The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > ROM Hacking > Hacks Studio > Progressing Hacks

Notices

Progressing Hacks The forum for submitting your hack in production. Everyone's welcome, and you may come and find a hack that's starting out or make your own hack. For Pokémon/non-Pokémon hacks.

Advertise here

Closed Thread
Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 4th, 2011, 05:19 PM
ebilly99

Advertise here
Pokemon Osaka (Yeah we ran out of colors)
Storyline, you have been professor pines assitant for the summer and are researching the mysterious reigion of Osaka. Suddenly a teen break in and try to steal one of Pines pokemon, you grab one, Your rival Rio manages to grab the second while the stranger grabs the last one. Pine reveals that the teen was the son of team Genome, and that there a group of teens who demand the most powerful pokemon, and will go to any extreme to MAKE THEM. You start your quest and meet many freinds.
As you progress you find a land where time acts different, and as you continue your gym challange you return to the main world and discover that Team Genome and Team knight are at war and destroying city after city. You try to stop them and discover that they have captured the legends and are unstopable. Right before you pass out celebi comes and transports you back to the cave of time. From here you must stop the badguys before they become unstopable. Catch extinct pokemon and go into the future and see what happens if you fail.
Time periods. Dinosaurs, Midevil, Wild west, 20 years in the past, modern times, 20 years in the future.

Last edited by ebilly99; January 16th, 2011 at 09:43 AM. Reason: addition to story
Old January 6th, 2011, 09:31 PM
avolonsaber

Hey there, people. I've been into ROM hacking for a while and I always wanted to make my own hack. The problem was that I'd start, get bored, and then quit. Well, I'm determined not to quit this time. I decided to see what people thought of my story because I figured positive feed back would keep me going, anyways, here it is:

One Island- Your home. Playing at the beach, watching the clouds, and hanging out with your friends, its paradise; or at least it was when you were younger. You're 16 now, the ocean waves aren't as amazing, the clouds don't take shape anymore, the constant sunshine is annoying(FireRed reference), and all your friends are gone; off on adventures with their Pokemon. Custom in Sevi states that your father is supposed to go out and get you your Starter Pokemon(you're a kid, on an Island, how else would you get it), but custom in your family states, "I'm off to work". That's what Dad says, he's never around, never has been. He's there for what seems like minutes then goes "off to work". He doesn't talk about his job, and you don't care to know. What you do wanna know though is why he doesn't seem to care enough to stick around, and how he could leave the responsibilities of raising a child/teen almost solely on Mom. Sure, he makes sure you're okay money-wise, but money can't buy happiness; or fix resentment(you're a bitter protagonist). After you spend some time in your room, with festering thoughts of anger towards dear 'ol Dad, you decide to take a walk on the beach to cool down. You make your way downstairs to find your Dad, just sitting at the table conversing with Mom. Now's your chance, you go to ask him why, why he seems to not care, but you don't have the time. As you open your mouth he quickly gives you either a Squirtle, Totodile, or Mudkip(Player's choice), a pair of new Running Shoes, and heads back "off to work". Before he goes though, he says something: "I have a job to do in Sevi this time, so I expect you to come find me".

So basically you traverse Sevi looking for your Dad to finally confront him, while meeting people, Trainers, and Team Rocket(not saying what role they play)along the way. Seeing as how there are no Gyms on the islands I plan on having older island inhabitants give you the Badges after you've shown you've earned them; Whether it be by beating them in a battle , completing a 'dangerous' quest, or just having your team of Pokemon love you fully. Also since Islands 8 & 9 have map data but are unaccessible I was planning on making them accessible and incorporating them into the story. The game will feature a mix of maybe around 200 Pokemon from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn, new palettes, some new tiles, and new maps. After the player has beat the Sevi story & gotten all 8 bades I might let them go to a few parts of Kanto and challenge the Indigo League. Thoughts, feedback?

Edit: I have no name for this hack yet, not even a working title, so suggestions are welcome

Last edited by avolonsaber; January 6th, 2011 at 09:33 PM. Reason: Addition needed.
Old January 6th, 2011, 09:41 PM
adhdguitar
Newbie Pokémon Hacker

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Originally Posted by avolonsaber View Post
Hey there, people. I've been into ROM hacking for a while and I always wanted to make my own hack. The problem was that I'd start, get bored, and then quit. Well, I'm determined not to quit this time. I decided to see what people thought of my story because I figured positive feed back would keep me going, anyways, here it is:

One Island- Your home. Playing at the beach, watching the clouds, and hanging out with your friends, its paradise; or at least it was when you were younger. You're 16 now, the ocean waves aren't as amazing, the clouds don't take shape anymore, the constant sunshine is annoying(FireRed reference), and all your friends are gone; off on adventures with their Pokemon. Custom in Sevi states that your father is supposed to go out and get you your Starter Pokemon(you're a kid, on an Island, how else would you get it), but custom in your family states, "I'm off to work". That's what Dad says, he's never around, never has been. He's there for what seems like minutes then goes "off to work". He doesn't talk about his job, and you don't care to know. What you do wanna know though is why he doesn't seem to care enough to stick around, and how he could leave the responsibilities of raising a child/teen almost solely on Mom. Sure, he makes sure you're okay money-wise, but money can't buy happiness; or fix resentment(you're a bitter protagonist). After you spend some time in your room, with festering thoughts of anger towards dear 'ol Dad, you decide to take a walk on the beach to cool down. You make your way downstairs to find your Dad, just sitting at the table conversing with Mom. Now's your chance, you go to ask him why, why he seems to not care, but you don't have the time. As you open your mouth he quickly gives you either a Squirtle, Totodile, or Mudkip(Player's choice), a pair of new Running Shoes, and heads back "off to work". Before he goes though, he says something: "I have a job to do in Sevi this time, so I expect you to come find me".

So basically you traverse Sevi looking for your Dad to finally confront him, while meeting people, Trainers, and Team Rocket(not saying what role they play)along the way. Seeing as how there are no Gyms on the islands I plan on having older island inhabitants give you the Badges after you've shown you've earned them; Whether it be by beating them in a battle , completing a 'dangerous' quest, or just having your team of Pokemon love you fully. Also since Islands 8 & 9 have map data but are unaccessible I was planning on making them accessible and incorporating them into the story. The game will feature a mix of maybe around 200 Pokemon from Kanto/Johto/Hoenn, new palettes, some new tiles, and new maps. After the player has beat the Sevi story & gotten all 8 bades I might let them go to a few parts of Kanto and challenge the Indigo League. Thoughts, feedback?

Edit: I have no name for this hack yet, not even a working title, so suggestions are welcome
I like it. The beginning seems a little long winded, but it's really good. The good part about your story is that it has a more human element to it, rather than just saving the world or whatever the usual bs is.
As for the gameplay ideas, it sounds fun, but you'll probably have to make the islands bigger and more numerous since that's where pretty much the whole game takes place. You can borrow maps from Kanto and convert them into islands, changing the map connections to do so.
And about challenging the Indigo League, I think it would be OK to let the player access Cinnibar, Pallet and Viridian, and Victory Road from there and block off Viridian Forest, but that's just my opinion and really depends on how long the island part is.

Yellow: Complete
Crystal:
Complete
Sapphire: Not Started
Cherrim: Not Started
Old January 7th, 2011, 12:21 AM
avolonsaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdguitar View Post
And about challenging the Indigo League, I think it would be OK to let the player access Cinnibar, Pallet and Viridian, and Victory Road from there and block off Viridian Forest, but that's just my opinion and really depends on how long the island part is.
Thanks I wanted to make the island part take about as long as playing through Kanto in FireRed does, maybe a bit shorter? I was thinking if I did allow access to Kanto, that you'd only be able to go to Vermillion City(because the Tri-Pass can take you there), Diglet Cave, Route 2, Viridian City - Victory Road, and Pallet. What do you think about that?
Old January 7th, 2011, 06:17 AM
adhdguitar
Newbie Pokémon Hacker

Nature: Adamant
Quote:
Thanks I wanted to make the island part take about as long as playing through Kanto in FireRed does, maybe a bit shorter? I was thinking if I did allow access to Kanto, that you'd only be able to go to Vermillion City(because the Tri-Pass can take you there), Diglet Cave, Route 2, Viridian City - Victory Road, and Pallet. What do you think about that?
That's actually a really good idea. Maybe you could stick a Snorlax or something in front of Diglett's Cave to block access until you have 8 badges? (At which point you'd get a Pokeflute or something similar.) And yeah, playing through the islands should take around as long as it does to play through Kanto in FireRed.

Good hack so far, I look forward to seeing it developed and eventually released.

Yellow: Complete
Crystal:
Complete
Sapphire: Not Started
Cherrim: Not Started
Old January 7th, 2011, 12:32 PM
avolonsaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by adhdguitar View Post
That's actually a really good idea. Maybe you could stick a Snorlax or something in front of Diglett's Cave to block access until you have 8 badges? (At which point you'd get a Pokeflute or something similar.) And yeah, playing through the islands should take around as long as it does to play through Kanto in FireRed.

Good hack so far, I look forward to seeing it developed and eventually released.
Cool, cool. Thanks a bunch, its good to know there's some interest in it now. I don't know if you're interested, but so far I'm doing this whole thing solo, so if you wanna a part PM or VM me.
Old January 7th, 2011, 02:33 PM
Sgt_Grovyle
-Not a Grovyle fool!

Nature: Impish
Ok so I've been hacking for somewhere near 4 years now and I've never been the best when it comes to making stories although I'm quite skilled at scripting and what not. But anyway, here is what I have so far for my upcoming hack.

Game Title: Pokemon CrossThunder
Hack of: Fire Red

Story: It's finally graduation day for many students attending Basinridge Pokemon academy and based on the results of your final exams, you along with your two best friends, Shelly and Vincent, will be paired with a partner Pokemon. Afterward Prof.Stone(head of the academy) gives the three of you one last test to travel to Vexten Town and meet Prof.Vine who will give you an official Pokedex and register you for the Kaze(region name) league. Everything seems like a dream come true until you see Shelly being hassled by a mysterious man dressed in black and purple. After seeing your friend in danger you immediately jump into the frontline in order to save your friend. Once defeated the goon runs off and Shelly informs you he is a member of Team Shadow and they believe in awakening the evil in all Pokemon in order to bring out their true power. Unfortunately, she doesn't know much else about them or what they plan on using the Pokemon they try and steal for so the two of you head into Vexten Town. After visiting Prof.Vine, you and your friends are set to begin your journeys around the vast Kaze region as you meet new trainers, gym leaders, challenges, all while trying to reach the ultimate goal of becoming a champion.

It sounds like a Nintendo based game rather than a hack but, like I mentioned before, I've never been that great at coming up with storylines. I'm open to any suggestions or things you think I should add.
Old January 8th, 2011, 01:23 AM
avolonsaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgt_Grovyle View Post
Ok so I've been hacking for somewhere near 4 years now and I've never been the best when it comes to making stories although I'm quite skilled at scripting and what not. But anyway, here is what I have so far for my upcoming hack.

Game Title: Pokemon CrossThunder
Hack of: Fire Red

Story: It's finally graduation day for many students attending Basinridge Pokemon academy and based on the results of your final exams, you along with your two best friends, Shelly and Vincent, will be paired with a partner Pokemon. Afterward Prof.Stone(head of the academy) gives the three of you one last test to travel to Vexten Town and meet Prof.Vine who will give you an official Pokedex and register you for the Kaze(region name) league. Everything seems like a dream come true until you see Shelly being hassled by a mysterious man dressed in black and purple. After seeing your friend in danger you immediately jump into the frontline in order to save your friend. Once defeated the goon runs off and Shelly informs you he is a member of Team Shadow and they believe in awakening the evil in all Pokemon in order to bring out their true power. Unfortunately, she doesn't know much else about them or what they plan on using the Pokemon they try and steal for so the two of you head into Vexten Town. After visiting Prof.Vine, you and your friends are set to begin your journeys around the vast Kaze region as you meet new trainers, gym leaders, challenges, all while trying to reach the ultimate goal of becoming a champion.

It sounds like a Nintendo based game rather than a hack but, like I mentioned before, I've never been that great at coming up with storylines. I'm open to any suggestions or things you think I should add.
The title sounds cool to me, but does it relate to anything? Lol. The story sounds original with the academy and what such, but "Team Shadow" seems really similar to Chiper, and Kaze to Orre, might wanna change it so it doesn't sound like Pokemon Colosseum for the GBA. A little Nintendo based sounding, but that doesn't mean it has to be. Make it stand out with some great scripts/maps and it could be wonderful. Try to avoid the whole "get Badges, stop the bad guys, beat the Elite 4, all done" formula most hacks seem to have too. Good luck
Old January 8th, 2011, 11:45 AM
Cobe
Beginning Trainer

Anymore feedback on mine?
Old January 8th, 2011, 01:56 PM
Sgt_Grovyle
-Not a Grovyle fool!

Nature: Impish
Quote:
The title sounds cool to me, but does it relate to anything? Lol. The story sounds original with the academy and what such, but "Team Shadow" seems really similar to Chiper, and Kaze to Orre, might wanna change it so it doesn't sound like Pokemon Colosseum for the GBA. A little Nintendo based sounding, but that doesn't mean it has to be. Make it stand out with some great scripts/maps and it could be wonderful. Try to avoid the whole "get Badges, stop the bad guys, beat the Elite 4, all done" formula most hacks seem to have too. Good luck
CrossThunder is an attack that Zekrom learns and Zekrom is the main legendary involved in the game. I guess the story would sound a bit more interesting if I told about why Zekrom is involved in the game but, I'm still working on that. As for Team Shadow, I completely forgot about Colosseum lol so I'll try to come up with something a little more original.
Old January 8th, 2011, 05:36 PM
avolonsaber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobe View Post
Hack Name : Dark Destiny

Base: FireRed

Story
You and your mom move back to the region of Eurasia(Still thinking of a name). The Region where the weather is WILD, even though most of the region is very Rainy. You've never known your dad because he left at AGE 1. Your mom thinks you are ready to start your own journey.. So you meet up with your RIVAL and Prof. Sulake at his lab. You can pick from.. Pikachu,Larvitar and YOUR CHOICE. As soon as you get your pokemon you are off.. and.. not so much. As you are ambushed by Dark Destiny. You get knocked out and are woken up by your pokemon! Now you have to escape their Hideout with your life as you battle through some runts, you reach a dead end.. across the room is YOUR FATHER and two warps..As you battle YOUR FATHER you learn that he has a few legendary that are actually mutated.. After beating him he tells you a story about the new leader of Dark Destiny, and also tells you the right warp to go through...

Feedback?
I assume that if you pick Pikachu your opponent picks Larvitar & vise versa, which isn't balanced at all. I think its really cool that you have the option to pick whatever Pokemon as a starter, but its bad at the same time, because I like Lugia. Lol. They game wouldn't be much of a challenge if I was raising a legendary. I don't know what you mean by "mutated", but it sounds interesting. From what you said it sounds like you're inside a building the whole game; are you?
Old January 14th, 2011, 10:46 AM
treecko0
Carpe Diem

Nature: Quiet

Well I would like to help create a hack as I'm a fan of them. I've played a lot of them Well I don't have much but any help in expanding or modifying the story would be great, and feel free to speak out even if its bad. I would only go to my room and cry all day lol J/K Its all good.

OK so here I go:
Name: No so sure maybe "The Reign of Dragons" or something
Basic info: I plan on using some pokemon from the first 4 generations and maybe a couple for the 5th. Don't know much about mapping or any of that so yeah not much said there. Might need some statues of Dragons of course. 8 gyms and Elite 4.
Starters: I,m thinking of mudkip treecko and torchic. Gible Bagon and Dratini and maybe kibago are other major important pokemon.
Story: Your just a teen just moved in and you don't know much about pokemon. You don't know anyone there but a girl starts talking to you. Her Dad just found a new species of pokemon and since you two didn't have any he gave you the talk and the your received the poke of your choice. You show you mom etc. but your dad disapproves of this (he want you to be a layer). you start walking back home after school and you see a bunch of guys(maroon shirts) running across you. You decide to follow there you meet a guy who's part of the ??? Revolution team ( only 2 members) he explains the guys in maroon are an evil team called Dark Legionnaires and their plan (Use the power of the dragons to capture the world.) So there's your first fight against a legionnaire. you ended up rescuing some dragons. You tell you mom the story and decide to star your journey. You then get an invite to the ??? Revolutions team HQ where you become part of it and you get to choose a dragon type pokemon listed above. So you go city to city gym to gym and by the end they capture the two team members so its just you. You end up doing some side quest for the team and other side quests where you get the chance to catch legendaries and such. You get the 8 gym badges and managed to remove members form the legionnaires now your off to the elite 4. when you beat the champion you then try to rescue your team mates with the help of the girl. They tell you to go to the HQ and there's a vault (They give you the code) There's instructions to unleash the dragon of light.(Reshiram maybe) but the other half is missing that only means legionnaires got it. You find out that they got Zekrom. after that you try to capture Reshiram before they do. Then you get intel on Zekroms location and go there. You battle many of the legionaires and finally you get to the location to find that the leader capture him (1st idea there you face him in an epic battle....) (2nd he flys off, now either you find him or we start the sequel at this point.)

I know there's a big gap in the middle ill try to figure something out later.

Thank you for your time. Remember feel free to add, adjust remove anything form it.

Ive posted this earlier and i really want to start hacking so can i get some feedback on this please???
www.combatgrounds.com/page.php?id=1394137

Last edited by treecko0; January 14th, 2011 at 11:00 AM. Reason: messed up the first time
Old January 17th, 2011, 01:50 PM
nitrobw1
Beginning Trainer

my idea 4 a hack is Pokemon Dracos. my mom would never let me hack so i was hoping someone would do it for me and give me credit 4 the storyline and title. anyway, this is the story of Legend, a boy who was raised by pokemon and can understand them as well as humans. he is given a choice of either gible, dratini, or bagon. after this his father, Raquaza, sends him into the world to collect all 8 badges in Kanto, and to beat the Elite 4. After this the final battle is with the Pokemon who raised you, Rayquaza, dragonite, salamence, and garchomp.
Old January 17th, 2011, 02:23 PM
Tenn Tenki
Awesome Dude

Nature: Quirky
Hack Name: Pokemon Azure

Storyline: Your a detictive who works for Porffesor Bleu. One day he haves you go on a mission to investagate Team Rocket who have been spotted in the Azure region. During your journey you see a blue Ninetails.

Any Suggestions?
Old January 22nd, 2011, 12:26 AM
Django136
Epic Pro Baller

Name: Pokemon Eternal Version (This is totally changing once I get a good idea)

Info: I'm using a FireRed rom base. It will mostly contain 1-3rd generation Pokemon with a few (5 tops) fakemon. Your starter will be Eevee.

Storyline: You're a kid growing up in Sepia City. It's not a bad life, it's just always seemed a bit boring. Nothing exciting ever seems to happen. One day, a new stadium is opened up in your city (Stadium, not Gym. I was figuring it would work a bit like a Battle Tower if you return later in the game) You and your best friend (Rival) hear that the leader of the Pokemon League in your region (As of yet unnamed) is going to be there to commemorate the opening. You both show up on opening day and are in the middle of watching a battle when suddenly a few grunts of the regional crime syndicate (Once again, unnamed. Might just use Team Rocket...) show up and stop the show, attempting to steal Pokemon from the stadium. You and your friend try to get out of their and stumble into the back room where the rental Pokemon are stored. Two grunts pop in to the room and threaten you to get out of the way. Quickly you and your rival grab rental Pokeballs off the shelf and fight the two grunts off. (Yours is an Eevee) When you come outside, you briefly witness the Pokemon League leader fighting off a few more of the grunts. The manager of the stadium comes out and tells you to keep the Pokemon you used as a reward for your help. *Time passes* The next day your rival tells you that even though everything that just happened was completely dangerous, it was the most exciting thing that's ever happened to him. He wants to get out of this town and live a little. He says he's leaving on an adventure to become a Pokemon trainer. You decide to do the same.

Ok, so I'm pretty certain I like where my story here is going (but I'm definitely accepting criticism), but one of my main concerns is the fact that you start out in a city. I already have it mapped and it looks great, but it's much bigger than your average starter town. It also includes a Pokemon Center and a Pokemart which is different. I personally don't mind different, but I'm not sure I want to go ahead with the city idea unless other people would enjoy it as well. What do you all think?
Old February 17th, 2011, 09:06 AM
RayRay92
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Django136 View Post
Name: Pokemon Eternal Version (This is totally changing once I get a good idea)

Info: I'm using a FireRed rom base. It will mostly contain 1-3rd generation Pokemon with a few (5 tops) fakemon. Your starter will be Eevee.

Storyline: You're a kid growing up in Sepia City. It's not a bad life, it's just always seemed a bit boring. Nothing exciting ever seems to happen. One day, a new stadium is opened up in your city (Stadium, not Gym. I was figuring it would work a bit like a Battle Tower if you return later in the game) You and your best friend (Rival) hear that the leader of the Pokemon League in your region (As of yet unnamed) is going to be there to commemorate the opening. You both show up on opening day and are in the middle of watching a battle when suddenly a few grunts of the regional crime syndicate (Once again, unnamed. Might just use Team Rocket...) show up and stop the show, attempting to steal Pokemon from the stadium. You and your friend try to get out of their and stumble into the back room where the rental Pokemon are stored. Two grunts pop in to the room and threaten you to get out of the way. Quickly you and your rival grab rental Pokeballs off the shelf and fight the two grunts off. (Yours is an Eevee) When you come outside, you briefly witness the Pokemon League leader fighting off a few more of the grunts. The manager of the stadium comes out and tells you to keep the Pokemon you used as a reward for your help. *Time passes* The next day your rival tells you that even though everything that just happened was completely dangerous, it was the most exciting thing that's ever happened to him. He wants to get out of this town and live a little. He says he's leaving on an adventure to become a Pokemon trainer. You decide to do the same.

Ok, so I'm pretty certain I like where my story here is going (but I'm definitely accepting criticism), but one of my main concerns is the fact that you start out in a city. I already have it mapped and it looks great, but it's much bigger than your average starter town. It also includes a Pokemon Center and a Pokemart which is different. I personally don't mind different, but I'm not sure I want to go ahead with the city idea unless other people would enjoy it as well. What do you all think?

If you're concerned about the starter town being too big, you could adjust the story so that the stadium is opening in a city one (short) route away.
Old February 17th, 2011, 11:10 AM
LightOfTruth
Likes Hacks and Official Games

Pokemon Firered Expanded Version

Set in Kanto/Sevil Islands. 10 years later things have really developed over at the Sevil Islands so much that its even a full region of its own now. The new Pokemon League isn't now where you think in Kanto. Its now located on one of the new islands which you can only enter if you have 8 badges from Kanto and 8 badges from Sevil Islands. Where the PKMN league was in kanto had been replaced by the big cave to Sevil Islands which you need 8 badges of Kanto to enter. Also Kanto has changed in 10 years

Get some Sims 3 stuff now

Old February 17th, 2011, 11:36 AM
RayRay92
Beginning Trainer

Pokemon Dark Spirit

Storyline:
You, start in a small village you were born in, it's your birthday and you're finally old enough to get your first Pokemon. You live in a 1 room apartment/flat with your older brother in the hope that through battling you'll be able to move.

You travel the short route to the next town to visit Prof to collect your first Pokemon, you get there and recieve your starter (possibly Eevee). On your way back you run into your rival (though in this he will be a friend) and have your first taste of a battle. You get home and inform your brother you'll be leaving on your journey.

Through out travelling the land you'll be able to encounter 390 Pokemon (Gen III + a couple others), through out your travels you'll hear people talk of Legends of a perished legendary Pokemon who used to look after the land before humans got to the land.

Features:
- Being able to buy houses
- Unique puzzles, some confusing, some simple

+ more

I've only got a rough idea at the minute and well it's changing at the minute, any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.
Old February 19th, 2011, 12:33 PM
Firework.
Unhatched Egg

Pokemon Opal
Storyline:
You, the main character, arrive on a ship in Vermillion City with your parents and little sister. All is going well, and your about to set sail on a PokeEarth cruise, traveling to all of the regions. As the ship takes off, you feel that unexplainable feeling of uncertainty. The feeling you get when you know something bad is going to happen but you can't explain how or why. In a rush of adrenaline and uncertainty, you hurry to find your parents. Before you know it, the boat is shaking back and forth. There are muffled screams of pokemon and humans.

You find yourself in a small room, with water rushing in. You call for you parents, or anyone for that matter. No one answers. There is a small opening in the side of the boat. You manage to squeeze out into the freezing water of the North Kanto sea. Swimming for your life, you become exhausted. You decide to stop and tread water. Floating in the water is something you'd never expect to see -- a necklace. It's expensive, and made of fine Opal. It belonged to your mother. Without hesitation, you grab the necklace. It's all you have left of her.

Out of nowhere, a generous pokemon comes to the rescue. A confused (whatever starter you pick) looks at you. It senses that you need help and swims you to shore. As it swims, you can hear the boat sinking still. You think about what you could have done to save your parents. But in the end, you don't look back to watch it burn.

This is a very very very brief summary of the storyline. If anyone wants to help me with this hack, feelfree to message me!

w h a t t h e f u t u r e holds.

after a h u r r i c a n e,

comes a rainbow.
Old February 25th, 2011, 05:28 PM
Dark pokemon
Beginner Hacker

Nature: Calm
Tittle: Pokemon Black Operation

Rom base: Pokemon Firered

This game is in the middle of the great Pokemon war. The war is two sides. The evil side called Team S lead by their dictator Dragonvich who is said to have an undefeatable Dragon party. The good side is called the Allies force lead by the council of Elites. This war have devasated families because members have to go fight in the war. The war had devastated Pokemon who became vistims of the Team S reign of fire. So this war have been going on 11 years now. Team S have taken over the Sinnoh and Sinnoh. They have now begin to attack Kanto. Lance the leader of Kanto have decide to form a project called EPT (Elite Pokemon Trainers). This group was train to be able to weild any Pokemon and use it for special military operation. You have been invited in that group with your friend and rival Forst. You have been in that group for 6 months and have passed the hard training. You and your squad are now assign their first Pokemon and mission to capture a Team S general and bring him to Lance for integregation.

Questions:

Should I add gyms and the Pokemon league?

Is there anything I should add to the storyline?

Should I make the plot more like COD's or keep it as original as I can

Old February 26th, 2011, 03:04 PM
montyb
Beginning Trainer

Pokemon Yellow Moon.

I came up with that title at random, would actually be a firered hack.

Ideas I'm playing with for the story.

1. The protagonist is from our world, who through an experiment slips into the Pokemon world, but the connection back is severed when it turns out the device thay let him pass through, doesn't function in Pokemon world. He was given an electronic recording system to monitor the strange beings on the other side though, and he decides to continue his experiment while searching for a way home. however...

2The world of Pokemon is in trouble, but not because of a cult-like team, because of you! In this Pokemon world it turns out your existence is a threat to the balance of worlds, and so, you're being chased by the Poke-guard. An elite group of trainers/peace keepers in the Cyil region (new region obviously), under the orders of the Defenders, The masterminds behind the Poke-guard. But your no pushover, and thanks to some assistance from a trainer who gives you one of his Pokemon for protection, you now have the means to fight back.

Major Plot points (spoilers if i ever get good enough at scripting to make this thing)-
1. One of the Defenders is a traitor, and is plotting to overthrow the peaceful government of Cyil by deceiving the others into making you their enemy. In reality however, while they are dealing with you, he's out hunting and training his own secret forces, the New-Power, a group of 4 trainers he selected himself and armed with extremely powerful Pokemon. At the same time, he himself is collecting legendary Pokemon in hopes of creating a dictatorship after he defeats the other defenders. He also intends to destroy the New-Power so nobody can oppose him.

2. The trainer you meet who gives you a pokemon is actually the true leader of the Defenders, and manipulated you to fight his own loyal supporters, so that you would be strong enough to fight along side him against the traitor's legendary Pokemon team. He is a great leader and believes in justice. though he manipulated you, he is honestly torn over whether what he's doing is right or wrong, and after the final battle, offers to help you get home, and as long as you're in Cyil, you'll have all the rights of a defender (opening up new dungeons where you couldn't go before). There is also an event with him where he tries to reopen the rift between worlds (which leads to a legendary pokemon)

3. It turns out the leader did all this because he was shown by Celebi that you would be the key to maintaining peace, but only if you struggled to grow stronger.

--
I was also thinking about maybe having a little bit of romance somewhere in there. I think a good story needs some love. Maybe, have the protagonist and one of the higher ranking female defenders have feelings for each other (and maybe tie a legendary event to it.)

What do you think? I tried to keep it similar enough gameplay wise by keeping eight boss battles, something like the elite four, and a team to face. but wanted to twist it enough the story didn't feel stale.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark pokemon View Post
Tittle: Pokemon Black Operation

Rom base: Pokemon Firered

This game is in the middle of the great Pokemon war. The war is two sides. The evil side called Team S lead by their dictator Dragonvich who is said to have an undefeatable Dragon party. The good side is called the Allies force lead by the council of Elites. This war have devasated families because members have to go fight in the war. The war had devastated Pokemon who became vistims of the Team S reign of fire. So this war have been going on 11 years now. Team S have taken over the Sinnoh and Sinnoh. They have now begin to attack Kanto. Lance the leader of Kanto have decide to form a project called EPT (Elite Pokemon Trainers). This group was train to be able to weild any Pokemon and use it for special military operation. You have been invited in that group with your friend and rival Forst. You have been in that group for 6 months and have passed the hard training. You and your squad are now assign their first Pokemon and mission to capture a Team S general and bring him to Lance for integregation.

Questions:

Should I add gyms and the Pokemon league?

Is there anything I should add to the storyline?

Should I make the plot more like COD's or keep it as original as I can
well, last question first, never make your plot "more like" anything. When you have the freedom to come up with whatever you want, making it like something else you already know or is popular seems like a waste, you know?

I like the story line. But how would you start off? it seems a little odd, story wise, to pass months of training to be able to use any pokemon, and for your first mission you get a level 5 starter. Maybe, add the training as part of the game instead of something inferred. Hell, you could have the majority of the game in training. Make the gym leaders into your teachers/masters, who you have to defeat to move on to the next lesson/training phase or something. And then have the missions be extremely tough post 8 leader dungeons. Or not. It's your thing. But if you do start after training, then maybe you should give some reason or plot point as to why your pokemon is so weak and there's only 1. like it's a tradition or something that they receive one newborn partner after training, but have to raise them on their own to prove themselves.

These are just my ideas, do what you want. If you don't mind though, and don't do it yourself, I might use something like this myself though... I like the idea of a school like environment for training elite pokemon trainers.

---------------------------------------------
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firework. View Post
Pokemon Opal
Storyline:
You, the main character, arrive on a ship in Vermillion City with your parents and little sister. All is going well, and your about to set sail on a PokeEarth cruise, traveling to all of the regions. As the ship takes off, you feel that unexplainable feeling of uncertainty. The feeling you get when you know something bad is going to happen but you can't explain how or why. In a rush of adrenaline and uncertainty, you hurry to find your parents. Before you know it, the boat is shaking back and forth. There are muffled screams of pokemon and humans.

You find yourself in a small room, with water rushing in. You call for you parents, or anyone for that matter. No one answers. There is a small opening in the side of the boat. You manage to squeeze out into the freezing water of the North Kanto sea. Swimming for your life, you become exhausted. You decide to stop and tread water. Floating in the water is something you'd never expect to see -- a necklace. It's expensive, and made of fine Opal. It belonged to your mother. Without hesitation, you grab the necklace. It's all you have left of her.

Out of nowhere, a generous pokemon comes to the rescue. A confused (whatever starter you pick) looks at you. It senses that you need help and swims you to shore. As it swims, you can hear the boat sinking still. You think about what you could have done to save your parents. But in the end, you don't look back to watch it burn.

This is a very very very brief summary of the storyline. If anyone wants to help me with this hack, feelfree to message me!
pretty dark for a Pokemon game. And would a stone necklace float. you can have whatever Pokemon rescues you happen to be holding it or something. I can't really say much more. there's nothing of the plot once the game actually starts. Does the burning ship have something to do with an evil plot, a legendary pokemon, a seasick captain? I'd need to hear more before i can really help

Last edited by montyb; February 26th, 2011 at 03:23 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Old February 26th, 2011, 04:24 PM
Dark pokemon
Beginner Hacker

Nature: Calm
Quote:
Originally Posted by montyb View Post

well, last question first, never make your plot "more like" anything. When you have the freedom to come up with whatever you want, making it like something else you already know or is popular seems like a waste, you know?

I like the story line. But how would you start off? it seems a little odd, story wise, to pass months of training to be able to use any pokemon, and for your first mission you get a level 5 starter. Maybe, add the training as part of the game instead of something inferred. Hell, you could have the majority of the game in training. Make the gym leaders into your teachers/masters, who you have to defeat to move on to the next lesson/training phase or something. And then have the missions be extremely tough post 8 leader dungeons. Or not. It's your thing. But if you do start after training, then maybe you should give some reason or plot point as to why your pokemon is so weak and there's only 1. like it's a tradition or something that they receive one newborn partner after training, but have to raise them on their own to prove themselves.

These are just my ideas, do what you want. If you don't mind though, and don't do it yourself, I might use something like this myself though... I like the idea of a school like environment for training elite pokemon trainers.
I like your idea of thw game being the training session. I wasn't planning on having the Pokemon weak. It is war. They were going to be atleast level 20. But I do like your idea still.

Old February 27th, 2011, 02:54 PM
ShadowMrk
The Ghost

Nature: Gentle
Name: (Undecided)

Basically, you live in some city in a new region and you have turned 18. At the age of 18, you are able to get your Tracker License which allows you to work alongside with the Police to catch criminals (essentially, you are a bounty hunter). To get missions you must goto the Wanted Criminal bulletin that is inside of the Police Station ,and these missions are randomly generated. Along with these missions, there are going to be story missions that has to do with catching a group of Pokemon poachers. Also, instead of getting your Pokemon from some Professor, you get it from your father who is also a Tracker. You get to choose from at least 10 starter Pokemon. There are NO gyms or Elite 4 because personally the whole "Become the Pokemon champion" storyline has become quite cliche`. Please critique and give suggestions.
Old February 27th, 2011, 05:04 PM
Gars129
Is now focused on other things

My storyline

You are a 7 year old boy and your brother, a 10 year old Pokemon Trainer, as well as many other young trainers, have dissapeared, with only his journal being found. You decide to go search for your brother without your parents and the international police's knowing. With the help of your brother's journal, the young boy pretends to be a typical trainer.

You later discover that your brother and all the other trainers have been brainwashed into becoming part of a aboriginal movement that plans to capture a legendary Pokemon (still not invented), considered a deity among the aboriginals, that will eliminate modern society and return the region (name not created) to a simpler time without technology.

[IMG]http://www.mubos-md.com/brawlcards/cards/wqz8wnx8.png[/IMG]
Click here to level up my card![/url]

Diamond FC 3522 8541 4119
Old February 27th, 2011, 05:27 PM
montyb
Beginning Trainer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gars129 View Post
My storyline

You are a 7 year old boy and your brother, a 10 year old Pokemon Trainer, as well as many other young trainers, have dissapeared, with only his journal being found. You decide to go search for your brother without your parents and the international police's knowing. With the help of your brother's journal, the young boy pretends to be a typical trainer.

You later discover that your brother and all the other trainers have been brainwashed into becoming part of a aboriginal movement that plans to capture a legendary Pokemon (still not invented), considered a deity among the aboriginals, that will eliminate modern society and return the region (name not created) to a simpler time without technology.
I would just make it a cult. Aboriginals as the villains would definitely come off as racist. Also, maybe up the ages a little bit. Otherwise it's not bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMrk View Post
Name: (Undecided)

Basically, you live in some city in a new region and you have turned 18. At the age of 18, you are able to get your Tracker License which allows you to work alongside with the Police to catch criminals (essentially, you are a bounty hunter). To get missions you must goto the Wanted Criminal bulletin that is inside of the Police Station ,and these missions are randomly generated. Along with these missions, there are going to be story missions that has to do with catching a group of Pokemon poachers. Also, instead of getting your Pokemon from some Professor, you get it from your father who is also a Tracker. You get to choose from at least 10 starter Pokemon. There are NO gyms or Elite 4 because personally the whole "Become the Pokemon champion" storyline has become quite cliche`. Please critique and give suggestions.
I like the abandonment of the gyms and elite four, but how would you make up for the level limitations? also, it would require a huge amount of scripting to completely change the game's development. Not that it's impossible, but it wouldn't be easy. I like the wanted poster idea, but how would it work wild level wise? If you choose the bounty, then you'd have to have a way to adjust the levels as you progress. Otherwise, it's be linear with the bounties being story elements, in which case how would you tie them into the plot? I'd stick with the general idea, but it's going to need some fleshing out.

Last edited by montyb; February 27th, 2011 at 05:31 PM. Reason: Your double post has been automatically merged.
Closed Thread
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links

Advertise here