at 2 AM. Ever. Again. :|
Old January 5th, 2011, 11:23 AM
chaos11011
Habunake, Bite!

Nature: Docile
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to chaos11011
As active as you think Summer will be, where I live I will have no break what-so-ever. SO having it in the summer won't really be the best for me. Because that's the busiest time of the year for me.
Old January 5th, 2011, 02:12 PM
Exile
Two Weeks
Community Supporter

Quote:
This is something we're definetly doing, I agree with Syd though, we can save it for break. I'd rather we give points for each someone time a certain type challenge with their team, and we can have divisions/brackets if too many sign up and we don't have enough evo lines to hand out. We'll have a lot of time to plan it out so it's fair and fun. Legends will be barred from participation, of course.
This is going to be amazing.
Old January 5th, 2011, 04:26 PM
Enigma
Community Supporter

Attempting to get White to work is holding my challenges back...it keeps freezing when
Spoiler:
I first battle Belle in my house and I attempt to use a move

I will kick myself so that I can get up the lyrics challenge. Now. xD

In response to myrrhman's challenge idea, I would love to join that. Hopefully I can be an asset to whatever team I'm on.

Old January 5th, 2011, 04:49 PM
Exile
Two Weeks
Community Supporter

Quote:
Originally Posted by InfernoRogue View Post
Attempting to get White to work is holding my challenges back...it keeps freezing when
Spoiler:
I first battle Belle in my house and I attempt to use a move

I will kick myself so that I can get up the lyrics challenge. Now. xD

In response to myrrhman's challenge idea, I would love to join that. Hopefully I can be an asset to whatever team I'm on.
If you're using no$gba, then that's going to happen, sorry bro.
Anyhow, I really like the idea of teams, I imagine members' "Challenge Points" adding up to give the team a total.Myrrh and I will get everything squared away on AIM, hopefully.
Old January 5th, 2011, 05:08 PM
Weavile05
Currently Hacking BW

Nature: Lax
Quote:
I'll join, and attempt to do a Monotype. I'm pretty decent at those (as soon as I can figure out how to beat the Johto E4 that is...lol)

Hoenn, 1 Badge
My Youtube Channel: Check out my Pokemon Red Walkthrough
Pokemon White FC: 2322 5491 2643
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here