The PokéCommunity Forums  

Go Back   The PokéCommunity Forums > Pokémon Discussions > Pokémon Anime > Episode Discussion

Notices

Episode Discussion Keeping up with the upcoming and currently airing Japanese and English episodes? This is where you can discuss each of the episodes respectively.

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old January 8th, 2011, 05:11 AM
Gumball Watterson
"79% of stair accidents happen on stairs."
Community Supporter

Nature: Serious
BD hasn't logged on since the 5th... Oh well. Behold, the continuation of Ash vs Paul
  • Since we left off: Execution.
  • Creative escape...
  • Hmmm... not much to comment this episode, is there?
  • How the hell do you dodge that kind of pin missle?
  • Whoops, the tail again.
  • Bam
  • WHAT, Torterra is part ground... ugh I'm not even gonna start
  • Boom
  • FURY OF THE STORM!!!!
  • .... no, not impressed
  • That sucks
  • Paul... is creepy
  • Whoops
  • Paul always runs the show, if you know what I mean~
  • That move sort of bothered me...
  • ...I lieks Dawn's body language
  • I was wondering what that move was...
  • ...Honestly, this announcer is annoying
  • BAM! HEADSHOT!... or.... HeadIronTailed?
  • On the stomach...
  • Oh lol Team Rocket
  • Too many explosions >__>
  • OUCH
  • TOO AWESEOM FOR WORDS! Shut up Barry >__>
  • Agh crap. We're not done. Is it me or do pure battle episodes go by much faster?

Well, not a bad episode. Another awesome battle, therefore not much to say since I didn't require much thinking when I saw it in Japanese.

Last edited by Gumball Watterson; January 8th, 2011 at 05:30 AM.
Old January 8th, 2011, 05:12 AM
Blue_Drifblim
¯\(º_o)/¯

Nature: Calm
Two weeks later..... It's time for Part 2 (of 3) of the Ash vs Paul Sinnoh League match! I'm sure many people are looking forward to seeing this.
Old January 8th, 2011, 03:13 PM
TheFuturePokemon
Natural.....

Well next week we will get the end of this battle.
Old January 8th, 2011, 03:24 PM
Guy
just a guy

Send a message via Skype™ to Guy
This episode was better in Japanese for some reason. Maybe because it was my first time seeing it.

/fiddles thumb

Torterra losing like that still bugs me. At the very least it should have made at least ONE victory against Paul. The writers really did poorly on its part since it started evolving, and they focused so much between Paul and Ash's story with Chimchar, they didn't give enough development on Torterra's training. It's a sad story there. ):

Next week is what we've all been waiting for now.
Old January 8th, 2011, 09:24 PM
Kirbychu
Scyther

Nature: Naughty
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post
I’ll just reply in both threads (I like Blue-Drifblim's better though) and when they’re merged one of my posts will be deleted by one of those two boring Moderators whose names I can‘t remember.
You know me so well, Vernikova.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post
This episode was better in Japanese for some reason. Maybe because it was my first time seeing it.

I didn't find this episode as enjoyable as when I first watched it either. That's not to say that I didn't like the episode. It's always nice to see Pikachu battling at its peak performance; it's just too bad that it's going to get nerfed soon. Oh well, we've still got some amazing battles left in DP!

On a side note, the music that played during Pikachu vs. Froslass made me nostalgia very hard.

Paired to cr4y

Old January 9th, 2011, 07:10 AM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
I enjoyed it, but like I said in the japanese thread, I thought Torterra was handled crap again.

Old January 10th, 2011, 04:43 PM
WriteThemWrong
LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice

Nature: Lax
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mew~ View Post
I enjoyed it, but like I said in the japanese thread, I thought Torterra was handled crap again.
definitely, after just using synthesis, how could torterra possibly be knocked out by pin missle.
It's hard talking to cactus.

I think my head is dying
It's like being trapped in a room of smells
Old January 14th, 2011, 12:55 PM
Mew~
THE HOST IS BROKEN

Nature: Quirky
Send a message via Windows Live Messenger to Mew~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vernikova View Post

OMG! How did I get these ratings????!!!!! I must be wizard-desukawaiii nom nom nom,.
The toonzone CN rating's thread.
Quote:
Originally Posted by {Shadow}
Saturday Ratings: 1/8/11

Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, January 8, 2011 Cable Networks only (Live + SD Data):
Source: Disney Research from Nielsen Media Research Data
NICKELODEON
3.6/19 Avg. (7a-1p)
Fairly OddParents 1.8/22; Rugrats 2.6/24; Fanboy & Chum Chum 2.9/21; SpongeBob SquarePants 4.0/22; SpongeBob SquarePants 4.3/20; SpongeBob SquarePants 4.7/21; T.U.F.F. Puppy 4.3/18; T.U.F.F. Puppy 3.9/16; Penguins of Madagascar 3.7/16; Planet Sheen 3.4/15; iCarly 3.7/17; iCarly 4.0/18
DISNEY CHANNEL
3.4/18 Avg. (7a-1p)
Handy Manny 1.8/22; Special Agent Oso 1.9/18; Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 2.1/15; Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 2.8/16; Phineas and Ferb 3.3/16; Phineas and Ferb 4.0/18; Phineas and Ferb 4.4/18; Fish Hooks 3.9/16; Suite Life On Deck 4.3/19; Suite Life On Deck 4.2/19; Wizards of Waverly Place 3.9/18; Wizards of Waverly Place 4.3/19
CARTOON NETWORK
1.2/6 Avg. (7a-1p)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 1.1/13; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.1/10; Pokemon: DP Sinnoh League 1.4/10; Sym-Bionic Titan 1.1/6; Generator Rex 1.1/5; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.7/7; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 1.1/5; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 1.2/5; Hole in the Wall 1.1/5; Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. 1.0/4; Garfield Show 1.6/7; Garfield Show 1.1/5
DISNEY XD
0.8/4 Avg. (7a-1p)
Zeke and Luther 0.4/5; Phineas and Ferb 0.9/8; Phineas and Ferb Shorts 1.3/9; Kick Buttowski 1.0/6; Pair of Kings 1.1/5; Avengers: EMH 0.6/3; Kid Vs. Kat 0.7/3; Jimmy Two Shoes 0.6/3; Phineas and Ferb 0.5/2; Phineas and Ferb 0.8/3; Phineas and Ferb 0.8/4; Kick Buttowski 0.6/3

Old January 23rd, 2011, 04:12 AM
Jorah
What do I put here?
Community Supporter

- Paul's gasp when Pikachu came back with Iron Tail was funny

Music kept: (4)

Music at the start
Ninjask uses Agility
Satoshi's Battle Decision
Frosslass is sent out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiiro View Post

/fiddles thumb
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirbychu View Post
I didn't find this episode as enjoyable as when I first watched it either.
Background music. Most likely, background music. The dub replaces the Japanese music which gives some sort of emotion, with bland, sorta screechy tracks. It honestly can make a difference as to whether a battle can be epic or just a run of the mill, everyday battle >_> Stuff like Gary vs Ash in Battle Frontier is a very good example of this.
Old January 26th, 2011, 09:27 PM
Masquerainisthajam
Self-Proclaimed Gym Leader

Nature: Gentle
You know, I have some favorites about this episode.

Drapion owning Staraptor
Frosslass's Hail + Snow Cloak ability
Infernape's destroying the Toxic Spikes by digging and using Flare Blitz

Liked it!

9.5/10

We can make a Pokémon Concert! All we need is Jigglypuff to sing...wait, that would be a bad idea because we would all fall asleep, Jigglypuff would get mad and then it would draw on all of our faces...yeah, let's not do that!

75% of Pokémon gamers use cheats and specially made codes to make their Pokémon battle-worthy.
If you are one of the 25% percent that level their Pokémon up legally, put this in your signature.
Quick Reply

Sponsored Links